Fuel Price's

nik_kershaw

I know some of you reading this are back in the UK and the price of fuel is huge, and you'll probably say stop whinging, however here goes:

In Australia, fuel prices change daily being more expencive at the weekend, and cheaper on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Today I went to buy some fuel for my bike. The pump was showing $1.43 (I buy Caltex Vortex for my bike), so I went in and payed for my fuel. On my return to my bike I hear a tapping noise, I turn around to see the bloke changing the price on the big billbord. I turned around and I saw that the price for the fuel I had full my bike up 3 muns before hand was now £1.28. Talk about being done over, I feel well jooped! I'm sure I am not alone, I'm just glad I wasn't filling up the car!

Guest The Pom Queen

Unfortunately I filled up today and as I had no choice ended up at BP which was $1.32 gulp.

Hope it drops again pretty soon.

People think we have cheap fuel but when you look at the km's we travel over a year it is expensive

Actually something that has happened over the last few years is that the gap between UK prices and Australian prices has decreased dramatically. Year ago the UK price was in excess of double the price here, today given the price you quoted here of $1.42 the equivalent in the UK was $1.90. So are we being ripped off more or are they being ripped off less :laugh:

Also in the UK they don't seem to have these 'normal weekly cycles' so the price on Monday is the same as Wednesday and Friday and Sunday.

I know some of you reading this are back in the UK and the price of fuel is huge, and you'll probably say stop whinging, however here goes:

In Australia, fuel prices change daily being more expencive at the weekend, and cheaper on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Today I went to buy some fuel for my bike. The pump was showing $1.43 (I buy Caltex Vortex for my bike), so I went in and payed for my fuel. On my return to my bike I hear a tapping noise, I turn around to see the bloke changing the price on the big billbord. I turned around and I saw that the price for the fuel I had full my bike up 3 muns before hand was now £1.28. Talk about being done over, I feel well jooped! I'm sure I am not alone, I'm just glad I wasn't filling up the car!

Actually something that has happened over the last few years is that the gap between UK prices and Australian prices has decreased dramatically. Year ago the UK price was in excess of double the price here, today given the price you quoted here of $1.42 the equivalent in the UK was $1.90. So are we being ripped off more or are they being ripped off less :laugh:

Also in the UK they don't seem to have these 'normal weekly cycles' so the price on Monday is the same as Wednesday and Friday and Sunday.

hmmmm well i just checked online and optimax where i used to live in aylsham, norfolk uk is 1 pound 19 pence and today at the shell in nambour queensland i paid $1.30

at todays exchange rate the uk prices equals $2 per litre!!!!

:biglaugh:AAwww i know i shouldnt laff,but im just picturing your face when you seen that!

If its any consolation thats EXACTLY the kind of thing that happens to me,IE i bought an imported 4by4 a few yrs back,allways dearer than equivalent year car prices,when i bought!

Then the gvnmt slaughtered them for road tax,deisel went right up,now their worth about two bob on resale,so your not alone:wink:

Of course it varies all over the country, I was merely using the price quoted by the poster and the price online.

hmmmm well i just checked online and optimax where i used to live in aylsham, norfolk uk is 1 pound 19 pence and today at the shell in nambour queensland i paid $1.30

at todays exchange rate the uk prices equals $2 per litre!!!!

I paid $1.13 per litre the other day when I filled up! It goes up adn down on different days of the week too!

I live in Canberra to, so it's always more expensive here than in Sydney. I guess they think all the public servents get paid more, but I'm not a public servent so I get screwed over. If I used my woolworths card and got the E10 unleaded then it would have cost $1.12 after I had filled up, absolute joke, and so I sent Caltex an email saying what I thought of it all!

Last year (Aug) we went on a 4 hour trip from Brisbane to the Bunya mountains. At the time the unleaded E10 was $1.22 in Brisbane. When we got to a small town at the end of a gravel road, not far from where we were stopping, it was $1.09. How does that one work? The cities are a rip off.

Yesterday (Friday) Caltex was $1.33 and today it's $1.16. The same happened last week. Stupid me thought it would be even cheaper on Tuesday. It went up to $1.21!!

• 1 month later...
Guest jojaks

Just for comparisons sake , the cost of diesel has just hit £1.20 per litre (Sheffeild UK) That is at todays rate , AU$ 1.97 per litre,

Just for comparisons sake , the cost of diesel has just hit £1.20 per litre (Sheffeild UK) That is at todays rate , AU$ 1.97 per litre,

But you all forget you WILL travel a lot more , i used to travel 4 miles to corus here its 62 kms on my motorbike oh is the same less than a mile in rotherham her 40 kms , even in your oleisure you use the car a lot and for shopping and things $1.24 unleaded today wait for the weekend holiday they will bang it up big style ,thats one thing they dont do in the uk

Guest jojaks

A very fair and valid point !!! , I supose like all things its swings and round abouts . And im not at all JEALOUS !! that you get to ride your bike to work and back everyday as i sit here watching the rain bounce off the floor !

Archived