Guest guest36187

:idea:What Wanda has done with all the assorted boxes of gear we want to take to Oz is to make 2 false double beds out of the boxes and then cover them with double quilt and pillows etc, so when people come to view the house they can A, see the bedroom can take a double bed and B, they don't see a pile of boxes. Also the garden shed groans with more bits but it helps keep the house looking good.

We are now in the position of de-cluttering what we have already de-clutted. :wacko:

Sold a Wendy House and a large climbing frame this week so a few more £s in the fighting fund. :yes: Anyway I didn't fit in them anymore.:biglaugh:

Hi Les

Did you not think of taking the wendy house, what with the exchange rate and cost of housing might have come in handy.:biglaugh:

Hi Les

Did you not think of taking the wendy house, what with the exchange rate and cost of housing might have come in handy.:biglaugh:

Now there's a thought, it might just come to it :swoon: does anyone know the price of land in Oz these days :twitcy:

Phoebe

Guest sirmatt101
Oh, this makes me feel so much better ! Just knowing there are others out there that are sorting through their "stuff" and inevitably getting rid of bits. Was up in the attic yesterday, making a list of what is worth taking and what's going to the Boot Sale (did a couple last year and am slightly surprised at how much I have still got). Ebaying a few bits as well, and starting to get a bit overwhelmed by it all to be honest. Does anyone else feel like that at this stage? Can't wait to go but dreading the packing up and goodbyes. It's usually tears at Melbourne Airport when we have to come back here, but I am beginning to feel like its going to be tears at Gatwick this time.

Just started transferring money to Son-in-law who had his Centrelink interview today, we had our medicals last week and as far as we know we are both "OK". We know the reports have gone off and Dr provided the courier tracking number. To be honest the medical was nothing like we expected, it only took about 15 mins each, (and another hour to provide a urine sample!!) Nerves get to you, don't they! Just waiting on Police Reports and filling in Form 80.

So excited, it's all beginning to really happen now!

Gill

Having lived in a motorhome for 4 years prior to moving out here, when our container turned up and we unpacked all our things that had been in storage for 4 years, we couldn't believe some of the stuff we had packed, so we have had another clear out with everything going to Salvos (The Sally Army)! Also don't forget Australian houses don't have attics, so nowhere to hide all that rubbish!

Cheers

Matt

Have just looked at the tracker and OMG the CO are coming through so quickly. I know ( I think ) we have to fill in a (80) form. I checked it out the other day and it had a section of where you have travelled in the last 10 years. Do they want all the City Breaks (weekends etc )...Holidays (2weeks) or longer stays. Also ..who keeps all their old passports?

So is it just....form 80, medical, police check then pay?

We are going to Melbourne next week. Is it worth getting our medicals done there?

Have just looked at the tracker and OMG the CO are coming through so quickly. I know ( I think ) we have to fill in a (80) form. I checked it out the other day and it had a section of where you have travelled in the last 10 years. Do they want all the City Breaks (weekends etc )...Holidays (2weeks) or longer stays. Also ..who keeps all their old passports?

So is it just....form 80, medical, police check then pay?

We are going to Melbourne next week. Is it worth getting our medicals done there?

We did our form 80 when we lodged our application (may need updating before final payment?) we didn't have any weekend breaks outside the UK but we did include all holidays taken abroad - mostly 5 - 15 days and the longer ones to Australia! Good luck finding all your details! (time to look back through the old photo albums?)

Having lived in a motorhome for 4 years prior to moving out here, when our container turned up and we unpacked all our things that had been in storage for 4 years, we couldn't believe some of the stuff we had packed, so we have had another clear out with everything going to Salvos (The Sally Army)! Also don't forget Australian houses don't have attics, so nowhere to hide all that rubbish!

Cheers

Matt

My daughter still has 10 boxes in her garage that havn't been unpacked yet after 3.5 years she dosent even know whats in them :biglaugh: her advice was treat your packing like a suitcase on holiday, fill it with what you need then take stuff out you dont really need then cut it down to the bare minimum :goofy:

Phoebe

I wake up about 3.30 with so much on my mind...my OH hasn't a care in the world ! I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site. So much information ! but is the easiest place to find everything you need....with "friends" to help you along the way. Many thanks everyone !!

I wake up about 3.30 with so much on my mind...my OH hasn't a care in the world ! I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this site. So much information ! but is the easiest place to find everything you need....with "friends" to help you along the way. Many thanks everyone !!

Sleepless nights are par for the course I'm afraid. In my case they are caused by making mental to-do lists and being scared I won't remember everything in the morning but too lazy to get out of bed and write it down!

Hi

I have a Cubby House (ie Wendy House) for sale, anyone interested? Find your own land.

