Guest guest36187

Have just today got back from holiday to find an e-mail telling us we have a case officer and asking for medicals etc,etc, within 28days from the 5th of May,this was just 7 months after our acknowledged application so has come totally out of the blue we will have to ask for an extention of time (are these usually granted) because with so few panel doctors we are probably going to have to wait for an appointment.7months I still cant believe it.

Cheers.

Mike.

Welcome to record breakers. :wink:

It shows how much the rise in the $ is effecting CPVs, well done for being so quick even though I guess more of a shock at the moment.

On past posts it would appear you should get an extension but the limit may be the annual deadline to complete by 1st July. Best of luck.

P.S. It looks like paying in the UK is the way to go if you can complete by 1st July.

Have just today got back from holiday to find an e-mail telling us we have a case officer and asking for medicals etc,etc, within 28days from the 5th of May,this was just 7 months after our acknowledged application so has come totally out of the blue we will have to ask for an extention of time (are these usually granted) because with so few panel doctors we are probably going to have to wait for an appointment.7months I still cant believe it.

Cheers.

Mike.

Wow! That is incredible. At this rate I could be there by summer, I mean before the British winter... that would be a shame. I'm just wondering if this is a one-off and taken out of order, or as Les says, an indication of some applicants opting out because of the weakness of the pound.

Hi Steve,

Could you please award the rare Red Star please, we received notification today from our Case Officer that our CPV 143 visa was granted today.

It has certainly been an interesting journey, all went well until the medicals where we hit a bit of a hurdle. My wife failed due to faint traces of blood in here urine sample, we were told to see our GP who in turn sent my wife to a consultant and for ultra scans of her kidneys.

This of course took time, so finally after two 28 day extensions from our very helpful case officer we received the all clear letter from the consultant though the letter went walk about in the Royal Mail somewhere, we finally got there with one day to spare on the second extension.

On receipt of the medicals in Sydney everything moved ahead very quickly with the request for the 2nd Vac on the 13th of May, we paid via London via a Visa Debit card on the 16th May. A tip send a copy of the 2nd VAC payment request with your mandate as it speeds up the process, I forgot to send ours though Eric at the London Australia house was exceptionally helpful.

I chose to pay via the Visa Debit card as it was far simpler than using a Credit card, the Credit card people were making waves when I asked to extend the credit limit on the card to £46,000.00, I fell out with them, I have always believed that as far as the bank is concerned I am the customer and I tell them what I want rather than them telling me, we do occasionally have words!! I do then tell them that Barclays is always next door!!

If you elect to pay via London you need to get a different payment mandate to the Perth one from as the London one is for £ and the Perth one is in AU$ the amount for the conversion is available on http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm the link on your Tracker page is perfect.

I would thank everyone on PIO for the assistance and encouragement that has made the journey a lot easier and with a bit of light hearted fun on the way, good luck to all those still waiting, it does pass ( In Hindsight always easy) very quickly.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

KandM

Congratulations on reaching the end of the journey! The wait must have been quite stressful for you. Nice to know you got there in the end.

Guest guest43653
:arghh: Thanks for the info about bank charges. I have been paying 25pounds for the last 10years to transfer money from my Barclays bank account to my Commonwealth bank account here!!

I have also lost out on another large ammount of money as I have found out that I am eligable for a low income healthcare card and have been for 8 years, two years from the date of arrival in Oz. As I have been paying $198 dollars a month for my medication for the past 10 years-I do need rather a lot of medication-whereas with a card I would only have had to pay around $20 a month. This means that I have done myself out of $19000, THAT'S RIGHT NINETEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS !!!.

In order to qualify for this card you must have weekly income of less than $450 dollars and to have been a resident in Oz for two years. I did telephone to enquire about this card about six years ago and when asked if I was a resident of Oz, I said no as I thought they were talking about permanent residency!

