Guest guest36187

Hello. My husband and I are in the process of applying for a subclass 143 CPV which we hope to submit before 1st July. The form seems straightforward enough and our circumstances are not complicated. However one of the questions on form 47PA asks if we have held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia and if so to note the visa number. We have both been to Australia twice on a tourist visa but have no visa number on our passports; just the usual immigration stamp with the date we arrived and departed. Does anyone know how we go about getting the visa number? Many thanks

Angie

Hi Linday for a speedy reply to my query. Here is another.. at what stage does the Ass. Bond have to be paid.. Is it when my Visa comes through or before ? Many thanks in advance. Helen

Hello Helen

The bond has to be in place before the visa (143 only) can be granted. It's normally asked for by the CO around the time the medicals and character checks are requested.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve

Hello. My husband and I are in the process of applying for a subclass 143 CPV which we hope to submit before 1st July. The form seems straightforward enough and our circumstances are not complicated. However one of the questions on form 47PA asks if we have held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia and if so to note the visa number. We have both been to Australia twice on a tourist visa but have no visa number on our passports; just the usual immigration stamp with the date we arrived and departed. Does anyone know how we go about getting the visa number? Many thanks

Angie

Hello Angie

It will probably be OK to mark this as "unknown" or simply write "tourist" or "ETA" in there. The date it was issued might also help, I think the form is a little outdated.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

So this is where you have all been hiding! I have missed the old thread and look forward to catching up in the future.

Marian and Ian Burgess (still in Sydney Northern Beaches and still loving it)

Hi Steve

So this is where you have all been hiding! I have missed the old thread and look forward to catching up in the future.

Marian and Ian Burgess (still in Sydney Northern Beaches and still loving it)

Hi

Welcome to this more friendly site.

Charlie

:biggrin:

Hi Linday for a speedy reply to my query. Here is another.. at what stage does the Ass. Bond have to be paid.. Is it when my Visa comes through or before ? Many thanks in advance. Helen

Hi Helen

You are normally asked to pay the Assurance of Support and 2nd VAC if everything else is in order including medicals and police checks. Then as soon as these are both paid you will be granted your visa.

Welcome to the 'waiting room' How far down the line are you? Didn't see you on the tracker (unless you are using another name).

Hey

I am no longer in the "waiting room" . Ian and I were granted our visa in August 2009 and arrived in Sydney on 20 October 2009. I do well remember the long waiting period; a strange mixture of stress and excitement!

Marian and Ian

Hey

I am no longer in the "waiting room" . Ian and I were granted our visa in August 2009 and arrived in Sydney on 20 October 2009. I do well remember the long waiting period; a strange mixture of stress and excitement!

Marian and Ian

Hi Marian-I've sent you a PM......Fiz

Guest Restellou 44

Hi Sandch... Many thanks for taking the time to help.. Its so nice to know that I am not on my own trying to make sence og everything..

Guest Restellou 44

Hi Linday.. many thanks once more for your invaluablw help.. It is so scary to try and make sence of all this info, especially as I am on my own, with no one to chew the fat with.. Many thanks, Helen

Hi Sandch... Many thanks for taking the time to help.. Its so nice to know that I am not on my own trying to make sence og everything..

It's a pleasure. There's a whole community here ready to help, so you're never on your own.

Cheers

Steve

Oh b*m! Just had e mail from our CO who has been away on holiday. We were hoping it would be to say pay your money, but instead he says he has not yet received our Form 80's and Police checks which were sent on 8th APRIL!!!! Royal Mail online tracker shows they have been passed to the Australian Postal Service for signed for delivery but 'cos the PO closed today can't do anymore. b*m, b*m b*m!!

Just not what we needed, getting very stressed about the whole process now and fed up with it! Glad to hear its going well for other people though, but starting to seriously look like we will have to change our flight which is booked for 6th June. Gill

Oh b*m! Just had e mail from our CO who has been away on holiday. We were hoping it would be to say pay your money, but instead he says he has not yet received our Form 80's and Police checks which were sent on 8th APRIL!!!! Royal Mail online tracker shows they have been passed to the Australian Postal Service for signed for delivery but 'cos the PO closed today can't do anymore. b*m, b*m b*m!!

Just not what we needed, getting very stressed about the whole process now and fed up with it! Glad to hear its going well for other people though, but starting to seriously look like we will have to change our flight which is booked for 6th June. Gill

How frustrating! I can sympathise as I found this stage very difficult-I had similar problems with the internal post part of Centrelink over the AOS. However, if its any consolation, once that arrived my CO asked for the payment within hours which I paid immediately and my visa email then came 3 days later and that was all over the Christmas break. So, don't give up yet: in a week's time you could be sorted!!

How frustrating! I can sympathise as I found this stage very difficult-I had similar problems with the internal post part of Centrelink over the AOS. However, if its any consolation, once that arrived my CO asked for the payment within hours which I paid immediately and my visa email then came 3 days later and that was all over the Christmas break. So, don't give up yet: in a week's time you could be sorted!!

