Guest guest36187

Thanks Linday.

yeah, it's a good idea to go on a long visit.

How many years you had to wait before you joined your daughter?

Thanks again for replying.

Have a great day.

Cheers

Our daughter had been in Australia about 3 years, but that was more to do with the fact that we were tied up with other responsibilities. We had first applied for the 103 to get in the queue and then switched to the 143 later as we decided to move to Oz earlier than intended.

Hi Nickky, for your son to sponsor you he will need to show earnings of approx $40,000 in one complete tax year and proof that he will do the same in the current tax year, this may or may not have a bearing on how soon he can sponsor you.

We waited 15 months before we applied with our son sponsoring us, he had by then bought a house, cars, dog, furniture and what clinched it a BBQ. :laugh:

I think it might be the person who puts up the AOS who has to have this level of earnings isn't it? The Assurer doesn't necessairly have to be the same as the sponsor, but can be anyone who is an Australian permanent resident or citizen. My daughter sponsored us, but my brother is putting up the AOS. I do know people who have got friends to do it for their parents.

Guest Nickky
Hi Nickky, for your son to sponsor you he will need to show earnings of approx $40,000 in one complete tax year and proof that he will do the same in the current tax year, this may or may not have a bearing on how soon he can sponsor you.

We waited 15 months before we applied with our son sponsoring us, he had by then bought a house, cars, dog, furniture and what clinched it a BBQ. :laugh:

Thanks Les Avalook,

Our son has been filing tax returns earning over $40,000 since last year.

He has been recently promoted to a higher level & so he can sponsor us.

From what I read 12 to 15 months sounds reasonable period to wait before we apply.

Where was the picture taken - Aiyers Rock?

Thanks again for replying

Cheers

Thanks Les Avalook,

Our son has been filing tax returns earning over $40,000 since last year.

He has been recently promoted to a higher level & so he can sponsor us.

From what I read 12 to 15 months sounds reasonable period to wait before we apply.

Where was the picture taken - Aiyers Rock?

Thanks again for replying

Cheers

The picture was taken on Frazer Island in 'winter' August 2008, about 10 years after we had taken our 2 sons on their first trip to Oz. Our eldest son (then 14) at the time said that driving the trucks on Frazer Island would be his dream job.

Well he did the working/living in Oz bit and he could fix the trucks if he needed to. :biggrin:

We applied in early September 2009 when there was a lot of talk on here (this forum) of what the settled time meant.

We applied ourselves and while out in Oz in August 2009 collected receipt copies of everything our son and d-i-l had bought in Oz since they had moved there in end of May 2008.

We got letters from their Australian friends saying how they had adopted the Oz life style, wedding invitations, letters from employers etc, they both wrote how they would feel even more settle if they had the support of family members (us).

All of this evidence was sent with our application which after the long 15 month wait was accepted by our CO.

Personally I would apply as soon as possible if you feel you can manage with the current exchange rate. Good Luck.

Les.

Guest Nickky
The picture was taken on Frazer Island in 'winter' August 2008, about 10 years after we had taken our 2 sons on their first trip to Oz. Our eldest son (then 14) at the time said that driving the trucks on Frazer Island would be his dream job.

Well he did the working/living in Oz bit and he could fix the trucks if he needed to. :biggrin:

We applied in early September 2009 when there was a lot of talk on here (this forum) of what the settled time meant.

We applied ourselves and while out in Oz in August 2009 collected receipt copies of everything our son and d-i-l had bought in Oz since they had moved there in end of May 2008.

We got letters from their Australian friends saying how they had adopted the Oz life style, wedding invitations, letters from employers etc, they both wrote how they would feel even more settle if they had the support of family members (us).

All of this evidence was sent with our application which after the long 15 month wait was accepted by our CO.

Personally I would apply as soon as possible if you feel you can manage with the current exchange rate. Good Luck.

Les.

Thanks Les,

You give us lot of hope but as you say the current exchange rate is a major hurdle.

Let's see , things bound to improve in our favour.

We have heard about Frazer island ..definitely in our list during the december visit.

Cheers

Guest Nickky
I think it might be the person who puts up the AOS who has to have this level of earnings isn't it? The Assurer doesn't necessairly have to be the same as the sponsor, but can be anyone who is an Australian permanent resident or citizen. My daughter sponsored us, but my brother is putting up the AOS. I do know people who have got friends to do it for their parents.

Yes, the person who gives AoS has to have this level of earning.

Assurer need not be the sponsor. You are right on both the counts.

Our son would be both Assurer and sponsor in our case.

