How can i bring son who is 20 on my visa?

stacybird123

hi, my sister is emmigrating with us and she is just doing her application.

What are her options for her son who is 20 who also wants to come with us?.he is not in full time education.

can he go on their 176 visa or does he have to do a separate visa with me possibly sponsoring him?

Can he come intailly on a working holiday visa?

regards,

Guest Julie495

Hi I think the cheapest and easiest option would be for him to go on a student visa. then he can make up his mind if he'd like to stay permanant, I only say this because my daughter of 20 was forever changing her mind and has decided to stay here to finish her studies, then if she changes her mind in a few years she said she'd follow me over on a student visa and see if she would like to stay.. hope this helps. good luck.

I dont know if this is correct for your Sisters situation, but my son is 16 (17 when we leave) & we have been told that he has to be totally dependant on us....

Which means, live with us, not earn his own money & not be married!!....:wink:

Good Luck & I would suggest that you/your Sister talk with a migration expert to be 100% sure....:yes:

I would say that a student visa is probably the most costly of all the options and used only as a very last resort.

As a guide, our situation - me, OH and son (who was still in school - 16) were granted PR visa but 19 yr old daughter (at time) couldn't be included because she was working.

We considered student visa but it was prohibitively expensive.

IF he is the last remaining relative not in Oz ie his parents and siblings are in Oz and he is single (is not living with girlfriend, not engaged or married or have a child) then maybe your sister could sponsor him on a last remaining relative visa after she has been settled in Oz for a while. In the meantime he could be with the family on a working holiday visa - which does have some restrictions but nothing that can't be overcome and isn't expensive.

I like the others though would suggest you speak with a good migration agent to find out the options to be sure and can happily recommend Go Matilda.

Lyn

hi, my sister is emmigrating with us and she is just doing her application.

What are her options for her son who is 20 who also wants to come with us?.he is not in full time education.

can he go on their 176 visa or does he have to do a separate visa with me possibly sponsoring him?

Can he come intailly on a working holiday visa?

On the presumption that your nephew is a UK citizen (I have learned to presume nothing in this business)

1. He is eligible to come on a WHV if he has not been on one before.

2. Is your nephew working/married/living in a de facto relationship?

3. If he is working, what work does he do?

4. What qualifications does your nephew have, if any?

Those are just some initial queries before anyone can give meaningful advice.

On the presumption that your nephew is a UK citizen (I have learned to presume nothing in this business)

1. He is eligible to come on a WHV if he has not been on one before.

2. Is your nephew working/married/living in a de facto relationship?

3. If he is working, what work does he do?

4. What qualifications does your nephew have, if any?

Those are just some initial queries before anyone can give meaningful advice.

1. no he has not been on a whv before

2.not married

3 floor finisher like me but he has only been doing it 3 years and it must be 4. Also is it really nessercery that he has to do what i did to get the visa?, as i has alot of stress getting AQF, state sponsorship etc and would hate to go through that again.

4. no qualifications, just been learning with me as a apprentice for 3 years so far.

regards,

Guest pommiepaul
1. no he has not been on a whv before

2.not married

3 floor finisher like me but he has only been doing it 3 years and it must be 4. Also is it really nessercery that he has to do what i did to get the visa?, as i has alot of stress getting AQF, state sponsorship etc and would hate to go through that again.

4. no qualifications, just been learning with me as a apprentice for 3 years so far.

regards,

HEY

im in the same position as him myself i was 20 when i left england.left on a whv.and now i want to stay here...struggling to find out what visa tho..all my family has permanent residensy..but my little bro has decided to go back to romford(dont no y) so il be interested to see what happens here!!!

for the last remaining family visa,is the bond which I think is for $5000 always asked for? is it mandatory or is it up to centrelink,this is the stage my son is at,his assurers have said a bond isnt needed,does this sound feasible to you ? if the bond is needed how long after the interview with the insurers do they ask for it ? hope you have the answers,feel so near but still so far away from having all this behind us Thanks

Archived