Guest guest36187

Hi all

Well guess what, we finally have the letter from centrelink requesting payment of the bond woohoo! Now can anyone help me out here please. My daughter is going to the bank in her break tomorrow but nowhere on the letter does it say who the payment is made payable to!? Is it immigration, centrelink or herself? I'm trying to save her some time as he doesn't have long. Can anyone help please.

Thanx

Maisie

Hi Maisy Daisy

I've noticed your timeline of events there and they're not much different to our mother in laws who is back in the UK waiting for her case officer. She submitted her application in the 11 April 2014, has had her health checks and police checks but still no word from IMMI at all.

Any advice? I'm not sure what you can advise. Is there some way of contacting IMMI.

Hi there

I really think your mum in law should have heard something by now. We are using migration agents and we were allocated a case officer on the 18 March. You could email wa.parent@border.gov.au and ask what's happening. If anyone else on here has an alternative email address could you please add it in.

I'm so sorry you've not heard anything, we all know exactly what your going through and it's agony. I hope you get it sorted out. Please let us,all know

Maisie

I hope you receive yours very soon. It's an awful wait!!

Hi cheeky rascal

We were allocated our Case Officer on the 17 March and I believe they're now processing applications lodged 6th May and so your MIL should have been allocated a case officer by now. Is your MIL using a migration agent?

Edited by maisiedaisy
  • Like 1

Hi all

Well guess what, we finally have the letter from centrelink requesting payment of the bond woohoo! Now can anyone help me out here please. My daughter is going to the bank in her break tomorrow but nowhere on the letter does it say who the payment is made payable to!? Is it immigration, centrelink or herself? I'm trying to save her some time as he doesn't have long. Can anyone help please.

Thanx

Maisie

Well done Maisie - progress at last :yes:

Hi Moomin 13,

You are not required to take your records with you for the medical. Alan is doing this to take them to Australia with him.

Cheers

Phil

Actually, our appointment letter (Manchester clinic) said to bring paper records of any serious illness. So we took along the paper my husband had been given in 1985 outlining the nature of a cancer he had suffered four years earlier and the treatment he had received. The doctor passed this onl even though it was thirty years ago and he thought it was likely to be the only record still in existence. A different more recent health issue that we had imagined was not sufficiently serious to merit taking paperwork along triggered a request for records of the most recent test, which we then had to scan and email to the clinic after the appointment.

So if I were you, I'd take any records of anything serious along, just in case.

Actually, our appointment letter (Manchester clinic) said to bring paper records of any serious illness. So we took along the paper my husband had been given in 1985 outlining the nature of a cancer he had suffered four years earlier and the treatment he had received. The doctor passed this onl even though it was thirty years ago and he thought it was likely to be the only record still in existence. A different more recent health issue that we had imagined was not sufficiently serious to merit taking paperwork along triggered a request for records of the most recent test, which we then had to scan and email to the clinic after the appointment.

So if I were you, I'd take any records of anything serious along, just in case.

Thanks Fisher - the more info the better I guess!! :wink:

Hi all

Thanx

Maisie

Hi Maisie,

Great news :wink:

Keep marching on.

Will have to speak to our Tom but think he just did an electronic transfer whilst in branch, because he is also with Commbank.

Phil

Hi Maisie,

If she has a Commbank account then its just a case of an electronic transfer, if not then she will need a bankers cheque.

Thats info Tom has just txt me.

cheers

Phil

Thanx Phil, you're a diamond

Is the bankers cheque made out to centrelink would you know?

Maisie

Maisie

Hi Maisie

Tom is uncertain because he had a Commbank account, so didn't enquire about the other options. A call to the Commbank branch she is going into should sort it.

cheers

Phil

Hi all

Thanx

Maisie

Great news Maisie - progress at last!!:laugh:

Maisie

Hi Maisie

glad you have the request for the bond. Am pretty sure the cheque will have to be payable to herself or commonwealth bank as she will actually be opening some type of special account that will be in her name.Once the bond money is deposited you then have to wait for another letter from centrelink to say that the AOS has been done and this letter then has to be scanned to Immi. That's what we had to do last month. Hope this helps and hang in there you nearly at the end of the road

Linda

Hi Maisie

glad you have the request for the bond. Am pretty sure the cheque will have to be payable to herself or commonwealth bank as she will actually be opening some type of special account that will be in her name.Once the bond money is deposited you then have to wait for another letter from centrelink to say that the AOS has been done and this letter then has to be scanned to Immi. That's what we had to do last month. Hope this helps and hang in there you nearly at the end of the road

Linda

Thank you Linda. My daughter is going there today and then on to Centrelink to give them the payment acknowledgement. I just want it all to move on now, it's been sooooo long.