Regards,

Guest Nickky
Just to add to this our daughter & SIL had only had their PR for 8 months when they sponsored us for the CPV143 and only live in a 'rental' as they couldnt sell their house in the UK before they left so it would seem you don't HAVE to have your own property to be a sponsor although I did buy them the required BBQ for their first Xmas presant in OZ :laugh:so this proberbly helped :wink:

Phoebe

Hi, Phoebe,

Gives us immense hope . Thanks a lot .

You have also given us an idea for this year Xmas present. :):)

Cheers

Just to add to this our daughter & SIL had only had their PR for 8 months when they sponsored us for the CPV143 and only live in a 'rental' as they couldnt sell their house in the UK before they left so it would seem you don't HAVE to have your own property to be a sponsor although I did buy them the required BBQ for their first Xmas presant in OZ :laugh:so this proberbly helped :wink:

Phoebe

have you got your co or visa yet?? only then will you know if 8 months is long enough.

hope so .

cheers mike.

have you got your co or visa yet?? only then will you know if 8 months is long enough.

hope so .

cheers mike.

Good point Mike, maybe if we all posted how many months was used below 24 that led to a successful visa application we could have a clearer idea what is getting through.

:idea: If anyone has been turned down because of early application maybe they could post some details.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,had medicals this week and because I am diabetic the Doc said this would probably be reffered,has anyone on here had any experience of this,ie what is required to be done etc, etc, as far as I am concerned the diabetes is controlled by meds and there is not a problem any thoughts would be most welcome.

cheers.

Hi, hard to believe that no one on here has an opinion or any experience of this problem either first hand or anetdotaly,or am just a synic ??.

cheers mike.:err:

Good point Mike, maybe if we all posted how many months was used below 24 that led to a successful visa application we could have a clearer idea what is getting through.

:idea: If anyone has been turned down because of early application maybe they could post some details.

My son has only just got his PR and i have just lodged my application, he has lived in OZ for 10yrs. My agent was satisfied he ticked all the boxes needed to prove he is settled, he has his own business, just got married, owns his own house, owns a car, etc... I did have an application refused in 2005 as my son did not have his PR, i used an agent and was dissapointed at the time as i thought they should have known it would have been rejected. I will keep you informed on my progress.

hope so .

cheers mike.

To be truthful Mike I just assumed it was because we got an acknowledgement :eek: surely the place in Perth where you send your application AND FEE should tell you if your sponsor has not been a PR for long enough :swoon: dam good point because if it's not then they are literally 'ripping' you off taking your money:shocked:

Phoebe

To be truthful Mike I just assumed it was because we got an acknowledgement :eek: surely the place in Perth where you send your application AND FEE should tell you if your sponsor has not been a PR for long enough :swoon: dam good point because if it's not then they are literally 'ripping' you off taking your money:shocked:

Phoebe

I dont think that the applications are actually read,or considered before a CO is asigned to the case they just bank the cash and file the application for future ref when the time comes.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,had medicals this week and because I am diabetic the Doc said this would probably be reffered,has anyone on here had any experience of this,ie what is required to be done etc, etc, as far as I am concerned the diabetes is controlled by meds and there is not a problem any thoughts would be most welcome.

cheers.

HI Mikemavis

Tried to post this but had all sorts of problems logging in and replying......

Hi Mikemavis

We had medicals 11th may and have still not got a resolution yet. My OH had a brain haemorrhage in 1999. Now this is nothing too serious now but our doctor told us that he needed more info from our GP to back up what he would be sending to Sidney. He hoped it would be enough but it was not.

We were e mailed to request more info on basically how well she could cope independently. This has just been sent back. We do not see a problem as have been informed that they are really looking for health problems that may prevent an Australian citizen from accessing treatment because it is being used by others. I think you need to look long term and if the answer is little or no change then no problem.

We were told that it would not be a problem when we enquired before embarking on this journey. As Alan Colett has advised, the advise given by the immi office is not always as good as we would hope.

Best of luck and don’t worry too much at the moment.

Phoebe

The CO is the one that will tell you if your sponsor is settled, that is why Alan Collett is warning against putting in the application to early as you will have made your first payment.

Unless you use an agent each of us decides when we apply so Perth is not really 'ripping' us off if the application is put in to early. :wubclub:

The CO is the one that will tell you if your sponsor is settled, that is why Alan Collett is warning against putting in the application to early as you will have made your first payment.

