Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cannot stay clam.

So many visa grants and NONE for accountants. It's a real tendency or is it a new FSL model has already been applied without an announcement? F...........k

Wanna scream.

Hi McKlaut

As I know this is the only occupation in CSL which requires IELTS 7.

I,m also Accountant in Cat 5. If this is the case its really unfair. Then, What is the category for Accountants? if they treat CAT 5 accountants in this way, there won't be any category for us in the Waiting list.

Anyway wait until an official announcement:confused:

Guest Sebbers

We were hoping with the recent grants some sort of pattern was going to emerge but that doesn't seem to be the case as some grants have gone to people who have just done meds, whilst others are to applicants whose meds were about to expire. We have spoken to our agent about the way in which diac are processing and she's none the wiser easier. Not knowing whether we are to be finalised is driving us all mad! I had got out of the habit of checking my emails everyday after 23/9 announcement, it didn't take long for me to get back into the habit! I would feel much better if someone could just say yes your application will be finalised this year or no it won't, at least we would have some sort of idea.

Hi all,

This is to thank you all for the valuble info on the SS visas. You all are doing a great giving information on tha latest developments. Even though I was not registetered here before i have been reading your forums everyday. It was so dissapointing to hear the news about the 23/9 change. We were lost not knowing what to do. You gave us hope. You all worked hard to show us the light. we are grateful for what you all did in London and numerous letters , phone calls and emails sent.

I am very happy to say that I got my visa letter today as well.

So thank you again because you are a major part of it.

For everybody on this site,

I am 475, non CSL category 5 high risk country.

Recived SS February 2009

Visa application lodged July 2009

Medicals and PCC August 2009

Visa Grant 9 /12

Hi McKlaut

As I know this is the only occupation in CSL which requires IELTS 7.

I,m also Accountant in Cat 5. If this is the case its really unfair. Then, What is the category for Accountants? if they treat CAT 5 accountants in this way, there won't be any category for us in the Waiting list.

Anyway wait until an official announcement:confused:

It looks like a joke from the DIAC side. I guess they just laughting looking at us kneading migration dough.

Hi all,

This is to thank you all for the valuble info on the SS visas. You all are doing a great giving information on tha latest developments. Even though I was not registetered here before i have been reading your forums everyday. It was so dissapointing to hear the news about the 23/9 change. We were lost not knowing what to do. You gave us hope. You all worked hard to show us the light. we are grateful for what you all did in London and numerous letters , phone calls and emails sent.

Recived SS February 2009

Visa Grant 9 /12

Congrats!!

First grant of Cat 5, Non-CSL 475 recorded!

I would feel much better if someone could just say yes your application will be finalised this year or no it won't, at least we would have some sort of idea.

You ask too much. DIAC cannot make such favours because they're on the "dark side of the force". ;) ;)

Guest samra138
Hi all,

Recived SS February 2009

Visa Grant 9 /12

Hi Dev,

Congratulations for your visa. I am really happy as they started to grant visas SC 475.

Please tell us what is your team number?

also Did you send your med and pcc before your case allocated to a CO or after?

BR,

Sam

Thank you all,

Sorry i don't know what you refer as a team number. I am brand new to all this. About the medicals and PCC , my CO send me a letter requesting it early August.

Guest Kangaroo
Thank you all,

Sorry i don't know what you refer as a team number. I am brand new to all this. About the medicals and PCC , my CO send me a letter requesting it early August.

Hi Dev,

Congratulations with your visa!!

That's really a fast assessment for a 475.

You can find your CO's team in the e-mail you received from the DIAC/ CO(in my case).

Example:

blalblablabla.

Regards

name CO

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Support Officer - Team 6 | General Skilled Migration | Adelaide Skilled

Processing Centre

Guest rhodieboy
Hi all,

Recived SS February 2009

Visa Grant 9 /12

Hi that's great news well done, Could you tell me what State and what occupation its just your time line is so very similar to mine

Regards

Simon

Congratulations to Dev!!!

I think this is the grant which many have waited with great impatience.

Ok.

I think now it is clear that:

- DIAC is going to finalise appicants in cat 5 with no regard whether their meds frontloaded or done on CO request,

- there is no visible dependance on date of aplication lodgement,

- tradies and engineers are the most lucky ones,

Unclear:

- what is going on with accountants in cat 5?

I don't think it's any way fair to single us out and make odd to other professions. Nevertheless, I still wait some good signs here.

Guest johnnyyt
Hi Merlino

No news of sc 475 visas as yet, hon. I'm in touch with two other sc 475 applicants, both members on here, both of whom fit the bill for priority processing in my view.

Both have been told that their applications "had not been finalised by a CO prior to 23rd September" and that therefore they need not expect further processing any time soon. Both of them had their meds done on the instructions of COs all the same.

It is not good and I am becoming suspicious.

Hugs

Gill

I am too afraid to ring the Adelaide processing centre in case they we are the same.

Thanks Gill,

I'm on a 475 as well and had the meds/police completed on instructions of a CO.

