Guest pakistan

21 hours ago, oliver27 said:

Hi,

Can anyone advise roughly how long people are seeing a case officer assigned to their 309 application lodging online but to London office?

thanks

You dont see a case officer until they dont require something. We got our interview/further document requested/visa grant in 9 months. 75% applications get processed in 11 months. So you should see a conclusion in 11 months. And expect an interview in 9 months.

Edited by ali.komal

Hi i am an Australian citizen 

Applied for my husband's visa on 31st july 2017 online in Lahore Pakistan

bio-metrics and medical was done first week of August 2017.

it will be 7 months next week  No interview yet

Has anyone on this forum have applied in july 2017? 

9 minutes ago, Aisha00! said:

Hi i am an Australian citizen 

Applied for my husband's visa on 31st july 2017 online in Lahore Pakistan

bio-metrics and medical was done first week of August 2017.

it will be 7 months next week  No interview yet

Has anyone on this forum have applied in july 2017? 

Yes, 30th June for my wife. No interview or any contact yet. For Pakistan based applicants, we're seeing a trend of getting interview calls around 9 months in.

Hi Guys,

I have received an email from my Co today that my case is currently being determined to see whether it meets regulatory requirements or not. What exactly does this mean and I wonder how much longer I have to wait. 

Edited by Mi mi

45 minutes ago, J-J said:

Just to give an update.

Applied 28th Jan 2018 (From the UK)

Approved 21st Feb 2018

Less than 4 Weeks !!

So exited for the move!!!

Woah that’s amazing! Do you mind outlining your relationship / application?

I know we were speaking on a previous thread about your application being in the same stage as mine (main applicant was ‘received’ and sponsor was ‘submitted’) - did you just straight away get a ‘granted’ notification? No case officer assigned?

2 minutes ago, oliver27 said:

Woah that’s amazing! Do you mind outlining your relationship / application?

I know we were speaking on a previous thread about your application being in the same stage as mine (main applicant was ‘received’ and sponsor was ‘submitted’) - did you just straight away get a ‘granted’ notification? No case officer assigned?

Sure 

I (applicant) am a UK citizen born and bread. My partner is an Australian Citizen born and bread. Both 28

Been together since 2014 when we met in Australia (I was on working holiday) 

When my working holiday ended he came back to the UK with me as my 457 sponsorship visa was only a 50/50 chance of being approved.  

Lived together in the UK since March 15 

got married (Civil partnership) October 2016 

Applied for 309 / 100  28th Jan 18 

Approved 21st Feb 18 

I got no email / notification of a case officer, the application didn't change from the day it was submitted until it was approved.

I got a confirmation email saying the visa had been granted and the status on the IMMI account changed to 'Finalized' 

Anymore questions fire away, i'm Happy to answer. 

• Thanks 1

So update on my application from U.K. - applied 11th Feb, department requested info 23rd Feb. Super quick! They requested police check, health examination, and also sponsor’s passport.

I have a couple of questions:

• For the health check, when it is complete how do I know the medical practice has submitted it to my application using HAP. I believe once I have all requested docs uploaded I need to press the ‘additional info submitted’ (or whatever it’s called) button on the immiaccount.
  • For the police check, once received do I just do full colour scan of this? Don’t have to get it certified?
  •  They have requested sponsor’s passport. We provided sponsor’s birth certificate to prove her nationality, but sponsor doesn’t have an Australian passport, but does have a British passport (dual nationality), although we didn’t actually submit this originally. I assume it’s ok to just upload British passport? I rang the embassy office about this and they weren’t too sure, but just said upload whatever passport sponsor has with a cover letter
  • How long usually from submitting this extra info do they make a decision? Assume now my case has been assigned I can expect it to flow reasonably quick?
  • I also assume they are happy with all the other evidence about our relationship, else they would have requested more info on this as well?
Edited by oliver27

Hello Everyone, 

I need a bit of Information, I'm a Permanent Resident and had applied for my wife's Spouse Visa (309/100) in Sep 2017.  In December I had applied for my wife's Tourist Visa so that she can come and join me here in Australia until DIAC takes a decision on her 309 (TR) visa. She was granted a Tourist Visa within 3 weeks and she joined me in Jan,2018. Now couple of days ago I received an email from the Department stating that they wish to take a decision on her 309 visa and that she needs to leave the country within 28 days so that they can take a decision on her 309 Partner application as she had applied it from off-shore. 

