Guest guest36187

Hi Steve

No I can't find anything either. I spent 30 mins yesterday skimming thro the Oz budget found the increases in visas charges but not much else. The document was hard work and I gave up. Someone somewhere knows the figures I guess we will have to wait for those too. We're busy getting the house ready to market when we get back from our daughter's wedding, it's never looked so nice. You know what it's like when you get all those "jobs" done that have been outstanding for ages! I must say putting the house on the market without progress news from IMMI is daunting but on the other hand it may well take ages to sell so we'll just have to see. Time to get back to the maintenance!

Julie

It's all rather strange and intriguing!

We're in a similar position; off to Perth next week and when we get back intend to go on the market - daunting indeed!

Regards

Steve

Hi all

Just tried the "Test" email again and guess what - the 143/173 is showing again now.

It says:-

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 23 August 2013"

So we exist again!!

Hooray!

Have a good weekend.

Steve

Fantastic news Steve, nice to know we haven't been forgotten

Maisie

Hi Julie

I went through the budget document and there is nothing on there other than what you already mentioned around the fee changes. Also had a look in other areas via Google and can't find anything around the spaces available in 2015/16

Good luck with the house sale, I know what you mean about it being daunting about putting the house on the market before hearing from IMMI, having sold ours shortly after lodging our application and now living in a rental.

Joe

Same here, we've just sold ours too, I refuse to stress about the fact that we've not got our visa yet - if it all goes wotsit up then we'll have the money in the bank to buy somewhere else! (she said really bravely hiding the grey hair and the nails bitten down to the knuckles :yes:)

maisie

Hi all

Just tried the "Test" email again and guess what - the 143/173 is showing again now.

It says:-

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 23 August 2013"

So we exist again!!

Hooray!

Have a good weekend.

Steve

Hi Steve

hooray thanks for that!

someone at IMMI must be reading this thread!

Have a good weekend too.

Julie

Guest geordie joe
It's all rather strange and intriguing!

We're in a similar position; off to Perth next week and when we get back intend to go on the market - daunting indeed!

Regards

Steve

hi Steve,

Hope you enjoy your trip, however if you find time, pop into the parents immi dept in Perth and push our application to the top of the pile.

Welcome Sadge - please take a seat in the waiting room with us - when did you lodge?

kindest regards

maisie

Hi Maisie,

Thank you. My application was lodged at the end of June 1914 (25th I think) by my agent, it was "receipted" on 15th September, and I received the Acknowledgement on 6th February - my agent told me that it'll probably be some 18-20 months from date of lodgement before I'm asked to attend for medical etc., so I'm thinking I'll reach that stage maybe next February-May.

Sadge.

Guest Petina
Yes I think you're right on the charges Steve - I'm thinking IMMI have given up on the 'test' email - leaves us totally in the dark at how things are progressing. All eyes on the next person due a CO!

maisie

We SHOULD be due soon. Will keep you all posted. Even more frustrating is no viewers for the house! :(

Petina

We SHOULD be due soon. Will keep you all posted. Even more frustrating is no viewers for the house! :(

Petina

Hi Petina,

Welcome to my world! Two years plus and we are still awaiting a sold sign outside! Seriously though, I hope your house sells soon!

Regards, Val

Guest Petina
Hi Petina,

Welcome to my world! Two years plus and we are still awaiting a sold sign outside! Seriously though, I hope your house sells soon!

Regards, Val

I think we are all living in the same world......!

Hi Maisie,

Thank you. My application was lodged at the end of June 1914 (25th I think) by my agent, it was "receipted" on 15th September, and I received the Acknowledgement on 6th February - my agent told me that it'll probably be some 18-20 months from date of lodgement before I'm asked to attend for medical etc., so I'm thinking I'll reach that stage maybe next February-May.

Sadge.

Hi Sadge

you're just two days behind me in lodgement date so keep in touch.

lets hope Mr Osbornes budget in July has some good news so that Petina and Vava can get their houses sold!

Julie

Hi Sadge

you're just two days behind me in lodgement date so keep in touch.

lets hope Mr Osbornes budget in July has some good news so that Petina and Vava can get their houses sold!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Its hard to believe that it's nearly a year since I was scurrying around trying to get everything together so my agent could lodge my application before 1st July. Just in case the fees went up again! Let's hope the next 12 months goes as quickly.

