Guest guest36187

Hello to everyone still waiting, also those, who like us are waiting to depart. The packers are here at our rental, container tomorrow. Moving into a hotel for three nights (so we have time to do a spring clean!). Friend's house for two nights, up to Heathrow on Tuesday ready for our flight on Wednesday morning (don't want to risk getting stuck on the M25 'car park'!!). Arrive in Perth on Thursday. Have warned our daughter that she will not be able to see us behind the two moving mountains of luggage ??

All a bit daunting, and we are a tad apprehensive; our last great adventure though.

All our best wishes to you all, YOU WILL GET THERE IN THE END ? ? ?. Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Can't believe you are nearly on the way, thank you for all your posts that have helped us in the waiting room pass the time and answer our never ending questions. We wish you the best of luck in Australia with your family. Hopefully, we will be in your position in about a years time, subject to a house being sold and IMMI keeping up with their work. Best wishes.

Julie

Hello to everyone still waiting, also those, who like us are waiting to depart. The packers are here at our rental, container tomorrow. Moving into a hotel for three nights (so we have time to do a spring clean!). Friend's house for two nights, up to Heathrow on Tuesday ready for our flight on Wednesday morning (don't want to risk getting stuck on the M25 'car park'!!). Arrive in Perth on Thursday. Have warned our daughter that she will not be able to see us behind the two moving mountains of luggage ??

All a bit daunting, and we are a tad apprehensive; our last great adventure though.

Lots of luck to you Carolyn, you're going to have the most wonderful time xxxxxx

maisie xxx

Guest geordie joe

Hi Carolyn

The long journey is nearly over, the way you describe your last week it's like a military exercise, the last bit of planning all in place. I can understand the apprehension which I'm sure we all feel, but I guess you will have a very big smile on your face when you board that plane on Wednesday. You will need to keep us updated on how things go in sunny Perth.

regards

Joe

That's wonderful! Good luck in your new life.

Hi Carolyn you have reached the light at the end of the tunnel Congratulations. You must be so excited and looking forward to stepping on to Australian soil and becoming permanent residents. Hopefully we won't be too long behind you. Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Best Wishes

Ronnie

Hi Petina

Just read your timeline - have you actually submitted your form 80 - as I thought you didn't do this until you were asked by your case officer along with the medical and police certificate. Am now a bit worried!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Petina

Hi Sylvia,

We submitted Form 80 to our Migration Agent in December 2013. When they sent it off, I have no idea. Are you using a Migration Agent? Form 80 is not that difficult - just take it slowly and do in rough first (and have lots of coffee handy!!) LOL

Woke up to an email from Perth confirming the lodgement date of our 103 application and a receipt for the first VAC. I was so worrying that the credit card people would decline the payment even tho I had asked them to put a note on their system. I know the immi site says its a 30 year wait but we are planning for retirement really so about 15 years would suit us fine. I'm not going to get depressed at this stage that it could be years longer. I guess when we are in the queue in about 18 months or so we can track how quickly we are going up the queue and if it really is looking like taking 30 years we will need to bite the bullet and somehow find the cash for the contributory option. In the meantime I am going to allow myself a few days of going round with a smile on my face.

Guest geordie joe
Woke up to an email from Perth confirming the lodgement date of our 103 application and a receipt for the first VAC. I was so worrying that the credit card people would decline the payment even tho I had asked them to put a note on their system. I know the immi site says its a 30 year wait but we are planning for retirement really so about 15 years would suit us fine. I'm not going to get depressed at this stage that it could be years longer. I guess when we are in the queue in about 18 months or so we can track how quickly we are going up the queue and if it really is looking like taking 30 years we will need to bite the bullet and somehow find the cash for the contributory option. In the meantime I am going to allow myself a few days of going round with a smile on my face.

Great news Ruth, it's always nice when you take that next step towards your goal. Keep smiling.

Joe

Hi there Ruth,

If it makes you feel any better, I was on a different thread earlier today and there was mention of a migration agent in the final stages of obtaining a 103 for a client which was lodged on 2006.

It seems they aren't taking as long as they warned.

