Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Guest nicola c

i got my visa, i got my visa:jiggy:

so my stats: applied for 820/801 on the 25/01/10 in melbourne. no contact, no request for further information. visa granted 01/04/10

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so my stats: applied for 820/801 on the 25/01/10 in melbourne. no contact, no request for further information. visa granted 01/04/10

Woooooo - congrats nicola!!!! :hug:

Guest siamsusie

You wont forget lst April in a hurry, massive congratulations Nicola, enjoy this vast land:wubclub: Susie

Guest skiingbadger

That's very good news Nicola. I have been into Casselden Place ground floor to put a change of address form in this week - the whole place is quite depressingly full of people who look like they have been waiting a long time. Hopefully the first thing I hear will be a letter from the postman soon.

Guest nicola c
That's very good news Nicola. I have been into Casselden Place ground floor to put a change of address form in this week - the whole place is quite depressingly full of people who look like they have been waiting a long time. Hopefully the first thing I hear will be a letter from the postman soon.

hope so, fingers crossed. maybe no news is good news

Guest welshn

Congratulations Nicola, for some reason I went really happy when I read the I GOT MY VISA, I GOT MY VISA. Ha ha. So happy for you and I cant wait to share the same feeling!!!

We lodged our 820 spouse visa in Sydney on 26th Feb, really organised file with everything in there apart from police checks. We had 2 letters within 5 days from a CO assistant just requesting for an Aussie Police Check and a UK Police Check. We have both documents now and are sending them in first thing on Tuesday, after the Easter Weekend.

I spoke to the assistant the other day and she said they dont need any more information.

So big fingers crossed for us everyone!!!!! Our case file took forever to compile and we didnt use an agent. It is a straightforward case. We have been de-facto for 2 years now and I am 7 months prgenant and we included all them docs too.

It would just be a huge weight of our shoulders if the spouse visa was granted before the baby got here. Ohhhhhhhhhhh the stress :)

I think it sounds positive? Will keep you guys updated :)

Guest nicola c
Congratulations Nicola, for some reason I went really happy when I read the I GOT MY VISA, I GOT MY VISA. Ha ha. So happy for you and I cant wait to share the same feeling!!!

We lodged our 820 spouse visa in Sydney on 26th Feb, really organised file with everything in there apart from police checks. We had 2 letters within 5 days from a CO assistant just requesting for an Aussie Police Check and a UK Police Check. We have both documents now and are sending them in first thing on Tuesday, after the Easter Weekend.

I spoke to the assistant the other day and she said they dont need any more information.

So big fingers crossed for us everyone!!!!! Our case file took forever to compile and we didnt use an agent. It is a straightforward case. We have been de-facto for 2 years now and I am 7 months prgenant and we included all them docs too.

It would just be a huge weight of our shoulders if the spouse visa was granted before the baby got here. Ohhhhhhhhhhh the stress :)

I think it sounds positive? Will keep you guys updated :)

i think it sounds really positive plus you'll probably get the permanent 801 as you are pregnant. hope you get it soon xxx:hug:

Guest welshn

Yeah thanks I'm Australian and my partner is English so I'm sure once the baby is born in June his visa will go to an 801. We're just looking into that now. Thanks

Guest Venessa

Hi there, i am applying for a partner visa soon. My partner is going through his divorce and not sure when that will be finalised. Our intention is to get married once he gets his divorce. I am staying on a tourist visa now. We have been living together for abt 14 months now. We are gathering the documentation now for submission to DIAC. Pls advise us what we need to be careful. We want to do it right since we are serious abt our relationship and also, we cant live apart. Your advise will be very useful. Many thanks in advance.

Guest welshn
Hi there, i am applying for a partner visa soon. My partner is going through his divorce and not sure when that will be finalised. Our intention is to get married once he gets his divorce. I am staying on a tourist visa now. We have been living together for abt 14 months now. We are gathering the documentation now for submission to DIAC. Pls advise us what we need to be careful. We want to do it right since we are serious abt our relationship and also, we cant live apart. Your advise will be very useful. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Venessa,

Are you currently in Australia? If so I will send you a private message outlining how we lodged ours :biggrin:

Guest chrisnnic

Hi everyone, my partner is Australian and we have been in Oz since january staying at her parents house. I'm on a working holiday visa which began in jan and we are looking to apply for a defacto visa at the end of the year. We met in england last year and while spent all our time in the last few months of last year at eachothers houses we werent officially living together. When it comes to the end of the year we should have the 12 months living together sorted depending on when we put the app in it could be 11months 3 weeks- is that a deal breaker straight away?

Also by living at her parents we dont have our names on uitility bills etc but are contributing to the house each week and can show that on our bank statements, would that be enough if aswell my partners parents wrote a letter saying how we had contributed? Thinking that in terms of the financial aspect of the evidence.

Also my real concern would be around a bridging visa- can I get a bridging visa when lodging a defacto visa app to enable me to stay in Oz past the start of jan when my working holiday visa expires?

Hope you can help me out with some of these questions, thanks!

Chrisnnic,

I would really suggest that you wait until you have the full 12 months as they are very strict about it - a week MAY not make a difference but if you get a bit of a jobsworth CO and get refused, you end up back to square one.