We had exactly the same experience as well, but once we sent tracking number to CO it appeared on her desk the same day, and as you say, things really moved from there

Thanks fiz, will keep our fingers crossed. The AOS is paid and confirmed, medicals seemed to be all OK (but haven't had that confirmed yet) and all the money has been transferred to our Daughter's account ready for her to draw the Bank Draft and get it to Perth, so everything is in place to go as soon as we get the nod. Will keep reading this forum, it keeps me going! ~Gill

Hi Folks

Never thought this process would get me as stressed as it has.

Now looking for some serious advice.

We are expecting a CO in the next few days hopefully. We have medicals arranged for 11/5/11, fom 80 is being completed and Police checks will be going off this week. I am sat here watching the Aus$ getting stronger by the day and our budget becoming exceedingly tight.

Can you pay the second VAC before it is requested at the High Commission in London in sterling or do you have to wait for it to be requested. I am looking to try and pay before the 1st July before the Gov rate drops even more and destroys our chances for the the next few years.

Any comments appreciated.

Hi Folks

We are expecting a CO in the next few days hopefully. We have medicals arranged for 11/5/11, fom 80 is being completed and Police checks will be going off this week. I am sat here watching the Aus$ getting stronger by the day and our budget becoming exceedingly tight.

Can you pay the second VAC before it is requested at the High Commission in London in sterling or do you have to wait for it to be requested. I am looking to try and pay before the 1st July before the Gov rate drops even more and destroys our chances for the the next few years.

Any comments appreciated.

It is my understanding that the Visa charges are fixed at the point your application is received by Australian immigration and will not increase if the actual processing goes over the 30thJune/1st July deadlines. The following is taken from the Aus Immigration Visa Charges Pages.

How will changes to VAC affect my application -The cost of the VAC is dependent on when the application is received by the department.

For a visa application lodged close to 1 January and 1 July, the VAC or foreign currency rate may change in the time it takes for your application to be received by the department.

Example: You may have to pay for any increase in the VAC or the foreign currency rate if:

you pay for a visa application in Australia before 1 July and lodge your application with an Australian Mission overseas after 1 July, or

you send the VAC with your visa application before 1 July, but the application is not received by the department until after 1 July, or

you send the VAC in a foreign currency with your visa application to an Australian Mission overseas before 1 January, but the application is not received by the department until after 1 January.

Important: A visa application is not valid until the department receives the correct amount of the VAC. If the correct amount is not paid, it will result in your visa application being delayed until the correct amount is received. Your visa application may be returned with a request that it be resent with the correct VAC amount.

This doesn't help with the exchange rate of course, but it should fix your fee at the 2010/2011 level.

Good Luck with it - I know what you mean by stressed!!!

Gill

Guest passingtime

:biggrin::biggrin: have today received the request for the payment of the 2nd vac. so am very nearly there I can't quite believe it is finally happening and must say would have been lost without this site to refer to even though have not contributed very much myself, so thanks to all the wonderful people who do put information on the site to help us all.

many thanks

I think the last few stages are the most stressful, especially if you have a flight booked. And everything seems to get dealyed by the Bank Holidays. We received our confirmation receipt that our 2nd VAC had been paid in London on Saturday with a note that it had been emailed to our CO. I scanned and emailed it myself just to be sure. I checked with my daughter in Perth that today wasn't a bank holiday there and so was hoping we might hear somethintg today, but no luck.

It's very difficult to be patient, but having read that others only got their visa grant after 3 days, maybe have to wait a little longer. Fingers crossed for everyone!

:biggrin::biggrin: have today received the request for the payment of the 2nd vac. so am very nearly there I can't quite believe it is finally happening and must say would have been lost without this site to refer to even though have not contributed very much myself, so thanks to all the wonderful people who do put information on the site to help us all.

many thanks[/quote

Congratulations. You are getting nearer. Seems things are hotting up now. I think they want to try and get as many visas granted as possible before thye quota is up in July.

Hi Folks

Any comments appreciated.[/quote

Just remember that the rate might have gone up again before 1st July. And you don't have to pay in London. It's just a question of keeping an eye on the exchange rates, but very difficult to know how to proceed. I don't think you can pay in advance as you need to send a copy of the 2nd VAC request with the payment mandate, and, I don't want to rain on your parade, but you probably wouldn't want to, just in case anything goes wrong and your visa isn't granted for some reason.

Just remember that the rate might have gone up again before 1st July.

Hi Linday

Is that a promise????:confused: I was looking on the black side having watched the pound slowly sinking over the past three years. I am just trying to get the best rate hoping that the 2nd VAC will be due around end of June, early July. If the staus quo remains and the new Gov rate is around 1.47 then sterling cost increases by about another £1000.:cry:

You have given me a bit of hope and thanks for that.:smile:

Just had a rate alert email set at $1.63 for the first time this year, don't think one can trade at that rate but a step in the right direction. :yes:

Just got $1.61 for a $20,000 transfer, best rate I have got this year (which shows how bad the other transfers were).

Moved to soon, just had rate alert of $1.64. :chatterbox:

Brother can you spare me a dime?

......and this was only 6 weeks ago.....

you just need to look for every spike. :wubclub: