Husband ready to snap

AnxiousMum

Well it seems I am back on the trail of getting to Australia again!!

It of course was my decision after our reckie to stay in UK. So feel more than a little guilty to hear husband come home from work yesterday to say because of various issues recently he is doing the work of 3 people at the moment and feels he is about to crack. He has even talked about going to the doctors to get signed off with stress.

So I am going to suggest to him tonight that he start to look for home courses to get a qualification in I.T. that the Australian Computer Society are looking for.

I know that its a longshot and, the chances of the skills and visa process changing in the 3 or so years it will take him to complete a course are high. But its a chance he is gonna have to take I think. He obviously needs to make a complete change and I am going to have to try and put my fears and worries about living so far from friends and family aside for his sanity.:sad:

So wish us luck, and either fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you feel about it I am back on PIO with a vengance!!!:laugh:

Well it seems I am back on the trail of getting to Australia again!!

It of course was my decision after our reckie to stay in UK. So feel more than a little guilty to hear husband come home from work yesterday to say because of various issues recently he is doing the work of 3 people at the moment and feels he is about to crack. He has even talked about going to the doctors to get signed off with stress.

So I am going to suggest to him tonight that he start to look for home courses to get a qualification in I.T. that the Australian Computer Society are looking for.

I know that its a longshot and, the chances of the skills and visa process changing in the 3 or so years it will take him to complete a course are high. But its a chance he is gonna have to take I think. He obviously needs to make a complete change and I am going to have to try and put my fears and worries about living so far from friends and family aside for his sanity.:sad:

So wish us luck, and either fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you feel about it I am back on PIO with a vengance!!!:laugh:

No offence meant,but......is the fact your husband is having a bad time in work the best reason to move to oz?

I don't believe it!!!!

Your husband is on the verge of a breakdown and you're going to suggest he goes to night school to do some more work.

Heres a suggestion, why don't you go out and find a way to get into Australia, maybe a hairdresser, nail technician etc.. etc..

You don't say what your OH actually does at the moment, but its not as simple as getting schooled up in something the ACS are interested in, they actually want to see proof you've been doing it for the last 5 years.

People on here are very polite, but I think you need a dose of reality, there are ways to get in and if you are committed and look hard enough I'm sure you'll find them.

Hang on a sec,

As most people know on here we have been looking at ways into Australia for a long time now, its not just a whim. It was actually his idea to move there in the first place, it was also his idea for a reckie, (admittedly I was the one who said I couldnt go through with it after the reckie).

This isnt just a newbie you are talking to you know!!!! And believe it or not I do understand how the ACS works thanks very much. Not going into it all now, but my husband has lots of experience just not the qualifications needed. He and I both know what qualifications he needs and they WILL match up with what his current job description aswell.

Also like to point out I recently took a career change into teaching to try and get us into Australia, so think you will find I am not just sitting around doing nothing to help.

Cant believe I have actually risen to this in the first place, must be going soft.

Thanks for the support though!!! Should have known really, thats also a reason havent been on here for while, cant bear the silly little jibes from people that just are not necessary.

:arghh:

Come on I've read your reccie. One two week visit you'd had enough.

I'd question whether you are committed enough to follow this through, it might not be a whim but from the posts I've read on here I'd question your motives.

You'd be far better deciding to move to Oz when things in Blighty were good, rather than looking to Oz as your escape tunnel.

Ok you have a point on the Blighty comments definately, I think waiting for husband to do a qualification (which he has already talked about himself before now) will give me time to make sure we are going for the right reasons, it will also help him as a qualification will make him more attractive to other employers whether that be we stay in UK or OZ, so dont think him doing this is gonna hurt.

Not sure what you are talking about when you say having read my posts you question my motives?????

And just for the record the trip was just over 3 weeks:wub:

Welcome back A.M

Life is to short to worry about what others think If anything i'd feel proud that you have a new member reply to your thread in such a way.

Only you know whats right for you, its better to go with your eyes wide open and telling your other half that you have concerns rather than yep happy to go and then for him to find out that your not.......

You keep going and ask as many questions as you need most on this site know how you feel so your not on your own and that should make you feel better....

Cheers

Geoffrey

Just to let you know anxious mum,my reply "wasnt" meant in a snide way:hug:,i was just saying is it the best reason,meant no harm,suppose i was just trying to say that if you didnt like it before it "might" still be that way for you?then resentment etc might come if you still dont like it and feel you have moved over "for his sake" kind of thing?? either way,i know you've been on here a good while and researched etc,so your deffo not "green", moving or not moving is a dillema for all of us,anyway good luck whatever you decide.

Thank you Caretaker xx

Caretaker!! :laugh:

Thats an old guy who sweeps the school hall & cleans the toilets, isnt it!! LOL

'CarterTucker' but just call me Kelly!.... :cute:

Anyway, back to topic, I agree that you must ALL be sure that moving to Australia is what you want, you cant do it because you think its what your hubby wants...As it will only end in tears

You need to be sure yourself & that as a family, you are commited & sure that it will be the best thing for you all.

Wishing you the very best of luck, I know you wont just take the decision lightly....A big talk is needed I think ;0)

Guest mandisfam

Good Luck A.M with your new plans. Like someone else said, where there is a will theres a way.....

As for your reasons for going to oz, everybody goes for different reasons....rightly or wrongly.....they are your reasons, and as long as you are happy....thats all that matters.

By the way I did read your reccie report and my me and oh found it very interesting, thanks for taking the time to write it. If you do make the big move over there, at least you will know what to expect.