My understanding is that if you lodge a visa application while onshore you automatically get a bridging visa - but hopefully someone else can confirm.

I would suggest re your living circumstances that you get stat decs from your partner's parents to confirm your living arrangements and contributions to the household, and that you submit bank statements showing your "payments" into the household.

Please ask if you need anything else - you would probably find you get more responses to your own queries if you start your own thread.

Good luck!

Guest Venessa

Hi Welshn,

Thanks for your reply. Just saw the reply. I am new to this forum. Yes i am in Australia now. Hope you can advise me further. will be very helpful to us. Many thanks in advance.

CheersIt

Venessa

Guest mayday

Hi all, I've just been told by a migration lawyer that everyone has to fill in a form 80 for the 820 de facto visa. Has everyone completed one? and did your case officer ask for it?

(We applied for de facto visa 24/2.. still no word):confused:

Hi all, I've just been told by a migration lawyer that everyone has to fill in a form 80 for the 820 de facto visa. Has everyone completed one? and did your case officer ask for it?

(We applied for de facto visa 24/2.. still no word):confused:

Though most people are asked to complete Form 80, you technically don't "have" to complete one unless specifically requested to do so. I frontloaded mine anyway seeing that so many people get asked for it.

Guest Venessa

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me if i can reuse my medicals for partner visa which was initially done for my visa application subclass 676 in Aug 2009 since its not over one year yet?

Thanks

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me if i can reuse my medicals for partner visa which was initially done for my visa application subclass 676 in Aug 2009 since its not over one year yet?

Thanks

The medicals for a permanent visa, which an application for a Partner Visa leads to even if you get a temp visa initially, is very different to those of temporary visas. Did you do a blood test for your 676 medicals? If not - you most likely would need to get them done again.

Guest Venessa
The medicals for a permanent visa, which an application for a Partner Visa leads to even if you get a temp visa initially, is very different to those of temporary visas. Did you do a blood test for your 676 medicals? If not - you most likely would need to get them done again.

Thanks Qflyer.

I did not do any blood test. Only urine test, x-ray, eye check- up and doctor checks.

How do i confirm whether the current medicals i'm having is enough or not for the partner visa?

I'm a bit lost....

Another thing, i would like to check is the number of compulsory forms i should lodge?

1) Form 47SP

2) Form 40 SP

3) Form 888 (2 STATUTUARY DECLARATIONS)

4) Form 80 (Only came to know from this forum that this form need to be submitted, am i right?

5) Police checks (How do i do this?)

6) Medicals

*DID I MISS ANYTHING?

Many many thanks in advance

Venessa,

Because the medical requirements for temporary migration (which is the medical you did before) are different to the permanent requirements (which is what you need now for the 820 visa) I think you will probably need new medicals. At the very least, you will need to do the HIV blood test and a chest xray. Your case officer should write to you and tell you to do medicals, but you can do them in advance if you want.

Form 80 is an odd one - lots of people get asked to submit it but it is not actually compulsory. this means that some people do it anyway and submit with the app to save time in case their CO would have asked for it. I didn't do one, I decided I would just wait and see if I was asked, and I wasn't.

Police checks - you need a police check for any country that you've lived in for more than 12 months over the last 10 years. In Australia, you get it from the federal police for example. But the processes to get one will be different in each country.

Also, don't forget to enclose your "evidence of a genuine relationship"! Good luck!

Guest Venessa

Hi,

I am in my midst of doing police clearances for Australia and Singapore. They were the countries i was living in the last 10 years for more than 12 months. I have prepared my Australian National Police Checks and ready to be sent. But my police clearance for Singapore requires me to do fingerprint impressions taken by a qualified Fingerprint Officer at a local Police Station of the country i am currently residing and to be sent together with their application form. How do i get a fingerprint done? Never done this before in Australia. Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much.

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

I am in my midst of doing police clearances for Australia and Singapore. They were the countries i was living in the last 10 years for more than 12 months. I have prepared my Australian National Police Checks and ready to be sent. But my police clearance for Singapore requires me to do fingerprint impressions taken by a qualified Fingerprint Officer at a local Police Station of the country i am currently residing and to be sent together with their application form. I am in Adelaide now. How do i get a fingerprint done? Never done this before in Australia. Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much.

Hi Vanessa, have a peak at the Singapore website

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore hope this helps.... Susie:wubclub:

Guest Nadjez

interesting threadf, i am currently on prospectiverriage visa about to apply onshore for partner marriage visa on basis of marrigae 820. Hoping to send application to perth office i think we can do that also, the medical and police checks i had done for my prospective marrige visa are still valid(1 year) and stored on the syetem somewhere i presume and i do not have to redo them, is there a question somewhere on form that i tick i am sure there is have to have abnother look, cuz i dont have the medical or police checks as they took them for the other application, so how does that work from the london office to ozzie one ahhrrr.

Guest Venessa

Thanks Siam Susie, that was useful

Singapore Poice Clearance Certificates require fingerprint impressions. Yesterday, i went to the nearest police station to get my fingerprints done. I called them before going to make sure they have the service available there. Not all police stations have fingerprint services. It was very expensive. I paid AUD$104. Just for info if anyone from Singapore has to face the same thing like me.

Archived