Guest guest36187

Hi Steve

unfortunately the place we usually stay at in Mt Martha is also fully booked, not having a lot of luck at the moment

Sorry to hear that you may loose your land. These delays are so frustrating we have no control over anything.

think we are going to go to Spain for a couple of weeks, it's cheaper and with the exchange rate being so bad we need to economise and a trip off shore in Oz is not something we fancy shortly after a 24 hour flight to Oz.

I know it will all come right in the end but at the moment just having a bad day.

Julie

Sorry if anyone has taken offence against my comment, I only knew it was yet another public holiday in Oz, not that it was Anzac Day! Of course it s an important day.

julie

Hi Julie, no offence taken, just showing off as trying to get "Oziyfied' learning dates and events special to the Australians.

Hi Steve

unfortunately the place we usually stay at in Mt Martha is also fully booked, not having a lot of luck at the moment

Sorry to hear that you may loose your land. These delays are so frustrating we have no control over anything.

think we are going to go to Spain for a couple of weeks, it's cheaper and with the exchange rate being so bad we need to economise and a trip off shore in Oz is not something we fancy shortly after a 24 hour flight to Oz.

I know it will all come right in the end but at the moment just having a bad day.

Julie

Julie, remember as each day passes, be they good or bad, the day we all dream off is forever closer! But I know where your coming from!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I'll definitely let you know how things are going.

Looking for somewhere to live now!!!! Bank balance looked so much better last week before I paid that last VAC :confused:

maisie

The bank balance may have looked so much better last week, but how much brighter is the future?? Gotta be worth it :wink:

Hi Steve

Julie

Something will turn up Julie trust me. Just when you think nothing is happening, it all happens at once.

Keep smiling nice lady

maisie

Hi good people

Great big Woooohoooo!!!! Just had notification that PVC have received the final vac from us and will be granting our visa once we've left to go to NZ on Tuesday.

I've vacated my seat and I'm stood at the waiting room door with my foot in it ready to go. Shuffle up everyone :wink: I'll let you all know when we get the word that it's done.

maisie

So pleased for you Maisie, I hope the next few steps go smoothly!

As each day dawns, and still no case officer, we are beginning to resign ourselves to having to go 'offshore' after we arrive in Perth on 2nd June, to comply with the regulations around the 143 Visa. Does anyone know if going on a 12 day cruise to Asia, constitutes going 'offshore'?

Has anyone else done this? Just curious :daydreaming:

I can ask my MA, but wondered if anyone else had done this.

Hi Alan, Cruise doesn't cut it for leaving the country. You don't have to do all the passport and immigration stuff at destination countries. We looked into this for another purpose. Cheers KS

Congratulations Maisie . Exciting times ahead .

We have applied for a 12 month visa to allow us to spend our waiting time in Oz .

Hubby decided to book our flights last weekend while I was away but I'm now really really worried as he only booked one way . Does anyone know if this will cause us a problem when arriving . We can show proof of funds but this is just another thing to worry about now.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, we are going out in October but not due (hopefully) to get our visa until January. We have booked a return with Singapore airlines as there wasn't much in it and you can move the return part to later in the year if you need to come back for anything. We just thought it would be safer to have a return ticket but I don't know if this really matters. Hope this helps. Kathy

Hi Alan, Cruise doesn't cut it for leaving the country. You don't have to do all the passport and immigration stuff at destination countries. We looked into this for another purpose. Cheers KS

Hi Kath, thanks for the info, just had this confirmed also.....looks like a flight somewhere instead

Hi Lisa, we are going out in October but not due (hopefully) to get our visa until January. We have booked a return with Singapore airlines as there wasn't much in it and you can move the return part to later in the year if you need to come back for anything. We just thought it would be safer to have a return ticket but I don't know if this really matters. Hope this helps. Kathy

Hi Kathy.

I'm worried sick now so going to see if I can change booking to return which I'm sure I can but obviously need to pay the difference and whatever charges too .

We are going out late October and visa grant due in June.

Thanks for reply

Lisa

Hi Kathy.

I'm worried sick now so going to see if I can change booking to return which I'm sure I can but obviously need to pay the difference and whatever charges too .

We are going out late October and visa grant due in June.

Thanks for reply

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I am in a similar position, going out Nov on e600, until CPV granted hopefully mid 2017. I was advised by Flight Centre who I booked my flights with to book return, they reckon that immigration at airport can be quite tight, why would you not need a return ticket if you are just visiting. I don't want to give them any excuse to refuse entry. Also as Kathy said the difference in cost is minimal.

Bev.

In a similar situation myself - you can apply while you are here in Australia, your 457 will remain valid, either until it expires or your 143 visa is granted. You do need to go offshore when the 143 is ready to be granted, a quick trip to New Zealand or similar is all that is required.

Am i right in thinking the first payment for 2 is around $5000. then the second big one is near completion as a cost of $43.600 each adult ??Do you know when they ask for the BOND ?

Am i right in thinking the first payment for 2 is around $5000. then the second big one is near completion as a cost of $43.600 each adult ??Do you know when they ask for the BOND ?

Just a little under the AUD$5000 for the first VAC for 2 people, the 2nd VAC for 1 person is AUD$43600, not sure of the charge for2nd person for the second VAC. The bond is usually requested after you are allocated a case officer and shortly before the 2nd VAC payment is due and visa granted.

Morning Alan

humph, this silly o'clock is driving me mad. Ever since we exchanged contracts on the house I've been up at 4 or 5 am. Just occasionally I get the luxury of 6am. Must be my mind trying to switch me to Ozzie time!

Hoping for a late May processing date so that next week it might possibly be approaching June 14 for me!

Julie