Guest guest36187

Hi Steve

well we've had a fair number of viewings and several offers but nothing that we wanted to accept. There's plenty of time yet as i cannot really see that we will get our grant until at least May (and that's if we are lucky). It's sort of got past the point now where it would be viable to rent something so if we are fortunate enough to sell before our visa comes through then we will probably take some time to holiday in France and Spain. we've been learning Spanish for our upcoming trip to Colombia for the second part of the wedding celebrations.

feliz Navidad (happy Xmas) to you and everyone else in the waiting room, coming on IMMI we are all numb with the waiting!

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes it's a tricky decision, we're glad we sold but can't wait to leave the rental.

Hope you have a great Christmas and that we all get the present from immi that we really really want!

2016 could be so exciting for us all.

Like you we just want our medicais out of the way.

Take care

Steve

After 2 years and 7 weeks finally the second VAC request - with the following note attached

"I prepared your email on 09 November 2015 and due to some flaw within our system the email did not get sent. Please accept my apology and note that the 28 days due date start from today."

So Mum could have been here for Christmas after all!  At least we are nearly complete. It's been a long time coming!

Edited by StephanieDavey

After 2 years and 7 weeks finally the second VAC request - with the following note attached

"I prepared your email on 09 November 2015 and due to some flaw within our system the email did not get sent. Please accept my apology and note that the 28 days due date start from today."

So Mum could have been here for Christmas after all!  At least we are nearly complete. It's been a long time coming!

Excellent - that's great news.

Gotta love that not really fit for purpose DIBP IT system ...

Best regards.

I wonder if the "flaw in the system" was a result of somebody closing the email and saving it as a draft instead of hitting the Send button. :daydreaming: Still, at least your mum can get on with making her final plans now.

Hi Stephanie

Congratulations to your Mum, almost there now. What a feeble excuse by IMMI, just sounds like human error to me! It seems crazy that we all have to sit waiting for ages and then have to give them a kick up the backside to sort things out.

Wishing you you and your Mum a wonderful future life in Oz.

Julie

Hi all

im sure I've asked this before but my daughter is asking me to check so can anyone tell me ..... My daughter has the forms for our 143 application, which will cancel our 103 application. We haven't included the required ID documents because they have already been lodged with our 103 application. Rather than get new copies of everything, we sent a note with the 143 form saying that the ID docs had already been submitted. My daughter thinks this might cause a huge delay.

Any comments? Alan Collet are you there?

As usual, all observations gratefully accepted.

Hi all

im sure I've asked this before but my daughter is asking me to check so can anyone tell me ..... My daughter has the forms for our 143 application, which will cancel our 103 application. We haven't included the required ID documents because they have already been lodged with our 103 application. Rather than get new copies of everything, we sent a note with the 143 form saying that the ID docs had already been submitted. My daughter thinks this might cause a huge delay.

Any comments? Alan Collet are you there?

As usual, all observations gratefully accepted.

I'm here!

Documents submitted for the old application should be transferred to the new one.

Best regards.

Guest geordie joe
Hi all. My SOH and I were trawling through form 80 and we were a bit confused - easily done!! - is this form only completed by the main applicant or all those included in the application ie we both complete one each?? Thanks in advance Kim

I believe one is required for each applicant.

Hi all. My SOH and I were trawling through form 80 and we were a bit confused - easily done!! - is this form only completed by the main applicant or all those included in the application ie we both complete one each?? Thanks in advance Kim

Hi Kim

Yes it's one form per person.

Good luck

Steve

Hi,

Fairly new to POIA

I see no recent threads regarding parents?

I applied for mine in September - agent said it would take 18 months/ 2years, has anybody applied and got their visa any sooner.

Thanks

Hi,

You've found the right place :wink:

We are all Parents in the waiting room on this thread.

It is currently taking 22/24 months to Visa Grant. Immi move at their own pace unfortunately. This is a very informative place to try and endure your long wait.

Good look with your application

Cheers

Phil

Guest Phalarope83

Hi there Mrs Bee. This is THE PIO Parents Visa thread! We have just been granted our visas, 23 months and a couple of weeks after applying. Hope this helps? You will find everything that you wish to know on here as the contributors are very, very well informed. Enjoy as we have and continue to do. The journey is long but it's worth it in the end.

Hi,

Fairly new to POIA

I see no recent threads regarding parents?

I applied for mine in September - agent said it would take 18 months/ 2years, has anybody applied and got their visa any sooner.

Thanks

Welcome Mrs Bee

Lots of nice people here and lots of information. Take a seat in the waiting room and join us in the song 'IMMI get a wriggle on' :wink:

maisie

Guest piramida

Hi all,

We applied from Subclass 173 to Subclass 143 in June this year. We get case officer two weeks ago. He ask from us again copy of our passport which we sent last week.

Our bridge visa will expired 23 January 2017 and medicare. Now Christmas holidays coming for two days and we will be on Holiday in QLD. We comeback in Sydney 16 January.

Because now is holiday we just worry will our visa and medicare expired and we will not get new visa before bridge visa expired. Please can anybody help me and tell me

how this working.

Thank you so much for help

Hi all i have a query... Actually i am a dependant and my mother is the main applicant for cpv143 applied on april 2014 (20 months). I am 22 years old and still dependant on my parents.. I like a girl and wanna marry her though she is not a aussie...i would want to marry her as soon as possible... I want to know can i marry her as soon as after i get my visa 143 granted..or do i have to wait for sometime to get married and to sponsor her for partner visa???

Awaiting replies who have any knowledge that once we get visa after how long can we sponsor someone...!!!!

Hello Everyone ,

I am very new to this forum .I am looking for expert guidance and help regarding Aged Parent Visa. My parents are in Australia on 600 visa without 8503 condition ( No further Stay ).Both of them are 80+ in age .Their visa is expiring in late Jan 2016.I am the only son of my parents having PR visa .I have arrived to Australia with my family in Oct 2013 and lived here for 3 weeks and went back home in Nov 2013. My wife alone came back to Australia in Jan 2014 & I have joined her in May 2014 .I am in Australia since May 2014 till date.

I will be completing my 21 months with physical presence in Australia in Jan 2016 wherein immigration says we need to be in country for 24 months .Could someone please suggest if I can lodge their aged parent visa application in mid Jan 2016 .Thanks in advance .......

To all my fellow exponents of the art of Patience

I would just like to wish all the "Parents in the Waiting Room" a Very Happy Christmas.

To all 2014 applicants, lets hope Santa brings the new year present of speedy completion.

Which would mean a VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR indeed :xmas12: :xmas3::xmas4::xmas25::xmas1::xmas2::xmas7:

Best wishes

Phil

To all my fellow exponents of the art of Patience

I would just like to wish all the "Parents in the Waiting Room" a Very Happy Christmas.

To all 2014 applicants, lets hope Santa brings the new year present of speedy completion.

Which would mean a VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR indeed :xmas12: :xmas3::xmas4::xmas25::xmas1::xmas2::xmas7:

Best wishes

Phil

Thanks Phil, and a great Christmas and fab new year to you too. We've all been wearing out the seats in the waiting room that's for sure. Hopefully we're getting closer to the exit sign.

Maisie x

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixing quote tag