Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

OMG we were told on the 2.12.09 that visa had been granted we did not want to annonce this until the passport had the stamp. All Passports received back and we are now officially able to enter Oz before 8.10.10

We were also in the Cat 5 caught up in the changes of the 23.09.09. We where granted ss for vic in Aug got Meds and police checks Sept and now officially have visa granted 01.12.09. OMG feel sick but so so happy and so so relieved. Our application was processed by Shaun in Team 04.

Planning on flying out late Aug just got to sell the house. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting to hear we where so shocked by the news so just hang in there it will happen!:biggrin:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like it's pot luck then after all? some from July 09, some from Nov 08, some from March 09, all with medicals met or just about met around the September point.

Various occupations, various time lines no true pattern, just a normal DIAC day then.

OMG we were told on the 2.12.09 that visa had been granted we did not want to annonce this until the passport had the stamp. All Passports received back and we are now officially able to enter Oz before 8.10.10

We were also in the Cat 5 caught up in the changes of the 23.09.09. We where granted ss for vic in Aug got Meds and police checks Sept and now officially have visa granted 01.12.09. OMG feel sick but so so happy and so so relieved. Our application was processed by Shaun in Team 04.

Planning on flying out late Aug just got to sell the house. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting to hear we where so shocked by the news so just hang in there it will happen!:biggrin:

Huge Congrats to you:biglaugh:

Guest GillianM

Hi, when you have a case officer, on the email it says her name and along side it, it says what Group shes in, and mines says Group 3.

Gillian

Guest pablofet1
Hi Cheryl

Many, many congratulations to you and your clients!!!!!

Please see this thread as well:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/74173-omg-visa-approved.html

The main applicant in the thread above is a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.

Why are DIAC ignoring the terms of their own statement to the MIA, suddenly? Equity and fair play between applicants seems to be a principle that the ASPC have now decided to abandon altogether?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

I get the feeling that the post above is for State Sponsorship approval not visa.:unsure:

Please check back to read further posts.

Thanx Mel

Guest bilaln30
What about 2007 applicants??????????? I am still waiting for my grant. I had sent PLE this month to DIAC but got the same performa reply. Don't know wat to do ????? Whenever i tried to call DIAC my phone kept on hold and never connnected to operator :cry:

Should i raise another PLE qouting the reference of Minister's reconsideration no.42?????

I think you make as much hue and cry as possible. I mean PLE's, calls, emails etc.

Guest rufndtuf

it's tough to keep up with updates with the fast pace of this thread.. pls keep an update on number of visas been granted along with their time lines... It's exciting to see the number of applicants getting their visas other hand I am also worried wondering! when is mine?????????? It's just I am tired of waiting for a long time now....

Hi! got an email from a team leader of DIAC, he told me that at the moment I dont have a case officer assigned to my application, when assessment re-commences I will be advised about my new case officer. Geeh, this will be my third one. Before that 23 September, all documents and meds were sent and finalised. and now they are telling me that I dont have a case officer? They are really testing my patience......:nah:

ad&vic - BIG congratulations now celebrations as i am sure your Christmas will be a fab one! you can look forward to your exciting new life in Oz. x

Guest Gollywobbler
No, various nationalities it seems - UK, Dutch, Austrian from memory.

There has also been at least one grant (and probably several more which have not been reported on here) to people who say that they are from high risk countries. The grants are definitely not confined to applicants from low risk countries.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Sebbers

Morning,

We received a reply from Mr Wilden today, it says as our health and pc's are valid for quite some time yet our application may not be processed for a few months, although following the recent changes it is likely it will be finalised this programme year (before June 2010).

I feel a little better following the reply, however, it doesn't confirm the application will be finalised.

Has anyone else had a reply yet?

Guest rufndtuf

hi Gollywobbler,

I called up my agent's office to enquire about the status of my aplication.. but ended hearing they are still not aware of any such updates (regarding the processingof cat#5)..just wondering how ignorant they are!

anyother cat#5 applicatns, in recent times tried to call DIAC to enquire the status of their appication???

Guest rufndtuf
Morning,

We received a reply from Mr Wilden today, it says as our health and pc's are valid for quite some time yet our application may not be processed for a few months, although following the recent changes it is likely it will be finalised this programme year (before June 2010).

thans for the info..

Guest Sebbers
Thanks Jen that does sound hopeful doesnt it?

Every time someone gets a visa grant,

I feel like having a toddler tantrum, throwing myself on the floor and screaming, its snot fair what about me!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Don't worry about it Cath, I have days like that. I am hopeful though and do feel better now that we've had some sort of response. It would make things easier if there was some sort of consistency with the grants as we've seen there have been grants awarded to applicants in the same position as us having only done the medicals recently, I've given up trying to see any logic in any of this now.

Guest ragdoll annie
We had a high risk country candidate approved today, application only lodged in June. But not a 475, those seem thin on the ground.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

May i ask if it was a 176 and which State if so?

Annie x

Archived