Guest guest36187

If my memory is correct, the reason there is a backlog from June 2014 is most probably because the visa fees always increase on July 1st and everybody rushes to get their applications in before then.

Hope this gives those of you a much needed reason.................Val

Hi Val

I think it was that along with the erroneous abolition of the 103 visa.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Val

I think it was that along with the erroneous abolition of the 103 visa.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Yes they had an unprecedented number of applications for 103's in June. Something like 3000 a week because everyone panicked to get their applications in before the government closed the scheme in June. Back open now because it was not legal to close it in that fashion. I just hope all of this does not affect the overall processing time for us on CPV 143's.

hopefully you should get your acknowledgement soon - the waiting room is getting very crowded!

Julie

Hi Steve

Yes they had an unprecedented number of applications for 103's in June. Something like 3000 a week because everyone panicked to get their applications in before the government closed the scheme in June. Back open now because it was not legal to close it in that fashion. I just hope all of this does not affect the overall processing time for us on CPV 143's.

hopefully you should get your acknowledgement soon - the waiting room is getting very crowded!

Julie

Hi Julie

I've stopped holding my breath in anticipation - it was getting dangerous!

Best wishes

Steve

Hi

Auto reply working again. They are assessing 143/173 lodgements for 21 June 2013 !! , which means they have progressed 7 days since 8 Jan (we were assigned our CO on 8 Jan with lodgement date of 14 June 2013)

Any more news for you Veronique. We leave on March 11th, we have just realised that is only four weeks away. Oh my goodness.

Didn't go for a PM this time. Hope you hear very soon.

We have been asked for money for visa so it can' be long before our visa arrives. At long last just about there

=carob;1936689046]Any more news for you Veronique. We leave on March 11th, we have just realised that is only four weeks away. Oh my goodness.

Just thought I'd pop back and update as it's always nice to hear when people get their visas!

My parents 173>143 was granted yesterday, so 2.5 years since their original application :)

Timeline was:

24th June 2014 - 143 Application Submitted

August 2014 - PCC and AOS requested

September 2014 - AOS Completed

2nd Feb 2015 - 2nd VAC Requested

7th Feb 2015 - 2nd VAC Paid

10th Feb 2015 - 143 GRANTED!

They are pretty chuffed to be PR now, especially as their contracts go through on some land they've purchased in the next couple of weeks - means they'll get their $10k FHBG instead of having to wait. Think they are a bit shell shocked at the outlay, but still love it every day they are here. And they are super happy as they are here in time to welcome their first grandchild - having my parents 5 minutes away when I have our first in August is going to be Awesome!!

Good luck everyone! :smile:

We have been asked for money for visa so it can' be long before our visa arrives. At long last just about there

=carob;1936689046]Any more news for you Veronique. We leave on March 11th, we have just realised that is only four weeks away. Oh my goodness.

That's great news for you - bet you're getting excited!

Where are you heading for?

Best wishes

Steve

Just thought I'd pop back and update as it's always nice to hear when people get their visas!

My parents 173>143 was granted yesterday, so 2.5 years since their original application :)

Timeline was:

They are pretty chuffed to be PR now, especially as their contracts go through on some land they've purchased in the next couple of weeks - means they'll get their $10k FHBG instead of having to wait. Think they are a bit shell shocked at the outlay, but still love it every day they are here. And they are super happy as they are here in time to welcome their first grandchild - having my parents 5 minutes away when I have our first in August is going to be Awesome!!

Hi that's great news for you all.

Time seems to be dragging for us - not even had our acknowledgement yet.

I noticed that you're in Perth - that's where we're heading as our son lives there.

Would be interested to know more about the land purchase and grant as we're heading over in May for a fact finding exercise and holiday.

Best wishes and congratulations on your forth coming new arrival.

Steve

Edited by The Pom Queen
corrected spelling

Timeline was:

Ooh, you must all be very excited. Yes, understand about the shell shock! We arrive on Perth on 12th March, our 143 was granted about three weeks ago. We have the extra baggage allowance, which apparently will be granted at the airport, although we have email confirmation. The airline required quite a lot of additional info and they phoned us as well. As I said in one of my earlier posts it is akin to arriving at the bottom of a helterskelter. ??

Every good wish to you all.

