Positive Quotations

John Gilfillan

Hi All,

To keep positive in these uncertain moments, may I suggest that we put our most positive quotations or sayings on here as a reply to help others and lift the mood again? I will throw mine in first.

"Your attitude can take you forward or

your attitude can take you down.

The choice is always yours!"

Catherine Pulsifer

John Gilfillan:wink:

Guest Sammy74

I like this one when I'm struggling.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill.

Guest guest37336

'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'. Oscar Wilde.

'To see the rainbow, you must first endure the rain'

- Unknown

'Wealth is the ability to fully experience life'.

- Henry David Thoreau

'Our greatest glory is not never falling, but in rising every time we fall'

- Confucius

'Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true'

- Leon. J. Suenes

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.

-Marie Curie

'The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.'

- Unknown

'One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.'

-Unknown

'A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.'

- Unknown

I'll probably find some more soon :) and after finding all these the first one I posted is still my favourite.

Here is my all time favorite, to which I now live my life by.

"I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Adaption of Stephen Grellet

All these quotations are awesome. I hope it helps some people focus again.

John

Guest Caitmelbourne

Susan Jeffers who wrote 'Feel the Fear & do it anyway' has to be the queen of positive affirmations. I'm reading her book 'Embracing Uncertainty' & finding some parts useful when it all gets a bit overwhelming. It's easy to get so caught up in our own emotions towards a particular goal that we lose perspective on the bigger picture and where we stand in the grand scale of things.

Hi all

my daughters friend emergrated to America 3 months ago with her step dad mum brother her step dad being their sponsor, they sold their house packed up their stuff said their good by, 2 weeks later my daughters friend contacted us that her step dad wasn't well and was in a coma 2 weeks after that he died they had no sponsor they had to pack up and come home after only being their for 3 months,

I look at what we have and not what we dont have and see how lucky we are to be able to do this,

Tania:hug:

Archived