Guest guest36187

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your information.

I think that was my wishful thinking :) You are right, 18 months is what we expected when we lodged. The checklist thing would have been a great time saver if the processing times were around 18 months, but as you said not the right way to go when the processing times get to 24 months.

I also remember when I first decided to lodge my skilled worker visa application, immi had the same checklist approach, but when the processing times started to get longer and longer ( it took 39 months for our 165 visa to be finalised!) and people ended up having to redo med/police checks, the checklist was withdrawn.

Cheers,

Nassim

Edited by joop

Hi Alan as always it's useful to hear your views. Without appearing to be presumptuous what is your personnel view on waiting times - for a time back at end of last year we were given some glimmer of hope that waiting times were slowly becoming shorter but Xmas dashed hopes somewhat. Are we on a slippery slope of longer waiting times ie over 2 years or is this part of an up/down cycle that will even out to generally 22 to 24 months? Kim

Hi Alan as always it's useful to hear your views. Without appearing to be presumptuous what is your personnel view on waiting times - for a time back at end of last year we were given some glimmer of hope that waiting times were slowly becoming shorter but Xmas dashed hopes somewhat. Are we on a slippery slope of longer waiting times ie over 2 years or is this part of an up/down cycle that will even out to generally 22 to 24 months? Kim

Hi Kim.

I'm seeing a trend in the processing of subclass 143 applications in which timelines are pushing out towards 2 years.

Whether this comes back to 18 months is (in my view) a question of whether the Department of Immigration wants to commit resources to the processing of these applications.

I don't blame delegates at the coalface of processing at the PVC; its a Canberra based issue. I'm sure Central Office has the processing stats too.

Indeed, increasing timelines seem to be prevalent across visa programs. Partner applications, business skills - all are afflicted with the same malaise. The only bright side is no increase in parent application VACs for a while now.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks,thought I was reading things wrong so got all my papers out and saw it was order I was given,also have ticked off form 80 so that has has been done and agent holding till needed, most on the thread now seem to be 2014lodged so will be flying the waiting room soon,hope I not be left on my own! Ruby

Hi palaceboy1

If you apply for the 804 visa while you are already legitimately in Australia you should get bridging visas which will allow you to stay in Australia until the 804 application is settled one way or the other. The snag is that you may end up waiting longer for the 804 visa than you would have for the 103. For the 804 it will be about a year before you even have a queue date.What follows is a quote from the latest update from immigration about waiting times for the 103 and 804 visas. From this you can calculate that if you apply for the 804 right now you will reach the front of the queue in about seven years time. For the 103 visa it will be about seven years after whatever your queue date is. Take no notice of the estimated waiting times on the DIBP website which claim anything up to thirty years. These estimates seem to be deliberately exaggerated.

Begin quote

ONSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 804).

Once your application is allocated to a case officer (which may take up to 12 months) you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. As soon as you are assessed as meeting all requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged up to 17 February 2015

We are currently assessing for finalization applications with a queue date up to May 2009

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 103)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer (which may take up to 18 months) your eligibility for a visa will be assessed and if you are found to meet eligibility requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged 1 October 2014

We are currently assessing for finalization applications with a queue date up to February 2009

Edited by johnbshepherd

Hi Kim.

I'm seeing a trend in the processing of subclass 143 applications in which timelines are pushing out towards 2 years.

Whether this comes back to 18 months is (in my view) a question of whether the Department of Immigration wants to commit resources to the processing of these applications.

I don't blame delegates at the coalface of processing at the PVC; its a Canberra based issue. I'm sure Central Office has the processing stats too.

Indeed, increasing timelines seem to be prevalent across visa programs. Partner applications, business skills - all are afflicted with the same malaise. The only bright side is no increase in parent application VACs for a while now.

Hope this helps.

Hi Alan

Sorry to be a pain because you've already answered this question for me once, but can you confirm that immi count years waiting on a 103 list if you swap to a 143? We've finally sent the papers applying for a 143 visa, which will therefore cancel our place on the 103 queue and I hate the thought of paying all that money and having to wait another two years ... the only reason we're not prepared to sit it out is because we want to get the medicals over while we are still reasonably healthy. Thanks in advance for any reassurance you can offer.

:(

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 24 February 2014

Date's not moved today. So now it is 23 months till CO instead of 22.

Hope I am wrong but as the VAC2 went up in March 2014 ( by the way how many times do they change the VAC2? once in Sep and then once in March ?) there might be a bit of delay in the coming couple of months.

I am getting really restless as my mum's application is April 30th, so close and yet too long a wait still!

:(

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 24 February 2014

Date's not moved today. So now it is 23 months till CO instead of 22.

Hope I am wrong but as the VAC2 went up in March 2014 ( by the way how many times do they change the VAC2? once in Sep and then once in March ?) there might be a bit of delay in the coming couple of months.

I am getting really restless as my mum's application is April 30th, so close and yet too long a wait still!

HI thanks for info re VAC2 going up. Does that mean from 01 March higher charge applies or is it just released in March and implemented in July? kim

HI thanks for info re VAC2 going up. Does that mean from 01 March higher charge applies or is it just released in March and implemented in July? kim

Hi Kim,

I am sorry if what I wrote was not clear.

