Anyone from Merseyside

Guest Ange

Hi all,

quite new to the site joined sometime last week. Is there anyone using this from Merseyside? It would be great to chat to some locals, not that there is anything wrong with the rest of you! lol

Hi Ange

we are from the Wirral. hubby is due to take his pratical test in bricklaying in Feb. Then we can upload if succesful. Where about you from? We are hoping to head for Sydney.

sharon, Dan and Matthew

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi sarah , coming over with oh paul 32, myself 39 our 3 children who are brad 13 , chloe 10 and afiya 2 no job at moment but pauls trade high in demand so fingers crossed.hope to see you soon ..... take care karen xx

Karen hi

How you doing? Plans back on? Give us a tex we can catch up at port sunlight for them fab chips. Hope you are all well. sharon xxxx:cute:

Guest dannii28

Hi Ange,

we are from bootle, heading to gold coast, i work for ambulance service and o/h a plasterer. he has just passed tra and visa being lodged this wk!!!:biglaugh:

dan

Guest spain63

Hello to everyone from the merseyside area . I live in st.helens and hoping to be in perth after xmas .Not been to oz before but im really looking forward to it.

hi,

live in halewood by the rspca if anyone knows it, hoping to move to queensland next year, have just started the process. I'm a nurse, currently working at fazakerley hospital, hubby's a sleep technologist he also works there. Have sent off for my nursing registration so once thats sorted everything should move quickly hopefully. Still undecided about where to live, have a few places in mind, like rockhampton, townsville, brisbane or somewhere on the goldcoast. we have 2 kids one 14 the other 4. Just trying to absorb as much information as possible so having a gab with other people would be great.

:hug:

Guest hazelandmathew

Hiya everyone im fairly new to this, well been looking on it for a few months but ony been putting messages on for a few days.

me and my hubby are from kirkby and are hopefully gonna be in brisbane by mid feb.my hubby is starting teacher training out there.

hope evrybodies applications are gong well and your all not going mental with the waiting

cheers

Haze

ps does anybody know if there are any meet ups in merseyside soon.id love to come along if there is one:wub:

Hiya everyone im fairly new to this, well been looking on it for a few months but ony been putting messages on for a few days.

me and my hubby are from kirkby and are hopefully gonna be in brisbane by mid feb.my hubby is starting teacher training out there.

hope evrybodies applications are gong well and your all not going mental with the waiting

cheers

Haze

ps does anybody know if there are any meet ups in merseyside soon.id love to come along if there is one:wub:

Hi Hazel, im just down the road from you in Aintree, not sure yet where we are off, still early days for us, hopefully will be in 2009, dependent on length of time the visas are taking.

Whereabouts in Kirkby are you.

Debbie

xxx

Guest phillandmandy

hi where in wallasey early days for us too just getting info off other people and the net does anyone know what a tra is thanks mandy

Hi

I am from Melling / Maghull area originally, now living in Berwick, just outside Melbourne. We have been here 2 months and love it so far.

Hey,

We are from Kirkby, living in Pakenham, been here two months and we too are loving it!!!!

We were in Berwick today, went to the Botanical park, very nice!!!

See Ya!!:jiggy::jiggy:

hi where in wallasey early days for us too just getting info off other people and the net does anyone know what a tra is thanks mandy

hello mandy, Trades Recognition Authority, one of the australian bodies that recognises your quals, city and guilds etc,good luck anyway

Guest phillandmandy
hello mandy, Trades Recognition Authority, one of the australian bodies that recognises your quals, city and guilds etc,good luck anyway

thanks pablo great my husbands got a witta level 4 in drainage am 100% sure that we can go over with that thanks

Guest phillandmandy

hi xtonight how are you finding the longer hours and less pay if thats right , what the price houses like there od renting prices where still early days at the moment just trying to find out info of people and the net before we apply for are visas really looking forward to comming over house is up on the market , are you missing cold windy britain lol how are you dealing with missing family ? thanks so much sorry about all the questions lol hope to speak soon philland mandy

Guest spain63

:smile:Hi There, great to hear back from you, was wondering do you know anything about the school education for my 12 year old ( do i have to pay ?) .Were only on long stay visas but we both have trades!.

