Guest guest36187

Yes, the 143 has an initial application fee of $2,370 and then a subsequent payment of $43,600 when the visa is ready to be granted. Those are the visa fees so you don't get them back. I think the $10,000 bond is in addition to this, but the bond is returned after (I think) 10 years) Hopefully someone else can confirm the bond information.

Edited by MaggieMay24

Yes, the 143 has an initial application fee of $2,370 and then a subsequent payment of $43,600 when the visa is ready to be granted. Those are the visa fees so you don't get them back. I think the $10,000 bond is in addition to this, but the bond is returned after (I think) 10 years) Hopefully someone else can confirm the bond information.

Hi

Yes the bond, otherwise known as the Assurance of Support (AOS), is indeed $10,000Aud for a single applicant and is repaid after 10 years as long as the applicant hasn't claimed any benefits in Australia

Whilst the AOS is held it does earn interest.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Edited by Steve2

[h=1]Medicare[/h]Page Content

The Department of Human Services (DHS) determines whether or not you are eligible for Medicare benefits. As part of the Medicare enrolment process, you need to demonstrate your current visa status.

You might be eligible for Medicare benefits if you are residing in Australia and are:

• a permanent visa holder
  • an applicant for permanent visas (some exclusions apply) who has a right to work in Australia and/or is sponsored by a parent, partner or child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • a holder of certain temporary visas
  • a temporary visa holder who resides in a country that has a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia. Some agreements require clients to be a resident and a citizen of the relevant country.

We aim to share visa status information electronically with DHS where possible. This should avoid you needing to return to us and ask for additional information, which can involve a fee.

[h=1]Medicare[/h]Page Content

The Department of Human Services (DHS) determines whether or not you are eligible for Medicare benefits. As part of the Medicare enrolment process, you need to demonstrate your current visa status.

You might be eligible for Medicare benefits if you are residing in Australia and are:

• an applicant for permanent visas (some exclusions apply) who has a right to work in Australia and/or is sponsored by a parent, partner or child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • a temporary visa holder who resides in a country that has a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia. Some agreements require clients to be a resident and a citizen of the relevant country.

We aim to share visa status information electronically with DHS where possible. This should avoid you needing to return to us and ask for additional information, which can involve a fee.

Hi Sadge,

I copied this from the IMMI website. If you google Medicare, there is quite a bit more info you can access online.

regards, Val

Medicare

Page Content

Medicare

Page Content

Hi Sadge,

I copied this from the IMMI website. If you google Medicare, there is quite a bit more info you can access online.

regards, Val

Hi

Good Info Val

How did viewing go?

Hi Steve, Seemed to go well but not had any feedback from agent yet. Thank you for asking though! My Mother never does - but then she must be living in Egypt - somewhere in DENIAL! Haha! I reckon she doesn't want me to go to Oz so she never mentions it!

Regards, Val

Guest Petina
Hi Steve, Seemed to go well but not had any feedback from agent yet. Thank you for asking though! My Mother never does - but then she must be living in Egypt - somewhere in DENIAL! Haha! I reckon she doesn't want me to go to Oz so she never mentions it!

Regards, Val

We have a couple of friends like that - never want to talk about Australia ever since we mentioned that we applied!

Petina

I understood from IMMI that contributory parent visas were not capped and that 'supply met demand'. Perhaps the delay is simply down to a few people processing a great number of visas. Don't forget, we are not the only country waiting for settlement. I believe India is one of the largest applicants....

Guest geordie joe
I understood from IMMI that contributory parent visas were not capped and that 'supply met demand'. Perhaps the delay is simply down to a few people processing a great number of visas. Don't forget, we are not the only country waiting for settlement. I believe India is one of the largest applicants....

Unfortunatley according to the immi web site the 143/173 and the 884/864 parent visas are capped at 7,175 for 2014/15, however immi don't provide information as to where anyone sits in the queue so it's a bit of a guessing game. Given the revenue stream this would potentially bring in you would hope they would have sufficient staff to process these numbers.

Joe

Guest Petina
Unfortunatley according to the immi web site the 143/173 and the 884/864 parent visas are capped at 7,175 for 2014/15, however immi don't provide information as to where anyone sits in the queue so it's a bit of a guessing game. Given the revenue stream this would potentially bring in you would hope they would have sufficient staff to process these numbers.

Joe

And so we wait................

And wait and wait...... According to the test email I got back last night, they are changing the email addresses for contacting the department from 1st July 15 this is to accomodate the integration of border control into the department. visas fees are up from 1st July 5 percent on 143’s, apparently this increase will pay the integration of border control into the IMMI I department - really? Still no update on the test email for 143’s, loads of info for 103/840!

Julie

And wait and wait...... According to the test email I got back last night, they are changing the email addresses for contacting the department from 1st July 15 this is to accomodate the integration of border control into the department. visas fees are up from 1st July 5 percent on 143’s, apparently this increase will pay the integration of border control into the IMMI I department - really? Still no update on the test email for 143’s, loads of info for 103/840!

Julie

Could you tell me what the test email is please? I'm a newcomer to the forum and not up with all the terminology! Thank you.

Could you tell me what the test email is please? I'm a newcomer to the forum and not up with all the terminology! Thank you.

Hi Sadge

The test email is what we are advised to send to get general updates from immigration about the latest status of processing the various parent visa subclasses.

