Toilet's Australia - British Waterways

Shed's Australia - British Airways

British Petroleum

British humour

British politeness

British culture

British heritage

British reserve

Patriotism is a lot more obvious as an outsider - you tend to not notice your own because you were bought up with it and it all glosses over you.

You only have to read this forum or read the British press to realise that the Australians ability to criticise England is matched the other way around. The ability to talk yourselves up is certainly not stunted either. You are just the same as us. I think the sooner we all realise this the better we will all get on.

OUCH......

Does that mean the UK has "a sure sign of insecurity & confusion about their national identity"............. :wideeyed:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aastrayaan icon - British Legend

Aussie Battler - British Bulldog

Fencing Australia - British Telecom

Cricket Australia - British Gas

Toilet's Australia - British Waterways

Shed's Australia - British Airways

British Petroleum

British humour

British politeness

British culture

British heritage

British reserve

Patriotism is a lot more obvious as an outsider - you tend to not notice your own because you were bought up with it and it all glosses over you.

You only have to read this forum or read the British press to realise that the Australians ability to criticise England is matched the other way around. The ability to talk yourselves up is certainly not stunted either. You are just the same as us. I think the sooner we all realise this the better we will all get on.

Please don't pick on the British, now they feel the need to start these silly posts :SLEEP:(well some do anyway)

By the way I don't think you are, just pointing out that its the same in both countries

Geoffrey

Like Cal, I was thinking about asking for a refund, it's cold in winter!!!!! (shock/horror), having said that the most i've worn is a fleece rather than a big coat, scarf and gloves ... but nevertheless a mis-advertisement for sure!!

What bugged me was the Aussies thinking their country is the best in the world...When they've only ever been on a plane to visit Tasmania!!!

And the endless stream of ants in the house.

And the supermarkets were rubbish.

And the boredom at the weekends.

Guest Working to fish
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

E ,,,,,,,,,,,UP ,

Mally

Hows it going ,good time had ,in land up over .

ps

its me new name dont you know lol

Guest caterham

Do Ozzie drivers actually take a driving test? None iof them seem to know what lane to choose, and when they finally do decide, it's usually the wrong one! Please keep to the left. That's the one opposite to your right!

Cheers John

Defo the extortionate prices we pay for shi'ite clothes and trainers,and the same applies at the supermarkets for their inferior foodstuffs.

Blah, Blah, Blah!

Those sh1t clothes, trainers and inferior foodstuffs can be bought in the UK so when you make sweeping statements can you narror it down just a little, stops you looking so bitter........:tongue:

Blah, Blah, Blah!

Those sh1t clothes, trainers and inferior foodstuffs can be bought in the UK so when you make sweeping statements can you narror it down just a little, stops you looking so bitter........:tongue:

Difference is we call them Pound stores while in Aus they are called Woolies, Kmart and Myer..:biglaugh:

Guest J-inOz

It bugs me that aussies don't like change and newer and better things that make life more easier. If there great grandad did it a certain way, then why change it?

Adelaide bugs me because of the crappy road system, the bus service is pants.

The drivers must have passed their test through the acme school of motoring, where they are taught to drive up your arse, weave in and out of traffic only to be 2 cars in front at traffic lights and are told that you must be able to squeeze past a reversing car without waiting (this also applies to pedestrians as well)

Australian so badly want to disassociate themselves from their BRITISH heritage that they adopt the american ways instead, words such as: principle, recess, mufflers, chips (instead of crisps) pants (instead of trousers) singlet and of course, they adopted the dollar. They are always dissing the british for everything even sports. The crappy excuses they came up with for LOSING the ashes to the ENGLISH, were quite pathetic, just face it they lost to the better team, get over it.

Even though I have no desire to move back to the UK, I will never adopt certain words, like Marone (maroon to you and me) I will never call a pepper a capsicum and I won't change football to soccer.

If all the drivers drove properly and the americanisms were dropped and the winters were warmer and people welcomed change for the better, it wouldn't be that bad here at all

A whinging pom telling it how it is.:biglaugh:

It bugs me that aussies don't like change and newer and better things that make life more easier. If there great grandad did it a certain way, then why change it?

Adelaide bugs me because of the crappy road system, the bus service is pants.

The drivers must have passed their test through the acme school of motoring, where they are taught to drive up your arse, weave in and out of traffic only to be 2 cars in front at traffic lights and are told that you must be able to squeeze past a reversing car without waiting (this also applies to pedestrians as well)

Australian so badly want to disassociate themselves from their BRITISH heritage that they adopt the american ways instead, words such as: principle, recess, mufflers, chips (instead of crisps) pants (instead of trousers) singlet and of course, they adopted the dollar. They are always dissing the british for everything even sports. The crappy excuses they came up with for LOSING the ashes to the ENGLISH, were quite pathetic, just face it they lost to the better team, get over it.

Even though I have no desire to move back to the UK, I will never adopt certain words, like Marone (maroon to you and me) I will never call a pepper a capsicum and I won't change football to soccer.

If all the drivers drove properly and the americanisms were dropped and the winters were warmer and people welcomed change for the better, it wouldn't be that bad here at all

A whinging pom telling it how it is.:biglaugh:

Hmmm it's Australia not England.

Archived