Guest guest36187

Hello everybody ,

I am unable to view the visa tracker website , which many forum members usually Visit and update. Is it only me or does anyone else experiencing such issues browsing this site? Just curious , because No one has any idea how long parents need to 'lodge in the waiting room' . At a speed of about 3 days worth of applications processed a week, the 103 visa applicants might overtake the 143/174s .

Judy.

Edited by Bear2015

Hello everybody ,

I am unable to view the visa tracker website , which many forum members usually Visit and update. Is it only me or does anyone else experiencing such issues browsing this site? Just curious , because No one has any idea how long parents need to 'lodge in the waiting room' . At a speed of about 3 days worth of applications processed a week, the 103 visa applicants might overtake the 143/174s .

Judy.

Hi Judy

as you say at the speed of applications processed 103 applicants might overtake 143s. If I'd have known were going to be so bad I'd have applied on my 21st birthday and that's a very long time ago!!!!

Until IMMI can clear the backlog it looks like we are all in for a very long wait, it will be interesting to see how they forecast the processing times over the next few months, 2 years plus? 3 years? The 143 is not starting look value for money.

Julie

Hi Amanda

hope you had a good few days in London and that the meds went OK. Here's hoping that the date keeps edging forwards and that very soon they will be into June applications!

Julie

Hi Julie, London was great thanks :-) yep, June is not far away now! Well, June 2016 anyway! I think we'll see a bigger jump this week/living in that hope. We know we can't grant until after 1 July now but it'd be great to be able to get the ball rolling with a CO before then. Hope you're enjoying the long weekend! We've had sunshine here right through so enjoying that for now.

Amanda

I really want my mom to exit the waiting room. It's so close. Does anyone know if the Parent Visa Centre sends a receipt to acknowledge they have received the 2nd VAC before they approve it? We got the request for the 2nd VAC and I sent it away the next morning registered express post (waste of money with Australia Post as it took two days to get there in any case). My tracking number showed that they received it Thursday the 26th. Just as a watched pot never boils, a watched email account never gets any email. :laugh:

I really want my mom to exit the waiting room. It's so close. Does anyone know if the Parent Visa Centre sends a receipt to acknowledge they have received the 2nd VAC before they approve it? We got the request for the 2nd VAC and I sent it away the next morning registered express post (waste of money with Australia Post as it took two days to get there in any case). My tracking number showed that they received it Thursday the 26th. Just as a watched pot never boils, a watched email account never gets any email. :laugh:

Hi

you really have had hard time with Immi not responding to you. I can't answer your question as I am 23 May and they are processing up to 21 May so STILL waiting!! I would be really interested to hear how long they take to acknowledge and of course hoping your mum gets granted soon Kim

hi Trevncrys

We had a similar experience - got the request, paid through Australia post bill pay the following morning and heard nothing for two weeks. As we were onshore and had to fly to New Zealand before the visa could be issued, I got w bit worried and emailed them to ask had they had the money and was everything in order. They replied that it was and the visa was issued the day we arrived in New Zealand.

This has to be the most expensive thing weve ever bought and not had a receipt for!!!!!

Guest Petina

Belated congratulations Maisie! Have just read that you have been granted the visa and are now in Oz. Sounds like you are enjoying the life out here - great isn't it? Have sent you a PM. Hope to meet up sometime - we need to crack open that bottle of champers!!

Petina

Thanks Skeelsy, Fisher, and Alan for the replies. It's interesting as I've seen a few people say they paid with the Australia Post bill pay option, but that was not an option they gave us. Bank Cheque or Credit Card seemed to be the only options. I will be sure and let everyone know as soon as we hear. Also all of the correspondence we've received talks about the limited place numbers and how if they reach capacity, no new visas will be issued until July 1st.

So am I right in thinking then that anyone paying their 2nd vacs from now have no guarantee of a place before 1st July meaning Immi has a potential of over 2 million dollars worth of bank interest - my maths includes guesstimates - for our money sitting in there account for up to a month and payee doesn't have benefit of their visa. Once 2nd vac paid is there a period of time there must issue grant - I had vague recollection of being 7 working days? Kim

So am I right in thinking then that anyone paying their 2nd vacs from now have no guarantee of a place before 1st July meaning Immi has a potential of over 2 million dollars worth of bank interest - my maths includes guesstimates - for our money sitting in there account for up to a month and payee doesn't have benefit of their visa. Once 2nd vac paid is there a period of time there must issue grant - I had vague recollection of being 7 working days? Kim

Management of the visa program at this time of year can mean that there is a delay of a week or 3 in visas being granted - and yes, I'm sure that means some CPV applicants will have paid their 2nd VACs with a wait until early July for visa grant.

