Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LucyOlly

Hi All

I have just joined after reading all the very exciting and confusing news! Could someone please answer the following?

When I applied online in Nov 2008, the online file and the email I received both told me to get the meds and PC done -

Further informationPlease download Form 26EH - 'Medical examination for an Australian visa.' Complete Part A of Form 26EH and take it with you to your appointment with your Panel Doctor or Health Services Australia. You should complete Part B of this form in the presence of the doctor.

There was no mention of case officers? As it was requested on the online status, I had the MEDS and PC done and they were listed as being received in May 2009.

I was given state sponsorship by WA on the 11th September 2009 but as they posted it I did not receive it until the 1st October - after Sen Evans statement on 23rd Sept. I emailed all signed docs back to WA but have not heard a thing since. They now have EVERYTHING requested!

Should I have got the MEDS and PC done?

Why does my online document checklist still show all documents as required, even though they were all uploaded on the 3rd Nov last year?!

Do they really expect us and others in the same boat to pay out another £500+ on these checks?

I am really confused!

Lucy

Guest renette

not according to our case officer. the case officers are the ones finalizing the visa applications, and she e-mailed us today that only those who's medicals are expiring soon will be finalised. dont know who to believe anymore

McKlaut, would you be able to find out more on his timelines and publish them here please?

mmm It's not my information but I guess I can post at least some short data:

12-09-2008 Application was sent to ASPC

02-02-2009 Police and Medicals Requested

12-02-2009 Medicals Sent

02-12-2009 Visa granted got 176 visa (SS non CSL)

On another forum there is another non CSL SS applicant which got his visa as of 02/12.

Meds done on CO request.

Oooohh, which forum are you talking about then, I have just had a look and cant find anyone else??? Give us a clue please:biggrin:

Cheers

Tasha

Guest renette
Ok.

I think those who had CO + were decision ready before 23/09 + done meds on CO request = should expect finalisation (visa grants) before Christmas.

Good luck.

sorry, my reply was ment for this quote:

not according to our case officer. the case officers are the ones finalizing the visa applications, and she e-mailed us today that only those who's medicals are expiring soon will be finalised. dont know who to believe anymore

mmm It's not my information but I guess I can post at least some short data:

12-09-2008 Application was sent to ASPC

02-02-2009 Police and Medicals Requested

12-02-2009 Medicals Sent

02-12-2009 Visa granted got 176 visa (SS non CSL)

hi mcklaut,

seems like your next huh :biggrin: Goodluck

FURTHER DOCUMENT REQUEST

To assist in the assessment of your application you must provide additional documentation. If you have not already done so, please provide the department with the documents listed below:

Birth certificate or other evidence of age

Copy of passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page

Evidence of overseas qualifications

Skills assessment

Evidence of Specific Work Experience

Evidence of work experience

Marriage certificate

Passport photo

Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray

Form 26EH - Medical examination for an Australian visa

Evidence of change of name

Passport photo

Passport photo

Passport photo

This is part of the email we received immediatley after lodging our application 14/11/08. It clearly states forms 26EH and 160EH are to be submitted along with everything else. It didn't tell us to wait for a CO. We submitted them in Dec 08 and they will expire end 01/2010.

Guest LucyOlly

That's what I mean as well! Both that email and the online status form required meds and checks. So are we in the cat 5 soon to be processed???????!!!!!! Opening the emails each morning is becoming like christmas day - only to be disappointed by socks from auntie - again!!

Guest lkaddoumi

Hello everybody

First of all I would like to thank and congratulate this forum for the quality of discussion and information that we can get. Reading these forums are my daily routine now…

We are a SS-Non CSL (cat 5) we have lodge our visa last June 19th and according to our agents we were suppose to get news from a CO by the end of September which of course never happened due to 9/23…

The biggest question that everybody wants to know (at least the cat 5 w/o CO like us) is that are we going to be considered in this Ministerial Decision no. 42 or are we going to stay in limbo until 2012….???

Which crisis are they talking about?? It is very simple: More ppl coming to the country, demand goes higher therefore offer will need to follow. The ppl that I am talking about here are serious migrants who want to settle and build a life/family in Australia. Along with their skills and experience they bring money, assets, and life savings to invest in this country.

You don’t need to be an Economist to figure out that. Which crisis the Minister is talking about?? The real crisis will happen if he closes the gates to these thousands of ppl in the Q.

By 2012 there will not be any sort of shadow of the present GFC and they gonna find the country with really real problems with skills shortage….They have to think about diversifying the economy. A society is not only made of Doctors, Nurses, ICT ppl and Accounts.

I understand that measures must be taken but some respect and sense should be in place first of all!! Behind each application (paper) there are lives, ppl who invested in this migration process, sold houses, enrolled kids in school etc etc etc. Isn't the minister in question a migrant himself?? (quite ironic)

Well at the end of the day, forums like this are quite important, I just registered in order to put my comments and I wish that everybody in the Q could do that, we will really have a strong representation to request our rights.

New rules/decisions in this kind of system should not be taken with retroactive effect!!

Frustration, anger, impatience….These are our mood at the moment.

Really hope that they reconsider this whole issue….

Luciana (36), Fadi (38), Ivan (13), Jihan (2) – Thinking about NZ at the moment….

Economist, Master degree, IELTS 8, 15+ years of experience

Spouse, Degree in PR, Hotel Management Diploma, 10+ years of experience

(but is seems not good enough to Aus)

Guest renette
FURTHER DOCUMENT REQUEST

To assist in the assessment of your application you must provide additional documentation. If you have not already done so, please provide the department with the documents listed below:

Evidence of overseas qualifications

Skills assessment

Evidence of Specific Work Experience

Evidence of work experience

Marriage certificate

Passport photo

Evidence of change of name

Passport photo

Passport photo

Passport photo

This is part of the email we received immediatley after lodging our application 14/11/08. It clearly states forms 26EH and 160EH are to be submitted along with everything else. It didn't tell us to wait for a CO. We submitted them in Dec 08 and they will expire end 01/2010.

Hi there,

On the DIAC website you will find the following link:

Health Requirements for Visa Applicants

I only quoted a view lines, but it is quite clear that you should not do the medical before you have a case officer.

we also applied online, and waited until we were assigned a case officer. the case officer will then provides you with reference numbers that you must write on your medical documents.

How do I arrange a health examination?

Applicants outside Australia

You must arrange your health examination with a Panel doctor and/or Panel radiology clinic nominated by the Australian Government. Unless otherwise indicated, health examinations conducted overseas are only acceptable if conducted by a Panel doctor/radiologist.

You will be advised by the department if a medical and/or radiological examination is required as part of your visa application.

When do I arrange a health examination?

Do not attend a health examination before you lodge your visa application unless the information about your visa specifically asks you to do so. Otherwise, you will be advised by the department if and when to attend a health examination.

hope it helps

Guest rufndtuf
It's Russian speaking forum.

Hi Everybuddy,

First I would like say a BIG thanks for the "famous five". well, I am a new bie here, though following this thread along few others for a while..

@Mcklaut- It's a great peice of info that you have shared..Pls make us sure it is not the other two (cat #5) who are already in here and got the visa..will be glad if it is not any misunderstanding trio like- X saying to y- y saying to z- and x hearing the same from z again and making it count twice of anything...Every time some one gets a visa stamped it makes us get excited expecting our turn sometime..

will be glad if some one can let me how to edit my signature and add my time line..

tanx.

Guest renette

Sorry, cant help you any further. we ony received the confirmation e-mail after submitting our electronic visa application and the e-mails from our case officer requesting the meds and pc's 1 year later.

Hi Freaks

Could not aggree with you more regarding agents could you please tell me what number you phoned regarding your case as i think that will be my next step

regards

pom64

Guest LucyOlly
Hi there,

I only quoted a view lines, but it is quite clear that you should not do the medical before you have a case officer.

we also applied online, and waited until we were assigned a case officer. the case officer will then provides you with reference numbers that you must write on your medical documents.

You must arrange your health examination with a Panel doctor and/or Panel radiology clinic nominated by the Australian Government. Unless otherwise indicated, health examinations conducted overseas are only acceptable if conducted by a Panel doctor/radiologist.

You will be advised by the department if a medical and/or radiological examination is required as part of your visa application.

Do not attend a health examination before you lodge your visa application unless the information about your visa specifically asks you to do so. Otherwise, you will be advised by the department if and when to attend a health examination.

hope it helps

I am with Mark and Tracey on this. The online status and departmental email is "information about our visa that specifically asks" for meds and checks to be done. There is no mention on the online status or email about waiting for a case officer to contact you. The whole online application was surely meant to cut down on the need for CO's to be wading through piles of paper applications?

Hi there,

hope it helps

Must admit I have seen this on someone else's e-mail from DIAC. However when i submitted my 176 application, there was no mention of the meds and police checks in the initial stage of evidence submission, so perhaps DIAC may have realised they had a potential problem arising and made necessary corrections to the initial application e-mail.

We subsequently recieved a letter from DIAC for further information, after all of the State sponsorship, work experience, wedding & birth certs etc...The further information was for medicals and police checks.

I'm hoping that if my son passes his meds (he was referred), then I would hope that perhaps visas may be issued? But who knows in this crazy world of DIAC

Kind regards

Ronnie

Hi Freaks

Could not aggree with you more regarding agents could you please tell me what number you phoned regarding your case as i think that will be my next step

regards

pom64

Hi Pom64. The contact number for the ASPC (Adelaide skilled processing centre)

is: 0061 1300 364 613 (outside Australia) They are open 9.00 am to 4.00 pm Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri and 9 till 1pm Wed.

They will ask you for your client ID number. From that they will be able to locate your file.

Rather than listening to all the messages in the beginning, and going through the automated system, dial 00 and you will go through to an operator. you may need to get rerouted back to Adelaide. The ones my husband has spoken to are nice people and very helpful, but please be aware they can only give you the information that is available to them.

Hopes this helps:wink:

Mrs freak.

@Mcklaut- It's a great peice of info that you have shared..Pls make us sure it is not the other two (cat #5) who are already in here and got the visa..will be glad if it is not any misunderstanding trio like- X saying to y- y saying to z- and x hearing the same from z again and making it count twice of anything...Every time some one gets a visa stamped it makes us get excited expecting our turn sometime..

Hi,

He's not one of those who we know. He mentioned that he have not visited PIO yet that's why I've decided to inform you.

Here is the link:

Øòàòû ëîááèðóþò ñïîíñèðóåìûõ! - Ñòðàíèöà 4 - Ôîðóì Gday.ru - èììèãðàöèÿ, îáó÷åíèå è æèçíü â Àâñòðàëèè

Archived