GSM 175/176/475 last minute applicants - please add your details

nickyc88

Just got back from holiday and catching up. Didn't really expect anything to have changed, but I'm an impatient girl! Anyone heard anything??

Nicky

nah, nothing at all. don't expect to hear anything for while really.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nah, nothing at all. don't expect to hear anything for while really.

Actually, i have just noticed this evening that the online system now says "Application being processed further" dated 27/05/2010.

I didn't notice that when I signed in the other day. I think because I wasn't expecting anything so soon that I didn't take much notice.

Claire

Hi Claire,

How's things hope your well.

That sounds promising just had a look at mine its still the same no change. I take it you haven't heard from ACT yet, i wonder if it's something to do with that, did you have to e mail them your TRN ?

we're still waiting on SA, I'm not tempted to get in touch with them yet, but will if i don't hear by the 1st of July.

Maria.

the online system now says "Application being processed further" dated 27/05/2010.

Claire

Lol! I didn't notice that either. Ours changed on 08/06/10 but on the other hand it still shows our documents as required and the agent has uploaded them. She says they aren't great at keeping the system up to date. Still, someone must have done something!!

N x

Hi Claire,

How's things hope your well.

That sounds promising just had a look at mine its still the same no change. I take it you haven't heard from ACT yet, i wonder if it's something to do with that, did you have to e mail them your TRN ?

we're still waiting on SA, I'm not tempted to get in touch with them yet, but will if i don't hear by the 1st of July.

Maria.

HI Maria

We are still waiting for our SS with ACT, we hoping we hear soon. We havn't told them that we have submitted our visa app yet, I will check that with our agent but the delay is because our occupation was moved to the quota list from baseline and with it being IT they have to go to a ICT review panel who are taking ages.

Cheers

Claire

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Nicky, the time we finalised the online app was 10.01 pm EST so we did it with just 2 hours to spare.

However, when I was looking at the Immi site yesterday I noticed that they had the following info under their "Planned Maintenance Info":

Planned system maintenance

To allow us to continually improve our systems, online services and products, there will be planned system maintenance on the following days:

Friday 7 May 2010

From 11.30 pm Friday 7 May to 1.00 am Saturday 8 May 2010 AEDT (GMT + 10).

The following systems may become unavailable during the above times:

eLodgement (eVisa and Citizenship)

Should you receive a 'Server 500' error message during this time you are encouraged to try again after 1.00 am on Saturday 8 May 2010 AEDT (GMT + 10).

So, even though they were saying MIDNIGHT to get the apps in, they really meant 11.30 pm. So glad I didn't cut it too fine and get booted off the system half way through or even worse, just before the review at the end.

Me and the OH consider ourselves to be very lucky this time round. We've had a few knocks in this process over the past year and I am sure the road ahead will be a bumpy one too.

Fingers crossed for those of us who did just squeeze in there.

Claire

Hi Claire

You probably don't know it but your post above sparked a chain of events.

As you know, I was trying to help a lady called Susie who has posted on Poms in Adelaide. Her migration agents had tried to lodge her GSM visa application between 23:30 AEST and midnight AEST on the fateful night. Apparently the drill is to complete everything and then hit the "go" button but by the time the agents tried to hit the go button with Susie's application, it was too late because the on-line system had suddenly been switched off, in line with the message you had spotted and posted.

Endless argy-bargy ensued in order to try to get DIAC to accept Susie's visa application.

In the end Peter Speldewinde (a senior employee of DIAC in Canberra) sent an e-mail. According to this farce of an e-mail, everybody using the on-line system that night should have realised that when Speldwinde said "midnight AEST" in his original FAQ sheet, Speldewinde actually meant "23:30 AEST" because everybody should have been alert to the idea that the IT people would need to take the on-line system off-line at least 30 minutes before midnight AEST in order to get the on-line system to accept the idea of suspension.

That is DIAC's pathetic, feeble little excuse, on the strength of which they have refused to accept Susie's visa application and that of dozens of other applicants like her. I've heard that the prospective applicants and their migration agents have complained to the Commonwealth Ombudsman en masse. Quite right too. Peter Speldewinde refuses to say what time the "Planned System Maintenance" message was published on the DIAC website but the Ombudsman can and will require DIAC to provide a clear and truthful answer to that question.

Personally I think that DIAC's conduct is a total disgrace and I notice that Speldwinde is now so frightened that his new message on the DIAC website, explaining what will happen on the night of 30th June 2010, says in big letters that anybody wishing to use the on-line application system for GSM applications that day will need to ensure that the application is made by no later than 18:00 AEST on 30th June 2010.

Which is a bit circular since the on-line system will refuse to accept applications for offshore GSM visas until after midnight AEST on 30 June/1 July in any case but I suppose that Speldwinde's new and frightened announcement might affect people who intend to apply for the onshore GSM visas that day. (I don't know whether that group of prospective applicants will be affected or not.)

Cheers

Gill

In the end Peter Speldewinde (a senior employee of DIAC in Canberra) sent an e-mail. According to this farce of an e-mail, everybody using the on-line system that night should have realised that when Speldwinde said "midnight AEST" in his original FAQ sheet, Speldewinde actually meant "23:30 AEST" because everybody should have been alert to the idea that the IT people would need to take the on-line system off-line at least 30 minutes before midnight AEST in order to get the on-line system to accept the idea of suspension.

That is DIAC's pathetic, feeble little excuse, on the strength of which they have refused to accept Susie's visa application and that of dozens of other applicants like her. I've heard that the prospective applicants and their migration agents have complained to the Commonwealth Ombudsman en masse. Quite right too. Peter Speldewinde refuses to say what time the "Planned System Maintenance" message was published on the DIAC website but the Ombudsman can and will require DIAC to provide a clear and truthful answer to that question.

