Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Guys

Really don't no whats going on i e-mailed our agent last night to see what they have heard and the reply that i got back today was as far as they where concerned they don't no anything about cat 5 been processed as they where concerned 1,2,3,4 where been processed and cat 5 was still 2012 don't no what to think of our agent why do they not no what is going on sorry for the rant

regards

pom64

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest grahammoorhouse

Just like to say thanks to everyone on all your great work!.im in the middle of my 175 visa application and have found this very usefull indeed!.i have just spoken to my agent Darren chat at "visa go " and has advised me to just sit back and wait as he recons the unions will soon be getting involved as work espially in the building trade is going through the roof and they will need to be speeding the application process up asap! fingers crossed folks!.

Guest visa-pending

Just thought I would add a copy of the e-mail I received from my agent (also visa-go) today.

Something that I am still not clear on though, and perhaps someone can clear up for me, we were orignally on a 175 lodged 12/08/08, Having then being told that we were moved to the CSL (i am a bricklayer) at the beginning of this year and that our visa should be imminent we decided to do our meds, these were finalised 06/03/09. Obviously things changed again in March so we applied for state sponsorship which we received 16/07/09 and subsequently changed to a 176. The thing which is bothering me is that we have not (as far as we know) been allocated a CO, so does this mean that we will still not be processed as again this would be extremely frustrating. The e-mail is pretty much saying that because our meds were not requested then we will not be processed. Anyone able to help.PLEASE.

ADDITIONAL PROCESSING OF CATEGORY 5 APPLICATIONS

The Australian Minister for Migration has announced that a further 3,000 non-Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration visa applications will be priority processed to finalisation.

Under immense pressure following his unpopular September announcements, Mr. Evans has obviously reconsidered certain elements of the changes imposed. To know whether you are classified as one of the lucky 3,000, you must:

· have been granted State Sponsorship and

· have been formally requested by a DIAC Case Officer to complete your Medicals and Police Clearances

Basically, these visas are for those in the Category 5 group – applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government and whose occupations are NOT on the Critical Skills List (CSL).

Statement from DIAC

“The Department anticipates that a small number of State Sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year (30th June 2010). Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the Case Officer.”

Guest andy crawley

any one know which lodgement date they are going by... are"s went in on 17th nov last year on a 175, but changed to 176 in july... which one?????

andy

any one know which lodgement date they are going by... are"s went in on 17th nov last year on a 175, but changed to 176 in july... which one?????

andy

I guess that each CO has a number of CSL and Cat 5 applicants. If that CO finally has time to work with Cat 5 applicants than he (she) takes those first who were officially requested meds in order of lodgement date.

But the point is it's not exactly what we were fighting for. It's just half of the way and we should press them to process applicants who made meds without CO request and all other who didn't made them or was not requested yet.

Unfortunatelly it devides our cat 5 for luckiest and lottery loosers.

Hi guys me again

so is it just our agent that is just pessimistic and not saying anything or is anybody else in the same boat don't no if i can name our agent

regards

pom64

Guest visa-pending
I guess that each CO has a number of CSL and Cat 5 applicants. If that CO finally has time to work with Cat 5 applicants than he (she) takes those first who were officially requested meds in order of lodgement date.

But the point is it's not exactly what we were fighting for. It's just half of the way and we should press them to process applicants who made meds without CO request and all other who didn't made them or was not requested yet.

Exactly. Starting to think I have entered a lottery at 5K a go.

Guest visa-pending
Sorry, I'm a bit concerned by the quoted statement from Visa Go - is that really what they're saying to clients?

cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George, can you elaborate on that, surely, from what I am aware, they are passing on information as they have it. Is this wrong? Have you heard different? Would be interested to hear back.

Thanks

Guest Natty T
Hi guys me again

so is it just our agent that is just pessimistic and not saying anything or is anybody else in the same boat don't no if i can name our agent

regards

pom64

Hi, we aren't getting any info from our agent either, just told they are still processing our SS to WA but have a back log.

I have a feeling we will still be waiting a long time before ours is processed, it was lodged before 23rd sept but i don't think it will be honoured and processed with the others, must keep positive though. Good luck to everyone waiting. :jiggy:

I am one of those applied 175 before switching to 176. I sent an email to DIAC and received reply today that I understood to be that as long as we are confirmed 176, it doesnt really matter if you were previously 175 before.

Hence the trick is which rules are the priority is going: by lodgement date or those with medics & pcc requested by CO?

I hv a feeling that it would go to the later. I am not too happy about this because when I submitted my application online, the system was quick to reflect the items that are requested/outstanding on my side. That list includes medics. I then received email (presumingly auto-generated) requesting the same. I hv then paid and submitted my health checks in good faith.

Hi Taz,

No I wouldn't have thought so. The bottom line - indeed the only line - is the official statement from DIAC on Tuesday:

Processing of some State sponsored non-CSL GSM applications

There have recently been reports and speculation about the processing of some State sponsored non- Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications.

