Wanted Down Under - rang us

Elliott-Family

congratulations!

We applied last year and went through the telephone interview stage - each interview with Tom and me was about 30 mins long. Once we passed that we then had a filmed interview in our house - the whole family sitting on the sette - plus two dogs (we tried to look appealing!). We thought we had done great (!) - maybe on reflection it was only Tom and I that were laughing at each others' jokes! However, that filmed footage was then taken back to the Producers to choose (they told us we were down to the last 75 or so) Alas we clearly were not good enough or interesting enough to make the programmes!

We were gutted at the time - but got over it long since now :-) We were terrified that the camera would put 10lbs on us - so were releived all round with rejection!

Good luck :jiggy:

congratulations!

We applied last year and went through the telephone interview stage - each interview with Tom and me was about 30 mins long. Once we passed that we then had a filmed interview in our house - the whole family sitting on the sette - plus two dogs (we tried to look appealing!). We thought we had done great (!) - maybe on reflection it was only Tom and I that were laughing at each others' jokes! However, that filmed footage was then taken back to the Producers to choose (they told us we were down to the last 75 or so) Alas we clearly were not good enough or interesting enough to make the programmes!

We were gutted at the time - but got over it long since now :-) We were terrified that the camera would put 10lbs on us - so were releived all round with rejection!

Good luck :jiggy:

lol

Know what you mean, first thing i said to hubby was 'oh my god now im gonna have to go on a real diet' lol

we cool if we get on and cool if we dont, at least its giving us something else to think about other than selling house

Claire x

Good Luck guys

It is a great experience if you can get to do it. I believe they are filming a re-visted series too.

Cal x

##

Are you on the re visited Cal? Was it you that had a hissy fit with the insects whilst on a walk? :biglaugh: Your family must be one of the best success stories I'm sure.

Michelle

You better believe that was me !!lol (see i can laugh now) Cant believe i ended up living a short drive from the place that caused my hissy! lol

Yes we are supposed to be filming an update in a couple of weeks,, although i am sat here watching a huge truck drop trailer loads of top soil (that my hubby 'kindly' organised) and thinking OMG this place will look a mess!lol Whilst my lad is out there all excited planning his motorbike jumps! lol

Men and their timing heh !lol

Cal x

Bet he will be putting in a few late nights getting it all planted up then! It will be good for those in the UK (and here) to follow a story that came good, it's easy to only focus on those for whom it hasn't worked out when you are trying to make a choice.

Good on ya!

Michelle

Guest benedict1
You better believe that was me !!lol (see i can laugh now) Cant believe i ended up living a short drive from the place that caused my hissy! lol

Yes we are supposed to be filming an update in a couple of weeks,, although i am sat here watching a huge truck drop trailer loads of top soil (that my hubby 'kindly' organised) and thinking OMG this place will look a mess!lol Whilst my lad is out there all excited planning his motorbike jumps! lol

Cal x

Aw - that was you!!!

I remember that episode and thought you were a lovely family!! Now I can put a face to your PIO name!

Sooo glad your settled and happy.

:smile:

Cal x

Oh my god that was you, i remember that one! What was that wormy looking thing on your trainer, still to this day I have wondered what it was? It looked horrid!!!!

We sooo wanted to go on Wanted Down under, but they had just finished the series when we decided to go, so thought sod it, lets just go on a whim and be spontaneous, after all we're young and have nothing to lose!!!!

When are they filming?!.....

LOL, it was only a leech, but they had given us a ''talk'' before we entered the forest and had really wound me up about crawlies so it was the icing on the cake sort of thing. lol.

They are filming around Brissy/Gold Coast on various dates in October as i know another family who are also filming an update so they must be filming all of us around the same time.

If you can get on the show ,go for it, obviously everything is very edited but its still an excellent experience and is great for the little ones to watch back when they are older.

Cal x

Oh how mean! My mum keeps going on about the spiders - winding me up, I think it's because she's secretly hoping I'll get too scared and change my mind!

We would have loved to have gone on it! I looked into it a bit yesterday and couldn't find how you apply for it?! However we leave for Oz in Jan so we're prob too late to apply.....

Guest bradnjules

Cool! Well done! Did you e-mail them to ask if you could be on the show? Like Poca&Dan I've been wanting to apply when they do a new series, but couldn't find an e-mail address to ask :-? Can you tell me who you e-mailed please?

Cool! Well done! Did you e-mail them to ask if you could be on the show? Like Poca&Dan I've been wanting to apply when they do a new series, but couldn't find an e-mail address to ask :-? Can you tell me who you e-mailed please?

Hi, when you planning to make the big move and where you going?!

...And any info on how to apply would be much appreciated!! Would love to go on the show, but as I said earlier we may be too late!

Sorry i cant help with e-mails ,you can try the one Geoffrey has given above though. The BBC approached us via our visa agent a few years ago and we filmed the pilot episode ,they have got in touch with our family in the uk this time to get our contact details here.

Cal x

I emailed the BBC yesterday but am doubtful about hearing anything back!

If I am being honest it is too late for us really, we're going early Jan (pending our visa - any day now?!!!!) and we should prob spend the rest of our time in the UK with friends and family, plus I think I've about used all my A/L and I can't really afford to just take a leave of unpaid absence! Plus OH's job son't know that he is leaving so soon yet!

If only it was under different circumstances, saying that we're off in Jan woop woop!:jiggy:

I emailed the BBC yesterday but am doubtful about hearing anything back!

If I am being honest it is too late for us really, we're going early Jan (pending our visa - any day now?!!!!) and we should prob spend the rest of our time in the UK with friends and family, plus I think I've about used all my A/L and I can't really afford to just take a leave of unpaid absence! Plus OH's job son't know that he is leaving so soon yet!

If only it was under different circumstances, saying that we're off in Jan woop woop!

hehehe O please let me do a house hunting bit for you !!! that would be sooo fun!:jiggy:dont think i'll be able to do the family vid's, which of course would be useless as you'd be staying here of course! :wink:.

Hahaha!! The family video bits always makes me cringe and a bit weepy! :cry: Dan always makes me turn it off at that point!!!

Ooooh by all means help me hunt for a house! I love things like that and Dan doesn't so may need you anyway!!!!

OMG I just can't wait - hopefully we'll get the visa next week, that will be the 28 days, however my luck will be is comes on 31st Oct!!!:biggrin:

Hahaha!! The family video bits always makes me cringe and a bit weepy! :cry: Dan always makes me turn it off at that point!!!

Ooooh by all means help me hunt for a house! I love things like that and Dan doesn't so may need you anyway!!!!

OMG I just can't wait - hopefully we'll get the visa next week, that will be the 28 days, however my luck will be is comes on 31st Oct!!!:biggrin:

fingers x'd 4 u !!

house hunting is great fun, i think its a common thing that blokes dont like it. im sure the OH isnt the only one who threw a paddy in the real estate office! ekk!

Thats the bit i am not looking forwards too when they come. I know they have been to see my brother and i haven't seen him since we left so that will be hard. I did ring him before they filmed and told him he must not make me cry,lol.

Cal x

Archived