Guest guest36187

Hi everyone, I have been silently watching your discussions around the 143 visa. My parents applied on 24/6/14, and like many of you have had acknowledgement, but not much else since. Both my sister and I live in Kiama NSW and are counting down the days until our parents arrive. We really can't wait to have them here to spend their retirement years, and time with family with us. It's been a long slow wait, but hopefully we are creeping closer to more action from immigration!! I also wondered if I could approach centrelink regarding the AOS process, but have a feeling that I need to wait for instruction from IMMI? Since their application, both my address and sisters visa status have changed. Can anyone also confirm if Form 1022 is the one we need to send to update these details please? Thanks - you're all a great source of reassurance whilst we sit this out!

Hi everyone, I have been silently watching your discussions around the 143 visa. My parents applied on 24/6/14, and like many of you have had acknowledgement, but not much else since. Both my sister and I live in Kiama NSW and are counting down the days until our parents arrive. We really can't wait to have them here to spend their retirement years, and time with family with us. It's been a long slow wait, but hopefully we are creeping closer to more action from immigration!! I also wondered if I could approach centrelink regarding the AOS process, but have a feeling that I need to wait for instruction from IMMI? Since their application, both my address and sisters visa status have changed. Can anyone also confirm if Form 1022 is the one we need to send to update these details please? Thanks - you're all a great source of reassurance whilst we sit this out!

Hi moonmin 13 definitely tell them any changes of details. We changed our address and sent them an email telling them and they accepted that. However, make sure you put all the correct references at top of email. Use your acknowledgement email/letter which should have all the codes. If you don't use the right codes they won't acknowledge receipt. You will know gone through OK as get email stating they have received and amended. If you don't get confirmation after a couple of weeks then chase up as they are hot on you getting details right. If you are not responding with them via email then I guess you need form but can't confirm which one. As I am a 173 I can't help re AOS but sure someone else can.

is Kiama the place with the lovely blowhole in the rocks. We went there last year and stopped for lunch. Still learning all the places and just getting to grips with getting round Sydney and the Northern Beaches where we live. Kim

Hi

we are just one day in front of your parents lodgement date. Our daughter who is our sponsor got married and changed her address twice, (after we had lodged our application) I searched around but could not find a form for changing sponsor details. Anyway I emailed IMMI and all they wanted was an email from our daughter confirming these details. Our daughter emailed IMMI quoting our application numbers and they responded straight away, thanked her for the info and even offered their congratulations on her marriage! Like you no news on meds etc.

Julie

Oh wow! That's a good move - I'd been doing my calculations based on them only moving 5 days so I'm well chuffed ? guess we're looking at the 2nd week in March ?

Maisie

Hi Maisie,

Its getting exciting with Dolphin1962 now only 10 or so days away and that also means we move out of the busy month of Mar 2014 (as quoted by Immi)

Early 2nd week of March would be a good shout for your C.O.

I hope we can start and create some space in the waiting room. It will be great to hear lots good news from "The Class of 2014"

Come on Immi :chatterbox: Come on !!!!

Cheers

Phil

Hi Maisie,

Its getting exciting with Dolphin1962 now only 10 or so days away and that also means we move out of the busy month of Mar 2014 (as quoted by Immi)

Early 2nd week of March would be a good shout for your C.O.

I hope we can start and create some space in the waiting room. It will be great to hear lots good news from "The Class of 2014"

Come on Immi :chatterbox: Come on !!!!

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil as your nearly at the end of your travel can you (or any other 'oldie'),give details about banking the fees in Aussie we opened an account when over,minimum amount no cards,have online banking,thinking of starting to send money over because of the rate,what about tax on interest and anything you think might be helpful .ruby

Hi Phil as your nearly at the end of your travel can you (or any other 'oldie'),give details about banking the fees in Aussie we opened an account when over,minimum amount no cards,have online banking,thinking of starting to send money over because of the rate,what about tax on interest and anything you think might be helpful .ruby

Hi Ruby,

We opened a Commbank account over a year ago. Through the last year we have sent money over at various advantageous stages. We have used TorFX and would highly recommend Adam Soloman their to anybody. We took out an option in early November to forward buy a large amount of Aussie dollars at a rate of 2.15 for a 5% down payment. It's a gamble as we won't be in a position to make good on this until we sell our house but hopefully by early May, by which time we're hoping that the move proved a wise one.

