Guest guest36187

Hands up all those in the waiting room, if you think you might be suffering from this? A chuckle for Monday, hoping that IMMI will have put the auto responder message back on tomorrow :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33383[/ATTACH]

That'll be right! :laugh:

Hands up all those in the waiting room, if you think you might be suffering from this? A chuckle for Monday, hoping that IMMI will have put the auto responder message back on tomorrow :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33383[/ATTACH]

How did you get hold of my medical records!!

Just down the road in Witham would you believe it! my other half s waiting for sponsored 457 lots of interest from BMW dealership but because we can't be ready to move because of our cats until October they can't commit yet but his time is running out as he's 50 this year. If that doesn't pan out then the CPV route as my son lives in Melbourne and can sponser us. Are you going out for work or family or retirement?

Hi

Not far from us at all.

We're going out for family and lifestyle and need to find some work.

Hi Steve, Obviously forgot to put on forum. Much to my surprise my visa was granted in February. At the end everything was very quick. I was one of the lucky ones and had my HAP number at the beginning. Had my medical in November and I was advised to get a letter from my oncologist to take with me. It included diagnosis, where I was with the treatment and what was the prognosis. Also what Tests would I need for the next five years. It was sent to immi and it then went quiet. Went to Australia for christmas and while I was there CO was allocated the request was received for AOS, and police check. AOS was really easy and was completed before I came home. Police check had to be completed before the 5th January, however not home until the 4th so my agent e-mailed immi and explained. I had to pay for the quick turn around, and send the certificate of postage to my agent. Response was quick and police check sent to immi on the 9th January. Request for 2nd VAC was received and luckily I signed for my son to be able to sign on my Australian bank account. This was the quickest part the chq was sent registered and was signed for at 10:00am on the 9th February and my visa was granted before 12:00. I fly out on the 26th June to Adelaide. I haven't seen anyone else on the forum going to Adelaide. I really didn't think I would get a visa straight away. It did take 24 months. Acknowledgement was 10th February 2014 and granted on the 9th February 2016.

Sorry it rambles on that's chemo brain for you.

Best wishes

Glynis

Hi

That's absolutely brilliant news, I'm so very pleased for you.

And you're not rambling, your story will be an inspiration to us all.

Very best of luck

Steve

Trying to think of something polite to say about it, but I can't so I shall say nothing!!

Hanging a positive slant on things, maybe to keep in line with the 23 months statement, IMMI could afford a 2 week lull, and they will pick up those nearing the allocation of a case officer, with May 2014 dates, over the next week or so.....

Hanging a positive slant on things, maybe to keep in line with the 23 months statement, IMMI could afford a 2 week lull, and they will pick up those nearing the allocation of a case officer, with May 2014 dates, over the next week or so.....

As I am 23 May I should have had a Case Officer 3 days ago to be in line with "up to 23 months'. We couldn't hold our tongue any more so have sent an email to immi asking for some indication as they have gone over 23 months in our case. @Val Tibenham is 2 days in front of me and in same boat Kim

As I am 23 May I should have had a Case Officer 3 days ago to be in line with "up to 23 months'. We couldn't hold our tongue any more so have sent an email to immi asking for some indication as they have gone over 23 months in our case. @Val Tibenham is 2 days in front of me and in same boat Kim

Good luck if they answer it would be nice to see what they say. As for ValTibenham, her signature says applied May 2015...

Hi. I will be watching your updates like a hawk as you are only 2 days ahead of me.

Nooo - you're the year ahead of me, I lodged May 2015.

I'm just eager for progress, firstly for those nearly at the door like yourself :smile:,

and also so that I know what sort of time I am looking at to work something out for myself, I won't have a valid visa after November 2016 :sad:

Hi

Good luck I hope you get a positive reply.

I reckon they'll say that due to unprecedented applications during May/June 2014 that progress will be slow for a while - I really hope that I'm wrong.

We're fed up waiting so have booked flights for 19 July in the hope that our timing and everything else works out.

All the best

Steve

Hi

Good luck I hope you get a positive reply.

I reckon they'll say that due to unprecedented applications during May/June 2014 that progress will be slow for a while - I really hope that I'm wrong.

We're fed up waiting so have booked flights for 19 July in the hope that our timing and everything else works out.

All the best

Steve

Good on yer Steve! Thats what we have ended up doing, so in 5 weeks we travel, and have now started to look at likely destinations to jump off and back on again. e-visitor visa being purchased later today, for our initial journey. We are staying in Lockridge with our son, we already have a car waiting for us out there, so we thought we would rather continue waiting out there than here.

I don't recognise 'the concept of "civic status."

Your liability to tax in Australia as a tax resident of Australia is a function of when you move to Australia with the intention of living there.

Have a look at ATO Ruling 98/17 for more details (Google: ATO Ruling 98/17).

Best regards.

Thanks for the link to this ruling, Alan. I have looked at it and tried to make sense of it! Certainly useful info to have both for me and other users of this forum and not something which can be explained in a two or three line message! I presume that linking in to Medicare will have the same sort of principles re residency?

Angela

Hi all

Arrived today and now sat here in our hotel room in Wellington, NZ. My phone has just beeped and our Agents have emailed me to say we have been granted our 143 :wink:. So with an enormous Wooooohoooo!!!! Maisie has left the waiting room.

Good luck to all those still keeping the seats warm, hopefully you'll all get the email you've been waiting so long for really soon.

maisie

Hi all

Arrived today and now sat here in our hotel room in Wellington, NZ. My phone has just beeped and our Agents have emailed me to say we have been granted our 143 :wink:. So with an enormous Wooooohoooo!!!! Maisie has left the waiting room.

Good luck to all those still keeping the seats warm, hopefully you'll all get the email you've been waiting so long for really soon.

maisie

Oh my goodness - what wonderful news for you Maisie. Have a safe trip back to the Lucky Country and keep us all in your thoughts.

Hi all

maisie

Hi Maisie

well was that you just super charging through the waiting room door, whoosh and you were gone.

many congratulations, at least we know IMMI are doing something today!

Julie

Thanks for the link to this ruling, Alan. I have looked at it and tried to make sense of it! Certainly useful info to have both for me and other users of this forum and not something which can be explained in a two or three line message! I presume that linking in to Medicare will have the same sort of principles re residency?

Angela

Congrats!!

Hi all

maisie

I know that feeling! congratulations Maisie, enjoy New Zealand!

Hi all

maisie

Brilliant news - so pleased for you!!

Good on yer Steve! Thats what we have ended up doing, so in 5 weeks we travel, and have now started to look at likely destinations to jump off and back on again. e-visitor visa being purchased later today, for our initial journey. We are staying in Lockridge with our son, we already have a car waiting for us out there, so we thought we would rather continue waiting out there than here.

Hi Alan

We'll be in Joondalup to start with.