Regular Melbourne Drinks Night...

Guest Kathryn7

Guest Kathryn7

Thanks to everyone who came along on Saturday night, hope you all had fun!

Was lovely to meet those of you who were new to the PIO nights out, and great to see some regular faces

Watch this space for the next night out...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kathryn for organizing another great night. It was great to meet some newbies and see some familiar faces.:biggrin:

Brian & Katie

Guest Kathryn7
I'm disappointed I missed out on this, I would really like to come along to your next event if that is ok?

no worries, I am sure something will be arranged in the next few weeks!

Thanks to everyone who came along on Saturday night, hope you all had fun!

Was lovely to meet those of you who were new to the PIO nights out, and great to see some regular faces

Watch this space for the next night out...

We had a top night on Saturday (apart from the dash for the tram & the last train home!!), next time we'll prob look to stay overnight in the city at a hostel or something so we can stay out a bit longer, already looking forward to the next meet-up.

Thanks for organising everything, very good choice of venue.

Karl & Fiona.

Hi,

Me and my Girlfriend (David and Michelle - both 39) arrive in Melbourne to live on 20th Dec, apart from the small matter of watching the Ashes at the MCG we would love to meet up with others for nights out on a regular basis in the Melbourne area.

Guest Kathryn7
Apologies for missing the night out. I wasn't feeling great and had no access to email. Sounds like you had fun x

:( hope you're feeling better

Guest Kathryn7
Hi,

Me and my Girlfriend (David and Michelle - both 39) arrive in Melbourne to live on 20th Dec, apart from the small matter of watching the Ashes at the MCG we would love to meet up with others for nights out on a regular basis in the Melbourne area.

December will soon come round, bet you're excited! Hope to see you at one of the meet ups in the future :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you can all make it to the next drinks night on SATURDAY 2ND OCTOBER

As usual, ideas on a location would be appreciated!

What about the Duke of Kent pub on the corner of La Trobe and Elizabeth Sts? It's a big place that I am sure would be happy to section off an area or provide a room for us.

Duke of Kent Hotel

293 La Trobe St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (03) 9670 0128

dofk.com.au

Guest Kathryn7
What about the Duke of Kent pub on the corner of La Trobe and Elizabeth Sts? It's a big place that I am sure would be happy to section off an area or provide a room for us.

Duke of Kent Hotel

dofk.com.au

Thanks for the suggestion, I will make some enquiries

I've emailed a couple of other places, just waiting to hear back from them!

Guest Kathryn7

Duke of Kent Hotel

dofk.com.au

I've checked this out and they dont normally open on a Saturday night :(

None of the other suggestions have come to fruition, so thinking we go to Chloes Bar again. Very central, no loud music and big enough to accomodate us.

Next problem is, do we look at rearranging the date from 2 October given that its Grand Final Part Deux??

I've checked this out and they dont normally open on a Saturday night :(

None of the other suggestions have come to fruition, so thinking we go to Chloes Bar again. Very central, no loud music and big enough to accomodate us.

Next problem is, do we look at rearranging the date from 2 October given that its Grand Final Part Deux??

How can a pub not be open on a saturday night?!

My vote is to re-arrange our catch up this saturday (Oct 2nd) now we have Grand Final Part Deux, town will be rammed with traffic and drunk idiots (more than normal). Emily

Guest Kathryn7
How can a pub not be open on a saturday night?!

My vote is to re-arrange our catch up this saturday (Oct 2nd) now we have Grand Final Part Deux, town will be rammed with traffic and drunk idiots (more than normal). Emily

They said they usually shut early on a Saturday evening?

Guest Kathryn7

I know its Grand Final Part Deux on Saturday, but if anyone still fancies meeting up then the plan is

Chloes Bar from 7pm Saturday 2 October. Hopefully we can be in there early enough before the crazy footy fans arrive, and its directly opposite Flinder St Station so people don't have to be wandering round on their own

Could you please add your name if you are interested, as depending on numbers we may have to postpone?

Kathryn x

I know its Grand Final Part Deux on Saturday, but if anyone still fancies meeting up then the plan is

Chloes Bar from 7pm Saturday 2 October. Hopefully we can be in there early enough before the crazy footy fans arrive, and its directly opposite Flinder St Station so people don't have to be wandering round on their own

Could you please add your name if you are interested, as depending on numbers we may have to postpone?

Kathryn x

Yep, we're good for that, the city will be a buzz with people, it'll be awesome!

Kathryn x

YES

Karl & Fiona

Guest Kathryn7

Date: Saturday 2 October

Time: From 7pm until late

Location: Chloes Bar (above Young & Jacksons, opposite Flinders Street Station)

Definites

Kathryn

Maureen

Karl & Fiona

Jade & Rob

Lindsey & Paul

Lynda & Derek

Maybes

Jennifer & Glenn

Joanne

Guest Devon Lass

Kathryn - I would live to meet up and meet some fellow Brits, been here nearly 4 years now and would love to hear how everyone else is settling in - I loive out towards Mt Macedon but happy to meet in the city

Let me know when the next meeting wll be - I shall keep a watch on your thread

Archived