Good Luck again.

Mandisfam

Thanks for the replies guys, makes me feel wanted lmao.

I have to say I have only just realised the person who started me off on my rant in the first place only joined this site today!!!! So they dont know me or my situation at all.

Like someone said though I should feel flattered as he has only sent stuff on my thread so far lol.

Most of you know what the situation was from before anyway, so you know this isnt just a whim for us. I have now had time to look back on the reckie and realised unfortunately I made the decision to stay in UK based on some really stupid reasons, I wont bore you with them either as will probably get more comments made lol.

There is more to the new plan than just husband coming home and saying hates his job I can assure you.:hug:

I have to say I have only just realised the person who started me off on my rant in the first place only joined this site today!!!! So they dont know me or my situation at all.

Like someone said though I should feel flattered as he has only sent stuff on my thread so far lol.

Most of you know what the situation was from before anyway, so you know this isnt just a whim for us. I have now had time to look back on the reckie and realised unfortunately I made the decision to stay in UK based on some really stupid reasons, I wont bore you with them either as will probably get more comments made lol.

There is more to the new plan than just husband coming home and saying hates his job I can assure you.:hug:

You really don't have to justify your self to us hun!!

Like you say most of us know about your situation, and we really want to see you settled and happy!

Your reasons to stay in the uk at that time, were not stupid reasons only valid ones,and now you have had time to reflect on those and take action! (you go girl!!!)

Good luck!! :wubclub:

Pay no attention to this individual - it was a duplicate account and user banned. Anyway i sent a Pm.

Tim

Hi AM

I also haven't read your previous posts and what I am about to say may (or may not) apply to your OH. When we applied for visa, OH's degree was not in IT and he had to go through the RPL route to get ACS approval, despite years of experience in IT. Maybe that route could be for you? Although you did speak about the ACS and knowing how it works, so I guess that may not be an option. It must be really frustrating not being able to do things asap, I know how impatient I am to get out there, but there are so many things to tie up this end it will not be for a while yet - although we are really lucky and have actually got our visas.

I hope it all works out for and will watch out for your progress. With regards to other people's unhelpful comments - you find them in all walks of life and sometimes people project their inadequacies onto others (according to social psychoanalysts!!!!). I only wish I had the time and energy to comment on other people's lives - I am too busy covering up my own shortfalls LOL!!

Good Luck

Karen

Hi AM

I also haven't read your previous posts and what I am about to say may (or may not) apply to your OH. When we applied for visa, OH's degree was not in IT and he had to go through the RPL route to get ACS approval, despite years of experience in IT. Maybe that route could be for you? Although you did speak about the ACS and knowing how it works, so I guess that may not be an option. It must be really frustrating not being able to do things asap, I know how impatient I am to get out there, but there are so many things to tie up this end it will not be for a while yet - although we are really lucky and have actually got our visas.

I hope it all works out for and will watch out for your progress. With regards to other people's unhelpful comments - you find them in all walks of life and sometimes people project their inadequacies onto others (according to social psychoanalysts!!!!). I only wish I had the time and energy to comment on other people's lives - I am too busy covering up my own shortfalls LOL!!

Good Luck

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yeah unfortunately although hubby has I.T. experience its only 3 years. The ACS are looking for 6 years experience at least. Thats why i think we are gonna wait and try and get him doing a qualification in the meantime. We are hoping for some visa changes. So at the moment we are definately looking at another 3 years here, or until he finishes a qualification that not only ties in with his current work but one that the ACS will accept too.

Hi AM

I see the problem now. OH is in C++ and .net and has been programming for more years than we care to mention. Could your OH get a job with an international company with offices in Oz and maybe transfer later? Have you contacted an agent for advice? You don't say how old you are - but if under 30 maybe a working holiday visa (again don't quote me just trying to add options, which you have probably looked at). Or do you have a skill that can be transferred to one on the CSL list? You may of course be like me and have two children, currently studying for a degree in Psychology, doing voluntary work and NIL points according to DIAC - and they say life experience is more important these days!!

Don't give up hope, in the meantime get as many qualifications as you can and just hope for a change in DIAC requirements. If OH chooses the most up to date technologies that should hold him in good stead both here and in Oz in the future (although being a COMPLETE technophobe I actually don't know what C++ and .Net are!!!!) I work on the basis it takes all sorts to make the world go round!!!

Kind Regards

Karen

Guest inaroundroom
Hi Karen,

Yeah unfortunately although hubby has I.T. experience its only 3 years. The ACS are looking for 6 years experience at least. Thats why i think we are gonna wait and try and get him doing a qualification in the meantime. We are hoping for some visa changes. So at the moment we are definately looking at another 3 years here, or until he finishes a qualification that not only ties in with his current work but one that the ACS will accept too.

If going on a course will backup his current 3 years that is a bonus, not sure when trying to get a job how relevant a certification will be with no real world experience.

Hi Karen,

I wish we were under 30, we are both 36, although I am 37 in a month (shhh) LOL

Basically we are just winging it at the moment. OH works for RBS and has done since leaving school. He is a Fraud Analyst and no I have no idea what that is either. All I know is because he went there straight from school he doesnt have an qualifications at all. The other problem is he has only been in the I.T. dept (Fraud A) for 3 years, he has worked all over the RBS building, but only now got in the I.T. dept. He is currently looking for other work as RBS isnt exactly secure anymore!!!

Will let you know what happens, but dont hold your breath.:laugh:

Archived