Hi

Can anyone help? Yesterday I read a very detailed report by Orphan SAAustralia but now can't find it. It gave details on just about everything re the 143 CPV visa. Anyone else read it and if so, where can I find it? Still waiting to be told to go for the medicals and do Police checks - hopefully in March/April. Very much a waiting game this!!

Hi

Can anyone help? Yesterday I read a very detailed report by Orphan SAAustralia but now can't find it. It gave details on just about everything re the 143 CPV visa. Anyone else read it and if so, where can I find it? Still waiting to be told to go for the medicals and do Police checks - hopefully in March/April. Very much a waiting game this!!

Hi

It would appear that the moderator has deleted this useful and interesting link.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. What a shame as it was quite useful to have all that information!

Anita

Hi Anita

Yes it is a shame - perhaps they would explain why the removed it

Out of interest what's your progress and lodgement date if you don't mind me asking.

All the best

Steve

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Anita

Yes it is a shame - perhaps they would explain why the removed it

Out of interest what's your progress and lodgement date if you don't mind me asking.

All the best

Steve

We did explain to the OP. I'm sure you are all aware of copyright law, so unfortunately it needed to be removed. We do have similar lists that can be found here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/37024-really-useful-do-list.html

and here

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/content/8-emigrating-checklist-departure.html

Admin

We did explain to the OP. I'm sure you are all aware of copyright law, so unfortunately it needed to be removed. We do have similar lists that can be found here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/37024-really-useful-do-list.html

and here

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/content/8-emigrating-checklist-departure.html

Admin

Brilliant - thank you!!:cool:

Ooh, you must all be very excited. Yes, understand about the shell shock! We arrive on Perth on 12th March, our 143 was granted about three weeks ago. We have the extra baggage allowance, which apparently will be granted at the airport, although we have email confirmation. The airline required quite a lot of additional info and they phoned us as well. As I said in one of my earlier posts it is akin to arriving at the bottom of a helterskelter. 

Every good wish to you all.

You must be sooooooo excited :-) Can I ask which airline you're flying with and how do you go about getting the extra baggage allowance please?

Best Wishes

Maisie

Hey Admin @Pomqueen

I apologize for not abiding the copyright law, but my only motive was to help the future applicants of 143 Visa.The OP of the 143 guide ( Orphan ) worked really hard on the visa subject and im sure he would love to share it with anyone.If you want his official approval, i will send it you! @Petina you can check the links given by the admin, they may have the info your require.

cheers

Rich

Regarding extra baggage, I'm sure there have been other posts somewhere about this. We applied using the enquiry form on Singspore's site, giving visa details, flight and reference number with date. It has to be an unnvalidated PR visa, which the 143 is. A search can be done on PIO if you put in "extra baggage". We had a couple of emails from them, asking us to get our travel agent to issue another eticket. A couple of conversations ensued with my OH so I am a bit hazy on their content. However, the email does say that the extra will be confirmed at the airport, even though they state that we have got it!! Soo, make of that what you will! Obviously your ticket has to be booked to do this. I don't know about other airlines I'm afraid.

Hope this makes some kind of sense, sounds a bit convoluted when I read it back.

Regarding extra baggage, I'm sure there have been other posts somewhere about this. We applied using the enquiry form on Singspore's site, giving visa details, flight and reference number with date. It has to be an unnvalidated PR visa, which the 143 is. A search can be done on PIO if you put in "extra baggage". We had a couple of emails from them, asking us to get our travel agent to issue another eticket. A couple of conversations ensued with my OH so I am a bit hazy on their content. However, the email does say that the extra will be confirmed at the airport, even though they state that we have got it!! Soo, make of that what you will! Obviously your ticket has to be booked to do this. I don't know about other airlines I'm afraid.

Hope this makes some kind of sense, sounds a bit convoluted when I read it back.

Thank you so much for the info, and it makes perfect sense :-)

Best wishes

maisie

Hi Steve,

We applied 28th August 2013, 1st VAC paid in October, acknowledgement was 26th November and we think we will be doing our medicals in March/April followed by police checks (for UK and OZ as I have been in Oz for over 1 year, within the last 10 years). Form 80 was submitted to Migration Officer in December. We hope settle in Ballina NSW or Queensland as our family all live in or around Brisbane. Where are you hoping to go?

Regards

Anita

Anita