Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Its obvious that things are moving; but has there actually been any kind of official line on the Cat5's? I spoke to my Agent and they seemed non committal about the whole thing!

Has anyone been advised direct from an agent as opposed to the good news on this site?

I think some agents are not candid about discussing this, since there is nothing official coming out of the horse's mouth yet.

The email from DIAC to the MIA was circulated to members, so agents who are not with the MIA may not have wind of it...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest renette
Hi all,

I just joined the forum today but have been reading posts for quite a while now. We are non CSL 176 applicants (SS by NSW). Lodged our application end of June 09, got our CO early August and completed Meds and PCC end of August. Our CO was from team 7.

In the last week I have seen visa grants for SS by WA and SA but I haven't seen any grants for SS by NSW. I'm starting to think we are the only ones :nah:

Anyone out there also on SS from NSW with any news on visa grants for this group of CAT 5's?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Marc,

WE are originally 30.08.2008 visa 175 applicants, got WA SS in july 09 and our case officer was assigned in august. meds and pc's done end of august and changed to finalised in september. our case officer is also from team 7. Visa was granted today, with a different case officer but also from team 7. looks like you might get it soon!!

Its obvious that things are moving; but has there actually been any kind of official line on the Cat5's? I spoke to my Agent and they seemed non committal about the whole thing!

Has anyone been advised direct from an agent as opposed to the good news on this site?

Hi, I got a reply from my agent this week to confirm that he had contacted DIAC and we should be in the 3500 being let through but after Septembers news I am not holding my breath until I see it in writing!!! :daydreaming:

Guest valeries
Hi Marc,

WE are originally 30.08.2008 visa 175 applicants, got WA SS in july 09 and our case officer was assigned in august. meds and pc's done end of august and changed to finalised in september. our case officer is also from team 7. Visa was granted today, with a different case officer but also from team 7. looks like you might get it soon!!

we were also Team 7... maybe... but maybe not... time will tell.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!

Guest GillianM

Congratulations Renette xx did your case officer request meds and police checks? we lodged our 175 visa 2nd Dec 2008, applied to Vic for SS end july and got SS in Aug 09, were assigned CO 9th Sept, but im not sure whether we just went and got meds done or CO requested them? still a couple of things needing changed to MET online so im not sure if were 1 of the 3500. I noticed my CO was Group 3.

Gillian

Hi LuckyLuke,

What was your status before the infamous 23/9? Did you have a case officer, profession.....etc.

Thanks

MouseBear

We had a case officer and we wre requested to meds and police checks in Aug 09. My husband is a plasterer. We applied for our Visa via agent end of Nov 08 the SS got SS in Mar 09. So just waiting on some good news now so we can start planning!!!! We have 3 children so in the past few months they have heard we are going we are not going and now we might be going:goofy:

Guest Sebbers
Jen you have taken the words right out of my mouth, its like you have been living in my brain!:wacko:

I'm so frustrated, at least if we were told no your application won't be finalised then we could get on with things and just forget about it all for a few years, but as it stands at the moment we don't know whether were coming or going. I get up every morning and the first thing I think about is whether we are going to get our visa today or not and to check my emails, it really is getting to me now. Our agent lodged a PLE on 30th Nov for which she didn't get a reply and so sent another one last Thursday and still nothing.

Jen

Congratulations to Dev!!!

I think this is the grant which many have waited with great impatience.

Ok.

I think now it is clear that:

- DIAC is going to finalise appicants in cat 5 with no regard whether their meds frontloaded or done on CO request,

- there is no visible dependance on date of aplication lodgement,

- tradies and engineers are the most lucky ones,

Unclear:

- what is going on with accountants in cat 5?

I don't think it's any way fair to single us out and make odd to other professions. Nevertheless, I still wait some good signs here.

Hi,

I dont think the statement above is correct. I was under the impression so far that the focus are those whose medics are specifically requested by CO.

I may be missing a thread here... is there anyone who frontloaded medics without CO has their visa approved?

Guest ryankoh

Good evening PiO members in Non CSL SS,

Yesterday, I received a letter from Deputy State Director of South Australia. The letter seems to be a standard reply to my email to Senator Chiris Evans. It clearly says 'since my occupation is not listed on CSL, unlikely before the end of 2012'. What make me really confusing is that the Deputy State Director signed on 1 Dec 2009 the day ASPC started to process cat 5.

Do they have internal communication problem?

RYANKOH

Guest donsayuriru

Hi All,

Our meds is not yet complete. My wife got pregnant. Her XRay and my sons's are not yet loaded.

Will this exclude us from the list of cat 5 noncsl priorities?

We were assigned a co.

I am very happy to say that I got my visa letter today as well.

So thank you again because you are a major part of it.

For everybody on this site,

I am 475, non CSL category 5 high risk country.

Recived SS February 2009

Visa application lodged July 2009

Medicals and PCC August 2009

Visa Grant 9 /12

Congratulations to you and your family!!!:jiggy:

BTW, we have almost identical timelines!! hoping for the best! Team 6 also! Go go go team 6

Cheers,

Hi Johnyyt,

I don't think Dev mentioned his CO was in Team 6, in any case, mine's Team 6 too!