Keep smiling, Val

Hi Ruth

Our queue date for the 103 was Aug 2013 and currently we have 20,200 in front of us. We would find the money and pay for a 143 but I have a responsibility (94 yr old incredibly frail and increasingly confused mum) so we cant leave at the mo and decided to put our names on the 103 because it felt as though we were doing something constructive.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I was on the electronic calculator and played around with the date, trying the same date on different years. When I got back to 2008 (only five years earlier than our queue date) there were only 1300 in the queue ahead of that date. This made me feel incredibly positive since five years would suit us quite well (providing we can still get through the medical). Try it yourself ... just look up your date on an earlier year. You might have to play around a bit because I don't suppose they add a name every single day, but you should be able to compare the length of the queue at different times.

Kath

PS Hi Val - back on home turf here! I'm up late tonight because I'm expecting my first grandchild to be born sometime tonight or tomorrow and can't get to sleep. Even more reason to migrate ...

Hi Kath, hope you get some news soon, I know that feeling only too well! When are you going out to meet the new arrival? Ironically, we started this process back in 2010 when I heard the words "Mum, I'm pregnant". She is now 4 and we have another aged 2 and we are still here trying to sell up! We should have done it sooner really but didn't have a crystal ball unfortunately!

Hope all goes well with the birth, let us know when you get the news!

Regards, Val

Hi all

Just a note to all parents in the queue who might want to hire a car in Victoria when visiting.

Watch out for the speed cameras on the toll roads, just had 2 speeding tickets in the post for 185 dollars each for doing 6 Kms per hour Over the limit during our visit in January of this year. Needless to say it was the other half who was driving but me who got the bill as I hired the car! The lesson to be learn is make sure you have your cruise control on'!!!!!!!!!

:wacko:

Julie

Guest becky723359

Julie - if they are your 1st speed offenses here you could write a letter admitting the offense & stating your good driving history & you're likely to get a warning for 1 of them.

You're inly allowed 1 in 2 years (i think) & only if you went going really fast.

Google should help you out with sample letter to write.

Bec

Watch the tolls! I borrowed the little " thing " you put on the windscreen from my son when I went over the toll bridge near Brisbane but it must be connected to the car registration because they still sent a fine to the rental company who took it from my credit card.

Hi all

Just a note to all parents in the queue who might want to hire a car in Victoria when visiting.

Watch out for the speed cameras on the toll roads, just had 2 speeding tickets in the post for 185 dollars each for doing 6 Kms per hour Over the limit during our visit in January of this year. Needless to say it was the other half who was driving but me who got the bill as I hired the car! The lesson to be learn is make sure you have your cruise control on'!!!!!!!!!

:wacko:

Julie

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Hi everyone

Not posted for ages but looking for some advice. In Oz on a 173 and now want to 'upgrade' to 143. Not too sure which forms - 40 and 47PA???, or are there more? Also how do I pay the $325 application fee - tried phoning Immi but on hold forever

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Cath

Hi everyone

Not posted for ages but looking for some advice. In Oz on a 173 and now want to 'upgrade' to 143. Not too sure which forms - 40 and 47PA???, or are there more? Also how do I pay the $325 application fee - tried phoning Immi but on hold forever

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Cath

It's form 47PT and the methods of payment are as follows:

Method of payment

In Australia

To make a payment, please pay by credit card, debit card, bank

cheque or money order made payable to the Department of

Immigration and Border Protection. Debit card and credit card

are the preferred methods of payment.

Guest geordie joe
I need to get in my application for a 143 but keep putting it off as I can't decide if I should use an agent or not and if I do which to choose. Any advice?

We decided to complete the application ourselves and not to use an agent. if it's the completion of the forms that's putting you off going it alone I will say it's not as bad as you think. I'm sure a number of PIO regular posters could help with guidance around form completion. However if your situation is complex or you don't want to complete the forms then you need consider using an agent.

Joe

I need to get in my application for a 143 but keep putting it off as I can't decide if I should use an agent or not and if I do which to choose. Any advice?

Did you use an agent for the 173? We completed the forms ourselves and much of the information was taken from the forms already completed for the 143. We found it fairly straightforward. If you are in Australia you do need to keep immigration informed as they will need to advise you just before visa grant so you can go offshore. If you have anything which is not straightforward however, then using an agent would give you peace of mind.