Guest guest36187

WOO HOO we got our visa grant letter today.:jiggy:

We are all as high as kites, been bouncing about all morning, then you come back down to earth again when you realize that you are going to have to start saying goodbye:cry:

But then you start bouncing around again, my daughters think I am nuts.

Oh me still can't believe it!!

Now to start looking into flights!

Thank guys for all your help, this site has been a great support all the way through, will probably need more help with the best airlines and double baggage and anything else that crops, oh and have to get the dog sorted out as well, no time to relax!!

Best wishes

Wilma x

Hi Wilma,

Hope you mean flights, not fights!

We would recommend Emirates, although I don't know if they fly from Scotland - but they do have huge luggage allowances, much bigger than normal eg: 30kg for Econ, 40kg Business. They are not the cheapest though but we use them all the time from Gatwick.

Congratulations on getting your Visas, great news - hope we won't be too long behind you! Good Luck with everything.

Best Wishes

Gill

Hi there and yes it was meant to be flights, so excited cant even spell right, have corrected it now.

We may have to go down to London anyway coz of the dog, so thats no problem.

Will look into Emirates, is that normal to get that baggage weight or do you have to ask for it, sorry for being thick but never travelled one way before.

Good luck with you visa.

Wilma

Guest guest43653

I have just found out that the first vac was taken from my credit card a couple of days ago. I am going through an agent and have not heard from them that i have had acknowledgement or a request for the payment or anything except that my application was lodged.

Should this have happened like this and does it mean i have acknowledgement i haven't had a transaction number?

Well done to everyone who has got there visa's it is brilliant to hear all your good news it is what keeps us going.

Sue:huh:

Guest sirmatt101
WOO HOO we got our visa grant letter today.:jiggy:

We are all as high as kites, been bouncing about all morning, then you come back down to earth again when you realize that you are going to have to start saying goodbye:cry:

But then you start bouncing around again, my daughters think I am nuts.

Oh me still can't believe it!!

Now to start looking into flights!

Thank guys for all your help, this site has been a great support all the way through, will probably need more help with the best airlines and double baggage and anything else that crops, oh and have to get the dog sorted out as well, no time to relax!!

Best wishes

Wilma x

Congrats on the visa, will take some time to sink it. I must say looking back though that it was an exciting time for sure.

As to airlines, we travelled Singapore on the A380, couldn't complain at all, we booked it all online and chose seats with lots of legroom, also booked a Singapore stopover on SIA website which gives you big discounts on hotels etc in Singapore! SIA have extra baggage allowance for those travelling to OZ on an unvalidated visa, just have to check with them beforehand, email customer services.

All the best

Matt

Hi there and yes it was meant to be flights, so excited cant even spell right, have corrected it now.

We may have to go down to London anyway coz of the dog, so thats no problem.

Will look into Emirates, is that normal to get that baggage weight or do you have to ask for it, sorry for being thick but never travelled one way before.

Good luck with you visa.

Wilma

HI Wilma

The baggage allowances for Emirates are normal - you can also try asking them for a bit extra, I think they consider requests made after booking so worth a try!

Good Luck! Gill

We've got a Case Officer !!! Yey! Our daughter phoned and woke us at 6.30am today to say she had received an email from Immigration and we are now up and running!

We've only had a year to get ourselves organised and we have just realised how much more there still is to do!!

Steve, would you do the honours on the tracker please - will keep you updated!

Granddaughter now featuring on TV advert for Good Friday Appeal in Victoria, and just heard that she, and 79 other former patients will appear on a specially customised tram that will be used around Melbourne for the next twelve months, to celebrate the 80th year of the appeal.

Off to start some paperwork now.

Yippee!!

Gill

Guest sirmatt101
Hi Steve

Can you update the tracker please.

WE GOT OUR VISAS :jiggy:

YAHOO !!!

Thanks

Wilma

Congrats, they seem to be coming thick & fast now. Its back to Friday visa day!

Cheers

Matt

We were never asked to complete form 80 and certainly didn't offer to do so. We received our visa no problem. So the message is if you aren't asked don't worry.

It's useful just to have a look at it and see the kind of information they require such as previous passport numbers, educational qualifications, jobs held (at my age quite a few!) and countries visited over the past 10 years. Then if you have all the information together there is no need to panic if asked for it.

I had to go through the photo album to find all the places where we had been on holiday abroad over the last then years!

I've rec'd my visa as well today. WOW !!!!

Steve please could you update the tracker for me , paid the 2nd Vac 14.3.11 & visa granted 15.3.11

I'm flying out to Mount Barker, Adelaide on the 2.6.11

Good luck to all those still waiting- time really does fly by & the CO's seem to be coming a little e

quicker at the moment - long may it continue for everyone else

Katie :wacko:

Steve please could you update the tracker for me , paid the 2nd Vac 14.3.11 & visa granted 15.3.11

Good luck to all those still waiting- time really does fly by & the CO's seem to be coming a little e

Fantastic! I predicted you'd be there before me, didn't I?!!!! However, I too have booked my flight now:September 4th to Sydney. Did you get a one way ticket or return?

Congratulations!

Tracker duly updated, and we wish you all the best for your future in Adelaide.

Cheers

Steve

Fantastic! I predicted you'd be there before me, didn't I?!!!! However, I too have booked my flight now:September 4th to Sydney. Did you get a one way ticket or return?

Ah, I see what you have done here, not 3 visa's but two today, we will have to show you how to quote a post Fiz. :wink:

Guest sirmatt101

Congrats and another one bites the dust.

Cheers

Matt

Guest Cakey

My son checked his E Mails this morning (2am) to be exact and there it was our E Mail saying we have a CASE OFFICER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it after waiting just over a year it's here at last and now everything needs to be done within twenty eight days!

The earliest I can book medicals at Manchester is 31st of March and I need to get police checks.........so much to do and now after a year it seems so little time.

Cheers Cakey

Hi all

Thats the flights booked we leave on the 4th July, sent the passports away yesterday.

Oh my 16 wks is not long !!

Mum and Sisters not very happy cos we are leaving, Mum said she hoped we would change our minds and not go:sad:

But on the up side my Husband will meet his Grand Daughter for the first time.:jiggy:

Cant keep everyone happy!!

Wilma