Guest guest36187

New question Guys.

Our bottle has gone with this slow housing market and instead of waiting out the rest of this year hoping to get a sale and then buy the one way ticket we have decided to go out and validate our visa at the end of May while the cheap flight offers are still on.

We can fit a week in during the half term even though it means 4 days of flying out of 8 days, it will get the job done and dusted.

As we have the CPV visa in our new passport do we need to get a visitors visa as well?

I know SirMatt did this so maybe he can tell us what he did? :notworthy:

The CPV is the only one you need for the next five years!

New question Guys.

Our bottle has gone with this slow housing market and instead of waiting out the rest of this year hoping to get a sale and then buy the one way ticket we have decided to go out and validate our visa at the end of May while the cheap flight offers are still on.

We can fit a week in during the half term even though it means 4 days of flying out of 8 days, it will get the job done and dusted.

As we have the CPV visa in our new passport do we need to get a visitors visa as well?

Hi Les

You do not need a visitors visa - your CPV allows you to enter and leave for 5 years.

Charlie

Do you mind if I ask did you lose your place in the queue....I have enquired regarding changing from 143 to 173 and have been told I would not only have to pay the first VAC again but also l would lose my place in the queue :cry:

Phoebe

You keep your place Phoebe if you switch from 103 to 143 (probably because it's an upgrade, but it may be just a routine random rule).

Guest sirmatt101
New question Guys.

Hi Les, sounds like a good idea if you have 8 days with nothing to do, just catch a flight to Oz & back!!! :biglaugh:

Best of luck

Matt

Crumbs, after paying an arm and a leg for your CPV you certainly don't need a visitor visa as well. Fly with confidence and good luck. We did the same thing last year only because of the volcano we actually missed our deadline. Thankfully the manager at the Perth Centre managed to sort us out as we were able to enter the country. We did have a reception committee from the Immigration which normally would not happen.

Hi Les, sounds like a good idea if you have 8 days with nothing to do, just catch a flight to Oz & back!!! :biglaugh:

Best of luck

Matt

:idea: Can I fit in a Fork Lift Drivers course too?

I'll pass on the Pole Dancing Course on account of me back being jet-lagged. :Randy-git:

Did anyone flying on a validation trip get the 40kgs allowance with Singapore airlines?

I know that we will not get it with the final one way trip (once we validate) just wondered if they did it on a return trip.

P.S. Don't believe the adverts for Air Asia being cheap, they wanted over £2,000 for the same week. :shocked:

When our CO did not answer our email(s) we emailed the question to the main email address and asked if our CO's email address was working, she replied that day! :wink:

Just after appointment our CO had 6 weeks off on holiday so it may not be unusual for them to disappear for weeks at a time. :eek:

Oh thanks for the tip. I hope he/she hasn't gone on holiday for 6 weeks! We have a flight booked on 2nd June. We booked this ages ago when the waiting time for a CO was still about 15 months and had intended to go on a visitor visa, but it makes sense now to wait for the CPV.

Hi Les

You do not need a visitors visa - your CPV allows you to enter and leave for 5 years.

Charlie

Whatever you do don't even apply for a visitor visa. As I understand it the last visa which you are granted is the one which applies and it will cancel out your CPV.

Please Charlie, What happens after 5 years? Gill

There are 2 options. If you have been a resident for 4 years you can apply for Australian citizenship. Otherwise you can apply for a residents return visa but you have to prove that you are a permanent Australian resident.

Charlie

Did anyone flying on a validation trip get the 40kgs allowance with Singapore airlines?

I know that we will not get it with the final one way trip (once we validate) just wondered if they did it on a return trip.

P.S. Don't believe the adverts for Air Asia being cheap, they wanted over £2,000 for the same week. :shocked:

Hi Les

Try Emirates they give a standard 30 kgs per person. Don't tell the kids though, ours gave us a shopping list to use up the unused allowance.:eek:

regards

P.S. Don't believe the adverts for Air Asia being cheap, they wanted over £2,000 for the same week.

And a word of warning; flights from this end are nearly twice the price as those originating in the UK. To save money we came out on one way tickets - mistake if you plan to go back after a while. Returns from here are between £1100 (cheap) and £1400 (Singapore). We're coming back next month KLM for about £1,300 each (but that's to Bristol and with a £250 charge for seat selection). :sad:

With the state of the economy and dollar, Australians think it's cheap, whereas I suppose demand at the UK end is weak.

Good luck with the trip!

Guest sirmatt101
Nice idea but to late as already booked with Singapore, our favourite airline. :biggrin:

Hi Les, I emailed their customer services, UK_Reservations@Singarporeair.com.sg, (note underscore between UK & Reservations), they were very helpful, will tell you exactly what you need and then update your reservation etc.

Cheers

Matt

No need to pack your Marmite, you can get OurMate in Coles supermarkets!! :vampire:

I rang the Parent Visa Centre today. It was difficult to get through to them as the number given 'for urgent matters' on the documentation from our case officer just rang and then cut out. Ringing the general number resulted in a message saying they were 'closed' even though it was 3.00 in the afternoon in Perth.

I finally managed to speak to the same nice lady I spoke to last time as I had her extension number. She told me unfortunately our case officer had left for the day, but could tell us that the medicals were OK - so panic over! She said the problem seemed to be some mix up due to the fact that we had originally applied for the 103 so it hadn't been processed any further.

I explained our situation and she promised to speak to our case officer tomorrow and email us with an update, and hopefully the request for the final VAC so we could enter Australia in June on the 173. So fingers crossed. Just shows that sometimes they do need a little nudge and I am really grateful for the tracker (thanks Steve!) so at least you have an idea of timescales so you can see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

And a word of warning; flights from this end are nearly twice the price as those originating in the UK. To save money we came out on one way tickets - mistake if you plan to go back after a while. Returns from here are between £1100 (cheap) and £1400 (Singapore). We're coming back next month KLM for about £1,300 each (but that's to Bristol and with a £250 charge for seat selection). :sad:

With the state of the economy and dollar, Australians think it's cheap, whereas I suppose demand at the UK end is weak.

Good luck with the trip!

My impression is that the gap between buying in UK starting in UK Vs Au purchase of air fares that made the start in UK cheaper has largely narrowed and recently looking at on-line Au sites makes me think that Au sites can buy cheaper fares----but of course some of us have to buy $au with GBP or BP (no longer Great!).

DYOR but Airasia will be expensive at peak times & when late booking but occasional bargains but watch transit times--collecting luggage to re-check in can take ages.

Well, still waiting. Despite promises, still no email from the PVC. Am thinking of giving them another call tomorrow. We have been somewhat distracted from our frustration by the fact that our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild, Mia, yesterday. 2 weeks early, but both doing well.

Just really want to get over to Perth now at the beginning of June!

Well, still waiting. Despite promises, still no email from the PVC. Am thinking of giving them another call tomorrow. We have been somewhat distracted from our frustration by the fact that our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild, Mia, yesterday. 2 weeks early, but both doing well.

Many, many congratulations to you all! Valx

Many, many congratulations:jiggy:, bet you cannot wait to get there. Hope all goes well for you.

regards