These are the Tier (or Category) 5 applications: that is, applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the (CSL).

In order to provide realistic expectations for your clients, the MIA has been discussing the matter with DIAC to obtain an accurate statement of what is happening.

DIAC has today provided the MIA with the following statement:

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Taz,

No I wouldn't have thought so. The bottom line - indeed the only line - is the official statement from DIAC on Tuesday:

Processing of some State sponsored non-CSL GSM applications

There have recently been reports and speculation about the processing of some State sponsored non- Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications.

These are the Tier (or Category) 5 applications: that is, applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the (CSL).

In order to provide realistic expectations for your clients, the MIA has been discussing the matter with DIAC to obtain an accurate statement of what is happening.

DIAC has today provided the MIA with the following statement:

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Cheers,

George Lombard

We need to reconcile 2 statements/facts in hand that do not jive:

1. The DIAC statement above clearly states it is in position to finalised 'small' number of SS non-CSL

2. If ALL the SS non-CSL applicants provided in earlier MIA conference is 3,6XX applicants and DIAC is in position to finalise approxinately 3,500

Is DIAC in position to process 'small' amount or >90% (3,500 of 3600) of applicants?

Guest Cathy77
Dear All,

No reconciliation required, yes there are about 3500 Category 5 applicants but only a small number will be processed between now and the end of the program year on 30 June, and they're focusing on the ones who had already received requests.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Dear George

Where do international state sponsored students stands in this new 3500 grant category? specially those who had COs and done with medicals while submitting the application, (case officers don't have to specially ask for meds for onshore applicants).Do you think there is any luck for them?

Thanks

Dear All,

No reconciliation required, yes there are about 3500 Category 5 applicants but only a small number will be processed between now and the end of the program year on 30 June, and they're focusing on the ones who had already received requests.

Cheers,

George Lombard

George

do we have any idea of the 3500 how many had received offical requests from CO for Medicals and Police Checks ?

WJK

Guest heljef1
Hi guys me again

regards

pom64

we are in the same boat. i rang our agent (1st contact) and told her of the changes last fri and she hadn't heard anything and she said she would get back to me on monday. i rang her again on monday and she asked where i was getting my information from. i told her it was on here and she told me not to believe stuff i read on here as it could be just heresay, until i told her that someone from another migration company had confirmed it was true. she was then a bit stuck for words and then said she would contact their mara agents and see what they say. i rang her again today and she said that she'd still not had any confirmation and there was nothing on the diac website of any changes, but she'd been on here and had a look at the posts and said she thinks it could be true as there had been 2 visa's granted. she said she couldn't inform her clients of such changes until she had received official confirmation but did say she would email our co that we had before to see if she could shed some light on anything..... wonder how long that will take????

i have to ask - did i waste £2000 in fee money as i seem to know more than my agent - and before my agent?????????

good luck to all who's playing the waiting game............

Helen xx

Guest WoodyXRomford

Hi all,

Our agent sent a PLE to ask whats going on (as our meds are almost 2 months past expiry now, because we frontloaded them back in Oct 08). This was the reply by DIAC....pretty vague as one would expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your e-mail in relation to your clients’ visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

It is difficult to say if this application will be processed soon, we note that health has been done and only recently expired, it is state nominated and has Australian Federal Police clearances requested and these have been received.

I offer following the policy statement released today

"The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer. "

I also confirm there are no gaurantees on processing time frames and suggest that the applicant should not at this time re-do the health clearances unless they are requested by a case officer.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.

au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

General Skilled Migration - Adelaide Department of Immigration and Citizenship

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to all waiting!

Woody

Guest dunkyboy

I am wondering what I am paying my agent for as I seem to be more up to date regarding changes to the visa programme than them, I have emailed them to see what they have heard regarding the news regarding cat 5 people but am still waiting a response :confused:

Guest Justin JIANG

Hi Maklaut,

:arghh:I entirely agree with your opinions above. 'First come-first served' is a basic principle in most of the cases in our live,e.g. when we do the posting, we could come back again to the same post office clerk submitting some outstanding documents,without needing to queue up again.

Recommendations for DIAC:

1. First come first served----first priority principle

if they will process those who have meds and pcc pendings, then what will happen to those who don't have CO yet? wait until 2012? if that's the case, my IELTS will expire since I am from Asia. Why not just process all cat 5 applications in due time? it makes no big difference for those who have COs and don't have COs yet in figure?

Guest asc1903

Contacted by CO today asking if I can make 5 March move date? No problem

Things are definatley moving

175 application July 08 Asco code 4112-11

Applied WA SS March 09

Received WA SS Aug 08

CO allocated Sep 09, all documents submitted

Rule Change 23 Sep 09

Archived