Guest pakistan

@Mu'mina the email address is: immigration.islamabad@dfat.gov.au . The correct way to provide them documents is to upload them to your immi account. I'm not sure they like getting emails with attachments these days. Unless your query is really urgent, don't expect them to respond to you. Even if they do, it will be a standard reply saying your application is in progress bla bla bla.

They called my wife for an interview exactly 10 months after the application. After the interview, they sent an email asking for additional documents and medicals.

What's your story? You the applicant or the sponsor? When did you apply?

4 hours ago, Andy_ said:

@Mu'mina the email address is: immigration.islamabad@dfat.gov.au . The correct way to provide them documents is to upload them to your immi account. I'm not sure they like getting emails with attachments these days. Unless your query is really urgent, don't expect them to respond to you. Even if they do, it will be a standard reply saying your application is in progress bla bla bla.

They called my wife for an interview exactly 10 months after the application. After the interview, they sent an email asking for additional documents and medicals.

What's your story? You the applicant or the sponsor? When did you apply?

Thanks for the prompt reply. We lodged paper application in November 2017. So we dont have an Immi account. We did get an acknowledgement email but thats it so far. 

Im sponsoring my husband who is in Karachi. I recently visited Karachi and wanted to inform AHC however not sure how to go about it. Can I still make an Immi account now? And then upload pics etc? 

Hi everyone I have question for my friend 

pls answer guys If you have information,,,

He went to Australia  by boat 4 years ago,,,

and he married with her wife she is cityzen 

He can’t apply for partner visa onshore because he doesn’t ( permanent visa ) and he is Refugee now ,,,,

his lawyer told him can’t apply for any visa from inside the Australia 

His lawyer told him  first he should be withdraw the ( asylum case )and after back to his country and apply for partner visa ,,,,

just I have question guys Is this true ?

If you have any information, please share with me ,,,

thanks guys 

20 minutes ago, Moji Jalinousi said:

Hi everyone I have question for my friend 

pls answer guys If you have information,,,

He went to Australia  by boat 4 years ago,,,

and he married with her wife she is cityzen 

He can’t apply for partner visa onshore because he doesn’t ( permanent visa ) and he is Refugee now ,,,,

his lawyer told him can’t apply for any visa from inside the Australia 

His lawyer told him  first he should be withdraw the ( asylum case )and after back to his country and apply for partner visa ,,,,

just I have question guys Is this true ?

If you have any information, please share with me ,,,

thanks guys 

He really should be taking advice from a registered migration agent, not  lawyer or a bunch of random strangers. 

2 hours ago, Mu'mina said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. We lodged paper application in November 2017. So we dont have an Immi account. We did get an acknowledgement email but thats it so far. 

Im sponsoring my husband who is in Karachi. I recently visited Karachi and wanted to inform AHC however not sure how to go about it. Can I still make an Immi account now? And then upload pics etc? 

Sorry I'm not sure how to update paper applications. One way to know is to call the Islamabad High Commission and ask them.

@Moji Jalinousi I"ll second what Nemesis said. Your friend's case is beyond the expertise of random strangers and he should really engage a reputable migration agent.

6 hours ago, Mu'mina said:

Hi @Mu'mina we also lodged paper application in september 2017 and when i sent an email to immi asking about how to send updated/further supporting documents...they told me to send them via email on  immigration.islamabad@dfat.gov.au Or post mail.

Edited by Ssalman

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:49, Mu'mina said:

you can create immi accound now and use your TRN number to locate and import your application to immi account. hope it help.

On Sat May 12 2018 at 16:44, Hasj said:

It varies from case to case, i have seen some people getting in just a day after the interview while some had to wait for 2 to 3 months.

Did they ask you for any additional document after the interview?

not yet 

On 30/04/2018 at 14:23, Nemesis said:

We were told to expect 18 months to 2 years

Hi Nemesis

Grateful if you can please advise on when did you seek this advice? was it 2017 or 2016? Thanks again. It will help me understand how much more time I have to wait. I am kind of in a rock and a hard situation where if I apply a new application it will take 10 months. With my appeal I have already waited for 9 months.....so really it is a matter of 7k worth spending on new application or not

6 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Speak to a registered agent and address the reasons for refusal if you wish to reapply.

I talk with my lowyer ,, my case refusal because Caseofficer Not convinced about our visa 309 

He has found five problems

About my birthday photo 

about Home appliances factor

I got a headache about all  problem very funny broblem ,,,,,,,,,,,,

i should be going to Appeal Court

8 minutes ago, Moji Jalinousi said:

I talk with my lowyer ,, my case refusal because Caseofficer Not convinced about our visa 309 

He has found five problems

About my birthday photo 

about Home appliances factor

I got a headache about all  problem very funny broblem ,,,,,,,,,,,,

i should be going to Appeal Court

Sad to hear that mate.

The AAT currently takes on average 14 months to hear your case. The time it takes for them to make a decision and for the Immigration Department to change their decision will be over and above that.  http://www.aat.gov.au/migration-and-refugee-division/steps-in-a-review/how-long-will-the-process-take

Honestly, I'm not sure how good your agent is and why he allowed any shortcomings in your application. Is he based in Australia? Is he MARA registered? If not, dump him immediately and hire a MARA registered agent who has a success record of several years. Once you have hired such an agent, field your questions to him trust his advice.

@MNOOR that's great news, congrats! Yes you will be free to travel in and out of Australia after your initial entry. You can even take the next flight back to Pakistan after you land in Australia ?

@sasasasa You're very welcome to contribute to this thread :). What's your story? Are you the applicant or the sponsor? What is your timeline?

• Thanks 1

On 10/05/2018 at 13:53, Andy_ said:

It can easily be done at your local Kachehri. There's dozens of agents sitting on the streets of a kachehri who translate the document for you and get it stamped from a Translator and Notary Public. They'll know the process - just show up to them.

Thank you Andy for your response.