On your acknowledgement they advise all applicants for parent visas to send a

"Test" email to their email address parents@immi.gov.au we are told to put "Test" in the subject line and nothing in the body of the email.

The idea is that this then triggers an automatic reply that gives the updates; however this auto reply doesn't always happen and the replies of late don't even mention the 143 visa at all.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes I got that one.

The auto reply ignoring our 143 applications is getting tiresome!!

At least as far as I know our application charges are fixed at the rate set when we lodged.

Bored waiting

Steve

Regards, Val

Hi Val

Hope you've had feedback by now?!

Like the "de nile" quip.

We've not told any of our family in the UK as yet but expect the same response - except the mother-in-law who will be glad to see the back of me!

Take care

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Parents

it looks like the decision on the annual immigration figures for 2015/16 is due on Tuesday 12th May 15 - maybe then we might get an indication of some progress. At least we will know how many Parents visas will be granted in the year. Hopefully it's the same or a higher level.

Julie

Hi Julie

I can't find any figures for 2015/6 yet - can you?

Regards

Steve

Hi Julie

Yes I got that one.

The auto reply ignoring our 143 applications is getting tiresome!!

At least as far as I know our application charges are fixed at the rate set when we lodged.

Bored waiting

Steve

Yes I think you're right on the charges Steve - I'm thinking IMMI have given up on the 'test' email - leaves us totally in the dark at how things are progressing. All eyes on the next person due a CO!

maisie

Hi Val

Hope you've had feedback by now?!

Like the "de nile" quip.

We've not told any of our family in the UK as yet but expect the same response - except the mother-in-law who will be glad to see the back of me!

Take care

Steve

Hi Steve,

It seems weird for me still contributing to this forum having had PR since October 2012 and still in the waiting room - so to speak! Everybody knows we are waiting to go! Even the staff in Asda are now saying "Are you still here?"! I only have one friend who will come to see us for definite and another who says she will but will never do the flight as she's only ever been as far as Majorca! It'll save us having to pay for a "goodbye" party!

Not had my feedback yet but the couple were only at the "firm offer" stage in their house selling process so they may have only been compiling a shortlist. Still, its manners to give feedback but, as they say in the north, there's nowt as queer as folk!

Just to clarify, shouldn't your timeline read February 2015 for acknowledgement??

Sit tight Steve and enjoy the British summer - and enjoy the interest on your dosh before the Oz government get it!

Cheers! Val

Hi Steve,

It seems weird for me still contributing to this forum having had PR since October 2012 and still in the waiting room - so to speak! Everybody knows we are waiting to go! Even the staff in Asda are now saying "Are you still here?"! I only have one friend who will come to see us for definite and another who says she will but will never do the flight as she's only ever been as far as Majorca! It'll save us having to pay for a "goodbye" party!

Not had my feedback yet but the couple were only at the "firm offer" stage in their house selling process so they may have only been compiling a shortlist. Still, its manners to give feedback but, as they say in the north, there's nowt as queer as folk!

Just to clarify, shouldn't your timeline read February 2015 for acknowledgement??

Sit tight Steve and enjoy the British summer - and enjoy the interest on your dosh before the Oz government get it!

Cheers! Val

Thanks Val - I've changed it now!!

Hi Sadge

The test email is what we are advised to send to get general updates from immigration about the latest status of processing the various parent visa subclasses.

On your acknowledgement they advise all applicants for parent visas to send a

"Test" email to their email address parents@immi.gov.au we are told to put "Test" in the subject line and nothing in the body of the email.

The idea is that this then triggers an automatic reply that gives the updates; however this auto reply doesn't always happen and the replies of late don't even mention the 143 visa at all.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Thank you. I'm sure I'll get to grips with all the jargon one day!

Hi Julie

I can't find any figures for 2015/6 yet - can you?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve

No I can't find anything either. I spent 30 mins yesterday skimming thro the Oz budget found the increases in visas charges but not much else. The document was hard work and I gave up. Someone somewhere knows the figures I guess we will have to wait for those too. We're busy getting the house ready to market when we get back from our daughter's wedding, it's never looked so nice. You know what it's like when you get all those "jobs" done that have been outstanding for ages! I must say putting the house on the market without progress news from IMMI is daunting but on the other hand it may well take ages to sell so we'll just have to see. Time to get back to the maintenance!

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi Steve

No I can't find anything either. I spent 30 mins yesterday skimming thro the Oz budget found the increases in visas charges but not much else. The document was hard work and I gave up. Someone somewhere knows the figures I guess we will have to wait for those too. We're busy getting the house ready to market when we get back from our daughter's wedding, it's never looked so nice. You know what it's like when you get all those "jobs" done that have been outstanding for ages! I must say putting the house on the market without progress news from IMMI is daunting but on the other hand it may well take ages to sell so we'll just have to see. Time to get back to the maintenance!

Julie

Hi Julie

I went through the budget document and there is nothing on there other than what you already mentioned around the fee changes. Also had a look in other areas via Google and can't find anything around the spaces available in 2015/16

Good luck with the house sale, I know what you mean about it being daunting about putting the house on the market before hearing from IMMI, having sold ours shortly after lodging our application and now living in a rental.

Joe

Hi all

Just tried the "Test" email again and guess what - the 143/173 is showing again now.

It says:-

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 23 August 2013"

So we exist again!!

Hooray!

Have a good weekend.

Steve