Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

jaycee,

Just so that we understand where you are coming from,can you explain why several of your posts today have come from an IP address associated with Australian Parliament House?.

Are you employed by the government,and if so in what capacity,and are your comments on this thread your own or do you claim to speak on behalf of the government.

If you can clarify these points it would be of benefit.

Busted :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie

Please note jaycee that I am not seeking to deny you your right to express your views or to censor them,however it is important principle of PIO that anyone who may have a conflict of interest on an issue declares it upfront so that the issues do not become clouded in conspiracy theories etc.

It would therefore be of enormous benefit ,to the thread,and to your own standing on PIO if you can

tell us why you have posted on an immigration forum like PIO,particularly at a time when member confidence in the department of immigration is so low.

Hi All,

Today I got my visa grant letter, SS 176 NON CSL. A very big thank you for all

Thank you for sharing and congrats on your visa grant.... Please share your timeline, now a days it's very important to all of us waiting for that magic words, "visa grant"....:wubclub:

Thanks Gill!

Let's find the answer together.

Hi McKlaut

i am Non CSL Accountant , case officer appeared in August 2009 and PCC & Medical submitted on his request.

Today received the reply for my PLE

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration program.

As previously advised on the 4 Demember 2009, the Department is processing

applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of

consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department

anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications

will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on

applications where health and character checks have been requested by the

case officer.

If your application is able to be finalised this program year, your case

officer will advise you in due course.

Your case officer remains the same.

Do forgive my ignorance in assuming that anyone effected by this would care to see it from the other perpective of why the Australian government did what it did. Thank you for clarifying that all you want is to wallow in your ownself pity and have no interest in understanding the reasons for this decision and therefore gaining some insight into how and when it's likely to be resolved.

There are lots of other fair and effective ways for the migration department to cope with the GFC but they've chosen the most unfair one, when migrants pay for Aus prosperity.

Also it's not the topic of this thread. If you work for Aus government and can give us its inside opinion we would be glad to discuss it in a separate thread.

Hi keena,

I like how you shift the mood of others with your post. I really find it touching when some members feel happy and eager to know about grantees' timeline, even if it's too envious to know their success....

I know we all patiently wait for our time.... Please! to those who want to attack us, don't give us more burden to carry...

Thanks!

Hi McKlaut

i am Non CSL Accountant , case officer appeared in August 2009 and PCC & Medical submitted on his request.

Today received the reply for my PLE

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration program.

As previously advised on the 4 Demember 2009, the Department is processing

applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of

consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department

anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications

will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on

applications where health and character checks have been requested by the

case officer.

If your application is able to be finalised this program year, your case

officer will advise you in due course.

Your case officer remains the same.

This message looks much more promising than mine.

Please keep us updated about your case.

Am I right in thinking that all the cat 5 non csl visas grants have been to applicants with agents?

I'm just wondering if there's a possible trend there, especially as the announcement was made at a MIA conference and not for all to see.

It's interesting to see how people are getting a slightly different response to their PLE's too, the same bulk text but then with a different last line and in my own case no extra line at all.

It looks like a standard response but it is obviously tweaked slightly dependant on the applicant.

Am I right in thinking that all the cat 5 non csl visas grants have been to applicants with agents?

I'm just wondering if there's a possible trend there, especially as the announcement was made at a MIA conference and not for all to see.

Basil - I don't think that is the case.

I asked TheHollies that question off line when they got their visa. Although they started out with an agent for the Vetasses part, they continued without an agent after that.

Hope you don't mind me answering on your behalf TheHollies?

Guest renette

hi everyone,

got this form another thread.

Dear all,

Well I've always wondered what I'd write when our turn came around and now I'm clueless!!......HOORAY!!!!! (for starters I guess!!)

Got the email from DIAC yesterday to ask if we can enter by Feb 2010. Agent replied to that this morning with a big YES OF COURSE THEY CAN!. Then we received a pre-grant letter at lunchtime (oz Time) today!!

GET IN!!....Back of the net!!

Timeline

Non CSL General Electrician.

175 app lodged.................................12/09/08.

Meds front loaded ............................14/10/08,

UK PC's front loaded.........................27/11/08.

SS received by VIC ..........................29/07/09

SS granted .....................................15/08/09

C/O assigned....................................09/09/09..

reqstd more work details and Oz PC...12/09/09..:arghh:

Extra Work detail sent........................16/09/09

Oz PCC sent......................................25/9/09

PreGrant letter...................................08/12/09:jiggy:

So yeah basically we are another 176 nonCSL that felt like we'd been kicked in the nuts back on Sept 23rd and now we're getting our visa!!