Cest la vie as they say, I am now,at last a permanent resident after a ten year wait on a 804, non contributary parent visa,hooray!! I did think though that this information might be useful for some of you. I certainly wish I had known about it eight years ago.

Hi

I wonder if you could tell me roughly how many items of perscriptions you get a month i am very concerned about the amount it is going to cost us as my husband has 7 items each month but on a couple of them they are asthma gases and has two of each item i know you pay different amounts for each product in Australia but am just looking at how much it will roughly be and then there is me i have three each month.

Help it looks like we will be skint before we start but will definately have to look in to the costs, we have probably been avoiding this little problem until you fronted me with it.:arghh:

Sue

Hi

I wonder if you could tell me roughly how many items of perscriptions you get a month i am very concerned about the amount it is going to cost us as my husband has 7 items each month but on a couple of them they are asthma gases and has two of each item i know you pay different amounts for each product in Australia but am just looking at how much it will roughly be and then there is me i have three each month.

Help it looks like we will be skint before we start but will definately have to look in to the costs, we have probably been avoiding this little problem until you fronted me with it.:arghh:

Sue

Hi Sue, we certainly got a fright the first time we filled prescriptions here. The 5 items we have prescribed between us cost around $180 when we rather naively went to the chemist next door to the doctor. Since then we have used Chemist Warehouse and the cost came down to just over $100. Still a lot compared to free in the UK but there it is, we chose to come here with our eyes wide open. I've put the link to Chemist Warehouse below, I think you should be able to check the cost of your items to give you some idea. Also, do try to find a GP who will bulk bill, it saves enormously particularly as it seems to be our second home recently.

Regards

Cath

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/prescriptions.asp

Guest guest43653
Hi Sue, we certainly got a fright the first time we filled prescriptions here. The 5 items we have prescribed between us cost around $180 when we rather naively went to the chemist next door to the doctor. Since then we have used Chemist Warehouse and the cost came down to just over $100. Still a lot compared to free in the UK but there it is, we chose to come here with our eyes wide open. I've put the link to Chemist Warehouse below, I think you should be able to check the cost of your items to give you some idea. Also, do try to find a GP who will bulk bill, it saves enormously particularly as it seems to be our second home recently.

Regards

Cath

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/prescriptions.asp

Thanks Cath i have had it in the back of my mind all the time but didnt want to face up to it and until the post about how much it was costing i just looked on the good things about moving to Australia. It will be something we will have to consider but we are going on a 173 so we can work it out in that timescale. Thanks again and i will check out the website.

Sue

Hi Steve,

Could you please award the rare Red Star please, we received notification today from our Case Officer that our CPV 143 visa was granted today.

It has certainly been an interesting journey, all went well until the medicals where we hit a bit of a hurdle. My wife failed due to faint traces of blood in here urine sample, we were told to see our GP who in turn sent my wife to a consultant and for ultra scans of her kidneys.

This of course took time, so finally after two 28 day extensions from our very helpful case officer we received the all clear letter from the consultant though the letter went walk about in the Royal Mail somewhere, we finally got there with one day to spare on the second extension.

On receipt of the medicals in Sydney everything moved ahead very quickly with the request for the 2nd Vac on the 13th of May, we paid via London via a Visa Debit card on the 16th May. A tip send a copy of the 2nd VAC payment request with your mandate as it speeds up the process, I forgot to send ours though Eric at the London Australia house was exceptionally helpful.

I chose to pay via the Visa Debit card as it was far simpler than using a Credit card, the Credit card people were making waves when I asked to extend the credit limit on the card to £46,000.00, I fell out with them, I have always believed that as far as the bank is concerned I am the customer and I tell them what I want rather than them telling me, we do occasionally have words!! I do then tell them that Barclays is always next door!!

If you elect to pay via London you need to get a different payment mandate to the Perth one from as the London one is for £ and the Perth one is in AU$ the amount for the conversion is available on http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm the link on your Tracker page is perfect.

