Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bill_er_Bong
I'm so frustrated, at least if we were told no your application won't be finalised then we could get on with things and just forget about it all for a few years, but as it stands at the moment we don't know whether were coming or going. I get up every morning and the first thing I think about is whether we are going to get our visa today or not and to check my emails, it really is getting to me now. Our agent lodged a PLE on 30th Nov for which she didn't get a reply and so sent another one last Thursday and still nothing.

Jen

Sebbers, looking at your timeline and judging from the grants dished out recently, I'd put money on you getting yours in the next month or two. Good luck, BB.

Guest Sebbers
Sebbers, looking at your timeline and judging from the grants dished out recently, I'd put money on you getting yours in the next month or two. Good luck, BB.

Thanks I like your optimism, I'm trying to stay positive but it's very difficult. I wouldn't actually be bothered if we weren't finalised until the end of the programme year, I would just like someone to confirm whether ours will be included in the 3500 applications quoted by diac.

Jen

Guest Crazy kangaroo

Thank all of you!

My occupation is Instrument and Process control Engineering Technologist ASCO 2128-79.

Greetz,

Leon en Chantal

(Holland, LR country)

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Thanks I like your optimism, I'm trying to stay positive but it's very difficult. I wouldn't actually be bothered if we weren't finalised until the end of the programme year, I would just like someone to confirm whether ours will be included in the 3500 applications quoted by diac.

Jen

Yeah, I know what you mean. We are in a similar but worse situation... we got SS end of August, it was accepted and sent to DIAC 1st week of September, so I reckon we were maybe a week or two away from getting a CO on 23/9. Front loaded meds just before 23rd Sept. So as we didn't even have a CO, I reckon we're even further down the pecking order.

It's great to see people getting their visa grants now and to see that things are moving again, but at the same time painful to see that some of these people were only about a month ahead of ourselves in the game and we have to deal with all the uncertainty - could be waiting another year or so now...

But chin up Jen, looking at the recent trend I would say without any doubt you'll be in there soon.

What about 2007 applicants??????????? I am still waiting for my grant. I had sent PLE this month to DIAC but got the same performa reply. Don't know wat to do ????? Whenever i tried to call DIAC my phone kept on hold and never connnected to operator :cry:

Should i raise another PLE qouting the reference of Minister's reconsideration no.42?????

PLE won't work here because:

- you don't know what the minister direction n.42 is exactly about,

- who cares about PLE?

hi ,

i m new to forum. I m onshore applicant and logded application on Aug 2008. Occupation: cook, WA SS approved: Aug 2008, ApplicAation logded for vb 886: 22 Aug 2008, Still no C/O, No progress. Can anyone tell me Will i included in these numbers or not?

PLE won't work here because:

- you don't know what the minister direction n.42 is exactly about,

- who cares about PLE?

You are right !!!

Best way to get visa is wait?????????????????????????????? wait and wait till how long????? its already 2 years mmmm aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn:mad:

Guest ragdoll annie
Hi Annie,

I was wondering about this as well. I haven't seen any.

We applied on NSW ss in June with CO assigned in August and MEDs and PCC done end of August.

Most grants appear to be for WA and SA ss.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Yes i noticed that out of the 17 grants i've seen so far WA have 9.Good Luck with yours.

Annie x

Guest Sebbers
Im the same, cant feel too optomistic as been knocked down twice, ah well maybe it might be 3rd time lucky but its driving me:wacko::wacko:

Hi Cath,

That's exactly how I feel, been at this since mid-2007, had a few setbacks relating to the initial skills assessment and as a result couldn't lodge the main application until late 2008. I want to be optimistic but given all the changes over the last 12 months don't want to get too excited and set myself up for yet another fall should the goalposts be moved again.

Jen

Guest gotcha88
Hi All,

Our meds is not yet complete. My wife got pregnant. Her XRay and my sons's are not yet loaded.

Will this exclude us from the list of cat 5 noncsl priorities?

We were assigned a co.

Hi there,

i'm in the same situation as u.Wife got pregnant, already sent X-Ray and medicals and PCC but for my daughter, medicals have not been requested yet.

Are u a cat 5 applicant too?

Guest Birdiesinoz

Hi

Just an update on visa grants for Category 5's from an RMA

Occupation - Office Manager

Positive Skills Assessment - 30 April 2009

ACT sponsorship lodged 16 May 2009

ACT sponsorship approved 28 July 2009

Application 176 - 30 July 2009

Meds etc requested - 2 September (delayed as sent by panel doctor to incorrect address)

Meds finalised - 23 September 2009 - ALL STOPPED DUE TO PRIORITY PROCESSING

VISA GRANTED - 10 DECEMBER 2009:biggrin:

They are moving guys:cute:

kind regards

Cheryl

Hi

Meds etc requested - 2 September (delayed as sent by panel doctor to incorrect address)

kind regards

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

May I ask which team finalised the application?

Hi

kind regards

Cheryl

Fantastic News- Congrats to you on such great news

You are right !!!

Best way to get visa is wait?????????????????????????????? wait and wait till how long????? its already 2 years mmmm aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn:mad:

Oh, no way I ment you should wait and do nothing. I just wanted to say that PLE is not something that you can count on seriously.

Of course you need to try, first of all, to find the reason of such delay. Then, make everything that is possible to move the case.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

kind regards

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Many, many congratulations to you and your clients!!!!!

Please see this thread as well:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/74173-omg-visa-approved.html

The main applicant in the thread above is a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.

Why are DIAC ignoring the terms of their own statement to the MIA, suddenly? Equity and fair play between applicants seems to be a principle that the ASPC have now decided to abandon altogether?

Cheers

Gill

Archived