I don't know if the "finalised by a CO prior to 23rd Sep" applies. Looking at TheHollies' timelines (sorry for borrowing yours TheHollies) [1], everything was finalised and met on 2/10/2009.

I had everything finalised on 23 Sep 2009.

[1] http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/74000-catagory-5-granted-timelines-only-thread.html

Fantastic for those who have received news or in fact their Visa, I do have to say I am getting more concerned for those of us in the 475 Boat as it seems its the 176's that are coming through at the moment maybe there are just less of us on the 475 hence less grants :huh:

I agree

SS Jan 09; 475 App Feb 09; CO July 09; Med Finalised Aug 09

Hi all,

Recived SS February 2009

Visa Grant 9 /12

A 475 Grant:jiggy: Is there now hope for cat 5 475's?

Hi Dev,

You can find your CO's team in the e-mail you received from the DIAC/ CO(in my case).

Example:

blalblablabla.

Regards

name CO

Processing Centre

My case officer/support worker was in team 2 in March 09 (CO requested meds and PCC's at this time) and this changed to team 6 when I added new baby to application and submitted meds etc

Johnnyyt

Hi Dev,

Example:

blalblablabla.

Regards

name CO

Processing Centre

Agreed! I applied 475 in Jun 2009, and CO requested meds and police on 23 Aug 2009.

Dev's timeline is the fastest I've noticed ;)

I am too afraid to ring the Adelaide processing centre in case they we are the same.

A 475 Grant:jiggy: Is there now hope for cat 5 475's?

My case officer/support worker was in team 2 in March 09 (CO requested meds and PCC's at this time) and this changed to team 6 when I added new baby to application and submitted meds etc

Johnnyyt

Hi Johnyyt,

I don't think Dev mentioned his CO was in Team 6, in any case, mine's Team 6 too!

Congratulations to Dev!!!

I think this is the grant which many have waited with great impatience.

Ok.

I think now it is clear that:

- DIAC is going to finalise appicants in cat 5 with no regard whether their meds frontloaded or done on CO request,

- there is no visible dependance on date of aplication lodgement,

- tradies and engineers are the most lucky ones,

Unclear:

- what is going on with accountants in cat 5?

I don't think it's any way fair to single us out and make odd to other professions. Nevertheless, I still wait some good signs here.

I don't think they are processing based on professions, it makes no difference to them, and they shouldn't be doing that, because it'll make no sense.

Looking at the randomness that Cat 5's are being processed, I am imagining they have our case files plastered on a huge wall and Case Officers taking turns throwing darts at.

We were hoping with the recent grants some sort of pattern was going to emerge but that doesn't seem to be the case as some grants have gone to people who have just done meds, whilst others are to applicants whose meds were about to expire. We have spoken to our agent about the way in which diac are processing and she's none the wiser easier. Not knowing whether we are to be finalised is driving us all mad! I had got out of the habit of checking my emails everyday after 23/9 announcement, it didn't take long for me to get back into the habit! I would feel much better if someone could just say yes your application will be finalised this year or no it won't, at least we would have some sort of idea.

Jen you have taken the words right out of my mouth, its like you have been living in my brain!:wacko:

I don't think they are processing based on professions, it makes no difference to them, and they shouldn't be doing that, because it'll make no sense.

Looking at the randomness that Cat 5's are being processed, I am imagining they have our case files plastered on a huge wall and Case Officers taking turns throwing darts at.

Your darts theory needs to be confirmed by issuing at least one visa grant for an accountant. ;);)

Any way I didn't say they process us according to our occupations. I just said there are likely to be some prejudice for accountants.

Guest Violet S

Merlion,

You are so funny. hahaha... but it makes the whole situation brighter.

Looking good with 1 475 granted. Hopefully, more are coming.

Violet

Hi all,

I just joined the forum today but have been reading posts for quite a while now. We are non CSL 176 applicants (SS by NSW). Lodged our application end of June 09, got our CO early August and completed Meds and PCC end of August. Our CO was from team 7.

In the last week I have seen visa grants for SS by WA and SA but I haven't seen any grants for SS by NSW. I'm starting to think we are the only ones :nah:

Anyone out there also on SS from NSW with any news on visa grants for this group of CAT 5's?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Merlino

No news of sc 475 visas as yet, hon. I'm in touch with two other sc 475 applicants, both members on here, both of whom fit the bill for priority processing in my view.

Both have been told that their applications "had not been finalised by a CO prior to 23rd September" and that therefore they need not expect further processing any time soon. Both of them had their meds done on the instructions of COs all the same.

It is not good and I am becoming suspicious.

Hugs :hug:

Gill

Hi Gill we are also 475 with everything met on 24/9 but nothing yet, fingers crossed, will keep you posted on any news.

Emma

Guest rhodieboy

Its obvious that things are moving; but has there actually been any kind of official line on the Cat5's? I spoke to my Agent and they seemed non committal about the whole thing!

Has anyone been advised direct from an agent as opposed to the good news on this site?

Archived