Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Guest SkyeMove2Melb

We were asked to complete the form 80 and have a phone inteview with the CO next week. Fingers crossed we are at the end of this nightmareish process!!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nadjez

Hi all i handed in my application for spouse visa 820 visa in person at the perth office wa, on friday 28th May and was granted my visa on friday 4th june, one week later, we were on the prospective marriage visa going onto the partner 820 visa.

Good luck

Guest Nadjez

hey Vannessa, sorry to hear about ur troubles, but does all ur evidence count for 12 momnths? also have u any photos from when u were first seeing eachother, restaurant reciebts, cards to each toher, urm not sure if u were living apart, but if so any evidence of maintaining contact with each other, what about emails etc to eachother. i hope someone is able to give u more helpful advice soon : ) and good luck just think of anything no matter how big or small, just send it in.

Guest Venessa

Dear Nadjez,

I am very happy for you on your partner visa. Congratulations. I again submitted whatever evidence i had in hand like what you have described above. This time i gave a lot of evidence from photos, receipts, mobile bill, emails and etc. Heard from one of our friend who provided stat dec for us that she received a call from the CO to confirm a number of things that we have declared in our cover letter to the office. It seems that immigration officer said that he was swinging in the right direction and just wanted to confirm a few things before a decision. Our friend told us about a week ago. We have not heard anything from the Dept. Keeping our fingers crossed.

I put my application in, in person this time last week in Melbourne, with medicals and police checks, not heard a single word, which I prosume is normal but I never realised waiting would be as bad as it has been...the past week feels like a month

Guest jule255

I have put my application in in melbourne as well. on the 19 of april which is now 9 weeks ago. they said I would have a case officer within 6 weeks but I have not heard a thing either. too scared to ring so I'll just wait and see....but the waiting is so hard

I have put my application in in melbourne as well. on the 19 of april which is now 9 weeks ago. they said I would have a case officer within 6 weeks but I have not heard a thing either. too scared to ring so I'll just wait and see....but the waiting is so hard

did oyu put your app in with meds and police checks all done?

looks like i am in for a long wait then....I am in a job that the 6 months will be up in September so hope tohear by then cause I want to stay in it

Guest welshn

Hi all not been in here for a while as not had much news from the DIAC...until today. Basically I've finally been assigned a case officer and my visa will be granted within the next month. Here's a quick snapshot of the situation.

UK citizen living and working in OZ for 3 years and have been with Australian partner for 2 years, living together, all criteria met etc. Lodged a HUGE detailled document file at the DIAC in Sydney in Feb 2010, aussie partner was then 5 months pregnant with our child. All this and more was put into our case file, police checks all clear, medicals all clear, we did not miss anything! Baby has now been born and we are to send a birth certificate to the case officer to finalise the visa i guess.

It's been the longest, most stressful period as we've been waiting for something to happen. I've been here for all this time in a more than committed relationship and we were told that there has been a freeze on all in country and external spouse visa applications. maybe not for all offices but certainly for sydney.

We had a very helpful case officers assisstant who basically collected all our final documents and put is in the queue for assessment. It's still not been granted...but we've been assured that as it was lodged in feb it will be granted in the next 60 days and wont go over the 6 month mark.

Partner being australian and our new child was born in australia yet it's not speeded anything up. Obviously we wanted it to be sorted before the baby was born really...no real rush i guess but the with the amount of evidence we have provided it would of been hard to do once the child was born and we'd of kept putting it off. I wanted to ensure that it was all sorted so that my partner didnt have to worry about what my future was going to be in australia.

Good news is that once granted it will go straight to permanent and not temporary so the 2 year period is not going to be assessed now and once it's done...it's done for good.

Hope everyone else is keeping positive and patient.

Thanks

Guest Geo2001

The waiting is near unbearable!

I've been waiting 16 weeks now.

Lodged on 5th March with no contact to date from them . No case officer assigned either.

What to do...

Guest welshn
The waiting is near unbearable!

I've been waiting 16 weeks now.

Lodged on 5th March with no contact to date from them . No case officer assigned either.

What to do...

Seems like we're all in the same boat. I'm 20 weeks waiting now!!!