Unless you use an agent each of us decides when we apply so Perth is not really 'ripping' us off if the application is put in to early. :wubclub:

But it dosen't make it very clear :wideeyed: all it says on the website is:-

You must be the parent of a child who is settled in Australia and is one of the following:

• an Australian citizen

• an Australian permanent resident

• an eligible New Zealand citizen.

It dosen't give the length of time they have to be a PR just that they have to be :chatterbox:

Phoebe

Hi, hard to believe that no one on here has an opinion or any experience of this problem either first hand or anetdotaly,or am just a synic ??.

cheers mike.:err:

Hi Mike & Mavis

Sorry, I meant to have responded before, not that I can of much help, but I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes long before I went for my medical but everything was fine. I wasn't referred, it just went straight through. So, I don't know whether this is relevant to you or not. Just to add to our joy, when we went for our driving licence medicals my husband was found to have sugar in his urine and a blood test showed high levels of glucose. He's now taking Meformin and is well controlled so all is well there. Anyone who is taking medication for hypertension or diabetes is required to have a medical here before a driving licence can be issued. It was quite a detailed medical, similar to our visa medical. We both passed just fine and opted for a 5 year licence. Anyone doing similar here in WA do get your Senior's Card first as it gives a hefty discount off the fee.

Regards

Cath

But it dosen't make it very clear :wideeyed: all it says on the website is:-

You must be the parent of a child who is settled in Australia and is one of the following:

• an Australian citizen

• an Australian permanent resident

• an eligible New Zealand citizen.

It dosen't give the length of time they have to be a PR just that they have to be :chatterbox:

Phoebe

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/143/

About this Visa

This visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently, to join their children who are living in Australia.

This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child, or another eligible sponsor, in Australia.

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for you if you are a parent of a child or stepchild who, at the time the visa application is lodged, is 'settled' and either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. This means your child must have been lawfully resident in Australia for a reasonable period, normally two years, although a shorter period can be considered for Australian citizen children if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances. :wubclub:

Hi Mike & Mavis

Sorry, I meant to have responded before, not that I can of much help, but I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes long before I went for my medical but everything was fine. I wasn't referred, it just went straight through. So, I don't know whether this is relevant to you or not. Just to add to our joy, when we went for our driving licence medicals my husband was found to have sugar in his urine and a blood test showed high levels of glucose. He's now taking Meformin and is well controlled so all is well there. Anyone who is taking medication for hypertension or diabetes is required to have a medical here before a driving licence can be issued. It was quite a detailed medical, similar to our visa medical. We both passed just fine and opted for a 5 year licence. Anyone doing similar here in WA do get your Senior's Card first as it gives a hefty discount off the fee.

Regards

Cath

Thanks for the reply I never even considered driving licence,I think it is just the additional messing about that :jiggy:is getting to us,both our sons in OZ are doctors and they cant see a problem,they have both promised to keep me breathing until they find where the money is hidden .

cheers Mike.

About this Visa

This visa allows parents to migrate to Australia permanently, to join their children who are living in Australia.

This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child, or another eligible sponsor, in Australia.

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for you if you are a parent of a child or stepchild who, at the time the visa application is lodged, is 'settled' and either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. This means your child must have been lawfully resident in Australia for a reasonable period, normally two years, although a shorter period can be considered for Australian citizen children if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances. :wubclub:

Our youngest son who is sponsoring us had had PR for only 6 months when we submitted our application,we took the view that by the time anyone looked at the file he would nave about 2years,

However the file was picked up after only 7 months making it just 12 months he had had PR,he had been working as a doctor for the Queensland government for 5years before this and I do not know if this makes a difference.??

cheers Mike.

All our docs apart from the aussie police checks have now been received in perth...spoke to our co today and he said as soon as he gets the inal police check and we pay he will email us straight back with our visa...so fingers crossed we will have our visa for when we fly out on the 15 th august...spoke to singapore airlines and they said if we have our visa we will have double baggage allowance...so hopefully this will all go smoothly from now on...its been a long stressful journey ..but the end is in sight and our new beginnings are in sight too...very exciting times ahead

About this Visa

I did read this but took it to mean they had to have been in Oz and working for 2 years which they had (just over actually) then they applied for the PR which they got, that is only granted if they are 'settled' so they had been in Oz over 3 years 8 months of which was as PR so I thought it was ok to apply. We'll just have to wait and see........:swoon:

Phoebe

After a diabolical week (won't go into details) we had an offer on our house this morning. I was beginning to think it would take ages and that we'd need to drop the price once again but the young couple who viewed last night loved it and they have a first time buyer for their property.

Still a way to go but looks like we are another step closer to our dream and the panic (sorry, fun) begins in earnest!