Anyone from Merseyside

Guest Ange

Guest neil smith

Hello all,

We are finally on count down, fly out June 27th !!

Got Crown coming a week tomorrow.

Final de-clutter has comenced, We have got a big pile of Australia / New Zealand magazines free to a good home. Must pick up though.

We are in Widnes, can arrange for Liverpool or Southport too.

Neil

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was born in Birkenhead but lived in Wallasey until the age of 22 then Melbourne.

AllrightderScousers?

'Elloder all Scousers, Plazzies, Wools and bretheren.

Here goes with the 6 (or is that 2?) degrees of seperation...

We've been here in Melbourne for just over six years now. Born & raised in Prenton, Birkenhead / studied & worked in Liverpool. Currently in the North East suburbs.

What's you story? Red or Blue, play / watch footy...

Heyyy!!

We are from Kirkby and Old Swan - been here 2 years in Melbourne suburbs. Sister and Bro In Law - Fazakerly - here too - and met up with a family from dat der Wirral.

We are all blues (going to watch them vs Melbourne!!) apart from the missus who is a red scumbag!!

Anyway - miss certain scouse things but you just cant beat the sun!!!

Jody, Nicola, Reece, Oscar and bump!!

Heyyy!!

We are from Kirkby and Old Swan - been here 2 years in Melbourne suburbs. Sister and Bro In Law - Fazakerly - here too - and met up with a family from dat der Wirral.

We are all blues (going to watch them vs Melbourne!!) apart from the missus who is a red scumbag!!

Anyway - miss certain scouse things but you just cant beat the sun!!!

Jody, Nicola, Reece, Oscar and bump!!

Nice one Lid.

Bluenoses eh? In the spirit of the old friendly Derby days then Squire - hope you are well and wish your team all the best in next seasons endevours. Me, I am a man of Shankly's best, the team that plaaaay the Liverpool way and win the Championship....erm well use to like. Be an interesting one next year with Woy in charge...You going to see your People's club in a real stadium this pre-season? Silly question eh.

'Dat der Wirral' is bandit country for you Scousers so I have been told.

Anyway, we live in Macleod (Greensborough way). I still play footy in the city for Middle Park ( www.mpfc.com.au ). There's a Blue there as well - you may even have crossed paths, although he does live in Yarraville, Steve Houghton his name. Otherwise all the other Scousers I know are Reds.

D'ya work in the city mate or out in de sticks...

It will defo be an interesting season ahead, liverpool are now like everton - half decent squad, half decent manager and no money!!

Cant wait to go the ethihad - really weird to think it might the the last time I see Everton play - after 25 years of going the match!

Anyway - we are in Pakenham, started a business out here so we only really go to the city visiting - we did have a stall on vic market, dandy and the carribean but all from Pakenham now - were at Phillip Island more often than the city!!

'Dandy and the Carribean' ? Sounds interesting mate - am I jumping to conclusions and thinking of West Indian food stuff...just saying this 'cos I love Hot Sauces and secretly hoping it might be like. You'll probably tell me it's a personal clothing line bringing back the Dandy Highwayman fashions of artists such as Adam & the Ants now!

Anyroad good luck eh.

Ha ha No Sorry - I meant Dandenong Market and the Caribbean Market in Scoresby!!

Ha ha The Caribbean I wish!!!

Guest brucie
Hiya we are from Widnes, going to brisbane on the 8th aug with our two kids girl 16 boy 14.Would love to talk to locals, not on tooo much longer as we have to out of our house on the 18th of this month.

col and pip

Hi Col n Pip,

there r a lot of expats here in brizzvegas have u decided were 2 settle yet? if not take a look at some of the other threads but im sure u have anyway, we r lucky r kids were born here and wonder what its like back in the UK but im happy here, good luck with everything its a bit cold at the moment cos its our winter, bring on the spring:jiggy:

Guest itskaren
Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

Hi Ange

Welcome. I am sure there are thousands from ''up North'' that's why the Northerners think Australia is paradise!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Col and Jo

Hi i am from the wirral and migrated nearly 2 years ago.

We live on the sunshine coast, qld and love the weather.

The lifestyle is great if you can get the right job!

Guest Col and Jo

We are from the wirral and migrated nearly 2 years ago.