The foreign exchange rate is the thing that has caused us most consternation (besides the wait for a visa) and fwd buying was a way of edging our bets.

In terms of tax on the interest (bearing in mind the interest rates are about 3% compared to the UK low rates), interest is payed monthly into the account and a "Non resident withholding tax" of 10% is deducted direct. So if your interest is $200 your a net $180 better off. The non resident tax is payed until you arrive in Oz and apply for a TFN (tax file number)

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL
Correction

Hi 2015ers just a thought there is a tracker site http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php which you can lodge your dates and keep track of others. If you all lodge using your 'call names' from here then you can track each other without having to keep finding the post with all the details. Also if kept updated saves time checking how someone else is progressing. Just a thought from a 'seasoned but not quite there yet 2014er'. Kim

Done mine. but for some reason "Sadge" doesn't work so I'm "SadgeUK" there. Wonder how long it will be before it's SadgeAUS?

Hi Steve. Hope you had good trip. My sister moved to Serpentine area where they have a 5 acre plot and are official Serpie volunteer firies. Was over there on a visit a few months ago. Where are you thinking of settling Kim

Hi Kim

Was a great trip as usual thanks, but not glad to be back.

I don't think we've visited that area as yet.

We've put a deposit down on some land in Yanchep, it's beautiful there and very up and coming.

Regards

Steve

Hi Ruby,

We opened a Commbank account over a year ago. Through the last year we have sent money over at various advantageous stages. We have used TorFX and would highly recommend Adam Soloman their to anybody. We took out an option in early November to forward buy a large amount of Aussie dollars at a rate of 2.15 for a 5% down payment. It's a gamble as we won't be in a position to make good on this until we sell our house but hopefully by early May, by which time we're hoping that the move proved a wise one.

The foreign exchange rate is the thing that has caused us most consternation (besides the wait for a visa) and fwd buying was a way of edging our bets.

In terms of tax on the interest (bearing in mind the interest rates are about 3% compared to the UK low rates), interest is payed monthly into the account and a "Non resident withholding tax" of 10% is deducted direct. So if your interest is $200 your a net $180 better off. The non resident tax is payed until you arrive in Oz and apply for a TFN (tax file number)

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Phil

thanks Phil,the exchange rate is important and as it ts slowly going down I think it's time to put some away for 2nd vac,if for some reason we don't get visa it wil be in the bank for visits ,we won't be putting house on the market till after meds/ police checks so long time to wait hope rate goes up again by then!! Ruby

Hi Moomin,

I'm the same lodgement day as your parents, and a day behind Julie. Our envelopes are all probably sat keeping each other company.

Not long now that they are well into March 2014. It can only be a matter of weeks now to the next step, and I still haven't started on the loft! It seemed to be so far ahead when I posted that wadge of papers off but it's getting ever nearer:wink:

Sadge

Hi Steve,

It must be so frustrating awaiting any contact for Meds, AOS, Police Checks at least we have been able to get all that out of the way. Now all our Ducks are in a row just waiting for the "Lesser Spotted Case Officer". In answer to your question about AOS it was a referral letter from Centrelink (via our agent) that enabled Tom (our son) to make contact and put it all in place. As Joop has said and I have said previously, I am uncertain whether our agent has been really smart or has any more pull that the next as they are based in Perth ??

Where abouts in Perth are you thinking of settling ? Even after spending a month there last year we have so many areas we like. I suppose it will come down to the question of build or buy when we get there. Short term we will be living with our Son and Fiancee in Landsdale but we have promised them we will be in our own pad by August when they get married, although they are both insistent that we can stay as long as it takes.

All we can all do on here, is hang on to those "Happy thoughts of great times ahead" and how lucky we are to get this opportunity.

"Happy Days"

:ssign19:

Phil

Hi Phil

Yes extremely frustrating but at least there's been a bit more progress this week.

We've put a deposit down on some land in Yanchep, not bad prices at the moment and when the freeway and railway goes up there it will thrive (hopefully!).