Im new to the site and its great to hear from you all

I wish you well

Hi

OH originally from Liverpool, I was born there but didn't live there very long. Living just outside Ormskirk now. Just started the process of moving to Oz - I have a job offer. Going to Melbourne hopefully Aug /Sep next yr.

Guest spain63

23_29_124.gifange im jan from the st.helens area, planning to go to perth as soon as house is sold .only became a member yest and i love the site

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=undefined

Guest spain63

23_29_124.gifto the taylor Family ,greetings from st.helens merseyside,my name is jan and i plan to be in perth hopefully after xmas just waiting on the sale of my house.

Goood luck to you all

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=undefined

hi xtonight how are you finding the longer hours and less pay if thats right , what the price houses like there od renting prices where still early days at the moment just trying to find out info of people and the net before we apply for are visas really looking forward to comming over house is up on the market , are you missing cold windy britain lol how are you dealing with missing family ? thanks so much sorry about all the questions lol hope to speak soon philland mandy

Hi Phil and Mandy

Still looking for jobs, things are slowing a bit as it's christmas and the holiday season. From what I know in my line of work(pharmceutical / medical companies) both the wages and hours seem to be the same as in the UK. OH is in IT and he is finding the wages a little lower than the Uk.

Houses in the Berwick area are aound $400 / week to rent for that you get 4 beds/ garage small garden. It pays to go in to the rental agents as soon as you get here and talk to them so they keep you in mind for properties becoming available. It is quite competative getting a rental but being new to Australia is not a problem, my advice is bring with you bank and mortgage statements, if possible a work / character reference also offer to pay more than a months rent up front if possible.

We are looking to buy next year and hope to get a good sized piece of land and 4 bed new house for around $400K. In Berwick / Pakenham / Cranbourne area you can get a brand new 3 bed house and land package for around $300K although you will get little in the way of garden.

I have spoken to family and friends every week since arriving and keep in touch with MSN and e-mail and can honestly say at this moment I am not missing anyone (sounds terrible!) I am sure come christmas I will miss tham all a little though.

There is so much to see and do around this area and Berwick is about the same distance from Melbourne as Ormskirk is to Liverpool so easy to visit the big city but nice live closer to the country. Absolutely not missing Britain although we have had our share of wet and windy weather here in the last few weeks and some fantastic thunder storms.

If you have any questions ask away, I will do my best to answer.

Xtonite

Hey,

We are from Kirkby, living in Pakenham, been here two months and we too are loving it!!!!

We were in Berwick today, went to the Botanical park, very nice!!!

See Ya!!:jiggy::jiggy:

Hi

How are you liking Pakenham? We are planning to visit all the display homes this weekend around Heritage springs with a view to buying there (the land is a bit cheaper).

The Botanical park is lovely, we have only been once and the kids loved the play park.

Have you been to Cardinia Resevoir yet? We drove passed one evening and stopped to look at the kangaroos who were all grazing by the fences, it was amazing (we had only been here a week), we plan to go again during the day to have a look round.

Xtonite

Hi everyone, we come from the Wirral, originally Wallasey and hubs from Bebington, we have two kids Ryan 11 Caitlin 6. Been here now 5 weeks, we are all loving it, even tho we are still billy no mates, people are very friendly tho. We stayed in Brisbane 2 weeks, then Redcliffe 3 weeks and now we are settled in Cleveland which is lovely. We are renting at the mo but hopefully buy somewhere local next year. Homesickness hasnt hit us yet, I am sure it will one day, but right now we are so glad we went through all the hassle to get here, it really was worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sexkit001

Hi, we are from Huyton and hoping to move to Perth by next Christmas, we are just starting the process... excited about the whole journey...

xx

Archived