Wanted Down Under Revisited 2010

Metoo

Hi Sarah,

We watched your revisited program this morning and would just like to congratulate you and your family. I remember you all from the original program and was pleased to see you are all settled and enjoying your new life. Well done on you for starting up your new business in relocation.... Very interesting that your experiences can be passed on to make the transition much easier for future families like ourselves. Thankyou!

Melanie x

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shawgorbys

hi guys i remember them on the first show i really enjoyed the show today friday with donavon &his lovly family they are the kind of peeps that everyone wud want as freinds well i wud if i was gong to brissy but im hoping to go to perth so good luck your doing agreat job take care love Andrea&family xx

Guest scotty j

What a good show was nice to see how you have settled so well and are living the dream, cannot believe garys luck, a bite to the toe and a shark scare and he seemed to take it all in good spirits.

Was good viewing and showed what can be achieved with the right "attitude" and your family seem to have heaps of it.

Me and the missus loved the house and may well take you up on a previous offer of a brew, and a dip in the pool if we ever get over there, the house and pool where lovely, could not believe the size of your garden, may have to try and twist your arm to sell it if we get over there, :wink:

Guest covchef
LOL..glad it wasn't just me than that noticed..and im female..could be the jealousy coming out in me...lol if it is the water..bottle some you could make millions:biglaugh:

Clare x

Can anyone tell me ift he jones from 2003 programe wanted down under are still in pacific pines as am moving out there in october and would be nice to see how thety got on my couisn also lives in thjat area

Thanks Sean:cool::cool:

Guest covchef

i could see if it could be taken from a file sharing site then recorded and then sent out to you or have you searched on the internet to see its obtainable that way

What a good show was nice to see how you have settled so well and are living the dream, cannot believe garys luck, a bite to the toe and a shark scare and he seemed to take it all in good spirits.

Was good viewing and showed what can be achieved with the right "attitude" and your family seem to have heaps of it.

Me and the missus loved the house and may well take you up on a previous offer of a brew, and a dip in the pool if we ever get over there, the house and pool where lovely, could not believe the size of your garden, may have to try and twist your arm to sell it if we get over there, :wink:

Hi guys , the brew and swim offer still stands,,lol

No arm twisting needed about the house, we have decided its time for a move so will be putting it on the market in the next few months,,, watch this space,lol

Cal x

Hi Cal'n'Gary and the Donovans,

LOVED the shows what nice families you both are, really down to earth, both of your kids are fab and so well behaved a real credit to you!

For those of us just starting out (if the new reglations don't prevent us from ever applying!!!!), it's lovely to see others who've made the move and made it work, despite coping with homesickness etc and without your support network of family and friends. I think it's great that you've both developed business' to help ex pats making the move to Oz, sharing your knowledge and experience.

It's wonderful to see it all working out so well for both of you.

Well done guys! You gave me a lift on an otherwise dark day!

Sarah, we visited The Gold Coast on holiday 2 years ago and I picked Pac Pines as the place I'd like to move to when and if we ever get there!!! It's a gorgeous place and your boys seemed to love it!

clan mac x

Guest donovan

LOVED the shows what nice families you both are, really down to earth, both of your kids are fab and so well behaved a real credit to you!

For those of us just starting out (if the new reglations don't prevent us from ever applying!!!!), it's lovely to see others who've made the move and made it work, despite coping with homesickness etc and without your support network of family and friends. I think it's great that you've both developed business' to help ex pats making the move to Oz, sharing your knowledge and experience.

Sarah, we visited The Gold Coast on holiday 2 years ago and I picked Pac Pines as the place I'd like to move to when and if we ever get there!!! It's a gorgeous place and your boys seemed to love it!

clan mac x

thanks for your lovely kind words, and when your over this way make sure you look us up xxxxx

Sarah x

clan mac x

Thanks Clan

As for the kids, you would see a different side if you spent a day or two with them ,lol

Cal x

Guest Benchola
Todays show wed 10 feb, what a complete waste of an hour

I didn't last past the 40 minute mark unfortunately. Watching paint was more interesting.

Guest garynhelen

Hi Callie and Gary,

Watched it twice now! LOL

Trouble is when you watch a programme too many times (like I did with ours!!) you pick up on stuff more. I laugh every time you say ' Oh no, It's going in my shoe, get it off, it's not funny any more!' LOL

I hope you've not had too many encounters with unwelcome critters!!

XX Helen

I agree, also, it didn't give a very good impression of Melbourne !!

Lynne x

I think that this show out of all of them did the greatest disservice to the family concerned, stuck them in the centre of Melbourne with the knowledge that their very small budget would get them nothing at all, the houses were horrible, it put me off and I am Australian! although from Sydney (a much better place :wink:)

And not to criticise the family, I thought it was becoming a documentary on blindness.

Guest scotty j

Wasnt the greatest of shows today, sort of guessed early on they were not going to make the move, felt quite sorry for the bloke though, would hate to lose my sight, in hindsight i think staying in England was probably the better option for them, imo.

Guest scubabud

I agree about todays show but why would we want to see a show about people who stay here when we're all deperate to go there???????

didnt like melbourne at all just by that programme. i know a couple came back to uk for couple of years to look after her ill mum. returned to melbourne oct to find prices so high they could not afford to stay there and had to take a pay cut. returned last week. seems melbourne quite expensive. those houses could have been in an inner uk city by the looks. at least they knew it was not for them before huge upheaval, plus eyesight probs was xtra strain

Archived