Guest guest36187

hi Guys,

Recently I've got my PR granted after 5 long years of waiting but finally it pay off when I received the good news.

Next is to migrate my mum over here, she has 3 children and both I and my brother (aust citizen) are Australia resident now, so that makes my mum eligible to apply for the parent contributory program.

my question:

- is it better to go through with an agent? will it speed things up?

- if we apply now is the waiting list still up to 2 years of waiting?

- while waiting for her PR can she remain in Australia till visa granted?

- for the the lump sum payment, do you pay the dept when the visa is granted or when submitting the application during initial stage?

Looking forward hearing from you guys, thanks.

Hi, my answer is similar to the one @Fisher1 has already given, in so far as, we have used an agent, and have a simple application we think, but chose to use a MARA agent. The reason mainly are, we cant be bothered with paperwork and processes! (Lazy basically) So for us, to engage an agent was a no brainer. Yes people will say its an easy process, but for us, its worth paying the cash, knowing that, we wont miss part of the process, as our agent is holding our hands, and leading us.

Costs are as stated previously by @Fisher1. Timings, well these seem to be 'flexible'!! When we started the process on 30th May 2014, the timescale was suggested to be 18-24 months. However, it would now appear to be 23 months minimum.

All this said, this is the right place to ask further questions, as most people here offer some cracking advice. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this question but I do not seem to be able find the answer in other threads...

My family (wife, 2 children, myself) are Australian PR. My wife will be posted overseas for work from early 2017 for 1.5 to 2 years while I continue to work here. Due to nature of my work (occasional shift, long hours), it is actually better that my two children accompany my wife overseas.

I will meet residency requirements for citizenship mid 2017 . I understand that the citizenship applicant must be in Australia when the decision is made. Does this rule apply to children under 16 who are tagged to their parents' application?

Regards,

My Husband and I are presently on our second 457 and are over 50, we are now going to apply for CPV being as we live here on a 457 do we still have to leave the country to apply for the CPV. we are not over 65 ??

In a similar situation myself - you can apply while you are here in Australia, your 457 will remain valid, either until it expires or your 143 visa is granted. You do need to go offshore when the 143 is ready to be granted, a quick trip to New Zealand or similar is all that is required.

Hi good people

Great big Woooohoooo!!!! Just had notification that PVC have received the final vac from us and will be granting our visa once we've left to go to NZ on Tuesday.

I've vacated my seat and I'm stood at the waiting room door with my foot in it ready to go. Shuffle up everyone :wink: I'll let you all know when we get the word that it's done.

maisie

Hi good people

Great big Woooohoooo!!!! Just had notification that PVC have received the final vac from us and will be granting our visa once we've left to go to NZ on Tuesday.

I've vacated my seat and I'm stood at the waiting room door with my foot in it ready to go. Shuffle up everyone :wink: I'll let you all know when we get the word that it's done.

maisie

Great news all the best

Guest geordie joe
Hi good people

maisie

Now don't go slamming the door when you leave, some of us 2014's are likely to be napping, as we've read all the magazines and we can only send off so many test emails to the extremely hard working folks at immi.

Enjoy your trip to NZ but more so enjoy the flight back.

Joe

Hi good people

maisie

Fantastic!!!! Now leave in an orderly fashion please! Good luck

In a similar situation myself - you can apply while you are here in Australia, your 457 will remain valid, either until it expires or your 143 visa is granted. You do need to go offshore when the 143 is ready to be granted, a quick trip to New Zealand or similar is all that is required.

maisie you're going to New Zealand - we went to Auckland and had a wonderful time hopping on ferries to the various bits of the coast. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Our visa came through the morning after we arrived.

Hi good people

maisie

Fantastic inspiring news - the very best of luck with your new life and enjoy New Zealand!!

Steve

Hi good people

maisie

Fantastic!!! Don't forget us though, keep advising and updating please . Good luck in your new future.

Hi good people

maisie

Hi Maisie

could I ask.....did they request form 80?

thanks Bev

Hi good people

maisie

Fantastic news Maisie - hope you enjoy New Zealand but celebrate your entry to Australia :jiggy:

For everyone else in the waiting room - move up a chair and give anyone snoozing a nudge on the way :smile:

Hi good people

maisie

congratulations that must be a huge weight off your shoulders..

With only 17 days to my lodgement I actually will have a full blown tantrum followed by lots of sniffly tears which isn't a pretty sight if they don't move this week after no progress last week.

Hi

i seriously got the hump last night when I found out that next Monday is a public holiday in Oz. "That's another day they are not working on our applications"

:arghh:

Julie

Yes, but it a very important bank holiday it's ANZAC day, :wink:

Yes I agree, I think we have to put our own frustrations into context with what Anzac Day means:-

" ANZAC Day occurs on 25 April every year. On this day we honour all the men and women who have participated in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations around the world, including the ANZACs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. Incredibly, more than 100 years have passed since Australia’s involvement in the First World War"

Sobering eh?!

All the best

Steve

As each day dawns, and still no case officer, we are beginning to resign ourselves to having to go 'offshore' after we arrive in Perth on 2nd June, to comply with the regulations around the 143 Visa. Does anyone know if going on a 12 day cruise to Asia, constitutes going 'offshore'?

Has anyone else done this? Just curious :daydreaming:

I can ask my MA, but wondered if anyone else had done this.

Yes I agree, I think we have to put our own frustrations into context with what Anzac Day means:-

" ANZAC Day occurs on 25 April every year. On this day we honour all the men and women who have participated in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations around the world, including the ANZACs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. Incredibly, more than 100 years have passed since Australia’s involvement in the First World War"

Sobering eh?!

All the best

Steve

Sorry if anyone has taken offence against my comment, I only knew it was yet another public holiday in Oz, not that it was Anzac Day! Of course it s an important day.

julie

As each day dawns, and still no case officer, we are beginning to resign ourselves to having to go 'offshore' after we arrive in Perth on 2nd June, to comply with the regulations around the 143 Visa. Does anyone know if going on a 12 day cruise to Asia, constitutes going 'offshore'?

Has anyone else done this? Just curious :daydreaming:

I can ask my MA, but wondered if anyone else had done this.

Only second hand info but apparently if you are on a cruise you remain on the soil of the country you departed from ie if depart Sydney then you are on Australian soil whilst on board. We thought of same thing and didn't really look into too closely but appeared info correct so chucked idea. Kim

Hi Alan

can't see why it wouldn't.

Maisie's timeline from CO was 35 days to pre grant, so counting back on the calendar (as we have) you do need to hear pretty quickly!

if we don't hear by 12 May we are homeless and can't go to Oz either as our daughter is also between homes until early July.

no pressure IMMI!

Julie

Sorry if anyone has taken offence against my comment, I only knew it was yet another public holiday in Oz, not that it was Anzac Day! Of course it s an important day.

julie

Hi Julie

Certainly no offence taken by me, I was just trying to put our frustrations into context with the bigger picture and hoped in a strange sort of way that we'd relax a little when we compare our position to others.

On your other issue, can you not try for a holiday let over there to tide you over until your daughter is in her new home and your visa is granted?

We're considering likewise once we're over there in July as it looks like we'll now lose our land we had on hold due to the delays in visa grant and we don't want to be under the feet of our son & DIL for too long - just a thought?

All the best

Steve