Why are you moving back to the UK?

Guest Fuddymeers99

Guest rachellh
So knowing all the reasons why people return ... will it make some people reconsider migrating?

Hell no! Everyone thinks that people who leave to go home must be uneducated, moaning quitters who haven't 'seen the light'. The truth is so far from that. After years of telling ourselves this was the perfect place to live and the best thing for our family, we actually we had to come here to 'see the light'. In hindsight I should have just invested in a good sun lamp to cheer me up on long winter days, and enjoyed the lovely life I already had.

That said, I think everyone has to take their own journey to figure out what's right for them - and everyone has very different ideas about what makes a quality of life good.

I know I'm personally not trying to put anyone off coming here with comments I make - far from it. I just think it's good to a open a few eyes to the reality. If you're leaving the UK because you think the lifestyle, schools, houses, jobs, crime rate, weather, opportunities are going to be better, cheaper, easier, safer and sunnier in Oz, you might just be in for one hell of a shock. There may indeed be more sun to cheer you up (in the summer that is) but it's still the same old sh*t to deal with everyday, just with a different pair of dumb and dumber DJ's irritating you on the radio as you drive on the long and dusty road to absolutely nowhere. And yes, that would be you Hamish and Andy - you are the epitome of the 'thick is great' culture that is applauded here, and you should be silenced immediately!

Rachel :biggrin:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest37175
Hell no! Everyone thinks that people who leave to go home must be uneducated, moaning quitters who haven't 'seen the light'. The truth is so far from that. After years of telling ourselves this was the perfect place to live and the best thing for our family, we actually we had to come here to 'see the light'. In hindsight I should have just invested in a good sun lamp to cheer me up on long winter days, and enjoyed the lovely life I already had.

That said, I think everyone has to take their own journey to figure out what's right for them - and everyone has very different ideas about what makes a quality of life good.

I know I'm personally not trying to put anyone off coming here with comments I make - far from it. I just think it's good to a open a few eyes to the reality. If you're leaving the UK because you think the lifestyle, schools, houses, jobs, crime rate, weather, opportunities are going to be better, cheaper, easier, safer and sunnier in Oz, you might just be in for one hell of a shock. There may indeed be more sun to cheer you up (in the summer that is) but it's still the same old sh*t to deal with everyday, just with a different pair of dumb and dumber DJ's irritating you on the radio as you drive on the long and dusty road to absolutely nowhere. And yes, that would be you Hamish and Andy - you are the epitome of the 'thick is great' culture that is applauded here, and you should be silenced immediately!

And if you could do the same with Dave Hughes (one man cultural cringe), Rove and the tragics from the 'Good News Week' / 'Talkin' 'Bout My Generation' then I'd be very grateful! :arghh:

Guest rachellh
And if you could do the same with Dave Hughes (one man cultural cringe), Rove and the tragics from the 'Good News Week' / 'Talkin' 'Bout My Generation' then I'd be very grateful! :arghh:

God, isn't that Dave Hughes awful. And he's meant to be Australia's top comic genius... that says much, me thinks!

We are thinking of moving back to the UK, we only arrived in October 2009, we live up at Mount Coolum, The Sunshine Coast.

We waited so long to get to Australia,4 ears to decoide, we decided then booked the flights for October 2009, rented our house out, set off on the most exciting adventure ever, we thought.

Australia has not lived up to our expectations, especially the Education system, I think it is absolutely ridiclous, I managed to secure a job at my little boys school as the after school co ordinator, the behaviour and rudness is shocking, even at a private school, grade 1's. I also feel my little boy who is in grade 1 isnt learning a thing, I feel he has gone backwards, he doesnt eat his dinenrs, when I approached the teacher she just says they get 10 min, its the only time I get to check e mails. I have now handed in my notice, we will have made a decision in 2weeks time what to do. All of my friends are having so much trouble at schools throughout Australia with bullying, it is ad and so usetting, its happening more here than in the uk, think this is a major issue which needs adressing ASAP, they run riot, not good at all.

The perception of Australia was good at 1st, 4 months later we both feel the heat is just too hot, our skin is tingling because the sun is so agressive, worried abut skin cancers, i am fair and freckly.

I look at Australia, I hated the uk when we left, now I feel totally different, apart form the recession the I think the uk is overall a better country.