Good luck with everything

best wishes

maisie

Hello, do all parents applying for a CPV 143 need to do a form 80? I notice some people don't mention it in their list of things they have done. Cheers. Katherine

Hi Kath, we hadn't completed this till I saw it in peoples signature lists, so I contacted our MA who advised it is better to have it completed, than not. We didn't ask why we just completed it, so it is done if needed.

Thank you Linda. My daughter is going there today and then on to Centrelink to give them the payment acknowledgement. I just want it all to move on now, it's been sooooo long.

best wishes

maisie

Go Maisie, Go!!! Almost over the line :cool:

best wishes

maisie

Hi Maisie

so pleased to hear that they have asked for the money for the AOS. I am watching your progress very carefully as I think all applicants from June 14 onwards are in for a similar process. When you finally get your AOS and IMMI have received confirmation, would you mind posting how long the whole process took?

we move out of our house in 9 weeks and haven't Been asked for anything yet by IMMI so feeling very anxious. Going to do the police report and get that out of the way.

Julie

Hi Maisie

so pleased to hear that they have asked for the money for the AOS. I am watching your progress very carefully as I think all applicants from June 14 onwards are in for a similar process. When you finally get your AOS and IMMI have received confirmation, would you mind posting how long the whole process took?

we move out of our house in 9 weeks and haven't Been asked for anything yet by IMMI so feeling very anxious. Going to do the police report and get that out of the way.

Julie

Hi Julie,

I agree, the process is not going to be quick without the pre-AOS request that we had.

If I was you I'd think about getting Form 80 done, if you haven't already.

In our case the form was completed with the initial application and we weren't asked to update.

I hope you manage to bring everything together in order to hit your timescale.

If Immi only knew the stress involved. They say moving home can be one of the most stressful things you can do, add to that;

Worries about medicals.

Shipping concerns.

Timing everything to collide perfectly (as if by magic. NOT !)

Waving off, relatives and friends.

Emigrating to a whole new country to start a new life at our tender years.

Not to mention parting with $$$$$$

Think we could move mountains :ssign19:

Wow !! we all really do love our Australian family.

Good luck with it Julie

Cheers

Phil

Hi Maisie

Julie

Hi Julie, looking at your lodgement date, we lodged on 30th May 2014, and have not heard anything from IMMI yet, but since seeing our medical results, have de-stressed a tad. Just saying so to help quell some anxiety.

Hi Julie, looking at your lodgement date, we lodged on 30th May 2014, and have not heard anything from IMMI yet, but since seeing our medical results, have de-stressed a tad. Just saying so to help quell some anxiety.

Hi Alan

i know what you mean, as soon as we've had the request for meds we will feel better, just hope they ask us to do the AOS at the same time. The thought of having to wait for some "government official" at Centrelink to process a piece of paper is doing my head in!

Julie

Hi Julie,

I agree, the process is not going to be quick without the pre-AOS request that we had.

If I was you I'd think about getting Form 80 done, if you haven't already.

In our case the form was completed with the initial application and we weren't asked to update.

I hope you manage to bring everything together in order to hit your timescale.

If Immi only knew the stress involved. They say moving home can be one of the most stressful things you can do, add to that;

Worries about medicals.

Shipping concerns.

Timing everything to collide perfectly (as if by magic. NOT !)

Waving off, relatives and friends.

Emigrating to a whole new country to start a new life at our tender years.

Not to mention parting with $$$$$$

Think we could move mountains :ssign19:

Wow !! we all really do love our Australian family.

Good luck with it Julie

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Form 80 already done and waiting for it to be requested.....

The less said about the exchange rate the better....... Who wants a referendum anyway?.....

so if we all club together and buy Tata steel Uk, and all vote in favour of staying in the EU........ Life will be wonderful and to over 2 dollars to the pound.

what else can they throw at us?

as you say, just a few major mountains to move.

julie

Guest geordie joe

Hi all,

I know we need our HAP number to book our medicals and immi will be receiving a request for this shortly after Juliew1499 and Steve requests theirs. However I'm a little confused over the dreaded AOS process, do we get notification from immi or Centrelink to start the process, and what are the steps after that.

Joe

Ooerr!

Cheeky rascal

I don't know how that happened but my reply to you seems to have ended up all over the place - sorry. Hope you can understand it

Maisie

Ah that's fine and yes I understood. Thank you for the email address you supplied. MIL emailed them and received her response, the reason she hasn't heard anything yet is because they'd got her email address wrong :arghh:

So she HAD had an email requesting all her documents (police and health checks) on the 18th of March. Lucky she did something now as she had 28 days from that email to submit everything.... 2 days to spare.

So, silly question, is it the case officer who requests the health checks police checks??

Thanks so much, you've been so helpful :)