Charlie

How much delivered north perth???:cool:

Sleepless nights are par for the course I'm afraid. In my case they are caused by making mental to-do lists and being scared I won't remember everything in the morning but too lazy to get out of bed and write it down!

Same here, had a rotten night last night, kept waking up with that horrible tummy dropping feeling. Have spent today sorting out stuff to boot sale in a week or so, and now have one room nearly so full it's almost impossible to get in!

Police checks came back today - glad to say they are all OK (as expected in case you're wondering!!) so its Form 80 tomorrow. Had another remover round to quote this afternoon as well.

So here's hoping for a better night tonight!

Gill

Don't worry about it you only need sun tops, skirts. sandals and plenty knicks :biglaugh:

Hi Phoebe

I'll need fur lined knicks as it's the start of winter in Adelaide !!

Katie

Oh, I know about the waking up! I thought it was only me. Hubby decided to set up a spreadsheet with everything that needs doing and put in dates and ordered by date. Then everything was colour coded, red for stuff still to do, amber for ongoing stuff and green for completed. By looking at this every few days and picking out jobs for the week it helped to keep it all under control. We even had different scenarios, eg for renting the house and selling it. Plus lots of lists. Oh and keep a notebook by the bed to jot stuff down.

You will be fine, it's good for the soul!! getting rid of all the stuff you haven't used for ages.

Wait until you have to pack your cases with just 40kgs !!!:arghh:

I'm moving at the end of April to stay with my younger daughter for a few weeks before I fly out 2nd June. Stuff gets shipped at the end of April when I move out of my rented cottage & I then have to pack my 40kgs very carefully. I'm not looking forward to choosing what to pack & what to ship. As I'm sharing a container it will take longer to get to OZ & I may have to live out of 2 cases of clothes for upto 5 months - YUCK

I know that it will all be worth it but you cant help but worry. I'm worrying now that I will not be able to get a job after seeing Matt's comments a couple of days ago.

Only 8 weeks until I fly out - will be so relieved when that plane takes off

good luck

Katie

We will also be staying with our daughter for several months as we haven't sold the house yet. We have decided to send over a huge suitcase with Freedom Shipping. It takes about 70 days by sea and as they charge by volume we are sending more of the heavier stuff in the case. I am trying to decide which stuff to take with us on the plane, which to put in the case to ship and which to put into storage with the rest of our furniture for a while. Nightmare! As it will be winter when we arrive in Perth we may need jumpers and coats and stuff. Hubby is driving me mad as he keeps packing stuff in boxes for storage which I haven't finished with yet.

We will also be staying with our daughter for several months as we haven't sold the house yet. We have decided to send over a huge suitcase with Freedom Shipping. It takes about 70 days by sea and as they charge by volume we are sending more of the heavier stuff in the case. I am trying to decide which stuff to take with us on the plane, which to put in the case to ship and which to put into storage with the rest of our furniture for a while. Nightmare! As it will be winter when we arrive in Perth we may need jumpers and coats and stuff. Hubby is driving me mad as he keeps packing stuff in boxes for storage which I haven't finished with yet.

I'm having a hard enough job doing lists for an 8 week trip next week :wink: heaven help us when/if the time comes to pack up the house....my OH should have been a scrap man :swoon:.......say no more:twitcy:

Phoebe

My daughter still has 10 boxes in her garage that havn't been unpacked yet after 3.5 years she dosent even know whats in them :biglaugh: her advice was treat your packing like a suitcase on holiday, fill it with what you need then take stuff out you dont really need then cut it down to the bare minimum :goofy:

Phoebe

We came out here with 3 cases using the economy flight allowance. Everything else is still in England. Amazing, but we've survived!

Cheers

Steve

Ooooops :cute: I keep assuming everyone is heading for the Gold Coast that has winters like our summers :cool:

Phoebe

17 degrees max forecast here in Melbourne Sunday. 27 today, 27 tomorrow. We're now equipped for the daily fluctuations, unlike when we first arrived.

Cheers

Steve

Ah, but you are a model of efficiency Steve, Wanda's shoes would take up more space than that. :wacko:

I'm glad I don't like shoes :wink:

Cowboy boots now....I'll need a seperate container for our Western gear :swoon:......we love Country & Western :yes:

Phoebe

Ooooops :cute: I keep assuming everyone is heading for the Gold Coast that has winters like our summers :cool:

Phoebe

Same here, we will be arriving in Melbourne just at the start of Winter - and Victorian winters are usually pretty wet! But they can have warm and sunny days too, a bit like the UK, slightly unpredictable, so a suitable assortment of appropriate clothes has to be packed.