Guest Venessa

Hi Geo2001,

I submitted my partner visa application on 30 APR 2010. I heard from my case officer the following week on 7 May 2010 with his contact details and so on, requesting for more evidence from me. Following that, on 31 May 2010, i submitted further evidence. Since then, i have not heard from the CO but one of our friend who provided stat dec said CO called her one week after i have submitted my further evidence.

If i can say, in my opinion, by this time, at least you should have been assigned with a Case Officer. May be you should give them a call and find out. I think its ok to call them to know about your application which you have spent a big amount for.

Hope to hear good news from you.

I'll update once i hear from Immigration.

Cheers

Venessa

Guest kimbaroo

I'm putting in for my partner visa on shore hopefully in the next few days at southport. i'm currently on a tourist visa which runs out on 11th july do they jus give a bridging visa when you put in for your visa or will i have to fly NZ and back etc to keep extending my tourist visa? I dont rely understand the whole concept its so confussing!

Guest Venessa

Cool. You will be given bridging A visa on the same say you submit a valid application. Its good to submit in person. They will acknowledge ur application on the spot and give you a letter to say that you are on a bridging A visa to remain indefinitely in Australia until a decision is made.

Guest jule255

Hi everybody...I have written some threads here over the last few months and got some really good advice and support and I'm now happy to let everybody now that I got the letter of the grant of my partner visa today :)

We had put our application in on the 19 of april and have not heard a thing. we didn;t have heaps of financial evidence and were missing a few days of the 12 months as well as a 20 year age different we frontladed everything but I was still really worried hoping to get everything sorted before christmas. when i went to get the mail this morning there was a big parcel from immigration and I could see it was all our documents. i was too scared to open it so i ran in the shop next door to show my second half and he took it and opened it...smiled and said 'you got it' :) I was soooo happy and all the other people in the shop were congratulating us :)

i hope it helps some of you to read my story :) thank you for all the help and encouraging words in thelast weeks :)

Guest pepper pot

Hi guys, I was just wondering how many pages did you write in evidence of genuine relationship? I and my partner each wrote more than 4 pages and were told by a migration agent that it was too much? We dont have to go into details much? So, I was just wondering how many pages did you guys write?

Hi guys, I was just wondering how many pages did you write in evidence of genuine relationship? I and my partner each wrote more than 4 pages and were told by a migration agent that it was too much? We dont have to go into details much? So, I was just wondering how many pages did you guys write?

We wrote about 1.5 page each. However many others have written longer statements. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules so long as you've addressed all the published criteria. Good luck. :)

Hi everybody...I have written some threads here over the last few months and got some really good advice and support and I'm now happy to let everybody now that I got the letter of the grant of my partner visa today :)

Congrats!! :)

Guest Cimbom

My partner submitted his application today at the Melbourne office. Now for the few months wait. Hope we don't have to wait long!

Guest Venessa

I submitted my partner visa application on 30th April, still waiting patiently to hear an answer from the Immigration. I have been checking my emails and post mails everyday without fail :), hoping to hear a positive reply from them. Good luck to myself.

Guest Cimbom

I wonder what happens to applicants that fall a bit short of the 3 years evidence required for outright PR. We were one week short of two years evidence when we applied. I hope we only have to wait one year on the temp visa instead of two but I doubt it.

Guest Venessa

Hi everyone,

FINALLY....... i received a call from my Case Officer tdy morning, to say that i'll be receiving a letter from him shortly. I checked my email and i came to know the GOOD news that i have been granted partner visa. It was quite a long process with stress (in gathering the evidence) but can be done positively. Good luck to myself.

Thanks to everyone here who helped in every way they could.

Hi everyone,

FINALLY....... i received a call from my Case Officer tdy morning, to say that i'll be receiving a letter from him shortly. I checked my email and i came to know the GOOD news that i have been granted partner visa. It was quite a long process with stress (in gathering the evidence) but can be done positively.

Thank you so much.

Awesome! Congrats Venessa! May you and your partner share a wonderful life together for a long time to come. :)

Guest Venessa
Awesome! Congrats Venessa! May you and your partner share a wonderful life together for a long time to come. :)

Thank you so much Qflyer. I also wish you a blissful life ahead with your partner.

Archived