Guest guest36187

Hi all

We're doing our sums re: paying for the visa if they actually grant us one. Does anyone know the exact cost of the bond we have to pay for and whether we have to pay it when the visa is issued? we've heard the figure of 14,000 dollars but I'm so stressed at the moment I can't remember where I saw this figure and whether it was 14000 each or for both of us. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks in advance

Hi all

We're doing our sums re: paying for the visa if they actually grant us one. Does anyone know the exact cost of the bond we have to pay for and whether we have to pay it when the visa is issued? we've heard the figure of 14,000 dollars but I'm so stressed at the moment I can't remember where I saw this figure and whether it was 14000 each or for both of us. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks in advance

Hi Fisher1,

hopefully I can put your mind at ease if it's the Assurance of Support cost you are thinking of? It's $10,000 for the first applicant and $4,000 for the second applicant so that's likely where you got the $14k figure from. It all adds up to an awful lot though and especially as the rate is not on our side again! We are hoping that'll change soon for the better. I am not yet at the stage of having a CO and so am not entirely sure when it needs to be paid but am sure another of us on here can help with that info :-)

I hope that helps a little!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda that's a big help.

Im fairly sure it's paid when the visa is issued, it was the amount I was unsure of. It's funny, we always knew the cost of the visa itself, but I've been taken a bit by surprise by all the extras ... Cost of police checks, cost of medicals, train fares to medicals .... All those little bits of money. I'm beginning to feel like we should just put all our money in a big bag and tell them to take what they want!

Let's hope it's all worth it in the end :wink:

Fisher1, the Assurance of Support is requested BEFORE the visa is granted. Take a look at the signatures of other members on here and you'll start to get an idea of time scales. HarleyDPhil and Dolphin1962 for instance have paid their Assurance of Support but are still waiting for visas. Also, take a look at the visa tracker and note dates of various stages on there. http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php

Edited by Catlady2014

Thanks Amanda that's a big help.

Im fairly sure it's paid when the visa is issued, it was the amount I was unsure of. It's funny, we always knew the cost of the visa itself, but I've been taken a bit by surprise by all the extras ... Cost of police checks, cost of medicals, train fares to medicals .... All those little bits of money. I'm beginning to feel like we should just put all our money in a big bag and tell them to take what they want!

Let's hope it's all worth it in the end :wink:

Hiya, yes cost after cost and that's before moving there, it'll be adding up once we can be on our way! It'll be worth it in the long run! We don't live on the mainland so have to factor in flights, time off work and hotel for the medicals too, all to be booked within 28 days which means pricey flights! Hopefully those won't be in school holidays! At least we have time to pace ourselves with two years of waiting but it is an expensive way to move there for sure. Still, can't wait to get there and put all this application stuff behind us :-) At least we're not alone in this journey, great to have this forum.

Amanda

Fisher1, the Assurance of Support is requested BEFORE the visa is granted. Take a look at the signatures of other members on here and you'll start to get an idea of time scales. HarleyDPhil and Dolphin1962 for instance have paid their Assurance of Support but are still waiting for visas. Also, take a look at the visa tracker and note dates of various stages on there. http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php

Hi Catlady2014, I'm guessing they wait until medicals and police checks are passed before asking? Hope so anyway as I can imagine what a nightmare it'd be to try to get it back if something came up in the medicals (not that anything should!). I'll try to find some timescales with that info, good tip!

Amanda

Hi fisher1,the Aos is $14,ooo for two ,after medics police checks your sponser will be notified to make an appointment with centre link for interview they will be told when to pay the fee and how to send proof back after been to commonwealth bank(the only bank they will deal with) then payment for visa will be requested then visa will be granted ,ruby

Edited by rubyford

Hi fisher1,the Aos is $14,ooo for two ,after medics police checks your sponser will be notified to make an appointment with centre link for interview they will be told when to pay the fee and how to send proof back after been to commonwealth bank(the only bank they will deal with) then payment for visa will be requested then visa will be granted ,ruby

You are on 143?

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 1 April 2014.

Yay!!! Linda let us know when you get the email!!!

Woohoo! getting really close now!! Panic, panic, panic, will everything go ok, I'm in Australia now, don't want to have to go back to the UK. Fingers crossed everybody x

Maisie

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 1 April 2014.

Yay!!! Linda let us know when you get the email!!!

oh my goodness now I am really scared/panicking

hVe done my form 80 but don't know how to scan them back as a single pdf as there are 18 pages each can anyone tell me how to do it!!

Off on holiday for a week in morning so want it all ready to go if the email comes

Linda

Hi all

Thanks for all the info about the bond. My daughter had wiled away some happy hours at centre link - and had to provide extra proof of income as she is at the end of maternity leave so didn't have the required pay slip for January ... but all has been accepted now ... which is why I was wondering about the bond payment.

We really have to transfer all the money including the bond to our bank in Sydney now - thankfully weve been dribbling money in all year so the outstanding balance isn't too horrendous. The timing really couldn't have been worse because were going out on holiday in early March and are not sure of the outcome of the medicals.

Just to add a bit of oomph to the whole thing, I got an email from ACRO yesterday saying they couldn't proceed with our police check because I had emailed a black and white photograph instead of colour - how stupid can you get, I copied the passport photo in black and white instead of colour! I couldn't believe I'd done it but there was the scanner still set on black and white! So now we have to wait an extra four days, and its all my fault.