I see Australia in 10 years time to become a more harsher and violent place to live looking at the kids in school, I dont want my little boy o become part of that culture, I fear for his safety now, after what I have seen. We are financially better off in the uk than here, we cant even afford to buy a house here due to the high interest rates.

Sorry to sound negative but it took us all years to decide and at least we can say we have tried it and feel we are the lucky one if we can afford to go back if we make th decision, we have 5 other sets of friends here who are stranded, they cant afford ot get home, I feel so sad for them.

ANyone else in the same postion, let me know

Julie

Guest Guest37175
God, isn't that Dave Hughes awful. And he's meant to be Australia's top comic genius... that says much, me thinks!

As funny as an orphanage on fire.

Guest guest30038
Hell no! Everyone thinks that people who leave to go home must be uneducated, :biggrin:

Now there's the rub! It appears to me that it's just the opposite, seeing as so many returnees complain about "lack of culture" here and state "culture" as one of the reasons for their return. I've lost count of the numbers of times that it has been inferred that those who like it here are "uncultured" and, (my words), must be thick as a brick to like it here.

kev

Now there's the rub! It appears to me that it's just the opposite, seeing as so many returnees complain about "lack of culture" here and state "culture" as one of the reasons for their return. I've lost count of the numbers of times that it has been inferred that those who like it here are "uncultured" and, (my words), must be thick as a brick to like it here.

kev

paranoia:wacko:

Guest Guest37175

kev

I'm intrigued about that one Kev. As a prospective returnee I miss the culture / way of life that I'm used to in the UK to but that's not to decry Australian culture - Dave Hughes not withstanding!. Maybe us returnees use the cultural issue to 'beat' Oz with whilst the stayers use grey skies, crime and immigration to 'beat' the UK with?. Can't say that I'm aware of any 'cultural strut' amongst the returnees on P.I.O. though, but you've been in Oz a lot longer than me.

As Rachel says, often people who are settled over here think those of us planning to return are barmy. I've certainly been on the receiving end of some of that. Mind you, I am depressed so there is some truth in that!

Personally I don't look down on people who love it here. Life is so short that if you can identify somewhere where you feel settled and connected and can build a life there then go for it. You're not gonna get too many other chances.

Guest Guest37175
I watched too many of those TV programmes and read too many books about people (who initally have a lot of money) moving abroad, mixing with the locals, drinking the local vino and finding paradise !! (Think of the books Year In Provence/Driving Over Lemons)

Moving to Australia has been the wrong decision for me. Yes I live in the sunshine, but we work harder, longer hours for the equivilant pay we had in the UK. We have less annual leave than the UK so not as much time off to explore this huge country as we had anticipated.

Medical bills always leave us out of pocket, very few Drs bulk bill their patients.

Sydney is too big and the roads a nightmare. I feel the education system is below the standard of the UK. My friend returned to UK last year and her 9 year old daughter was way behind her peers.

I miss the seasons in the UK, pubs, pasties, beautiful countryside, beautiful old buildings, character, history, BBC TV and Radio, affordable books, the sense of humour, a good long walk that doesn't involve carrying sunscreen, water, wearing a hat and swatting away the flies. Bonfire night, long summer evenings, the smell of an autumn bonfire, central heating, xmas, the pantomime, London theatre.

I am personally counting down the months until we can go home.

Blondie

My boss was incredulous to find out that I haven't left the Gold Coast since moving here in 2008 and so hadn't seen Sydney, Uluru, 12 Apostles etc. It was a bit hard to not say to her "Do you know you pay me over a third less than I was paid doing the same job in England where I had 6 weeks leave a year and not 4!"

My missus's friends all say "But he hasn't seen Australia!," and she comes back at them with "Yeah, he's going to go back to England to save up to see the rest!"

Guest guest30038
paranoia:wacko:

I don't need to do a search to prove it and unlike some, I wouldn't cry paranoia, just because a relative and truthful point has been made that the poster doesn't like the sound of. A defensive stance, personalised, (yet again) as opposed to a fair and balanced view.

I'm intrigued about that one Kev. As a prospective returnee I miss the culture / way of life that I'm used to in the UK to but that's not to decry Australian culture - Dave Hughes not withstanding!. Maybe us returnees use the cultural issue to 'beat' Oz with whilst the stayers use grey skies, crime and immigration to 'beat' the UK with?. Can't say that I'm aware of any 'cultural strut' amongst the returnees on P.I.O. though, but you've been in Oz a lot longer than me.

