Guest guest36187

G'Day

What they don't say is whether or not you keep your place in the queue. If not, it's hardly worth it if you're going to get a CO in a few months.

Best Mike

I don't think you would lose your place in the queue. When we switched from the 103 to the 173 apparently our date of lodgement is still the date of lodgement for the 103. So I assume switching from the 173 to the 143 would be the same.

YES, YES, YES, we have our visa, checked email at 3am this morning as couldn't sleep, and there was our grant letter. Have to work today before wine and tinny tonight!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Congratulations!!! Welll Done!! I am sure it was all worth the wait!!!:biggrin:

Mornin all! Now, forgive me if I`m being a bit thick........................when we get our visa, will there be an amount of time by which we have to go to Oz to validate? If so, how long? Once validated, can we come back here and sort out our affairs etc and once all that is taken care of , do we then go and live there?

Sorry for being so vague about all this but our agent isnt replying to our emails or returning our calls now the application (from her point of view) is done.

We were in a rush to put in the application last July to avoid the cost going up (we didnt make it) and afterwards it all seemed too far into the future to give it much thought........................but now we have just returned from a visit, it all seems very real and very soon and I`m panicking!

Hope somebody can help - thanks Val

Mornin all! Now, forgive me if I`m being a bit thick........................when we get our visa, will there be an amount of time by which we have to go to Oz to validate? If so, how long? Once validated, can we come back here and sort out our affairs etc and once all that is taken care of , do we then go and live there?

Sorry for being so vague about all this but our agent isnt replying to our emails or returning our calls now the application (from her point of view) is done.

We were in a rush to put in the application last July to avoid the cost going up (we didnt make it) and afterwards it all seemed too far into the future to give it much thought........................but now we have just returned from a visit, it all seems very real and very soon and I`m panicking!

Hope somebody can help - thanks Val

Unless she is doing your application for free :no: I would suggest that you tell her unless she answers your emails or phone calls you will make her name available to other CPV Poms to avoid using her.

You have a year to validate (so you may be sorted in that time) counting from the date of your meds or police check, which ever you do first (that is why it is not a good idea to them done to early). Once you validate you can then return to the UK and sort out your affairs.

You have certainly put my mind at ease Les, thank you. Houses arent selling at all around here and looking at the price of houses over there, we wont have a chance of buying our own until things improve - its very worrying. Plus we both have octogenarian parents pulling at our heart strings. Its not an easy thing to do is it!

Regards ,Val

YES, YES, YES, we have our visa, checked email at 3am this morning as couldn't sleep, and there was our grant letter. Have to work today before wine and tinny tonight!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Congratulations! Fantastic! Two more PIPS on their way! I know what you mean about the sleeping bit.

Guest sirmatt101

Congratulations folks, nearly there (actually here, to be precise!!).

Cheers

Matt

I' m just looking at the forms for the medical, just to be prepared. Just wondering if anyone had any extra vaccinations before they went to Oz. We have had all the normal ones of course, and intend to get a tetanus booster. They also mention Hepatitis B. Did anyone have this and what's it like?

I' m just looking at the forms for the medical, just to be prepared. Just wondering if anyone had any extra vaccinations before they went to Oz. We have had all the normal ones of course, and intend to get a tetanus booster. They also mention Hepatitis B. Did anyone have this and what's it like?

Sorry dont have the answers for you but can you tell me where you got the medical forms from....wouldnt hurt to have a little peek :biggrin:

Phoebe

We had a Hepatitis B vaccination before our first holiday to Australia and later a second one that the nurse told us would see us through - meaning until we die! No side affects, it just seemed a sensible thing to do.

Someone else told me to get my mammogram X Rays (or whatever they are) to take with me, because they like to compare the last two results with current mammograms - that was much easier than I thought, just rang up the unit, they put them in the post with an invoice.

Julie

They also mention Hepatitis B. Did anyone have this and what's it like?

G'Day

Hep B vaccination is worth having almost as a standard by any traveller, particularly if visiting less-developed parts of the world, including most of South-East Asia, as it's a nasty that can be transmitted by contact with blood or blood products as well as sexually (just like HIV in fact, but it's actually about 100 times more infectious). You might not expect to have such contact, but accidents (I mean real ones – on the road, for example) can happen, and a high proportion of people in many countries are carriers.

It's worth having the combined Hep A + B vaccine (Hep A is transmitted by food and water) – quite expensive, but well worth the peace of mind.

(Incidentally, Australia is, I believe, one of the countries where Hep B vaccination is part of the routine childhood shots.)

Best, Mike

G'Day

(Incidentally, Australia is, I believe, one of the countries where Hep B vaccination is part of the routine childhood shots.)

Best, Mike

Yes it is, the parents have to decide if they want their baby to have the Hep B + Vit K at birth, and their childhood shots include the Hep B, my daughter has been asked to decide now as she is due in 6 weeks (ish) :cute:

Phoebe