They have said in their email that "We will check at the end of the 28th day whether the applicant" is outside of the country and in case if she's still not outside of Australia it may adversely effect the outcome of her application.  
Also they have mentioned that they need minimum 5 working days to take a decision and have not mentioned an upper limit.

Now I want to understand that if we book a holiday trip to Bali/some other place for say 7-8 days before the expiry period of the 28 day and notify them that my wife has exited, will they take a decision before expiry of the 28 day period or will they compulsorily wait for the 28 day period and only at the end of the 28 day period take decision. 

We don't want to be stuck in a situation where we have exhausted our holiday in Bali/other destination and they have still not taken a decision. We'll be stuck and she'll be left with no option to stay back or return to India until they take a decision. 

I want to understand that firstly will they take decision before 28 days if my wife leaves the country?
Secondly how much time do they usually take to make a decision if all documentation is complete and finalized and they just need to take a decision.

Any guidance, help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ankur Gupta

Oliver27

with the police check it is just a full coloured scan . 

Passport I can’t help with my husband has his Aussie one . 

And time  frame , mines so far : 

DOL : 15th Feb 2018  ( 1:30am )  

additional Docs requested : 14:00pm same day ! 

Uploaded these all over the weekend and pressed info submitted . 

Case is now : Assessment in progress as of 20th Feb . 

My application was front loaded though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrsShields12 said:

Oliver27

with the police check it is just a full coloured scan . 

Passport I can’t help with my husband has his Aussie one . 

And time  frame , mines so far : 

DOL : 15th Feb 2018  ( 1:30am )  

additional Docs requested : 14:00pm same day ! 

Uploaded these all over the weekend and pressed info submitted . 

Case is now : Assessment in progress as of 20th Feb . 

My application was front loaded though. 

Wow visas are getting processed / looked at very quick hope you get an answer soon. 

My Husband resigned last Friday ( has to give 3 months notice) but things are getting real now. 

Still debating weather or not to do some traveling first before we land with his family in Tas and then look for jobs in Melbourne. especially as it will be their winter in June when we will be looking to leave the UK. 

I’m not too sure what assessment is process is . 

Does it mean someone is actually looking at it now or queued ? 

JJ we will be moving in with my husbands parents . They have 180 acre property with a granny flat ready to go . 

I have two duel citizen babies and an older son who I’ve sole custody , been married over two years . Hubby has been in uk on spouse visa since Nov 2015 so I hope it goes to a quick decision also . 

I stalk my immi account daily lol ? 

16 hours ago, MrsShields12 said:

I’m not too sure what assessment is process is . 

Does it mean someone is actually looking at it now or queued ? 

JJ we will be moving in with my husbands parents . They have 180 acre property with a granny flat ready to go . 

I have two duel citizen babies and an older son who I’ve sole custody , been married over two years . Hubby has been in uk on spouse visa since Nov 2015 so I hope it goes to a quick decision also . 

I stalk my immi account daily lol ? 

Can't help you regarding the 'assessment is process' ours went straight from submitted to finalized. 

Oh perfect regarding the accommodation. 

What part of Australia are you moving to? 

7 hours ago, J-J said:

Can't help you regarding the 'assessment is process' ours went straight from submitted to finalized. 

Oh perfect regarding the accommodation. 

What part of Australia are you moving to? 

Just a little outside Newcastle , NSW . 

When applying for his uk spouse it was paperwork . With this being online I cant help checking it constantly .  

Its 2 weeks tomorrow which is nothing at all . Yours was very quick but thinking that it could be months and months is stressful lol 

15 hours ago, MrsShields12 said:

Just a little outside Newcastle , NSW . 

When applying for his uk spouse it was paperwork . With this being online I cant help checking it constantly .  