Wishing good luck to all those with house sales to arrange.

Sadge

Edited by Sadge

Our application was lodged on 31 August 2013 (last day before the extra visa fee hike up for that particular year). No problem at all with the wait (calm, cool and collected).....until now as it seems so close and I am like a cat on a hot tin roof - and that is only for the CO to be assigned. I think the last update from the 'mercurial' immi website was 23 August 2013, on 15 May. There is no particular point to this post, just mentioning in case it makes me feel better; hasn't worked so far.

Guest Petina
Our application was lodged on 31 August 2013 (last day before the extra visa fee hike up for that particular year). No problem at all with the wait (calm, cool and collected).....until now as it seems so close and I am like a cat on a hot tin roof - and that is only for the CO to be assigned. I think the last update from the 'mercurial' immi website was 23 August 2013, on 15 May. There is no particular point to this post, just mentioning in case it makes me feel better; hasn't worked so far.

Hi Oldun,

We have been playing the waiting game quite calmly but, like you, as it gets closer, we are getting a bit frustrated. So close now.... just a bit longer then we need to pay the final instalment. Got another viewing tomorrow..... Time for a coffee, me thinks!

Petina

Hello Oldun, we lodged Nov 2013 so not too far after you. When do you realistically think you will be granted the visa?

Does anybody know long once you get the CO at the end it takes for them to grant it? We haven't been asked to do our aos yet although medicals and police checks were done in Feb.

Hi Perthpops,

Judging by what I have seen on the CPV tracker so far I think it takes between a month - 2 months for the visa to be issued once we have a CO. We haven't done the medicals and policed checks yet, waiting for the CO to be assigned so you may be a bit quicker.

cheers

Hi Amanda

Disappointing that they haven't given a date for meds, that concerns me too. will let you know what mine says as soon as I get it!

Like you, holding out for a higher rate....... Time will tell.

Julie

Hi Julie,

My agent told me that it will be around 18 – 20 months from date of lodgement for an application to be assessed by the PVC Team. This is when I will be asked to attend medicals, obtain police clearance certificates, complete a Form 80 Character Check and start the Assurer of Support process.

Hope this helps.

Sadge

Hi Oldun,

We have been playing the waiting game quite calmly but, like you, as it gets closer, we are getting a bit frustrated. So close now.... just a bit longer then we need to pay the final instalment. Got another viewing tomorrow..... Time for a coffee, me thinks!

Petina

I have my eyes glued to your posts Petina - got to be imminent hasn't it?

maisie x

hi all!

its been 2 years since i have logged in here. hope all of you are doing well.

can anyone assist to advise - how long do you get a CO if you are a 173 holder lodging for 143? is it the same 1 year or more wait?

Hi, our 173 to 143 only seemed to take a few weeks but that was in 2012. I think they take a little longer now. I wouldn't risk taking it all the way to the 2 year mark just in case it is taking a little longer these days.

Regards, Val

Guest Petina
I have my eyes glued to your posts Petina - got to be imminent hasn't it?

maisie x

Could be any day now - fingers crossed.

Petina

x

Hi, new to the forum and checking out the posts. Noticed that Maisies applied for an on shore CPV and got it really quickly. Is it better to apply this way? devastated that it will take between 18/24 months to actually get to oz!!!! Will only be applying in June which means it will prob be 2017 before I get there, nightmare!! Also, if I apply for visa in the UK, can I visit my daughter this Christmas while application is ongoing? Had thought that maybe it would be quicker to apply while I'm there in Dec? Grateful for feedback.

Saz

Hi, new to the forum and checking out the posts. Noticed that Maisies applied for an on shore CPV and got it really quickly. Is it better to apply this way? devastated that it will take between 18/24 months to actually get to oz!!!! Will only be applying in June which means it will prob be 2017 before I get there, nightmare!! Also, if I apply for visa in the UK, can I visit my daughter this Christmas while application is ongoing? Had thought that maybe it would be quicker to apply while I'm there in Dec? Grateful for feedback.

Saz

Welcome Saz

We've have had our application on the go since April last year and we've been out on holiday to our daughters. Lots of people still go out for a visit whilst their application is pending.

I think you can only apply for the CPV143 off shore I'm afraid.

Best of luck

maisiedaisy

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixed quote