Guest guest36187

Great news! What additional paperwork did they request if nothing personal?

Form 80 for each of us and as our son turned 18 since we applied we have to send copious evidence to prove he is still dependant - no prob there as we pay everything for him - just reams of documentation we were not expecting. Plus asked for uk police check for our son who hasn't been in uk since just turned 16 so only got Australian police check done as been here at school or on working holiday visa. We have uk and Australian police checks for ourselves. We actually don't think we can even get uk police check for him as was so young! Still wading through Kim

Guest geordie joe
Finally contact made by Immi asking for additional documents this afternoon. My foot is in that doorway now Kim

Great news Kim,

Finally contact made by Immi asking for additional documents this afternoon. My foot is in that doorway now Kim

Hi Kim

whoop whoop, good luck with the extra paperwork, almost there.........come on IMMI keep moving even it is only a little bit!

Julie

Arrived in Perth last fantastic door to door journey with Emirates. This morning bank debit cards collected with no problems and now about to pay AOS!

Glad you had a good flight and have arrived safely - bet you wish you were here!!

Just a question to those who have now got bored waiting or who have no or little alternative, like us, and lodged an application for the 12 month e600 visa.

What time frame did you get grant in and was the procedure complex for you or straightforward?

Cheers

Steve

Hello Parents in the waiting room,

Have to say that I am feeling quite encouraged that the processing date moved forward 2 days and that Kim has been contacted by a CO. Even if IMMI don't grant anymore visas until after 1st July 16 it would appear that they are still processing up to pre grant stage. My biggest fear was that they would just stop all progress and not start again until 1st July. Thank you IMMI!

Julie

Hello Parents in the waiting room,

Have to say that I am feeling quite encouraged that the processing date moved forward 2 days and that Kim has been contacted by a CO. Even if IMMI don't grant anymore visas until after 1st July 16 it would appear that they are still processing up to pre grant stage. My biggest fear was that they would just stop all progress and not start again until 1st July. Thank you IMMI!

Julie[/quote

I'm assuming it's the same scenario as this - my daughter's stepdaughter was told her visa wouldn't make into that particular financial year but that it was all ok and she would get it in the new financial year, and that's exactly what happened. That was 4 years ago, and obviously not in the parent category, but it means they do carry on with the processing, they just can't issue until the start of the new financial year. So anybody in that situation really can relax and just wait - it's only another 7 weeks or so. If it were me, I'd say to myself "Ok, let's party now - even if a little early".

Hi Alan

looks like you have got off to a great start in Perth. If you don't mind me asking how long has it taken to arrange the AOS? Only another 6 more processing days for IMMI get to you!

Julie

Hi Julie, from my son going to centre link, to paying the AOS it has taken 4 weeks, but that includes a delay due to circumstances his end, but now done, fingers crossed everything is lined up for IMMI to assess.

Just a question to those who have now got bored waiting or who have no or little alternative, like us, and lodged an application for the 12 month e600 visa.

What time frame did you get grant in and was the procedure complex for you or straightforward?

Cheers

Steve

Procedure very easy online application, grant came through in 5 days! You can enter the country up to 12 months from when granted, and stay for up to 12 months.

Northern beaches peninsula where we live is now an island as 11m swell has flooded exit to mainland. Electricity out all around us so likely to lose power soon. Going to be a long night Kim

Hope you have survived without too much damage, are you on the way up to Palm Beach? Lovely area.

Sue

Hope you have survived without too much damage, are you on the way up to Palm Beach? Lovely area.

Sue

Hi. We are in Newport 10 mins from Palm beach and 15 mins from colleroy where our fav restaurant there was partially washed out to sea. We are on hill facing Pittwater and Scotland island and fortunately had some shelter. Just opened some more roads today but clearing up will take a while longer. Houses below us flooded out and we had lovely waterfall in garden which fortunately missed house. Another King tide in couple of hours and waves still about 5 to 10 m when we passed colleroy earlier today. Poor Tassie getting it now. Fingers crossed no more lives are lost Kim

Hi Kim , Thinking of all of you affected by the storms it sounds horrendous. You live in a beautiful spot we have been to the restaurant/shop at Church point, at least I think thats what it is called, one of our favourite spots, also the cafes in Newport. We are likely to go a bit further north from you due to house prices as we are passed retirement age. Possibly Avoca or Brisbane water, we need to be under an hour from Berowra Heights and would like views, any tips? we hope to be there next year but who knows with an unknown number of applicants each year.

Sue

Hi @nyorksgrannie. I know exactly which restaurant you mean. If you had looked to your right whilst facing sea there and looked about 3/4 up the hill in the middle then that's us! Nice to of someone coming my way as many of my fellow waiting room inmates are Perth bound. House prices are horrendous here so are renting as we have got investment properties still in uk that can cover this. It has been nice 'testing' house here without actually committing money to buy. We live in a modern 'thunderbirds' style house which I could never have imagined and love it. We want to build something but until visa granted we just don't want to commit to as quite different to uk in terms of buying and we want to be confident we know what we are doing. When out here come visit as any fellow parent welcome as we have all suffered the same pain!!! Kim

Hope all is still ok @Skeelsy

We have had a full bank holiday weekend here in Perth, and have been cruising around the area, looking at different places we might want to settle in, and had 2 viewings today North of Perth, around the Joondalup area. The estate agent pictures sure are different to the actual places though! Coldest day in Perth in the last five years today too! Typical :wink:

Hi @nyorksgrannie. I know exactly which restaurant you mean. If you had looked to your right whilst facing sea there and looked about 3/4 up the hill in the middle then that's us! Nice to of someone coming my way as many of my fellow waiting room inmates are Perth bound. House prices are horrendous here so are renting as we have got investment properties still in uk that can cover this. It has been nice 'testing' house here without actually committing money to buy. We live in a modern 'thunderbirds' style house which I could never have imagined and love it. We want to build something but until visa granted we just don't want to commit to as quite different to uk in terms of buying and we want to be confident we know what we are doing. When out here come visit as any fellow parent welcome as we have all suffered the same pain!!! Kim

We would also prefer to build if we can find land or knock down, we will hve to rent to start with, as regards the pain I fear we have more to come as our date gets nearer, good luck with yours you will be relieved when you can look for house/land - not long now!

Hopee the worst is over now. We were watching footage from Colleroy on the news and it looked horrendous. We love that area too, having had a month in a house swap in Avalon a couple of years ago ... But are put off not only by prices but by the journey into Sydney. Our daughter lives in the inner west so we'd be looking at a potential journey over of a couple of hours. Shame, I'd love to on the a northern beaches.