Guest guest36187

hi Freesia, we are looking to do the same and plan flying out in December, can I ask how much notice did your CO give you prior to the grant to allow you to move offshore

I'm interested in this one too, we plan to do much the same thing after we've had our medicals and police checks ....... and of course if the house has sold!

Maisie

I'm interested in this one too, we plan to do much the same thing after we've had our medicals and police checks ....... and of course if the house has sold!

Maisie

Yes we'd love to do that as well, and like you it depends on the house sale and medicals.

Not stressful at all is it?!

Hi everyone- could have got granted a bit sooner but didn't want to take a holiday offshore as we had family visiting- so the waiting time was really around the 19month mark.I had also tipped over the 12m mark for my own time in Aus accumulated over annual trips here, so had to get an AFP check.

but basically , as soon as I paid the 2nd VAC & it had cleared they wanted me to pop off so they could do the right thing & grant.

When I got off the plane & switched my phone on , I discovered that the grant happened the moment I cleared Passport Control!

could have just had a walk around the airport ;)

And that's all you get- an email, still waiting to receive the actual written docs. I like things on paper !

Hi everyone- could have got granted a bit sooner but didn't want to take a holiday offshore as we had family visiting- so the waiting time was really around the 19month mark.I had also tipped over the 12m mark for my own time in Aus accumulated over annual trips here, so had to get an AFP check.

but basically , as soon as I paid the 2nd VAC & it had cleared they wanted me to pop off so they could do the right thing & grant.

When I got off the plane & switched my phone on , I discovered that the grant happened the moment I cleared Passport Control!

could have just had a walk around the airport ;)

And that's all you get- an email, still waiting to receive the actual written docs. I like things on paper !

Hi Freesia

That's really useful info, I'm assuming that you left the UK about 12 months into your application. Did you have your medicals in the UK or Oz?

We are hoping to do the same if our house sells, so any info would be great.

Julie

Hi Julie- yes just under a year after I applied I came over on a Visitor visa which was still current (651)

when that 3 month stay was nearly up I applied online for 600 - granted immediately with 9 months on it

then had Meds onshore in Sydney

Hi Freesia

Thks for the info. I hadn't realised that you could do Meds on shore. Congratulations on getting your visa here's wishing you a very happy retirement in Oz.

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes I got that test reply as well - I admire your optimism and hope you're right that immi catch up and get to us sooner rather than later.

Regards

Steve

May I ask what is the 'test email'?

Hi guys,

I submitted a 143 application for my mum and received an acknowledgement a few weeks ago. When I first submitted it, I Was going to apply for just my mum and not my dad due to financial reasons. However, with the AUD this low and my dad wanting to retire, I was wondering if it's possible to add my dad onto my mum's application? Would that be a problem?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I submitted a 143 application for my mum and received an acknowledgement a few weeks ago. When I first submitted it, I Was going to apply for just my mum and not my dad due to financial reasons. However, with the AUD this low and my dad wanting to retire, I was wondering if it's possible to add my dad onto my mum's application? Would that be a problem?

Thanks!

What was their marital status as per the lodged form 47PA?

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I'm pretty sure I put it them down as married. The reason why I didn't apply for the both of them was because my dad was still working and also I wasn't able to afford the cost for both parents.

What was their marital status as per the lodged form 47PA?

Best regards.

Hi,

about to send the precious application via Parcelflight. I am presuming anything other than the Post Office counts as a courier so will send it to the Wellington Road address. Is this right?

Also I was going to use a signed for service. Just wanted to check that they do 'signed for' at the destination as I dont want the application returned because there is no one available to sign for the package. What were other people's experience of this please? Don't want to get it wrong at this point.

Hi,

about to send the precious application via Parcelflight. I am presuming anything other than the Post Office counts as a courier so will send it to the Wellington Road address. Is this right?

Also I was going to use a signed for service. Just wanted to check that they do 'signed for' at the destination as I dont want the application returned because there is no one available to sign for the package. What were other people's experience of this please? Don't want to get it wrong at this point.