Special note to McKlaut whom I know has had the same questions as we have had recently.......

Yes, we DID front load our Meds without being asked and YES, they have expired already. Infact the date that they asked we enter Oz by is exactly 4 months after the meds expired. So chin up mate as yours should be tomorrow eh?!

We are typing this from sunny Oz, as we came to see what we could sort out from within, so now we have to pop to another country to get the final stage (Visa Grant) complete.

Our thanks go to this website, its Mods, George Lombard, Jamie Smith, the PIO members and their jovial banter that has kept spirits up during some dark and frustrating times ......and a VERY special mention to Gill and the crusaders. Your comittment and dedication is something to really be proud of and it made all POI members feel very lucky to have you on our side. I guess we'll never really know what caused Mr Evans to realise how unfair certain parts of his Sept 23rd plan was, but I like to think that your meeting at Australia house was key to making DIAC wake up to the fact that people are their business!

Good luck everyone

May the force be with you.....always

Woody and OH......hehehe.....its Michelle!...she hates the OH label!!

Guest TheHollies
Basil - I don't think that is the case.

I asked TheHollies that question off line when they got their visa. Although they started out with an agent for the Vetasses part, they continued without an agent after that.

Hope you don't mind me answering on your behalf TheHollies?[/QUOTE]

Lol, of course I dont mind. We did the visa application ourselves, just had the help of an agent with the vetassess. :biggrin:

This message looks much more promising than mine.

Please keep us updated about your case.

yes McKlaut....I totally agree to that....I am planning to do a PLE but after reading this message from DIAC, I guess, I will just do my PLE around March next year...really hoping they will give a fair treatment to us accountants like other non CSL SS. :biggrin:

hi everyone,

got this form another thread.

Dear all,

Well I've always wondered what I'd write when our turn came around and now I'm clueless!!......HOORAY!!!!! (for starters I guess!!)

Got the email from DIAC yesterday to ask if we can enter by Feb 2010. Agent replied to that this morning with a big YES OF COURSE THEY CAN!. Then we received a pre-grant letter at lunchtime (oz Time) today!!

GET IN!!....Back of the net!!

Timeline

Non CSL General Electrician.

175 app lodged.................................12/09/08.

Meds front loaded ............................14/10/08,

UK PC's front loaded.........................27/11/08.

SS received by VIC ..........................29/07/09

SS granted .....................................15/08/09

C/O assigned....................................09/09/09..

reqstd more work details and Oz PC...12/09/09..:arghh:

Extra Work detail sent........................16/09/09

Oz PCC sent......................................25/9/09

PreGrant letter...................................08/12/09:jiggy:

So yeah basically we are another 176 nonCSL that felt like we'd been kicked in the nuts back on Sept 23rd and now we're getting our visa!!

Special note to McKlaut whom I know has had the same questions as we have had recently.......

Yes, we DID front load our Meds without being asked and YES, they have expired already. Infact the date that they asked we enter Oz by is exactly 4 months after the meds expired. So chin up mate as yours should be tomorrow eh?!

We are typing this from sunny Oz, as we came to see what we could sort out from within, so now we have to pop to another country to get the final stage (Visa Grant) complete.

Our thanks go to this website, its Mods, George Lombard, Jamie Smith, the PIO members and their jovial banter that has kept spirits up during some dark and frustrating times ......and a VERY special mention to Gill and the crusaders. Your comittment and dedication is something to really be proud of and it made all POI members feel very lucky to have you on our side. I guess we'll never really know what caused Mr Evans to realise how unfair certain parts of his Sept 23rd plan was, but I like to think that your meeting at Australia house was key to making DIAC wake up to the fact that people are their business!

Good luck everyone

May the force be with you.....always

Woody and OH......hehehe.....its Michelle!...she hates the OH label!!

Thankyou very interesting as its a similar timeline to ours!

Hi all, just a quick thought. One application approved a day, 3500 now only ( 3496) waiting to be done quickly. That makes for ten years of waiting ......

Only joking I'm sure they will speed up soon, honest !!!!

:confused:

Hi all, just a quick thought. One application approved a day, 3500 now only ( 3496) waiting to be done quickly. That makes for ten years of waiting ......

Only joking I'm sure they will speed up soon, honest !!!!

