The Butlers Validation Trip !!

The Butlers

Hello All

Right were do I start !!!!!!!!!!

First thing first is that i am back in uk and I feel home sick so you can all take it that we loved it !!!!!!!!!!!

Like anything in life there are always highs and lows so this is how our trip to Oz went.

When we arrived a bit jet lagged but didn't care as we were finally back.

Weather was a bit rainy on first couple of days buy we were busy looking at areas.

When we went in 2007 for 6 weeks we found that we loved being in the south area but this time when we went to visit these area's we found it wasn't for us !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are all thinking why why why ???

I really think that it all depends on where you live in the uk city living or counrty living.

So after i few sulks and sad faces from me we pulled our selfs together and got a street map book and started our search again !!! remember we had no internet only a phone that I could only text on !!!

So this is where the people we meet online we have never met really really become your life as these are the people that helped us in our search for an area we would feel at home in !!!

It may be the jet lag that doesn't help in the first few days but we really thought what are we doing we were drving round looking at area's we had no clue about !!!

Then on a day out in hillary's harbour we then realised that this is what it is all about !!!

Poor Harrison had a sick bug while we were at hillary's and everyone was so helpful so once we knew Harrison was better we went back and while we were there we meet with a couple that I meet when we went in 2007 when they had just emigrated.

Was great seeing how they have made a fab life for themselfs and how the things they are doing now would not be possible in the uk, oh and the million pound house they are moving into !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also spent time with a family we also met on a forum who went out in 2008 but i have always kept in contact with them, they live in secrect Harbour which is a lovley area but not for us !! So what I am trying to say here is that you can't choose an area because you like the people there as once you are there living and working these people will be doing there own thing if that makes sence.

I had an interview with weight watchers and whoo hoo got the job !!!!!!!!!

Anyway we start to get a feel for being up north of the river so got incontact with friends that end who showed us round and The Butlers finally felt at home THANK GOD was starting to think all this bloody waiting for nothing.

We spent a lovely evening and morning with Shona and her lovely family and friends and really felt that they could support all my family when we first arrive.

So again another thing ticked on the list of how will we survive !!!!!

We spent a lovely evening with Emma (from pio) and her family who just arrived to stay and we went to pub in secret harbour where the kids were entertained all evening !!!

Then we spent last few days with our lovely friends in secret harbour where they took us to woodman point which has everything you could ask for in a day out park, bbqs, playground, beach and this was a meeting point for us at it was half way for them and us !!!!!!!

So after all the up's and downs of thinking what have we done we left Australia with sad faces because we were leaving !!!!

We are now back and still jet lagged but Tim now has no job as thats what happend when you have 3 weeks off someone else comes along and when you are self employed you have no choice but even that is not getting us down as he is now going to get the house done and on the market.

So I know I have missed lots of things out but if anyone has any questions I will be very happy to give you my honest advice !!!

Hope you have enjoyed reading about the Butlers in Oz xx

Oh and the Boy Harrison 6 and George 4 loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really great to hear all about your trip....So glad it went so well for all of you :yes:

I know what you mean about the 'come-down' of getting back to the Uk, we are exactly the same after being in Florida, the whole atmosphere is different (even from those that are working, so its not a 'holiday-mode')

Now, what I 'need' to know is...........

Did you get to do any shopping

& if so, what was it like?.....:laugh:

Guest annemarie and brian

i am so glad you enjoyed your trip it was lovely to hear about it.

thank you annemariexx

Did you get to do any shopping

& if so, what was it like?.....:laugh:

Does going to the bottle shop count !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No shopping really as it's not my cup of tea but hillary's has a nice shopping bit so i will sit with the boys on the beach while you go shopping sound good :wink:

just wondered where you were looking south and where you decided north ? glad you had a great trip!

Where we looked south mandurah, lakelands, medow spring, golden bay, singleton, port kennedy and we stayed in a lovely house in secret harbour.

We did really like settlers hill as there is a really good shopping centre being build and the school was lovely and it is close to the freeway so not as far from the city.

We liked tappin and carramar but with tappin the pre primary school is a few roads away from the school which would mean a lot of rushing round collecting the boys and not enough time meeting the school mum's and there children as this is important to us, so carramar it is for us !

Can't say we looked at to many area's in the north as its time getting to them all.

Hope this helps

Emma and Gang

were heading to settlers in sept , just interesting to hear others views on areas , all the best with the rest ! thanx for the reply .

Settlers is lovely and it is still up and comng so you will make money on any house you buy !!!

The school is fab I loved it wish I hadn't looked at it now (now we are going somewhere else)

Good luck in September not that you need it !!!

Emma and Gang !!

way to go on the job front, glad to know you all had a great time, we loved hillarys too the water park will be great in the summer, wish we could afford to live there:swoon:.

shame about hubbie losing the work but silver lining is he can finish the house you can sell, get their quicker and be my support when i get there:biglaugh:.

ps you didnt miss anything on the shopping front the malls are great very american(you will like them kelly lol) but the clothes are awfull , so stock up now.

want to know more about the pre primary school and primary school????

jools x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Butlers

and great post. Its nice to hear such positiveness about Perth, when we were there we thought it was fantastic, the beaches were incredible and the city was fabulous. we went to Hilarys and had a great day out, it was so clean and modern and warm. Perth is so great for young kids, parks and play areas all over the place and it reminded me of Florida which was also fantastic. I hope everything works out well for you and best of luck.

jim

Guest Sebbers
Hi Butlers , we are going to Perth in 2 weeks to validate also. Do you have to tell WA that you had arrived as well , or do you tell them once you move over permanently?Glad you liked it by the way

2 weeks - we are too where are you staying?

27 o june fae glasgow, we emirates

We fly on the 29th with emirates too

We fly on 28th June to validate (still not sold bloody house!) from Manchester with Emirates and are staying in Clarkson - we will definately be sinking a few in the Whale and Ale!

We fly on 28th June to validate (still not sold bloody house!) from Manchester with Emirates and are staying in Clarkson - we will definately be sinking a few in the Whale and Ale!
Try the gumblossom bowling club good pint and if i remember not to expensive, enjoy, stevie

Hi Butlers , we are going to Perth in 2 weeks to validate also. Do you have to tell WA that you had arrived as well , or do you tell them once you move over permanently?Glad you liked it by the way

Nothing exciting it is all electronic it all happens when you go through customs !

You are all out of order coming on my thread and adding when you are going over !!!

I really am missing being in Oz so stop rubbing it in :biglaugh:

Hope you all have fun and find somewhere that will all make you happy !!!

Emma and Gang

You are all out of order coming on my thread and adding when you are going over !!!

I really am missing being in Oz so stop rubbing it in :biglaugh:

Hope you all have fun and find somewhere that will all make you happy !!!

Emma and Gang

Dont worry Emma - we'll get you and Kelly on the case when we are all there permanently and we will have the biggest bestest beach party ever for all our mates on the 'WA' thread - can't bloody wait! :wink::wink:

Donna x

Archived