We've covered lots of k's when we've been over and we feel that is the right area and estate for us, 5 mins for the beach/lagoon and 5 mins the other way to the national park and a bowls club!

Fingers crossed for "Happy Days!"

All the best

Steve

Hi Skeelsy, yes that's right...Kiama does have a blowhole near the lighthouse - its pretty good when the waves are big. Thanks for the info - I will try emailing, as I have all the information from my parents. Thanks for that :)

Hi Moonmin13. I noticed on CPV tracker you have acknowledgment date of 4 September - my wedding anniversary - I am just curious that I lodged 23 May and have acknowledgment of 16 December so you lodged a month later than me but had acknowledgment 3 months earlier than me!!! Maybe immi didn't like my handwriting!!!! Kim

Hi Skeelsy, Yes I think I got carried away on the tracker - it was early days and perhaps I thought payment processed for the 1st VAC counted as acknowledgement! I have added my signature here with the correct info :) I'll update the tracker too.

I'll be emailing IMMI today to notify them of our details changes. Thanks for all the help - I like to think of our envelopes waiting next to each other somewhere in IMMI Sadge!

Hi moonmin 13 definitely tell them any changes of details. We changed our address and sent them an email telling them and they accepted that. However, make sure you put all the correct references at top of email. Use your acknowledgement email/letter which should have all the codes. If you don't use the right codes they won't acknowledge receipt. You will know gone through OK as get email stating they have received and amended. If you don't get confirmation after a couple of weeks then chase up as they are hot on you getting details right. If you are not responding with them via email then I guess you need form but can't confirm which one. As I am a 173 I can't help re AOS but sure someone else can.

is Kiama the place with the lovely blowhole in the rocks. We went there last year and stopped for lunch. Still learning all the places and just getting to grips with getting round Sydney and the Northern Beaches where we live. Kim

Hi Kim,

Around how long did they take to send you the 'Details amended' email? Now its been 1 month but no response to my parents change of address.

Thanks,

Judy.

Guest geordie joe

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 24 March 2014.

Please note that in March 2014 we received 20% more applications than in any of the previous 9 months so the dates may be slower to change.

Another little jump forward.....

Guest geordie joe
Ok Immi we know your little ruse - make out there were loads more in March and then look the 'heroes' racing through - good tactic but sussed Kim

Now now Kim, you know you shouldn't go poking the hornets nest...

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 24 March 2014.

Please note that in March 2014 we received 20% more applications than in any of the previous 9 months so the dates may be slower to change.

Thanks geordiejoe ,thats really good news to hear. keep it up immi.:laugh:

@Dolphin1962 - lodged 1st april 2014, hope you get CO assigned in next week

@maisiedaisy - lodged 9th april 2014 ,i guess you will get call around 24-25 feb

harvi13 (me) ;) - 15th april 2014 , i wish 2nd or 3rd march could be my day:wink:

best of luck you all

-harvi

Edited by Harvi13

Hi Joe,

??? So confused but very happy. We were stuck in mid Feb for an age and now we're racing through March.

:chatterbox: Come on Immi :chatterbox: come on. Keep up the chant.

Happy Phil

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately it's not a done deal, some people have been turned down due to medical issues which comes down to the cost of on going treatment in Australia. The e600 visa took us about 4/5 weeks however that was due to immi requesting we had medical insurance to cover the duration of the trip, unfortunately they wouldn't tell us if we needed full cover such as BUPA provides or a travel policy with the usual medical covers. Despite emailing them and asking for clarification we kept getting the same cut and paste response saying we needed medical insurance. In the end we opted and paid for the 12 month travel cover which cost around £600 emailed a copy and the visa came through.

Joe

Hi Joe

any reason you went for the e600 visa ? I have just looked at the e651 visa that I already have ( expires june 2016 so will need to renew anyway ) and that allows for multiple 3 month stays for a year.

so I thought I could enter Australia, stay for 3 months and then visit daughter in Hong Kong ( or anywhere else ) and re-enter for further 3 months, which should be long enough for visa grant.

am I wrong in this assumption ?

Ian.