Anyone from Merseyside

Guest Ange

Hi all, 1st post and new to the forum and have just started the whole proccess of emigrating we are doing our own visa's and are hpoing to be living in Perth sometime next year depending how long it takes looking at Port Kennedy or surrounding areas, we are just deciding weather to come in on a 175 or 176 as we have heard a 176 maybe quicker to get in, we dont want to leave it much longer as our eldest boy (5 soon) is worrying weather he will make friends ahh and our youngest is 1 this month so he aint got a clue, just got to have a look tonight on the TRA website fingers crossed.

P.S we are from Wavertree but are now living off Bowering park rd

Dave, Claire, Luke and William

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spain63

Hi dave,claire,luke and william Im from st.helens merseyside and were hoping to be living in perth

looking at the joondalup area .My partner has applied for a 176 visa he is a cabinet maker .

Good luck with everything

Keep in touch

Jan

Hi dave,claire,luke and william Im from st.helens merseyside and were hoping to be living in perth

looking at the joondalup area .My partner has applied for a 176 visa he is a cabinet maker .

Good luck with everything

Keep in touch

Jan

Hi Jan how far into the process are you an what agency you using

Dave, Claire, Luke and William

Guest spain63

Hello all,

I would say were half way through it , but its been so time consuming awaiting on others to get back with documents etc. Were using ian harrop and they have been very good up to now.

Hi All

Im Debbie and im in Aintree, for now anyway, hoping to move to Brissie or Melbourne (dependant on hubbys work). We applied for our visa 3 months ago, 175, hubbys job on the demand list/CSL so hopefully the wait wont be too long.

Debbie, Stuart, Sian, Sophie & Scott

xx

Hi All

Im Debbie and im in Aintree, for now anyway, hoping to move to Brissie or Melbourne (dependant on hubbys work). We applied for our visa 3 months ago, 175, hubbys job on the demand list/CSL so hopefully the wait wont be too long.

Debbie, Stuart, Sian, Sophie & Scott

xx

Fingers crossed, just want to get out there now as we have talked about it for sooooooooooooooooo long

Guest spain63

Hi Debbie im from st.helens hoping to move to perth started the process off in jan this year.O.h is a cabinet maker . I really am looking forward to this big move .

Keep in touch

Jan

We started the process off at the end of Jan 2008 and I remember people saying to me it takes approx two years from when you make the decision to landing in the country, I thought no way will it take that long and yes they were right, looks like that is the timescale we will be looking at.

If you have the choice though go for the 176 it is a lot quicker but then you dont have the freedom to move around as you do on the 175, but thats for you to choose which is the best option for your family.

We have always wanted the 175 visa (the golden ticket) and are happy to wait for it.

Will be nice to keep in touch with you all.

Debbie

xxx

Guest spain63

Hi Debbie we have applied for a 176 visa and using a really good agent to help us along the way.

but im so impatient i wanna go now .Anyway keep in touch and let us know how u get on

Nice talking to you

Jan

Guest sharrondodd

hi we are from birkenhead, started process in Jan but has been on hold for last 3mths while we planned our wedding just got to fill out skills assess form and part with lots ot money, sure it will all be worth it.

sharron

Guest MichyH

I have been in Brisbane for 9 weeks now (newy) Where are you thinkin of settlin? Very difficult deciding where to go we did have Perth in mind at the beginning of process.

Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

Guest spain63

Hi sharon im from st.helens merseyside hope ur well.Id say were probably at the same stage at urselves .My partner is a cabinet maker and were looking at going to perth around the joondalup area.

Keep in touch and good luck with everything

Jan

Hi Sharon,

Good luck with your plans, where are you planning on heading too? We are in Melbourne been here 20 years, from Wallasey, not far from you. Maybe we could catch up once you get here if Melbourne is your place to land.

Guest sharrondodd

we were originally planning to go to melbourne but they took carpenters off the critical list so we are now planning to go to Brisbane like yourselves. We will have to keep in touch i might need info about areas once we get further into our application. how long did the whole process take you before you arrived in Oz?

Guest Carolm

Hi

We live in Burscough - just outside Ormskirk - both originally from Liverpool. We are planning on moving to Berwick (south east Victoria) in Sept this year. We are going over on a 457 visa. I have a job in Berwick at Casey hospital as a midwife and I am the main visa applicant. I have my registration in Victoria and am just waiting for DIAC to approve my visa application. They are just waiting for my medical information which was sent to them last week. Hubby is planning on finding work when we get out there - don't really know how difficult this will be. Would be nice to have some contacts out there!!

Carol

Guest AngelaandTony

Hi Jan

I'm from St Helens and hoping to move to Perth with my husband Tony just as soon as we get a visa. Looking to move somewhere in Perth not quite sure where. Started the process in December 08. Got skills assessment and state sponsorship and just lodged application with diac so hopefully not long now. Going on a 176 sponsored visa. How about you?

Good luck with your application.

Angela

Guest oggie1
hi we are from birkenhead, started process in Jan but has been on hold for last 3mths while we planned our wedding just got to fill out skills assess form and part with lots ot money, sure it will all be worth it.

sharron

Hi Sharron we are in Birkenhead as well near TRFC,hoping to get to Brisbane by the end of the year all being well.

If you want a gab 'gis a shout:biggrin:

Rowena.

Guest spain63

hI Angela & Tony great to hear from you .Were abouts in st.helens are u ? Were in Eccleston right near the saints ground.Well ur just ahead of us on ur application and we too are on a 176 sponsored visa going to perth o/h is a cabinet maker .

look forward to hearing back from you.

jan

Guest AngelaandTony

Just in Grange Park. Living with Tony's parents at the minute trying to save up for the big move. Where are you up to with your app? Isn't it a pain waiting for things to happen? We have used an agency to get things movin and so far they have been great. Always keeping us up to date with any changes. We only decided to move in December so things have moved quite quickly, luckily our house rented quick and we sold everything apart from our clothes ha ha! How about you?

Do you know whereabouts in Perth you want to live? Thought about some suburbs but really not got anything definite planned. Just as long as we get there!

Angela

We started the process off at the end of Jan 2008 and I remember people saying to me it takes approx two years from when you make the decision to landing in the country, I thought no way will it take that long and yes they were right, looks like that is the timescale we will be looking at.

We thought the very same thing when we made the decision to go... TWO YEARS!!! "...yer havin a laugh" etc etc...

and here we are two and a half years down the line for us, just about to head off to NSW to validate our visas (something we neither expected or budgeted for).

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

Phil

Guest spain63

Hi Angela we sold our house in the dec and been in rented acc ever since its a new build and we really dropped on landlady said we could stay here till we get our visa. Speaking of visa yes it is a pain i dont think i,ve had as many headaches ha .Were up to the final stages of the skill assessment just awaiting two more docs , its so frustrating especially when people say yes i,ll give you a reference and it takes for ages for them too get back. .I suppose we,ll get there in the end.

Were looking at the Joondalup area in perth supposed to be quite nice there.

Do You want My e-mail Address ?

Archived