Best regards.

Management of the visa program at this time of year can mean that there is a delay of a week or 3 in visas being granted - and yes, I'm sure that means some CPV applicants will have paid their 2nd VACs with a wait until early July for visa grant.

Best regards.

Thanks @Alan Collett you are always so helpful. So there's no stipulation as to when they have to grant after received money? At moment are saying places are limited. Would you know if they will say at some point now all places allocated or will they leave you in suspense. We are 23 May and as up to 21 we are hoping to get a case officer soon and as we are onshore are we expected to pay up and then leave and wait maybe up to a month is after 4 July. If that's the case then we might as well leave payment after request until last moment so need only go offshore for short hop!! Kim

Thanks @Alan Collett you are always so helpful. So there's no stipulation as to when they have to grant after received money? At moment are saying places are limited. Would you know if they will say at some point now all places allocated or will they leave you in suspense. We are 23 May and as up to 21 we are hoping to get a case officer soon and as we are onshore are we expected to pay up and then leave and wait maybe up to a month is after 4 July. If that's the case then we might as well leave payment after request until last moment so need only go offshore for short hop!! Kim

I think the PVC will want to give already assessed applications a chance of being one of the 2015/16 program - so I doubt they will progress any 143/173 applications lodged beyond 21/05/2014 until the start of the 2016/17 program year, and particularly not if an applicant is onshore where there is a need to be offshore for visa grant.

=> Though I may of course be wrong I would not expect to hear anything from the PVC until July.

Best regards.

I think the PVC will want to give already assessed applications a chance of being one of the 2015/16 program - so I doubt they will progress any 143/173 applications lodged beyond 21/05/2014 until the start of the 2016/17 program year, and particularly not if an applicant is onshore where there is a need to be offshore for visa grant.

=> Though I may of course be wrong I would not expect to hear anything from the PVC until July.

Best regards.

Thanks @Alan Collett. Totally respect concept that earlier applicants get places. However, in past 2 months PVC only taken on equivalent of 3.5 weeks of applications which I doubt is not that likely to be particularly large in volume until after 13 May 2014 when it was announced there was to be changes to parent visa and any increase was definitely mostly likely after 2 June. Therefore, even if we assume these weeks were more than double I can't see how they still can cover the places from April to June and even if they did then if PVC doesn't start processing now they will not have sufficient processed to cover July quotas. If they don't give us a case officer soon being part of next batch and as many will not have HAP no or AOS then will be at least a month before anyone can progress to 2nd VACs. Maybe there is a third party involved here - aliens from Mars are being given priority parent visas as there is a population of Martians living here in Australia wanting their parents to move here as too far too travel for visits - hence the priority - just a thought as can't seem to see too many parents from planet Earth progressing through. If you look at the immigration stats for 2013/14 apparently the number of contributory parent places fell by nearly half compared to year before and has been decreasing over last 5 years and number of places being offered has increased. Just doesn't make sense. Kim

Hi Kim.

If it isn't a statement of the obvious, application submissions and processing of the same do not take place at a constant rate throughout the year.

I therefore wouldn't try to draw conclusions, particularly at this time of year when there is a need for PVC staff to manage the program to hit visa numbers for 2015/16 announced a year ago.

As an aside I note that onshore 864/884 applications have moved from 30 June 2015 to 21 August 2015 in just over 7 weeks.

Best regards.

A day in London to see Jersey Boys then this time tomorrow we will be off! It sure zooms up on you the closer the date booked for flights gets closer!

Great choice for show we really enjoyed it, just flown back with Emirates good comfortable flight. Hope all goes well with your journey and good luck for your future life in WA . Lorraine

Thanks for the thanks! Jersey Boys was indeed a top choice to watch. Pity the same couldn't be said for the railways, with cancelled trains and delays, but now back at the hotel, last minute packing changes, before being picked up at 9.30am tomorrow. Right now, who gives a fig for the visa process? That sentiment will change early next week, I'm sure. See you on the other side people :cute: