Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keena, Could you share with us your timetable? When you lodged the application? Do you have a co? Thanks.

Application lodged: May 2007

SS Approved: 31 July 2009

CO( requested meds & pc): 17 August 2009

Finalised: 25 September 2009

Waiting for visa:....

Hope this help....:biggrin:

hi everyone,

we were very exited about the news, but because of so many rumours, decided to confirm with our case officer. our question to her was following:

I
t has been some time now since the priority processing changes have been made (23 September 2009), also the weekly status email (
) does not provide any updated information with regards to the processing time lines.
Do you have any information from your department that might shed some light on our processing status? (considering that medicals & police clearance have been finalised)

Her answer:

The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. I regret to advise that your case is not currently at this stage of processing. You will be contacted in coming months if further processing is to take place on your application in this program year.

Regards

xxxxxx

SO, we replied the following:

T
hank you very much for your quick reply. I too have received this information from the MIA, worded a little differently.
“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial
Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration
visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored
non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisation
will focus on applications where health and character checks have been
requested by the case officer.”
Is this statement from MIA correct?
Yours Sincerely

She replied:

Dear Mr xx

The statement is correct, but please note that only a small number of

applications may be finalised, where health and character clearance

validity is about to expire.

Your health and character clearances are valid until November 2010.

You will be advised as soon as your application is ready to be progressed.

Regards

Hope this helps!

hi renette: want to ask few questions with you (hope you dont mind) is that the same c.o. that have sent you the email? As far as i remember, I received a letter dated 18 Nov. informing me about the recent changes, that my nominated occupation was not listed on the CSL and the case officer assigned to my application will no longer be able to assist enquiries about my application. Do you received that letter?

Thank you in advance.:biggrin:

Guest DomthePom68
Hello Dom, thanks for your post.

Quick question - Is there any sort of understanding and/or repercussion from the public out there in Perth? Are they aware of this change? What is their perception to that? Wonder what is the public opinion on that.

Thanks a million.

Luciana

Hi Luciana,

Australian media's in a bit of an anti-immigration phase again because a mixed bag of Sri Lankan, Afghan & Iraqi refugees are being picked up in boats in transit from Indonesia.

The talk-back radio jocks all want the gummint to get tougher on migrants and the story of Chris Evans messing about with people in the visa queue doesn't get any air-play over here.

I don't think the Aussie public have any opinion on it.

I think the State Govt bodies responsible for the SS visas are pissed-off with Evans tho, for his failure to consult with them on 2 radical changes to their work processes.

I personally think that the 2012 timeline is bogus, and that the 'ministerial direction' is just as likely to do another back-flip as the economy firms again and we need more incoming workers - IMHO.

Good luck with your application.

Dom

Guest renette
hi renette: want to ask few questions with you (hope you dont mind) is that the same c.o. that have sent you the email? As far as i remember, I received a letter dated 18 Nov. informing me about the recent changes, that my nominated occupation was not listed on the CSL and the case officer assigned to my application will no longer be able to assist enquiries about my application. Do you received that letter?

Thank you in advance.:biggrin:

Hi,

yes, we e-mailed our original case officer, and every time we have questions, we ask her and she responds within a day.

we did receive that letter in november.

hope it helps

I am 11/2007 , 475 applicant , medical requested december 2008 and sent , no word inspite of sent PLE , I sent a mail to disocover that my medical were not received , after several correspondance they found it and finalised and just when the officer was ready for review , rules of 23/9 applied

now when i am enquiring about status after last week news they say that my application not in priority as it still needs assesment and not in final stage although medical is finalised

my medical is expiring in 10 days and don't know what to do

more than two years and it is still not assesed , what is my fault if medical file was lost by HOC for nine months and DIAC didn't inform me .

please help

Guest lkaddoumi

By the way isnt 2012 the end of the world??? ;) Good luck to all of you guys. Hope we can survive all this mess.

Big thanks

Luciana

Guest bebac30
By the way isnt 2012 the end of the world??? ;) Good luck to all of you guys. Hope we can survive all this mess.

Big thanks

Luciana

End of 2012 isn`t end of world if they keep what they saying now!!! Noone can tell you that for 3 or 6 months they will it will be 2015 or later?! So, with this messy policy timeline like 2012 for around 3500 application, which is almost 3,5% of all migrats for this program year it is terrible and almost end of world!

I applied in good faith that they run country in totally diffrent way from politicians in my country but with this changes their minds retrospectivly they are the same. :arghh:

I just hope there will be someone who will open eyes and figured it is just not fair policy!

Guest bebac30

Even though i belive that this must be corrected, existing and future Australians deserve to have faith in goverment decisions.

Im really confused as to whether I am going to be processed or not.

I originally frontloaded my meds just as the last changes happened in March but later when we were allocated a case officer he requested further Police Checks and a Court Order for my daughter so which catagory do we fall into?:eek:

I originally frontloaded my meds just as the last changes happened in March but later when we were allocated a case officer he requested further Police Checks and a Court Order for my daughter so which catagory do we fall into?:eek:

I reckon the "I'm confused" category! :wub:

JOHN

Did your additional PC incur money spent?

If yes - you should be the lucky one because you have the right for applying to DIAC for compensation that sums or processing your case. And I bet they will choose processing because now they have available visas for cat. 5 applicants and they want to escape legal implications for their previous decisions.

Guest wheres wally

Hi everyone, i think 2012 is a little unrealistic for people who have SS for WA. By this i mean, people who are in cat 5 will be in demand mid next year. This is because the Gorgan Gas plant will be in construction by this stage and they are saying there are 10,000 jobs that need filling, 3000 of them permanent, which will leave Perth with a shortage of skilled labour. I currently live in Perth and the recession hasn’t really affected WA so much so when this project gets underway they will have to let more skilled migrants in because all the projects in the city still need to be completed. Just my opinion though but talking to a lot of fly in fly out tradies, as soon as Gorgan starts they are off.

Guest asc1903
Hi asc1903,

Is he/she the same CO you have previously?

Thanks

Yes same CO

Medicals and PC frontloaded

Recieved pre-grant letter today

Be positive things are deifintaley mvoing in our favour!!

Did your additional PC incured money spent?

If yes - you should be the lucky one because you have the right for applying to DIAC for compensation that sums or processing your case. And I bet they will choose processing because now they have available visas for cat. 5 applicants and they want to escape legal implications for their previous decisions.

Yes both the Police Checks and the Court Order cost lots of money!

Guest asc1903
Do you mean you've done meds without CO request?

Yes medicals and PC`s were done in March 09.

I have previously lived overseas in europe, so I got all the foreuign and UK PCs amd medicals in the hope I would be within the timeline

I have previously lived overseas in europe, so I got all the foreuign and UK PCs amd medicals in the hope I would be within the timeline

Then this might be the best news I heard since 23/09.

Thank you.

Hmmm. Do you think it's fair to those who lodged earlier and didn't frontload their meds and pccs, than those who fronloaded.... and DIAC accommodate them now for a visa grant?

I THINK NOT!

DIAC's policy is confusing. Yeah. Very unfair.

This is great news.....Congratulations on your pre-grant letter.....:yes:

Please would you provide your timeline....(For us vultures......:laugh:)

Hmmm. Do you think it's fair to those who lodged earlier and didn't frontload their meds and pccs, than those who fronloaded.... and DIAC accommodate them now for a visa grant?

I THINK NOT!

DIAC's policy is confusing. Yeah. Very unfair.

You might don't understand but this visa grant means that DIAC is ready to finalise applications with no regard how meds was done. They did not take his (her) application because of frontloaded meds but regardless of this.

Let's wait and see more such grants.

Contacted by CO today asking if I can make 5 March move date? No problem

Things are definatley moving

175 application July 08 Asco code 4112-11

Applied WA SS March 09

Received WA SS Aug 08

CO allocated Sep 09, all documents submitted

Rule Change 23 Sep 09

I have just found your timeline!......So please cancel my last request!

Guest recherche

Hi asc 1903, sorry i couldn't tell which visa class u applied for... are u an off-shore or on-shore applicant? Thanks!

Archived