Hi joining with you because I'm also in Team-6. :wink:

Good evening PiO members in Non CSL SS,

Yesterday, I received a letter from Deputy State Director of South Australia. The letter seems to be a standard reply to my email to Senator Chiris Evans. It clearly says 'since my occupation is not listed on CSL, unlikely before the end of 2012'. What make me really confusing is that the Deputy State Director signed on 1 Dec 2009 the day ASPC started to process cat 5.

Do they have internal communication problem?

RYANKOH

Hi ryankoh! I also got that letter from the deputy state director dated 30 Nov. DIAC officially process cat5 last 4 December stated on their PLE. Dont worry everything will be ok, just keep the faith....:cute:

Hi McKlaut,

For as long as you belong to cat 5, you receive a fair process in the group. Just be hopeful. Your time is about to come. Look, so you still have 2 months or more before your meds will expire. Maybe Jan or Feb is the best visa grant for you?

So, worry no more but be excited!

Guest DomthePom68

I couldn't help notice that a nice anagram of Senator Chris Evans, is

Shortenn Visas Race!

lol :)

Anyone else got time to kill while we watch the queue?

Dom

Guest bilaln30
Well, here's how to go from a low to a high and back to a low in less than a week!

I called Adelaide last Thursday and spoke to a very friendly lady called Sonia. She informed me that my file was now 'Owned by a Case Officer' and that with State Sponsorship my case was being processed as priority. Further to that she announced that my CO had looked into my file THAT day...3rd Dec 2009. She checked my contact details and said I should hear from my CO soon.

I have just called Adelaide again as I wanted the name of my CO and to check that all was ok. I spoke to another very friendly lady called Jennifer who informed me that I had never been allocated to a case officer and that Sonia might have been a junior member who had 'mis read' the file notes.

So, from initially planning our migration over seven years ago I lodged my application Nov 08 and was told then that I was to be priority processed and visa would be granted within nine months. Recession happened and things changed. Ok - that's understandable. So I applied for WA SS and it was granted 11th Sept 09. Senator Evans changes things again and I am thrown into a world of limbo and insecurity. I digest the information sorely and wish I was a rocket scientist on CSL. But even without being a rocket scientist on the CSL I am a live person with a live and fantastic son and we have twisted and tumbled as directed by DIAC. To be told such conflicting updates within six days shows only what a mess the department is in and how unjustly they consider the torment of the lives that they willingly accept huge amounts of money from.

Saddened and trying to sleep..but can't.

L&O

STOP calling them and you would get a good news soon. They are giving visas to applicants of 2008.

Guest Sebbers
can some one explain to me what a PLE is ? please:unsure: and are C/Os in teams ? i got a C/O before the 23rd sept and have no idea what team he was in :unsure:

PLE is a post lodgement enquiry. Our agent has sent another one today, 3rd since 30th November hopefully, someone may actually reply to this one.

Jen

Hi McKlaut,

For as long as you belong to cat 5, you receive a fair process in the group. Just be hopeful. Your time is about to come. Look, so you still have 2 months or more before your meds will expire. Maybe Jan or Feb is the best visa grant for you?

So, worry no more but be excited!

Thanks!

I try to stay calm, but my choleric mind rejects it.

STOP calling them and you would get a good news soon. They are giving visas to applicants of 2008.

What about 2007 applicants??????????? I am still waiting for my grant. I had sent PLE this month to DIAC but got the same performa reply. Don't know wat to do ????? Whenever i tried to call DIAC my phone kept on hold and never connnected to operator :cry:

Should i raise another PLE qouting the reference of Minister's reconsideration no.42?????

Guest Crazy kangaroo

Hi there!

We are granted our visa today!!

Our timeline is:

10-02-09 Visum 175 posted

27-07-09 W.A.Off-list Sponsorship Approved!

24-08-09 CO

02-09-09 VOG + Med

23-09-09 Priority Changes DIAC

30-11-09 DIAC started with Cat 5 SS applicants!!!

10-12-09 Visa Granted!!!

We wanna thnx PIO for al the (inside) information and rumours, it kept us informed about all the latest developments. Good luck to everybody who is waiting!

Greetz (from Holland)

Leon en Chantal

Hi there!

We are granted our visa today!!

Our timeline is:

10-02-09 Visum 175 posted

27-07-09 W.A.Off-list Sponsorship Approved!

24-08-09 CO

02-09-09 VOG + Med

23-09-09 Priority Changes DIAC

30-11-09 DIAC started with Cat 5 SS applicants!!!

10-12-09 Visa Granted!!!

We wanna thnx PIO for al the (inside) information and rumours, it kept us informed about all the latest developments. Good luck to everybody who is waiting!

Greetz (from Holland)

Leon en Chantal

Hey guys, what is you occupation for the wall of fame?

Thanks,

//Mach

Archived