Hi Ruth

I remember the excitement of sending off the application. Make sure your courier has a tracking service then you can watch it online on the journey to Perth. I tells you where the parcel is at all time even thro customs in Perth and then you will get an acknowledgement stating what time it was delivered and who signed for it. Welcome to the long wait, you'll find this site invaluable for advice and it also helps you make it thro the long wait. We're just over 8 months into the process and hope to be off to Melbourne in 2016. Where are you heading?

Julie

Hi,

All the parcels I've ever sent via parcelflight have had a tracking number and delivery signature. Just ensure you have electronic and hard copies of everything (really just for your own peace of mind) its so much more scary sending the huge bank cheque at the other end of the process!

Good luck!

Val

Thanks Val, it's scary wanting to make sure the paperwork gets there let alone a hugh bank cheque.

Hi Julie, Melbourne is ultimately our destination. Looking at Fitzroy area or Collingwood side near to Fitzroy where we have stayed on previous trips( we are early 50's so don't have to worry about schools etc lol). Also considering Prahran and Windsor area. Planning our next visit feb next year so planning to look at other areas to make sure we know where we want to be. What about you?

Thanks Val, it's scary wanting to make sure the paperwork gets there let alone a hugh bank cheque.

Hi Julie, Melbourne is ultimately our destination. Looking at Fitzroy area or Collingwood side near to Fitzroy where we have stayed on previous trips( we are early 50's so don't have to worry about schools etc lol). Also considering Prahran and Windsor area. Planning our next visit feb next year so planning to look at other areas to make sure we know where we want to be. What about you?

Hi Ruth

We're also heading for Melbourne, our daughter lives in Hawthorn at the moment but has plans to move to Mentone on the coast. We've been over twice, recently in December and January for 7 weeks. We don't like city life so will be heading down the Mornington to Peninsular to either Mt Martha, Balnarring or Somers. A bit of a commute to visit our daughter but we're used to a quieter lifestyle and our daughter is more than happy to have us up to an hour away rather than on the other side of the world.

Julie

Yeah Julie I know what you mean. Our son is in Brunswick East currently and used to be in Fitzroy. We are definately City folk. We don't mind being not too near him as I'm sure he won't want to see us too often after being here for six years without us! We are considering other areas not too far from the city such as Prahran and Windsor. We like it quite busy with plenty of cafes, bars, restaurants and independant shops. Also got to have good transport links as don't plan to have a car if we can manage without. However I have heard really good things about the Mornington area and Mt Martha in particular. It's not an area I am familiar with and I keep worrying I am missing something by sticking to the inner suburbs but ultimately think it is right for us. If anyone can make suggestions based on our criteria that would be really helpful as we are planning our next visit to really narrow down what areas we are looking in.

Hi Ruth

If you going to be relying on public transport then Mornington Mt Martha is probably not for you. train service goes as far as Frankston but personally I wouldn't want to live there.

Have a look at some of the Bayside resorts like Brighton down to Mentone and surrounding areas, good transport links. despite mixed reviews some parts of St Kilda are really nice with great transport to CBD. williamstown is also very nice you can get in by train or ferry.

Hawthorn and Camberwell have plenty of restaurants and bars. Easy train into the city.

Julie

Hi

can someone help please ?

we have been granted visa 143 and have until 15 August to validate the visa

we don't expect to be able to enter Oz permanently until after this date because we need to sell our property

is one allowed to to register for medicare on our initial entry or must we register after our arrival on a permanent basis ? ie post 15 August 2015

Cheers

Hi

we don't expect to be able to enter Oz permanently until after this date because we need to sell our property

is one allowed to to register for medicare on our initial entry or must we register after our arrival on a permanent basis ? ie post 15 August 2015

Cheers

Hi Veronique,

We validated our visa in 2012 and we still don't yet live there! We have been over a couple of times on holiday but you don't have to register for medicare as until you are a permanent resident, you will be treated as per the reciprocal agreement if you need care or treatment. I still take out holiday insurance though.

We have also tried to get a tax file number but, again, no need till we are actually living there.

Having just reduced our house again this week, we are hopeful of a few viewings and with luck an offer! Ideally we'll be there by July!

Enjoy your validation trip - a good opportunity to do more research!

Regards, Val

Hi

Cheers

Hi Veronique

Congratulations on your visa grant, another runner past the finishing line :-) Hope you sell your house quickly and you get to start your life in Oz soon x

Best wishes

maisie