Honest readers will know that the culture issue has raised it's head many times and that folk who soak up the sun and wear thongs and singlets are likened to bogans........sometimes in jest and sometimes simply to score points. OTOH there are also many posters from both sides of the divide who are prepared to see both sides of a debate and who state their case for staying or returning, without a need to personalise either by inferring that they must be thick to not see the posters POV.

Returnees are no different than the stayers. They all have to justify to themselves as to why they take the course of action that they do. The trouble is, some, instead of simply doing that, seem to find a need to justify it to those in the opposing camp.

It's "live and let live" as far as I'm concerned. No-one has to justify their position to me nor me to them. Our experiences of Oz, and indeed the UK are subjective. Not only do we come from different locations within both countries, and therefore experience different pros and cons, our reaction to those pros and cons also has a major bearing.

If someone loves the, history and culture of the UK, that doesn't neccessarily infer that they are cultured and intelligent. Likewise, if someone loves the beach and the sun, that doesn't mean to say that they are un-cultured or unintelligent...........they perhaps have different priorities, that's all.

The biggest detraction of PIO (IMHO) is that many of it's membership choose to (it appears to me) to take a stance of defending themselves, as opposed to simply stating their experiences as being relevant to them. What they state as the pros and cons of both countries (for them) is rarely stated as "my experience" in "my location"........the impression is given to the reader (particularly vulnerable newbies) that their experience holds true throughout the whole country and should be expected to be experienced by all people. Both camps are guilty of this, but sadly, the debate is taken even further because some in those camps refuse to recognise it...........they constantly harp on about "fair and balanced view" when in reality, it is not, it is simply a poster trying to justify to self, and others, why they have chosen the course of action that they have.

As I have often stated, this is not the case for some posters, most are genuine in their reasons and accepting of other folk's reasons. The trouble is that the old adage holds as true on PIO as it is true in regards to retail sales.............a good sale rarely gets recognition whereas one customer complaint, particularly unjustified ones, will ring throughout the shop, because the complainant has to argue more convincingly, and often more loudly, in order to justify their complaint.

kev

Guest Guest37175
I don't need to do a search to prove it and unlike some, I wouldn't cry paranoia, just because a relative and truthful point has been made that the poster doesn't like the sound of. A defensive stance, personalised, (yet again) as opposed to a fair and balanced view.

Honest readers will know that the culture issue has raised it's head many times and that folk who soak up the sun and wear thongs and singlets are likened to bogans........sometimes in jest and sometimes simply to score points. OTOH there are also many posters from both sides of the divide who are prepared to see both sides of a debate and who state their case for staying or returning, without a need to personalise either by inferring that they must be thick to not see the posters POV.

Returnees are no different than the stayers. They all have to justify to themselves as to why they take the course of action that they do. The trouble is, some, instead of simply doing that, seem to find a need to justify it to those in the opposing camp.

It's "live and let live" as far as I'm concerned. No-one has to justify their position to me nor me to them. Our experiences of Oz, and indeed the UK are subjective. Not only do we come from different locations within both countries, and therefore experience different pros and cons, our reaction to those pros and cons also has a major bearing.

If someone loves the, history and culture of the UK, that doesn't neccessarily infer that they are cultured and intelligent. Likewise, if someone loves the beach and the sun, that doesn't mean to say that they are un-cultured or unintelligent...........they perhaps have different priorities, that's all.

The biggest detraction of PIO (IMHO) is that many of it's membership choose to (it appears to me) to take a stance of defending themselves, as opposed to simply stating their experiences as being relevant to them. What they state as the pros and cons of both countries (for them) is rarely stated as "my experience" in "my location"........the impression is given to the reader (particularly vulnerable newbies) that their experience holds true throughout the whole country and should be expected to be experienced by all people. Both camps are guilty of this, but sadly, the debate is taken even further because some in those camps refuse to recognise it...........they constantly harp on about "fair and balanced view" when in reality, it is not, it is simply a poster trying to justify to self, and others, why they have chosen the course of action that they have.