:confused:

Or to look at it another way, 1 or 2 Cat5 Visas a day for members of PIO - and we don't have 3500+ 'non CSL SS' people on here! There are about 100 people on Taz's thread, based on that we might all have visas quite soon.

I'm happy with that. Stay positive! :biggrin:

Guest LucyOlly

Dear Glenn, Gill and All

I fully support the idea of 'Let's agree a way forward together with DIAC' and I believe everyone on this site also thinks like this, despite a few well understandable grumbles. Could I please start by showing you a letter my brother, an Australian citizen, wrote to Senator Evans immediately after I received posted confirmation of State Sponsorship on the 1st October, although the actual sponsorship is dated the 11th September. Senator Evans' soul destroying and ejection to limbo announcement was made in between.

Dear Minister, Senator Evans,

I hope this message finds you well.

May I put to you, a question which is of utmost significance to the lives of a large number of people currently involved in the process of migrating to Australia?

Would you consider the profoundly distressing impact of your recent retrospective changes to the priority processing of General Skilled Visa applicants?

I take as an example, my sister Lucy XXXXX and her son Oliver, who have been 'in the pipeline' for Australian Visas for a year now.

Lucy qualifies for a visa but previously had the processing of her visa application 'de-prioritised' by DIAC's Departmental decision to reprioritise various visa classes earlier this year.

As a result of that unexpected set-back, she applied for, and on 11th Sept was granted State Sponsorship from the WA Government.

Minister, please spare your thoughts for the mums and dads juggling the sale of homes, renting temporary accommodation, trying to place children at schools, and generally doing their best to bend themselves and their families around the arbitrary changes that descend on them from The Department.

Your most recent changes published 23rd Sept note that;

"The [new] Direction applies to applications in the pipeline that have not been finalised, and to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, on or after 23 September 2009.".

Now, if you need to change the rules again, to do so for new applications being submitted from 23rd Sept forward is fair.

But Minister, I sincerely urge you to realise that by retrospectively applying these new rules to those applicants already in the queue, who have already had the goal-posts moved on them once, you are playing havoc with the lives and hopes of the many real people who have the most significant decision of their lives vested in the visa processing system!

I wholeheartedly ask you to reconsider this recent decree and allow all those applicants already in the system who have been approved State Sponsorship prior to 23rd Sept, to have their Visas processed as a priority, and not to knock them back to 2012. To change the rules on paid-up, qualified visa applicants twice is absolutely unfair.

Respectfully yours

XXXXX

The answer to this was the standard email of how DIAC can change the rules as and when they feel like it. But this is not a reasonable outcome for those of us who have changed our lives dramatically to move to and be part of Australia's society and economy.

Many of us have sold houses when we were told the UK house prices were at the peak, to ensure we could invest as much as possible into Australia and to ensure that when the visa came we could move quickly. Rental accommodation is 'dead money' and to be forced to pay this for another three years is not only absurd but it is wasting investments that could immediately be poured into the Australian housing market both for the financial security of each individual migrant and the Australian economy as a whole. We are now losing money at a considerable rate as it is not invested in any housing market.

Many of us with children are abhorred at the idea of waiting another three years before settling them into a new school and education structure. I was hoping to be in Australia before my son started secondary school but this did not happen. In three years time he will have been prepared by the UK education structure to choose and formalise his GCSE options. Being forced to uproot children at such an important age is not just, especially when it is seven years past of planning a future for them in Australia.

Since Senator Evans announcement and the anguishing possibility of having to wait till 2012 I have considered purchasing a property again to secure funds and I have also been head hunted by a national company who have offered a fantastic appointment. Then we hear that category 5 is moving and I am thrown backwards again as I don't want anything to hold up our move. I would like some honesty as to where my current visa application stands so I can ensure that my son has a stable childhood and future whether it be here in the UK or where we want to be, in Australia.

So the three points that I consider should be met by DIAC are:

1) Now, if you need to change the rules again, to do so for new applications being submitted from 23rd Sept forward is fair.

2) But Minister, I sincerely urge you to realise that by retrospectively applying these new rules to those applicants already in the queue, who have already had the goal-posts moved on them once, you are playing havoc with the lives and hopes of the many real people who have the most significant decision of their lives vested in the visa processing system!

3) I wholeheartedly ask you to reconsider this recent decree and allow all those applicants already in the system who have been approved State Sponsorship prior to 23rd Sept, to have their Visas processed as a priority, and not to knock them back to 2012. To change the rules on paid-up, qualified visa applicants twice is absolutely unfair.