Hi Gill, yep totally agree, that is a pathetic excuse. Both me and my OH work in IT, me in support and OH developing / supporting websites and we both know it doesn't take half an hour to make a website in-active / suspended. Their IT guys could have performed this task at midnight and it taken seconds to take off-line.

I personally think they did it on purpose to cut-down the apps getting through before midnight.

Do you know how many people are affected by this?

Claire

I personally think they did it on purpose to cut-down the apps getting through before midnight.Claire

Hmmm... I don't think they are together enough to do this on purpose. I reckon c*ck up. But they won't say it.

N x

Guest Suz2011

Names: Susan & Chris

Visa Type: 175 Pool

CSL: yes

Job: . Accountant

Applied: 7th May 2010

Progress: Application Being Proccessed Further - Email received advising in a pool as only have 115 points awaiting statesponship from WA (applied 4th March) then switch to 176.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milano

Please add my details...

Name: Milano

Visa Type: Original 175 converted into 176

CSL: No

Job: . RAC

Applied: Dec 2007

Progress: CO assigned in Feb 2009, Med, PCC supplied, telephonic verification done in June 2010.

I have submitted everything except Form 1221 for my wife. The forms seems to be so repetitive and it asks questions like when she is going to visit and where she is going to stay to which we dont have answer as yet. Have you guys submitted this form?

I don't remember that form, but maybe someone who understands the process more than me can clarify. Maybe my OH isn't really planning to take me!! Or maybe it's different because we are both going at the same time.

N x

Please add my details...

Name: Milano

Visa Type: Original 175 converted into 176

CSL: No

Job: . RAC

Applied: Dec 2007

Progress: CO assigned in Feb 2009, Med, PCC supplied, telephonic verification done in June 2010.

Sounds like you've had a complicated journey!

Guest milano
Sounds like you've had a complicated journey!

you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!long journey with lot of hurdles e.g No CO for 15 months, routine processings, rules changes,CSL, SS and so on...I am totally fed up with this processing but still hope that my application be cleared soon as my med and pcc and verification are done already...but dont know why they are holding my application now?????????? :confused:

Guest carol46

Hi everyone Im new to this so any help would be helpful I already live in Oz so if you would like any info on were to go etc just ask away.

My question is i'm waiting for more info from the immi about my sister who as applied for a 475 visa in 2008 and nothing seems to be moving does anyone know of anyone who has had a 475 visa issued and passed lately just so it gives us some hope.

I wish you all good luck Oz is a beautiful place to live yes its hard at the beginning but worth the stress in the end . :biggrin:

Hi everyone Im new to this so any help would be helpful I already live in Oz so if you would like any info on were to go etc just ask away.

My question is i'm waiting for more info from the immi about my sister who as applied for a 475 visa in 2008 and nothing seems to be moving does anyone know of anyone who has had a 475 visa issued and passed lately just so it gives us some hope.

I wish you all good luck Oz is a beautiful place to live yes its hard at the beginning but worth the stress in the end . :biggrin:

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your offer of help! In terms of your question, I think you should start a new thread so that people who know lots more than I do have a look and give you their thoughts.

Best wishes,

Nicky

Guest bwanas

We just got a case officer today 14th July for my wife's Visa application. CSL applied 7th May the day the door closed.:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Guest bwanas

Hi everybody

We have just been granted a 175 CSL visa.

Finally the wait is over…

Family of 4 from South Africa.

Timeline below:

Feb 2008 Decided to go, appointed agent.

Wife assessed as financial manager.

Me assessed as Engineering Technologist.

July 2008 175 Lodged online.

1 Jan 2009, first set of changes, agent oblivious, only told 6 weeks later. mad.gif

Feb 2009 Agent fired.

March 2009 new Australia based agent appointed - carry on waiting…. huh.gif

September 2009 more ridiculous changes, going no where fast… thumbdown.gif

Jan 2010 decide to get wife re-assessed as an accountant - very easy process.

Feb 2010 more changes, nothing moving with original application, decide to lodge a second application. Potential cap and cease of original application is worrying me… sad.gif

March/April 2010 wife writes IELTS again x 2 to get onto CSL.

14th May 2010 Second application (now a paper application) arrived in Adelaide a few hours before the temporary suspension came into effect, phew… thumbup.gif

14th July 2010 Case officer assigned. thumbup.gif

27th July 2010 New set of processing arrangements announced, will I ever get a visa?

3rd August 2010 Medicals and Police Clearances reach Australia

11th August 2010 Visa Granted. Take that Mr Evans… tongue.gif

Special thanks to Fiona at Carre migration, she drove me mad with all the paper work requests in the beginning, but in the end they were spot on as the grant was quick and the case officer surely could not have required any more info than was supplied. I think this is where you see who a competent agent is and who isn’t.

No thanks to DIAC to the way they have treated people these past 18 months, it is scandalous.

Thanks to my dear wife who wrote IELTS with a slipped disc in her back, I don't know how she did it and passed.

For everyone in the queue - good luck for the road ahead, don’t lose sight of your goal. For every negative set of rule changes there is bound to be a positive set of changes.

This process has cost an absolute fortune and the hard work is still to come.

I really hope that it is worth it in the end? Damn it I will make sure it is….

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

We've had some news! Our agent got an email last week asking for clarification on some documents, and now we've been told we've got a case officer who's requested police checks and meds!!!! To be honest, I'd not been on PIO for ages and was disheartened with the prospect of an endless wait. I can't believe there's been progress!

Hope this means good news is coming for all of you very soon!

N x

Guest bwanas

Good One Nicky

You will be posting an "I got it" soon.

Things are definitely moving it seems for Cat 3s as well.

Richard

Archived