I meant Sep 2013 and March 2014. I don't think there is any announced plans to raise the VAC2 as Alan also mentioned in a very recent post.

Cheers,

Nassim

I can't praise enough the health service that we have experienced so far out here. However, although good quality, the basic is basic compared to Uk. Our health top up is not expensive and does give lots more choices. As a newbie you can get really good discount on your first policy so worth shopping around and it seems if you aim to tailor cover to your own likely needs eg dentistry and limit cover for unlikely items ie if you are in 20's you don't need to worry about hip replacement cover. That's my observations so far - hope it helps Kim

Ok getting bored with all this heat!!!! here in Sydney and thunderstorms driven us inside so been double checking double checked points. In health requirements it says that from nov 2015 new changes say if applying for a temporary visa, come from a country on their list (UK on list) and as of 20 Nov 2015 have not been given a HAP No then you don't have to have a medical. Only when applying for a permanent. I read several times and think I got it right so does this mean as a 173 I don't need medical until I convert to 143 in 2 years as I met all those criteria. Can someone pop my balloon if I'm wrong before I float off on cloud 9 as finally something to smile about Kim

Hi everyone, have been reading this forum since my husband and I lodged our 143 application in January 2015. Its so interesting hearing that we are in the same boat as so many people. A year gone though and we do try to remain optimistic!! Nice to see Julie is keeping a close eye on the date situation. Many thanks for doing all the hard work. Both our children are in Australia, daughter is now a citizen since August and our son has just got his permanent residency so we can't wait to get out there. Keeping everything crossed!!

Welcome to the newbies and must say this forum has saved me from diving into 143/173 oblivion. My I suggest if you find yourself arguing with yourself as to whether is worth sending 'just one more test email to immi in case someone did work late and updated' and then you realise it's Saturday midnight it's probably time for professional help. I'm off to sit on both hands for half an hour before I fire off a test 'just in case' even though It's Saturday. I am on to immi as they are trying to get us to crack so we fail the Medicals well chin up boys and girls as we won't be beaten - much!!! Kim

GoGirl; Hi, just seen your quote about the 143 visa? Can I respectfully ask, you obviously thought that was the best for you? So presume you're under 65? We are in a similar situation, daughter and family are citizens in Perth, been out 6.5 years and want us to join them. Sorely tempted, bit scared of the in and outs of applying etc. Did/are you using an agent? Ive looked at visas till I'm blue in the face and have read so many different opinions Im not sure how to go forward. Did you look at any other visa's..?? Any advice gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Hi Skeelsy

I know what you mean, these last few months are just awful. I think I sent the Test email 5 times on Thursday! Couldn't sleep and got up in the wee hours to find the date had only moved 4 days. We are filling our days with de cluttering , organising, walking , swimming, pension planning - you name it we are busy with it! I even found myself saying to my hairdresser only five more hair cuts before we should get our grant. Your're right we are all going barking mad in the waiting room, HOWEVER, we will not let them get us down.

Keep smiling it can,t be that long before we hear something!:chatterbox:

Julie

Hi Julie. We took gamble to move out early as had 16 year old son and wanted him to start HSC here. Well that's been and gone and absolutely worth it despite cost as he did well and loved it and we also welcomed recently a second grandchild our gorgeous little chap. He was born prem at only 2 kg so was brill to be here for my daughter and mind her older one whilst in hospital etc. However, our visas run out on 30 Jan and as no end in sight we have to leave. Everything here now so going to stay with rellies in NZ and hope we can slip another visitor visa under our belts and come back for hopefully the last 3 months at most!!!! Of waiting. Then back to NZ for grant and then home to our new home - well not that new Kim

Hi CathnStev, we used an agent in The Emigration Group in Chester. They had a good write up and we thought it would be easier. No problems with them. A flat fee and off you go. We are coming close to retirement so we could afford to see our children and have been over twice already. We just decided to wait it out and get all our affairs in order!! Regards Kathy

GoGirl; Hi, just seen your quote about the 143 visa? Can I respectfully ask, you obviously thought that was the best for you? So presume you're under 65? We are in a similar situation, daughter and family are citizens in Perth, been out 6.5 years and want us to join them. Sorely tempted, bit scared of the in and outs of applying etc. Did/are you using an agent? Ive looked at visas till I'm blue in the face and have read so many different opinions Im not sure how to go forward. Did you look at any other visa's..?? Any advice gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Hi, if you do use an agent, make sure you use one who is MIRA registered - there have been a few very sad tales from people who used non-registered agents.

Hi CathnStev, we used an agent in The Emigration Group in Chester. They had a good write up and we thought it would be easier. No problems with them. A flat fee and off you go. We are coming close to retirement so we could afford to see our children and have been over twice already. We just decided to wait it out and get all our affairs in order!! Regards Kathy

We are using the same agent as yourselves, and see that you applied in Jan 15. Our date is 9 June 15, so we be keeping an eye on your progress.

Regards Geoff and Gill