As I have often stated, this is not the case for some posters, most are genuine in their reasons and accepting of other folk's reasons. The trouble is that the old adage holds as true on PIO as it is true in regards to retail sales.............a good sale rarely gets recognition whereas one customer complaint, particularly unjustified ones, will ring throughout the shop, because the complainant has to argue more convincingly, and often more loudly, in order to justify their complaint.

kev

'

Very good point. This need to justify choices or defend choices about moving out here, staying or returning to the UK seems to trigger more arguements than anything else on P.I.O.

Maybe it's because the stakes are so high. People sink so much time, money and energy into making the move out here and battling to get established or into moving back and rebuilding a life in the UK. With what's at stake I think after a while you begin to obsess about whichever process you're living through which is why so many of us feel the need to offer justifications for our choices.

Guest Fuddymeers99

Thank you all for such honest posts. I have to say, I had done sooo much research and we did visit Perth a few years back. Initially we thought YES Perth would be for us. We'd have family there and a better lifestyle etc etc. However, since placing my post, I have had a real change of heart. My husband and I do not, afterall, feel Oz is for us. It's too hot for too many MONTHS of the year and the education system worries me. Culture and scenery too. I love green and lush. Your comments just re-inforced what I feared I would hate!

On a more postive note, we still want to emigrate - just not to Oz! NZ was always our first choice (went in 2003), but we worried about opportunties and education. However now we do feel this is ACTUALLY the place for us. We would still keep our house in the UK tho. We have many good friends there and have done lots of research.. haha.. I guess I need to put the same question to this thread on an NZ forum to get a balanced view.

Thank you all so much for the anwers to this post. I think its good for others thinking about moving to Oz to get a balanced viewpoint and go in with their eyes wide open. I think this is a very useful thread for people!!

Although, I don't think any of you should feel that it was a mistake. You gave it a jolly go go! If you didn't do it, you would have thought about all the "what ifs" !! Its a life experience. I think its good and brave that you did it. I would just urge people thinking of emigrating not to sell their homes (if they can) for a good few years as its nice to have something to fall back on!! It works out for many many people, it's like you say love it or hate it!!

Thanks again. Hope this thread helps people.

Guest sophi
I think for me it is the realisation that the grass is not always greener. Australia has the same problems as everywhere. Yes, it is a beautiful country with great opportunities and a nice lifestyle. For me, I miss friends and family immensely which hasn't got easier over the two years we have been here. I also miss England, the old buildings, the English countryside,

the pubs, the opportunity to travel to Europe, even the weather..............I feel like I am trapped here and after a while everywhere begins to look and feel the same. I thought it would be easy to return home for a visit every year, but the cost of flights and the time taken make this impossible. This is why we are returning to the UK, for us it is home.

I couldnt of put it better myself!!! I feel like im going to craic up as we have to stay till nearly the end of the year and we feel so traped. A feeling i wouldnt wish on anyone. Roll on the end of the year! I wish we could go today :arghh:

I couldnt of put it better myself!!! I feel like im going to craic up as we have to stay till nearly the end of the year and we feel so traped. A feeling i wouldnt wish on anyone. Roll on the end of the year! I wish we could go today :arghh:

Ah, hang in there Sophi - the end of the year is perfectly do-able. Get a calendar and a big red pen and cross off the days -you will see them magically disappearing! Treat this as a big holiday experience and make sure you see and do as much as you can in the interim. Also, book your flight dates as soon as you are able, just having the escape clause in place makes a huge difference! It's a sad thing to be wishing your life away but what the heck, once you get back to sanity will be the chance to savour every little thing!

• 1 month later...

I think a lot depends on where you settle in Australia. For a time we lived in Tasmania and I found it very 'closed' and couldn't wait to get back to Melbourne. I also felt similar in WA and would never be able to cope with the isolation there and that after just a few weeks! Often the most beautiful attractive looking places seem to be the most isolated and not just in geographical terms. The people are kind of different. I would never, ever, return to the UK because there were many things there which I didn't like and for me Australia was more 'home'.From the word ,'go' I have always had the feeling that you can do and be anything you want here, the sky's the limit- something I never felt in the UK. Australia has been good to our family which is now quite extensive. Funny thing is that a couple of my children went to live in London for a year or two and they HATED it ( I was quite shocked). You've all heard of Whingeing Poms - well they were more Whingeing Ozzies over there!

One of the biggest problems a lot of migrants encounter is the 2 Australian work references required before a company will employ a migrant.