Its 2 weeks tomorrow which is nothing at all . Yours was very quick but thinking that it could be months and months is stressful lol 

Yes I was the same checking 3 times a day haha. 

Yes i know its so stressful. We had decided that we would go in November this year but when it came through so quickly we just thought why wait. 

Hi Guys,

I am in Pakistan while wife in Australia. We got married in December 2016. We submitted our application in December 2017 so now application status is "assessment is progress"

My wife happen to be moving some time soon so is it a good idea to have my names on the utility bills? 

I think I know the answer is "NO" :) still checking with you all to be on sure side.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Zeeshoo

1 hour ago, Zeeshoo said:

Hi Guys,

I am in Pakistan while wife in Australia. We got married in December 2016. We submitted our application in December 2017 so now application status is "assessment is progress"

My wife happen to be moving some time soon so is it a good idea to have my names on the utility bills? 

I think I know the answer is "NO" :) still checking with you all to be on sure side.

Thanks in advance

I'd be tempted to do that as well but it makes no sense. Someone who is not even in Australia yet can't be on the utility bill of a house where he doesn't reside.

3 hours ago, J-J said:

Yes I was the same checking 3 times a day haha. 

Yes i know its so stressful. We had decided that we would go in November this year but when it came through so quickly we just thought why wait. 

M pretty certain I’ve provided more than enough information . I’ve kept it up to date also , I went in and uploaded this  months joint bank statements etc and some recent friend invites . Just keeping it relevant I guess . Fingers crossed it is soon . It’s not even the “ we get a grant and move tomorrow “ it’s just knowning that’s i done it all correctly etc . 

I done the British one so fingers crossed.

Hi everyone

We applied for my 309 visa(paper based) in sep 2017 and since then no cotact whatsoever from the immi deptartment isb except for a ack letter.

Hi @Andy

As you said in one of  your previous posts you (being the sponsor) are in pakistan... can sponsor stay in pakistan till the visa grant??

And is your wife done with the medical check??

10 minutes ago, Ssalman said:

Hi everyone

We applied for my 309 visa(paper based) in sep 2017 and since then no cotact whatsoever from the immi deptartment isb except for a ack letter.

Hi @Andy

As you said in one of  your previous posts you (being the sponsor) are in pakistan... can sponsor stay in pakistan till the visa grant??

And is your wife done with the medical check??

Yes there is nothing in the law that mandates the sponsor to be in Australia during the process. You might have seen many applicants from the UK in this forum whose sponsors were with them in the UK during their applications. Anecdotal evidence suggests Islamabad High Commission is a bit harder to please than High Commissions in other low risk countries. So if the sponsor is staying with the applicant outside Australia, the sponsor should include information as to how they plan to fulfill the requirements of 'sponsorship' which includes providing accommodation, food and other necessities to the applicant for the first two years of their stay in Australia.

No we haven't had a request for medicals yet. To date my wife seemed to be the only who wasn't requested for medicals instantly after the application. Heartening to see you in the same boat :).

Edited by Andy_
typo

27 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

Yes there is nothing in the law that mandates the sponsor to be in Australia during the process. You might have seen many applicants from the UK in this forum whose sponsors were with them in the UK during their applications. Anecdotal evidence suggests Islamabad High Commission is a bit harder to please than High Commissions in other low risk countries. So if the sponsor is staying with the applicant outside Australia, the sponsor should include information as to how they plan to fulfill the requirements of 'sponsorship' which includes providing accommodation, food and other necessities to the applicant for the first two years of their stay in Australia.

No we haven't had a request for medicals yet. To date my wife seemed to be the only who wasn't requested for medicals instantly after the application. Heartening to see you in the same boat :).

Yeah true...

are you still in Pakistan?

does my husband need to inform immi about his arrival and stay in Pakistan?

Edited by Ssalman

3 hours ago, Andy_ said:

I'd be tempted to do that as well but it makes no sense. Someone who is not even in Australia yet can't be on the utility bill of a house where he doesn't reside.

I guess you are right, thanks for the reply. I was just thinking ahead for the interview and second stage visa.