A possible fourth is the consideration of a refund of the £2000+ I have so far spent on my application, not including money wasted in the rental market. But I don't want a refund. I want the Visa that I was informed would take no longer than nine months to process from when I applied. I want what I worked, saved, sweat and bled for - a 176 visa for my son and I to live, work and be educated in a country that we dearly love!

L&O

God please give us some hope! We did frontload in the days when that was normal and since then we have done extra police checks and paid for a court order, we have done everything humanly possible please please someone please see we are hard workers with a profession that is still wanted by WA what for goodness sake what the heck do we have to do?

Guest LucyOlly

Well, here's how to go from a low to a high and back to a low in less than a week!

I called Adelaide last Thursday and spoke to a very friendly lady called Sonia. She informed me that my file was now 'Owned by a Case Officer' and that with State Sponsorship my case was being processed as priority. Further to that she announced that my CO had looked into my file THAT day...3rd Dec 2009. She checked my contact details and said I should hear from my CO soon.

I have just called Adelaide again as I wanted the name of my CO and to check that all was ok. I spoke to another very friendly lady called Jennifer who informed me that I had never been allocated to a case officer and that Sonia might have been a junior member who had 'mis read' the file notes.

So, from initially planning our migration over seven years ago I lodged my application Nov 08 and was told then that I was to be priority processed and visa would be granted within nine months. Recession happened and things changed. Ok - that's understandable. So I applied for WA SS and it was granted 11th Sept 09. Senator Evans changes things again and I am thrown into a world of limbo and insecurity. I digest the information sorely and wish I was a rocket scientist on CSL. But even without being a rocket scientist on the CSL I am a live person with a live and fantastic son and we have twisted and tumbled as directed by DIAC. To be told such conflicting updates within six days shows only what a mess the department is in and how unjustly they consider the torment of the lives that they willingly accept huge amounts of money from.

Saddened and trying to sleep..but can't.

L&O

Hi all,

I have been trying to call ASPC from the UK on the number I always dial (0061 1300 364 613) it is coming up unavailable!! Am I just being a bit thick? Or tired? Is the number above correct?

If anyone can help I would appreaciate it, as it is driving me insane.

Thanks

Freaks

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all,

I have been trying to call ASPC from the UK on the number I always dial (0061 1300 364 613) it is coming up unavailable!! Am I just being a bit thick? Or tired? Is the number above correct?

If anyone can help I would appreaciate it, as it is driving me insane.

Thanks

Freaks

Hi Freaks

Its Wednesday - early closing in Adelaide today. So quaint, I always think but check the time difference. hon.

Cheers

Gill

Guest TheHollies
Well, here's how to go from a low to a high and back to a low in less than a week!

I called Adelaide last Thursday and spoke to a very friendly lady called Sonia. She informed me that my file was now 'Owned by a Case Officer' and that with State Sponsorship my case was being processed as priority. Further to that she announced that my CO had looked into my file THAT day...3rd Dec 2009. She checked my contact details and said I should hear from my CO soon.

I have just called Adelaide again as I wanted the name of my CO and to check that all was ok. I spoke to another very friendly lady called Jennifer who informed me that I had never been allocated to a case officer and that Sonia might have been a junior member who had 'mis read' the file notes.

So, from initially planning our migration over seven years ago I lodged my application Nov 08 and was told then that I was to be priority processed and visa would be granted within nine months. Recession happened and things changed. Ok - that's understandable. So I applied for WA SS and it was granted 11th Sept 09. Senator Evans changes things again and I am thrown into a world of limbo and insecurity. I digest the information sorely and wish I was a rocket scientist on CSL. But even without being a rocket scientist on the CSL I am a live person with a live and fantastic son and we have twisted and tumbled as directed by DIAC. To be told such conflicting updates within six days shows only what a mess the department is in and how unjustly they consider the torment of the lives that they willingly accept huge amounts of money from.

Saddened and trying to sleep..but can't.

L&O

This is just awful for you and Im sorry to hear they are messing you (and so many others) around so much, beginning to think that Chris Evans may be Gordon Brown in disguise, both 'departments' are in a big mess! :twitcy:

Hi Freaks

Its Wednesday - early closing in Adelaide today. So quaint, I always think but check the time difference. hon.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill

The problem is the number is coming up unrecognised? It normally rings to the automated service out of hours. So still a little confused!

Off to work now I will try again tonight.

Freaks

Archived