Love the weather. Lifestyle is good if you get the right job!

Guest Col and Jo

Hi Joy,

We are from Prenton.

I know a few people from Wallasey.

We love living on the sunshine coast. We chose it for the weather!

Melbourne is amazing, we went on a trip there last weekend to catch up with some friends. It felt cold for us! I think we have gone soft with the Queensland acclimatisation.

Where abouts in Melbourne do you live? Our friends are West of Melbourne at Ocean Grove.:jiggy:

Hi Col and Jo,

We are in the Outer East, Croydon Hills. Yes it is cold in Melbourne this time of year, must admit i do prefer the weather up where you are, but there seems to be more work opportunities down here. I think we will probably end up on the Sunshine Coast at some point though. Where on the Sunshine Coast are you?

Guest Col and Jo

We're in Currimundi, not far from Caloundra. Its definately true about the jobs, you're right. Hopefully it will get better up here on the work front, until then we'll have to settle for the beautiful beaches and sun!

Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

Hi,Yes I am from Liverpool (originally),Now living in Blackpool and wanting to Migrate to Australia!

I passed my Skills Test with Vetessass in May 2010 (Motor Mechanic)and I will be 45 in October 2010,now just starting my visa application (175) but now due to the new English Language Test I only have 100 points,so apparently will have to go in a pool for my visa application?

Have you any tips to get the visa and what about jobs over in OZ?

thanks

Steve.

Guest scubabud

Hi Steve

we too are from liverpool and are going through the visa process now OH has just turned 45, have u thought about going SS to get you the extra points and maybe a quicker visa.

good luck with your process

Marg

• 1 month later...

Hi Marg

We too are from Liverpool, and oh is a Painter & Decorator and has now turned 46, but put application in when he was 44. Seem forever since we started the process. We are looking at Mandurah or Carramar. I have friends in Mandurah.

I see from another thread you have been contacted for more documents, good luck, It looks like they they want P&D's then.

Good luck.:wink:

Donna

Steve Robbo, dont know about Visa's, but getting work as a Mechanic should be easy. We are thinking the other way been in Melbourne over 20 years and really want to get back to Merseyside. How would my hubby go getting work there as Mechanic?

Guest wenders411

Im from Southport. (borderline Merseyside i know!)

Been living in Sydney 2 years with my OH from Dublin. We are 29 & 34. Would be great to meet any Merseyside neighbours in Oz! Please join my facebook group Pommies in Sydney, and would be great to arrange a Mersey meetup! :)

W x

Guest scubabud
Hi Marg

We too are from Liverpool, and oh is a Painter & Decorator and has now turned 46, but put application in when he was 44. Seem forever since we started the process. We are looking at Mandurah or Carramar. I have friends in Mandurah.

I see from another thread you have been contacted for more documents, good luck, It looks like they they want P&D's then.

Good luck.:wink:

Donna

Hi Donna

Nice to see a fellow scouser going through the same, OH has spoken to a few friends in the building trade over in WA and they have said there's plenty of work to be found especially if you can paper hang as not many out there can. Were about in liverpool are you, We're in Gateacre

good luck

Marg

Hi Donna

Nice to see a fellow scouser going through the same, OH has spoken to a few friends in the building trade over in WA and they have said there's plenty of work to be found especially if you can paper hang as not many out there can. Were about in liverpool are you, We're in Gateacre

good luck

Marg

Hi Marg

Yes OH is a paper hanger, so hopefully he will be ok, if or when we we get there. We are from Netherton, by Switch Island.

Where about in Oz are you moving to..

Best wishes

Donna :biggrin:

Guest scubabud

Hi Donna

Sorry not been on for a while, hopefully heading for Perth if the DIAC ever get their backside in gear, got asked for more information about two months ago and then nothing since, lest hope things will start moving very soon.

best wishes

Marg

• 1 month later...
Guest THE3BEARS

Hiya, we are from Liverpool and just moved to Brisbane.

We have a 2 year old son and living on the north side.

Any one fancy meeting up for a coffee??

Clair

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beverlee

Hiya, myself and hubby moved to Rockingham, WA in July from Birkenhead. I'm 28 and hubby is 33 - we have a daughter and im expecting a bubs in January.

Anyone close by? Would love to make some friends!!!

Archived