Wanted Down Under Revisited 2010

Metoo

Hi guys , the brew and swim offer still stands,,lol

No arm twisting needed about the house, we have decided its time for a move so will be putting it on the market in the next few months,,, watch this space,lol

Cal x

I bet not for any where near £ 130,000 more like £300-400,000 if not more

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I laugh every time you say ' Oh no, It's going in my shoe, get it off, it's not funny any more!' LOL

I hope you've not had too many encounters with unwelcome critters!!

XX Helen

I absolutely wet myself laughing when i watch that,,now,,, of course at the time the crew had wound me up so much knowing bugs were my weak spot that i threw a huge hissy fit,,lol,, they only showed a bit of it,,if i ever get technical enough i will upload the unedited version and show you,,lol. If you watch it again ,check out how many layers i had on!! lol, Nothing was falling down my back/neck.

I also take the pee out of Gary for the amount of times he says ''nice''in the first show,,lol, whats that all about ??? he never uses that word so why the hell he said it about 50 times over 3 days beats me!!

Not forgetting the stupid floppy hat he borrowed from the house we were staying in,,lmao.

Cal x

I bet not for any where near £ 130,000 more like £300-400,000 if not more

I think we paid about that 3 years ago Kirk, and that was 2 acres with a crappy 3 bed house, no shed, no pool, no grass, no anything really except a blooming good exchange rate.

We will probably have it on the market around the $525,000 mark.

Cal x

Guest garynhelen
I absolutely wet myself laughing when i watch that,,now,,, of course at the time the crew had wound me up so much knowing bugs were my weak spot that i threw a huge hissy fit,,lol,, they only showed a bit of it,,if i ever get technical enough i will upload the unedited version and show you,,lol. If you watch it again ,check out how many layers i had on!! lol, Nothing was falling down my back/neck.

I also take the pee out of Gary for the amount of times he says ''nice''in the first show,,lol, whats that all about ??? he never uses that word so why the hell he said it about 50 times over 3 days beats me!!

Not forgetting the stupid floppy hat he borrowed from the house we were staying in,,lmao.

Cal x

Did you manage to get your hands on the original unedited footage? I'd love to get that for ours. There was so much stuff they had to leave out.

I found your show one of the most entertaining, first and revisited. The bit where they have you walking for an hour to find a park! Did you really do that with film crew trailing on behind??

I couldn't believe how many times I said 'amazing' and 'spacious' lol!! You got to laugh at yourself though haven't you?:biglaugh:

Helen xx

Too right,, you have to enjoy it and if you can't look back and laugh then theres something wrong,,lol

The original disc we got was their first attempt at putting everything together,, bearing in mind it was the pilot for WDU so we had it a little different to everyone else.

If you knew me personally you would know the farest i walk is down the drive to the car!!! lol,, we did walk a little bit and that hill was really really steep,,lol

Cal x

Guest garynhelen

Ah, forgot you were on the pilot. That probably makes a difference. I might still ask Will if he can let a bit of the footage go. It really helps to keep moral up while waiting for that elusive visa!

We're seriously considering looking for employer sponsorship in a remote area, as we'd rather spend the next 2-3 years there than here. At least it'd be an experience! (If we don't die of loneliness first!!)

I am in no way up to date on the visa process,lol, i find it all way to baffling. One thing i noticed with a family who came to QLD on a regional postcode visa was lots of the places around the Brisbane end were not that remote at all, lots of the smaller towns that are just taking off population wise where on there. Well worth a look if you qualify and its quicker,lol

Cal x

I have just caught up with the 10th Feb WDUR, with Sam, Jay (The man losing his sight) and their daughter Georgia. I found it rather uplifting actually, as it showed a family who really had to think about accessibility and work in perhaps a different way from most 'hopefuls'. I didn't envy them one bit, and seeing their home in UK I'm not surprised they decided to stay here. Interesting. though to find they haven't ruled out a move completely, and are still researching Australia. I wish them well. And Helen, you won't 'die of loneliness' in the back of beyond - Mum and Dad will descend!!

Guest siamsusie
Ah, forgot you were on the pilot. That probably makes a difference. I might still ask Will if he can let a bit of the footage go. It really helps to keep moral up while waiting for that elusive visa!

We're seriously considering looking for employer sponsorship in a remote area, as we'd rather spend the next 2-3 years there than here. At least it'd be an experience! (If we don't die of loneliness first!!)

Remote doesnt necessarily mean "lonely". It gives you a true feel of the real Australia. I am just completing a total of 4 years of "remote"... its been en enriching experience and one I wouldnt have swopped. I sincerely hope you are given the chance to come here soon best wishes Susie:wubclub:

Guest garynhelen
Remote doesnt necessarily mean "lonely". It gives you a true feel of the real Australia. I am just completing a total of 4 years of "remote"... its been en enriching experience and one I wouldnt have swopped. I sincerely hope you are given the chance to come here soon best wishes Susie:wubclub:

Thank you Susie,

It's good to hear something positive about 'remote' areas for a change. I do believe we as a family would get a lot from experiencing the real Australia. We are a close family and my kids who have been home-schooled are well used to finding their own entertainment and maintain long distance friendships. We'll just have to see if there are any 'Ward' shaped holes out there!

Helen x

Guest siamsusie
Thank you Susie,

It's good to hear something positive about 'remote' areas for a change. I do believe we as a family would get a lot from experiencing the real Australia. We are a close family and my kids who have been home-schooled are well used to finding their own entertainment and maintain long distance friendships. We'll just have to see if there are any 'Ward' shaped holes out there!

Helen x

You are welcome Helen. If you are the "hands on" type of girl who doesnt yearn for the materialsitic side of life, you and the children will do well. My husband as a single parent brought up two boys , one is now a Dr and the other a chemical engineer, educated in state schools in remote Karratha. You learn to improvise when the shops run out, unfortunately with the advent of FIFO (fly in fly out) the shops run bare on a frequent basis... but there is always flour on the shelves to make bread:biggrin:... you can wait 8 weeks for a hair appointment if hair dressers/barbers are in short supply... not the end of the world. What is and has been of value to me is living amongst the indiginous people, learning and educating myself in their culture, art etc . meeting the most amazing people and having access to the most amazing scenery in the kimberlies, pilbara etc. If this , be it Alice Springs, Darwin, Karratha etc were the only way to come into the country I am sure you will be enriched for your experience.

So many good wishes on your journey Susie x

Archived