Guest guest36187

Guest sirmatt101
Great to hear from you Matt, so far so good. Can't believe we've been here 3 months already. Good luck with the interview - they're quite hard to get so that's a start.

Best wishes

Steve

Cheers Steve, 3 months is a long time, our 3 weeks feels like months!

I forgot to mention the house we rented is on top of a hill and on stilts, can't be too careful!!:biglaugh:

Cheers

Matt

Cheers Steve, 3 months is a long time, our 3 weeks feels like months!

I forgot to mention the house we rented is on top of a hill and on stilts, can't be too careful!!:biglaugh:

Cheers

Matt

Sounds sort of cat5-cyclone-exposed Matt. But I'm with you there; I prefer levelling wind to flood anyday.....

Guest sirmatt101
I guess the Pole Dancing course was full? :twitcy:

Unfortunately it was Les!

Houses of ill repute are legal in Queensland and the other day my OH was reading the job adverts and came across a position (pun) for a receptionist in one. Our daughter was horrified when the OH had her going that she had sent her resume in!!:shocked:

Cheers

Matt

Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks for your enquiry. Yes, it is possible to switch from subclass

173 to subclass 143, provided that your parent visa application for

temporary residence under subclass 173 has not entered its final stage of

processing.

You will need to provide a new completed Form 47PA and a new completed Form

40 plus a new first visa application fee (AUD$1,735.00). New documents

will be required only if the validity of the documents you submitted with

your existing parent visa application has expired.

Please do not reply to the sender of this email as you will receive no

response. All email enquiries must be directed to: parents@immi.gov.au

You may also make enquiries via telephone by calling 1300 652 421 (if you

are calling from Australia) or by calling 61 1300 652 421 (if you are

calling from overseas).

Parent visa applications or any related document must be posted to:

Parent Visa Centre

Locked Bag 7

Northbridge WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

Hi all,

The above is the reply I received from the Parent Visa Centre this morning. Not too happy about the extra fee butr at tleast we now know it do-able! Will give it some thought and hope this helps Mike and Sue! Regards Val

........................plus a new first visa application fee (AUD$1,735.00)....

Typical. And when you get out here it sometimes feels as though you can't sneeze without being charged for it. The exchange rate does of course make it all feel a bit OTT, but you should at least get credit for your previous application fee on the basis that PVC has done no work to speak of. But then in government, who ever related productivity to income?

Thanks for the information Val, as the question has come up before.

Best wishes

Steve

...................................you should at least get credit for your previous application fee

Dear Sanch

Dont know if I`ve done the right thing or not but I have sent them another email asking them to waive the additional fee on the basis that they couldnt possibly have spent any time on my application yet!

They might pull mine out now and stick at the bottom of the pile! I`m annoyed with Oz at the moment. Just had my credit card bill and 9 trips on a toll road have cost me over £25! They certainly get you every which way!

Will keep you posted!

Regards, Val

...................................you should at least get credit for your previous application fee

Dear Sanch

Dont know if I`ve done the right thing or not but I have sent them another email asking them to waive the additional fee on the basis that they couldnt possibly have spent any time on my application yet!

It's got to be worth a try :biggrin: as we say in this neck of the woods 'shy bairns get nowt' :tongue:

Phoebe

It's got to be worth a try :biggrin: as we say in this neck of the woods 'shy bairns get nowt'

Hi Phoebe

I think I must be having a ranting day today. My daughter`s mother and father in law have just arrived in Oz and they are playing with my granddaughter and I am here in the UK and jealous as hell. I think I ought to have a glass of something strong to calm myself.

We`ll be there soon enough! Val

It's got to be worth a try :biggrin: as we say in this neck of the woods 'shy bairns get nowt'

Hi Phoebe

I think I must be having a ranting day today. My daughter`s mother and father in law have just arrived in Oz and they are playing with my granddaughter and I am here in the UK and jealous as hell. I think I ought to have a glass of something strong to calm myself.

We`ll be there soon enough! Val

I know that feeling and makes me feel guilty because my SIL mam is really nice woman :yes:

Phoebe

Dear Sanch

They might pull mine out now and stick at the bottom of the pile! I`m annoyed with Oz at the moment. Just had my credit card bill and 9 trips on a toll road have cost me over £25! They certainly get you every which way!

Will keep you posted!

Regards, Val

Good for you! It's a very reasonable request in the 'normal' world, and although you know what the response will be, it's good to occupy the moral high ground for a bit.