I would thank everyone on PIO for the assistance and encouragement that has made the journey a lot easier and with a bit of light hearted fun on the way, good luck to all those still waiting, it does pass ( In Hindsight always easy) very quickly.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

KandM

Many Congratulations - Good Luck for the future. Gill

Thanks Cath i have had it in the back of my mind all the time but didnt want to face up to it and until the post about how much it was costing i just looked on the good things about moving to Australia. It will be something we will have to consider but we are going on a 173 so we can work it out in that timescale. Thanks again and i will check out the website.

Sue

Hey

Regarding prescriptions. There is an annual "ceiling" of I think $1200 after which you pay only about $5 per prescription. It is a good idea to always use the same Chemist so they will have a record of how much you have paid. One thing to remember, the year always starts on 1 January so I arrived here in October 2009 so did not make the "ceiling" that year. (or last year as I just missed the full amount)

Marian

Marian

Marian

Guest guest43653
Hey

Regarding prescriptions. There is an annual "ceiling" of I think $1200 after which you pay only about $5 per prescription. It is a good idea to always use the same Chemist so they will have a record of how much you have paid. One thing to remember, the year always starts on 1 January so I arrived here in October 2009 so did not make the "ceiling" that year. (or last year as I just missed the full amount)

Marian

Marian

Marian

I have just looked on the website Cath suggested and looking at the products that we have between us we would be at $1200 in 4 months and then the basic price after the limit would make about $1800 a year which i must say is a lot less than i had just worked out before your post. Thanks for that.

Still something to consider in with rest of the cost factors.

Sue

I have just looked on the website Cath suggested and looking at the products that we have between us we would be at $1200 in 4 months and then the basic price after the limit would make about $1800 a year which i must say is a lot less than i had just worked out before your post. Thanks for that.

Still something to consider in with rest of the cost factors.

Sue

I'm pleased it was a useful link for you. I had forgotten about the annual ceiling, however I don't think we would ever make it (I hope not anyway). There is also the Commonwealth Seniors Card which you can apply for after 2 years which will also give reduced priced prescriptions but it is means tested.

Cath

Guest guest43653
I'm pleased it was a useful link for you. I had forgotten about the annual ceiling, however I don't think we would ever make it (I hope not anyway). There is also the Commonwealth Seniors Card which you can apply for after 2 years which will also give reduced priced prescriptions but it is means tested.

Cath

Hopefully if we can get work( nothing highflying or fancy) just minimum wage will do then we will be able to survive. This is as long as the medicals go ok because if they let us go with the list of ailments we have then i suppose it will be a bonus and maybe all the worry of cost will be worth it.:twitcy:

I am going to stop worrying now and look at it positively as we are only going on a 173 to see if it is a permanent thing we want we are not spending the big money until we are sure.:biggrin:

Thanks to you all for your comments they are appreciated

Sue

Guest Janey1954

Cheers.

Mike.

Hi Mike

OMG OMG - at this rate we'll be there for this Xmas!!!! - No, thats taking it too far!! Is'nt it?? Really makes you wonder whats going on though eh!!

Good luck with the next bit

Janey

Hi Steve,

KandM

Congratulations on the Visa.

Good luck in the future.

Wilma x

Hi Steve,

KandM

Well done KandM!

And the best of luck. Thank you for all your contributions during the process.

:smile:

Best wishes

Steve

Guest sarah404

Hello I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best way to get my parents here. I have been a permanent resident in oz for 4 years . My sister is on her way here too and we dont want to leave our parents at home. We have been advised that the best option is the contributory visa . we can find the money but my real worry is if they fail the medical. Dad is in his 70's and had a heart attack in his 50's and is on statins. Mum had a hip replacement and may need another one some day in the future.

I was told they could come on an onshore aged parent non contributory visa subclass 804 straight away . which means they can live here while on the long wait list to be assessed. When they are assessed in 10 years time howver they could get sent home in there 80's.