Unfortunately I had this happen to me

I attended an interview for a job in my trade the interview was going fine until the end

When they asked for 2 Australian work references.

I have excellent work references for the last 20 years from the U.K.

As I was in no position to provide any Australian work references at the time I did not get the job.

I have since spoken to a number of migrants from other countries and they have encountered the same problem.

I have been reading and hearing about this 2 Australian work references or the must for Australian work experience which I find is pretty anal and illogical. In what ways is working in Australia very different from working in other countries?

By the way, can it be 2 work references from the same company in Australia or must it be 1 each from 2 different companies?

Guest guest30038
I have been reading and hearing about this 2 Australian work references or the must for Australian work experience which I find is pretty anal and illogical. In what ways is working in Australia very different from working in other countries?

By the way, can it be 2 work references from the same company in Australia or must it be 1 each from 2 different companies?

It's a load of bollox! The Op may have experienced it, but it's unheard of, judging from my experience and what others have told me.

kev

I would strongly advise ...if you have a good career, a comfortable life , enjoy Europe , the British countryside and humour stay in the UK . From what you have written it seems like you are of a similar elk to those of us who find Australia a little empty .

I have been here for just short of two years . It's been a battle from day one . Landing in Perth was OK , the scenery was OK , this OK turned to an 'O' after a while. I always justified staying here for the kids ...we do have them in a fab school , they are in lots of great clubs and seem very happy. They still want to go home though however, i know my kids and they get excited by change and adventure so would say that . I think that's it ... change and adventure ...Perth is isolated , arrid and i find being called a POM offensive . I find that some ozzies just plain rude and racists. And those of us who laugh it off ...it's just like a fat person laughing at a fat joke ...it hurts inside . I want to be somewhere where i don't have to be part of this.

One major concern for me in the end came down to breaking up the family . Living here the chances are my kids will eventually spilt , maybe all over Oz or Asia or back in the UK ...who knows but the chances this will happen in the UK are less , and yes i know they may still go but if they do go i want to be living somewhere which will enable me to do the things i enjoy in life , somewhere which gives me freedom and adventure.

One day i will be living on the west coast of France( who knows!) , looking forward to visits form my grandchildren but before then , there is still a lot of life left to live and a lot more adventures left to have and I’m 'up for every single one'. Bring on the next exciting chapter

:wub:

I too am in the same boat.

I had this dream in my head that Australia would be so much better than the UK, but for me, being as family orientated as I am, it's not!

I know we always think the grass in greener and all that, but I do actually miss the English countryside, the people, and food, the central heating, fires in winter, the list goes on...

The problem with me is, I have a great job here, and a man who loves me and loves Australia, but still after two years I cannot commit to staying here.

I know that I would not get a job as good as I have now back in the UK, but that doesn't seem to matter to me anymore.

For me, it's about being around family, and having that security and network.

Can anyone help me out withe my dilemma???

I think for me it is the realisation that the grass is not always greener. Australia has the same problems as everywhere. Yes, it is a beautiful country with great opportunities and a nice lifestyle. For me, I miss friends and family immensely which hasn't got easier over the two years we have been here. I also miss England, the old buildings, the English countryside,

the pubs, the opportunity to travel to Europe, even the weather..............I feel like I am trapped here and after a while everywhere begins to look and feel the same. I thought it would be easy to return home for a visit every year, but the cost of flights and the time taken make this impossible. This is why we are returning to the UK, for us it is home.

Guest rachellh
I too am in the same boat.

I had this dream in my head that Australia would be so much better than the UK, but for me, being as family orientated as I am, it's not!

I know we always think the grass in greener and all that, but I do actually miss the English countryside, the people, and food, the central heating, fires in winter, the list goes on...

The problem with me is, I have a great job here, and a man who loves me and loves Australia, but still after two years I cannot commit to staying here.

I know that I would not get a job as good as I have now back in the UK, but that doesn't seem to matter to me anymore.

For me, it's about being around family, and having that security and network.

Can anyone help me out withe my dilemma???

Can't really help with your dilemma as such, but it sounds like you already know where you'd rather be. Despite what many people think, realising that you're living in the wrong country isn't a great feeling at all. It's very upsetting and stressful, especially if you can't see a way out of your life as it is, or feel 100% sure of what you want to do.