And of course if we ask nicely - because the people answering our questions don't make the silly rules - the person at the other end may at least understand why the rule is queried. And will be a better person for it. And go on to become prime minister and make Australia and the world a fairer place for all....

Oh all right. Not going to happen is it?

:daydreaming:

I know that feeling and makes me feel guilty because my SIL mam is really nice woman :yes:

Phoebe

So is Karen but it still hurts like hell! The Baby is doing stuff now that she didnt do when we were there. Suppose I`ll get over it eventually - I know I`m being childish!

night night! Val

Good for you! It's a very reasonable request in the 'normal' world, and although you know what the response will be, it's good to occupy the moral high ground for a bit.

And of course if we ask nicely - because the people answering our questions don't make the silly rules - the person at the other end may at least understand why the rule is queried. And will be a better person for it. And go on to become prime minister and make Australia and the world a fairer place for all....

:daydreaming:

Well we are all taking a HUGE leap of faith.....so maybe.......just maybe..... one day..............:wink:

Phoebe

Dear Sanch

Will keep you posted!

Regards, Val

What gets me about the toll roads is how my Sat Nav asks such a convoluted question....something along the lines of: Do you want your route to avoid not going on toll roads?

Julie

Dear Sanch

Will keep you posted!

Regards, Val

G'Day

What they don't say is whether or not you keep your place in the queue. If not, it's hardly worth it if you're going to get a CO in a few months.

Best Mike

Unfortunately it was Les!

Houses of ill repute are legal in Queensland and the other day my OH was reading the job adverts and came across a position (pun) for a receptionist in one. Our daughter was horrified when the OH had her going that she had sent her resume in!!:shocked:

Cheers

Matt

G'Day

The Sydney Morning Herald Commercial Property section sometimes has an ad for a brothel!!

Mike

Hi again, Just read the reply to my request for waiving the additional fee: They say they will only waive the fee if the original application was for a subclass 103 and this had to have been lodged before 27 June 2003!

Quelle Surprise!!!

Val

G'Day

The Sydney Morning Herald Commercial Property section sometimes has an ad for a brothel!!

Mike

I wonder if you would qualify for this Visa if you bought the business?:biglaugh:

Business Visit Visa Options

Business visitor visas are for business people to visit Australia for business purposes, for example, to attend a conference or training session, to conduct business with an Australia-based organisation, to conduct business negotiations or for an exploratory business visit.

Business activities do not include acting, musical performances or commercial film making.

Guest sirmatt101

I`m annoyed with Oz at the moment. Just had my credit card bill and 9 trips on a toll road have cost me over £25! They certainly get you every which way!

Will keep you posted!

Regards, Val

Not as annoyed as you will be when you go through some of the potholes in the UK roads. At least the tolls here go towards fixing the roads, not towards everything else!

Cheers

Matt

I`m annoyed with Oz at the moment. Just had my credit card bill and 9 trips on a toll road have cost me over £25! They certainly get you every which way!

Will keep you posted!

Regards, Val

Not as annoyed as you will be when you go through some of the potholes in the UK roads. At least the tolls here go towards fixing the roads, not towards everything else!

Cheers

Matt

Oh Matt, Dont get me started on this shambles of a country! We should start a whole new thread on that subject! Val :arghh:

Cheers

Matt

Oh Matt, Dont get me started on this shambles of a country! We should start a whole new thread on that subject! Val :arghh:

:nah: lets stay positive shall we.................we all know this country is well and truley :Randy-git:

Phoebe

What gets me about the toll roads is how my Sat Nav asks such a convoluted question....something along the lines of: Do you want your route to avoid not going on toll roads?

Julie

Not as bad as the London congestion charge,the toll on the M6,and the repairs to wheels tyres and exhausts from bad roads and speed humps,

cheers Mike.

Typical. And when you get out here it sometimes feels as though you can't sneeze without being charged for it. The exchange rate does of course make it all feel a bit OTT, but you should at least get credit for your previous application fee on the basis that PVC has done no work to speak of. But then in government, who ever related productivity to income?

Thanks for the information Val, as the question has come up before.

Best wishes

Steve

Yes, we were not too happy about having to pay another initial VAC when we switched from the 103 to the 173. Also not happy having to redo all the forms again, especially as it's exactly the same form except you just tick a different box at the first question asking which visa you are applying for!