Does anyone know what kind of things would cause you to fail a contributory parent medical?

Alterantvely does anyone have any expereince of being sent home after 10 years on a bridgin onshore 804 visa?

any advice welcome!

Yes – maybe a coincidence or not, but when we asked for an extension, the date given was 28 June.

Mike

E-Mailed the department for extention till end of June 2011 reply came straight back "granted no problem "now we just need date for a medical tried both Manchester and Birmingham yesterday but got no-reply

lets keep calm and keep trying.

cheers mike.

Congratulations on getting this far so quickly - things really hotting up aren't they? Hope you get your appointment soon.

Our med appointment took a while as they seem to do most of them on Mondays and Fridays at Maidenhead and the panel doctors aren't there every day. It was 6 weeks from the date of getting our CO till medicals - mind you, there was Easter and all the Bank Holidays to slow things down. CO 1st April, meds done 6th May, results sent off 15th May (still in transit but tracking progress daily)!

House is just going on the market so hopefully the timings will work out Ok and we'll be on our way by the early Autumn - certainly well before Christmas.

Cheers.

Mike.

Congratulations, the timescales are amazing now.

I've only got another 10 days in the UK before I embark on my new life in Adelaide. It seemed such a long time to wait when I first started this process but time really does fly by & this site & 'others' really do help if only to keep you sane in knowing that everyone is going through the same thoughts & doubts

Will see you on the 'other side' soon

Katie x

Hello I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best way to get my parents here. I have been a permanent resident in oz for 4 years . My sister is on her way here too and we dont want to leave our parents at home. We have been advised that the best option is the contributory visa . we can find the money but my real worry is if they fail the medical. Dad is in his 70's and had a heart attack in his 50's and is on statins. Mum had a hip replacement and may need another one some day in the future.

I was told they could come on an onshore aged parent non contributory visa subclass 804 straight away . which means they can live here while on the long wait list to be assessed. When they are assessed in 10 years time howver they could get sent home in there 80's.

Does anyone know what kind of things would cause you to fail a contributory parent medical?

Alterantvely does anyone have any expereince of being sent home after 10 years on a bridgin onshore 804 visa?

any advice welcome!

Cannot help you on the visa issue but maybe an older persons aspect on the ten years thing. Ten years is a long time when people are in their seventies and anything can happen, so maybe just go with the flow let them come and live and worry about it when and if it happens with the medicals. My oh is 70 this year and he says every day will be bonus, live life now.

Guest nannadi

any advice welcome!

I have just been granted permanent residency after a ten year wait on an 804 aged parent visa and I could not stress how easy I found it! Very few disadvantages and it saves so much money. One has to have been here for two years to be entitled to a senior's card and I have just discovered that I could have had a low income healthcare card after two years too. This is after spending nineteen thousand dollars for medication for the past ten years!!

I cannot tell you much about the medical though, but I have read somewhere something about going offshore for a while and then re-applying.

Good luck with this, I just love it here.

Guest nannadi

Sorry I forgot to say, and this is something I was advised to do. Should your parents apply for a visa onshore - while on a visit/holiday for instance -they will be allowed to spend the long wait here in Australia with you.

Sorry I forgot to say, and this is something I was advised to do. Should your parents apply for a visa onshore - while on a visit/holiday for instance -they will be allowed to spend the long wait here in Australia with you.

Hi,

Do you know if they are allowed to work, even on a 20 hr week basis, while waiting for their visa in Oz.

As parents trying to get there via the fastest route, we are looking for any loopholes. We could not afford to live there without working.

Any info would be great!

MKF

Cheers.

Mike.

HI, Congratulations. Can I ask how long did you have to wait before you could lodge your visa. In other words how long was your sponsor there and deemed "settled" before you application was accepted.

About to embark on all this, but our son with the PR has only just arrived in OZ, but we want to get there asap!

Regards

MKF