Could I ask if those who have completed form 80 had problems with the international travel bit? I can remember longer holidays reasonably well but when we were living in Belgium we used to travel around Europe and back to the UK quite often for odd weekends and I've got no idea of the dates. I'm wondering whether to attach a note to the form saying that I can't remember?

It WILL all be worth it in the end... Kath

Edited by Fisher1

Another option would be scanning as single images (not pdf files) and then in your computer create a word document, copy each image and paste them all in the word document and then save that word document as PDF.

Hi Joop

I'm sorry to bother you with yet more questions but I hadn't even thought about how to send the eighteen pages of form 80 back to immi ... I read your advice about scanning with interest and now realise that I don't know how to create a pdf file! Have Adobe and have just had an attempt to create a pdf with some old files, but the file keeps going to cloud? Any advice, I'd be really grateful.

Hi Joop

I'm sorry to bother you with yet more questions but I hadn't even thought about how to send the eighteen pages of form 80 back to immi ... I read your advice about scanning with interest and now realise that I don't know how to create a pdf file! Have Adobe and have just had an attempt to create a pdf with some old files, but the file keeps going to cloud? Any advice, I'd be really grateful.

Hi I believe you can't use Adobe to make PDFs unless you pay.. If document is a word doc then simply use 'save as' and there will be a box you can drop down and find PDF and so save as a PDf. If scanning then set to create a PDF. Hope that helps Kim

Woohoo! getting really close now!! Panic, panic, panic, will everything go ok, I'm in Australia now, don't want to have to go back to the UK. Fingers crossed everybody x

Maisie

Hi Maisie

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring - if the stress is too much we'll swap places in the queue!!

Hope all's good.

Steve

@Steve2 Now there's a niche market - make application then wait year or so and then offer place to highest bidder - think immi might scupper that enterprising initiative I suspect Kim

Can't blame a bloke for trying though eh?!

I know that Maisie would scupper the idea long before Immigration.

Oh well - back to trying to keep sane before the medical!

Hi all

Thanks for all the info about the bond. My daughter had wiled away some happy hours at centre link - and had to provide extra proof of income as she is at the end of maternity leave so didn't have the required pay slip for January ... but all has been accepted now ... which is why I was wondering about the bond payment.

We really have to transfer all the money including the bond to our bank in Sydney now - thankfully weve been dribbling money in all year so the outstanding balance isn't too horrendous. The timing really couldn't have been worse because were going out on holiday in early March and are not sure of the outcome of the medicals.

Just to add a bit of oomph to the whole thing, I got an email from ACRO yesterday saying they couldn't proceed with our police check because I had emailed a black and white photograph instead of colour - how stupid can you get, I copied the passport photo in black and white instead of colour! I couldn't believe I'd done it but there was the scanner still set on black and white! So now we have to wait an extra four days, and its all my fault.

Could I ask if those who have completed form 80 had problems with the international travel bit? I can remember longer holidays reasonably well but when we were living in Belgium we used to travel around Europe and back to the UK quite often for odd weekends and I've got no idea of the dates. I'm wondering whether to attach a note to the form saying that I can't remember?

Hi fisher1,centre link won't ask for the bond until medics and police checks have passed so you'll know your visa is going to be granted when they have proof the bond has been lodged,getting there!!! We used photos and passport to get ten years of travel , would odd weekends count?, good luck!

Edited by rubyford

Hi all

"Se calme", Kath. Nothing to be gained by stressing, you've now just got to let things take their course.

re the form 80 and travel, I' m sure there must be lots of people who have to simply guess on dates. I will certainly have to. The same goes for details of all employment, non work etc. Realistically can I remember it all? No chance! It's all very well for those in their 20s, but for those in their 60s or older, it's almost an impossible task. Anyway, I don't think they could actually check, even if they wanted to.

"Se calme", Kath. Nothing to be gained by stressing, you've now just got to let things take their course.

re the form 80 and travel, I' m sure there must be lots of people who have to simply guess on dates. I will certainly have to. The same goes for details of all employment, non work etc. Realistically can I remember it all? No chance! It's all very well for those in their 20s, but for those in their 60s or older, it's almost an impossible task. Anyway, I don't think they could actually check, even if they wanted to.

Thanks Angela for the still small voice of calm! I'm feeling a lot better today ... We've made some headway with the dates through, of all things, old hotel bookings still on Internet sites! Refuse to stress any more. oh and I spoke to the nice man at ACRO who undoubtedly thinks I'm a complete idiot, and he promised we could sort it out in time ... Had an email from them this a.m. To say the new improved photos have arrived.

B

Hows everyone else getting on? Any exciting emails today?

Kath

Edited by Fisher1

Hi everyone! It's busy on here lately, I guess the movement of dates has got us all chomping at the bit - it has got us thinking more about what to do! We've just accepted an offer on our house, YAY!! One very large less thing to worry about (assuming the sale goes through of course!) - but lots still to do. I was wondering, does anyone know if it's possible to apply for the police check before being contacted by a CO? Presumably I'll hear news of our grant before the last quarter of this year (I better had anyway!) and so we would still be within the 12 months to move to Aus.

Thanks in advance

Amanda