Can't comment on the man front, as my husband would happily swim home tomorrow if he could, but regarding the job... we're in much the same boat. My husband has a fantastic job here with great career potential. He's earning way more money here than he'd get for the same role at home. But still that's not enough to keep us here. It took us coming all the way here to finally realise it's not the income, home or material stuff that will ever make us happy. It's being somewhere that feels like home.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for you..

We moved to qld 3 months ago- my husband is originally from here but has been in the uk for 20 years. We came here because we have lots of family here and none in the UK. The family aspect is great for us and our 3 young children but we can't really stand the rest. everything seems so isolated- there is no outdoor living as such as you see nobody out and about. I have made some lovey friends here and we live in a really pretty place but for us all the Aussies are interested in is sport, beer and barbies- there doesn't seem to be much else. They think that this is the best country on earth (something that I actually do admire- they can be proud of being Australian and shout it from the roof tops without fear of being called racist) just because the sunshines. Everywhere looks the same and takes ages to get to- for example if you want to live in a nice vilage setting you will be hours from everywhere else for commuting to work that's a nightmare. The birds squawk and the locals mainly use foul language in most situations. There is no choice or competition so prices are sky high and the education seems very lax-unless it's sport for which there are plenty of oportunities and that is great for some.Some people love it but if you have a great life in the UK there is certainly less here. My Aussie husband is desperate to go back to the uk-so we think we will stay til the end of the year to spend time here with family and head back in Jan. Luckilly we kept our equity in sterling and my husband has found work (executive I.T)here so we are able to return easily without losing too much (about £30k for shipping airfres start up costs etc) for the experience.

Holiday & Novelty but not for life

Good luck in whatever you decide- if you read all these posts and still want to come- good for you-it wouldn't have put me off either- you need maybe to see it for yourself.

Guest rayman1
We moved to qld 3 months ago- my husband is originally from here but has been in the uk for 20 years. We came here because we have lots of family here and none in the UK. The family aspect is great for us and our 3 young children but we can't really stand the rest. everything seems so isolated- there is no outdoor living as such as you see nobody out and about. I have made some lovey friends here and we live in a really pretty place but for us all the Aussies are interested in is sport, beer and barbies- there doesn't seem to be much else. They think that this is the best country on earth (something that I actually do admire- they can be proud of being Australian and shout it from the roof tops without fear of being called racist) just because the sunshines. Everywhere looks the same and takes ages to get to- for example if you want to live in a nice vilage setting you will be hours from everywhere else for commuting to work that's a nightmare. The birds squawk and the locals mainly use foul language in most situations. There is no choice or competition so prices are sky high and the education seems very lax-unless it's sport for which there are plenty of oportunities and that is great for some.Some people love it but if you have a great life in the UK there is certainly less here. My Aussie husband is desperate to go back to the uk-so we think we will stay til the end of the year to spend time here with family and head back in Jan. Luckilly we kept our equity in sterling and my husband has found work (executive I.T)here so we are able to return easily without losing too much (about £30k for shipping airfres start up costs etc) for the experience.

Holiday & Novelty but not for life

Good luck in whatever you decide- if you read all these posts and still want to come- good for you-it wouldn't have put me off either- you need maybe to see it for yourself.

Hi. Our thoughts exactly. We moved to Queensland for 5 months and it wasn't for me. Probably lost similar amount but back in UK now and much happier. Getting well established back in the swing of things and have done more in the 4 weeks we have been back than the 5 months we were there. One beach seems the same as all the rest to me. I will agree that I read loads of threads but didn't put us off. You have to experience it to know how good you have it in the UK. Good advice; if you are happy in the UK and have a good life, it will not be better over in Australia because it has sunshine!! Appreciate what you are really giving up.

I just thought this was funny so i would add it, now remember Scouse sense of humour!

I was talking to a very long time friend back home yesterday and i was saying even though i have been in Melbourne for 22 years i was thinking maybe time to go home. (Still not sure i might add). Anyway, i said this to my friend and i said "do you think i am crazy" she said no...........

your bloody simple! Just made me laugh at how honest they can be about what they think.

Guest bonka

At least here you know what they are calling you, they will call you a lot worse in France, but you wont know (lived 5 years in the Algarve so I know), be a proud Pom, they are only jealous of our great heritage.

Archived